the Rift

[Judge] Let me earn my victory first [Psyche]

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

Fresh back from the veins I bear my teeth in the place I call home. Soft soil had started to show and blades of grass starting to sprout from beneath. I must say,I preferred the land when it was frozen over,it felt more homely. More where I'm from though I suppose I will get used to the fresh,grassy side of places. I stand,lifting my head up and around to sniff around me,the distance smell of Unicorns washing my senses clean. My mind works at the quest I am enduring for the Moon Goddess to grant me my wish of my un-dead follows. A cunning grin grows on my face. Oh what I could do then.

Keeping my sense's alert as I wait for Psyche to come,the great mare who had accepted my into this land and now would help me with my quest. I couldn't be more grateful for what she is doing for me. I can't wait for her black shadowy figure to appear to me. I can feel the excitement building inside of me,the excitement to fight,to draw blood,to taste blood,to feel blood between my claws and in my mouth. No Lupus. I shake my head down. Killing and fighting are different things,something I must keep reminding myself when the mare herself shows. Extending my claws slightly I let out a low growl,making my presence known,my lips curling up to show my unforgiving teeth. I quiver as I can feel the tension growing inside me,more and more and more. The thought of blood drips into my mind,as blood drips of my teeth after a meal. To fight only,not to kill. I remind myself sharply.

[2 posts each,first attacker gets one defense,no magic or companions. In the Basin at midday.]

WC:297

Summary:Standing in the Basin waiting for Psyche.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

She arrives quickly, the jackal-mare, emerging from the shadows of a cave, blending with the shade of the trees until she stands before him. She keeps a safe distance, for now, as the fight has not yet begun. For a brief moment, she remembers her last fight, a spar with the stallion Valentine who had so betrayed his kindred. Where is he now, I wonder? she thinks, but quickly banishes the thought from her head. She cannot afford to lose concentration, not against the mongrel who could so easily close his jaws around her throat and make her his next meal.

He won't, though, however much he may want to. She knows this to be true. He owes her too much, this ivory wolf. She had given him a home, and now she would gift him with magic. Oh, of course it was not hers to give, but in aiding him, she became a part of it. He would owe her more when this was over. A lone wolf, she had no use for; a wolf with an army of the undead at his back, indebted to her, she lusted after. What better way to torment her enemies than to send zombified creatures after them? It is not for him, then, that she has agreed to this battle; no, it is for everything that she stands to gain.

Her voice is a bored drawl when she calls to him. "And so, we begin," she says, and leaps into motion. Her stride is quick and sure as she charges, her maw tucked to her chest, protecting her throat from exposure as well as allowing her to aim her horn, her most prized weapon. A straightforward attack is not, perhaps, the best way to approach this particular battle, but she must start somewhere, so there it is. She approaches, swerving slightly to the right, dipping her head and twisting her nape; her horn is aimed at his left side, intending to deliver a long laceration from his shoulder to haunch. Still, she keeps her nape carefully turned away, and as she passes, she wrenches her head up and away, trying hard to avoid injury.

[W/C | 370]
[OOC | Attack 1/2 | Defense 0/1
Psyche charges at Lupus' right side, aiming her horn to scratch from his shoulder to haunch, carefully twisting her neck so that it is not exposed. As she pulls clear, she pulls her head quickly out of reach.]

""

Image Credit

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

The dark shadowy mare makes herself seen at last,my lip curls up slightly in something of a smile. Not a entirely kind smile,but not completely sly or cruel. So this is where my quest starts,a fight with my lady Psyche. I tense all my muscles,making me look more powerful as I prepare them to work well for me and for my mind to think tactics. I do not wish to kill her,nor hurt her badly either but I am ready to kill my quest. To end it. To become victorious. To win what I deserve. My three zombie wolfs. I wanted then,I desire them. I deserve them. Just imagine what I can do with them? I can spread fear though my enemies,make them cower,make them wish they weren't in my presence. Make them wish it wasn't this wolf. And I shell use my pets well. I will put them to good use. I shell become victorious again and again with them. You will see.

And so, we begin. The voice pulls me away from thoughts. I bear my teeth. I extend my claws. I open my jaw. I am ready to defeat my leader. As the unicorn charges I wait till the last moment before leaping to the right side,out the way of the weapon that stands proudly from her forehead,so beautiful,so unique,but yet so dangerous. As she charges past my body has already twisted to face her passing side. I leap,aiming my claws at her black pelt,hoping to grab her skin,to dig my claws into her skin. My jaw unlocks, as I try to grab her skin in my jaws. I do not clamp them shut with force,though there is still speed. Instead I bring them down more gently then I do to my prey though,I wish I could bring them down harder,to bring her down but I know I must not. She had given me to much and was still giving. Well,helping me. It is a debt I would willingly pay back to her.

WC:364

Summary:He dodges to the right of her charge,twisting his body then leaping up aiming to cling onto her side as she charges past.

"blah blah blah."

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

She wonders how difficult it is for him to attack her without the intent to kill, for her is a predator, and she is prey. A mental sneer: I am not prey. To be prey is to be weak, and the shadow-mare is anything but. She is the Dark Empress, the Lady of the Basin, the ruler of the unicorns. She will prevail - no, she must. To give in here, now, is to admit defeat, to admit that she does not deserve the right to rule. Mauja had known this to be true - he had lost in battle and, angry (though with whom, she could not say), had disappeared, pulled into a world that she could not follow, lost to her. Forever? It may be so.

But she was not the FrostHeart, and she would not lose this day.

His attack is expected, though he managed to feint to the opposite side of her bodice. A neat trick, she supposed, but it was all the easier for her to dodge, as her body was already twisted the right way. Hindquarters swing away from him in a quick-stepping half-circle, maw still pressed to nape, horn still aiming downward. She feels his breath, hot on her side, hears the crack! as his jaws snap shut (though she suspects he has tempered his blow for the foe he faces), sees him fall away. She aims a kick, not for his cranium, as she might have done an enemy, but for his shoulder. If he ends up bruised and battered, what concern is it to her? He asked her to battle, not the other way around. He may be one of hers, but he does not truly fit, does not truly belong. He and his undead army (if he gets them) are beneficial to her, but she would not miss his company.

Her back legs touch down, and she darts away, hoping to put some distance between them so that she might aim an attack better. Whirling, finally, she looks for him, sees him, charges again with her horn lowered. Close or far, her attack remains the same: her horn becomes a spear, aimed for his side, intending to create a light slash from shoulder to haunch. This time, as she pulls away, she kicks up and out, again aiming for a shoulder. And again, touching down, she sprints away.

[W/C | 398]
[OOC | Attack 2/2 | Defense 0/1
Psyche swings her hind end around, avoiding Lupus' attack. She kicks out, aiming for his shoulder, then tries to put some distance between them before whirling and aiming a similar attack at his side with her horn, aiming to scratch him from shoulder to haunch. One last kick is sent toward him as she moves away once more.]

""

Image Credit

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

It had been a while since I had been sparring with a fully grown mare,or stallion for that matter. No,it isn't because I was scared of fighting them but I know,on my own,I can't take a full grown horse on my one. I suppose you could call me wise in knowing this. At least wiser then other lone wolfs. But that's why i'm here isn't it? Fighting to get my three 'bad boys' only to be able to fight more. Then I could bring down the bitches from the Throat. And more.

My turn had been quick,and so had hers. My attacks has failed and hers had only just begun. Onyx hoofs strike out. Quickly I scamper back,regaining my position as she darted away,turning again for another charge. I stand,my pose ready to spring or dart to the side at any moment as she twists round,snarls escaping my jaw constantly. This time I start to jog towards the mare though her horn was aimed right for me. As I approach her I leap a pace before her horn can get me,my legs powerful legs giving me a good push of to leap onto her back. Razor claws extended to grip on to her my jaw yet again wide open to grab her flesh. A swift kicking is let out from her. Perfect. She is only bringing herself closer to my grasp.

In the moment I can almost see the one of the undead wolfs,why one? Then I know; because they to are trying to get there grip on the creature. To bring the creature down,to kill it perhaps. A sly grin comes onto my face whilst I am coming down to hopefully landing on Psyche's back. The vision faces. Bringing me back to reality. Now with more determination then ever.

WC:320

Summary:When she charges towards him he jogs up to her then leap before her horn can get him. He leaps aiming to grasp onto her back. (wolfs can jump 8 feet Psyche stands at 5 feet 3 inch.)

"blah blah blah."

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

The snarls ripping from his throat did not scare her; if anything, they spurred her to action. She knew the sound all too well, having been in a similar form herself, once. She wished that she could change here, now... but it had been agreed upon that she would refrain from the use of magic, and so here she was, trapped in prey's body, jealously listening to the snap of his jaws, wishing that she could return the favor in kind. Still, distraction from the battle would only weaken her defenses, and she was not weak. I am not, she told herself firmly, memories of perceived follies appearing uninvited in her mind's eye. I am strong.

She finds herself well-matched in this particular spar, as neither her attack nor his lands. She supposed she could have expected a stalemate, really, for if she was stupid enough to succumb to her lessers, then she was really not fit to rule at all. He did manage to surprise her, though: as she galloped toward him, he jogged toward her, timing a leap to clear her horn, aiming for her back. Already kicking, she was in no position to avoid him without sprawling rather ineffectually in the dirt, and she felt his claws pierce her hide, hot breath on her skin. She landed her hind legs, tucked her head, and again bucked, this time twisting her bodice as she cavorted around the battleground. There was really no good way to get out of this hold, unless he were to slip, and so that became her goal.

Get off my back, you bastard, she thought angrily, furious with herself for allowing it to happen. Or you will answer to the Basin when I'm through with you.

[W/C | 292]
[OOC | Attack 2/2 | Defense 1/1
Psyche's kick brings her haunches into Lupus' grasp, but before he manages to sink his teeth into her, she begins bucking and jumping and otherwise moving to attempt to dislodge him.]

""

Image Credit

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official

P s y c h e | L u p u s
- - - - -
By my verdict PSYCHE is the winner.

PSYCHE -- post 1 (attack only)

[Realism]
+ 1| Attack: horn charge

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion
+ 1| Flow
+ 1| Easy read

LUPUS -- post 1

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: avoids the horn
- 1| Attack: claws to side – if she is charging past you would not have had the time to dodge and spring an attack before she left the targeted zone. If you had described as chasing after her to attack, it would have worked. Furthermore, wolves are not cats, so their claws are always out and are not as good at gripping. A wolf is much more likely to bite rather than use its paws like this to bring down prey. And furthermore, you lack description when explaining this attack, giving no indication of what area you’re actually aiming for. This applies to the below attack as well.
- 1| Attack: bites at side

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion
+ 1| Flow
+ 1| Easy read

PSYCHE -- post 2

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: avoids his claws
+ 1| Defense: avoids his bite
+ 1| Attack: kick to shoulder
+ 1| Attack: horn charge
+ 1| Attack: kick

[Prose]
+ 1| Emotion
+ 1| Flow
+ 1| Easy read

LUPUS -- post 2

[Realism]
- 1| Defense: avoid the kick – you could not have fully avoided this, your momentum being used for your attacks
0| Defense: avoid the horn by jumping on her back – a clever idea, but perhaps not the safest as she could easily just lift her head and spear him as he’s jumping up
0| Defense: avoid the kick – given that he would be on her back, a kick is likely to upset his balance and have him tumble off, but he would not be kicked probably. Wolves do not have the same claws as cats so wouldn’t be able to grip of hold on as well – wolf claws are more blunt, like a dogs, nothing like razors.
+ 1| Attack: jumps on her back

[Prose]
+ 2| Emotion
+ 1| Flow
+ 1| Easy read

PSYCHE -- post 3 (defense only)

[Realism]
+ 1| Defense: he lands on her
- 1| Attack: bucking – you can only defend in this post. Bucking could possibly injure and attack him. Your best bet in this scenario, which is a peculiar one, would just have been to gallop off really fast to unbalance him (any injury he sustains in that case is a fault of his own and less likely than an injury from a buck), or to have had her hold still and end the spar with talking/demanding he get off.

PSYCHE

[Bonus]
None.

[Injuries]
None.

[Creativity]
None.

Comments: You did an excellent job, definitely showing you have a good grasp of how fighting works. You should work on improving your emotion in the future, and really upping your score by remembering to include surroundings and breed differences and affects.

LUPUS

[Bonus]
- 1| Dodging all her attacks completely

[Injuries]
None.

[Creativity]
+ 1| Jumping on her back, a unique attack I’ve not yet seen.

Comments: I can see you steadily improving, but again a huge issue for you is avoiding all attacks. And not even that you dodge them all, but none of them touch you in the slightest, at least take a glancing blow. You did much better with your prose this time, and I really felt more emotion from you in how much Lupus wants his zombie wolves, I love it! Remember again to think of scenery and breed, as those could have really helped you in this fight and been easy to include considering the huge differences between a wolf and a horse fighting. Overall keep at it though!

TOTAL
PSYCHE - 62
LUPUS - 56

Image Credit: dirkjankraan @ Flickr