the Rift

What A Wonderful Place (Open)

Balios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Balios trotted through the unknown lands. His black hooves striking the ground making a thud that seemed to shake the earth. His gold eyes scanning the forest lighten with the sun’s rays. The tall brute stopped a moment to take a mouth full of grass. The unicorn’s gray dappled body glistened. He then picked up his head and walked on. His black mane and tail attracted the sun’s rays giving him a warm feeling.

The forest was beautiful. It was green and seemed full of life. His golden eyes twinkled with wonder of what this new land would bring. A little wind blew throughout the air and his pure black mane and tail seemed to flow with it. A sweet smell of spring flooded his nostrils making a smile cross his face. His yellow horn glimmered in the light as he pick his speed up to a trot. His graceful totting made him appear as his he was floating throughout the land. His silvery coat almost seemed to reflect the sun, sparkling like water. His pure black hooves looked tinted with brown from the thin layer of dirt from the ground.

The gentle sound of chirping birds flooded his ears with lovely music. This new land seemed so peaceful, so full of life. He again slowed his pace down to a brisk walk. He could not wait to find out what adaventers this new place would bring to him. He wanted to find a herd and wanted to find some friends. Friends that he could trust and would do anything for.

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Sun glistens down on his aureate back, likened colors meeting like close friends. Cocoa brown pillars turning lighter as large frame was warmed by the heat of Birdsong. It was a day meant for beauty, birds singing their hearts out in joy, celebrating the disappearance of Birdsong and the approach of hotter seasons that suited their small bodies. They flitted and drifted down to him at times, inspecting his massive wings as if confused. Kaj flexed them, a bit unhappy with how cramped he felt. His wings were not necessarily small, and walking with them curled up so close to avoid bumping and scraping them on trees was not comfortable once his limit was reached. Muscles throbbed softly, not quite painful but enough to remind him that he belonged in the skies. Sigh of relief and anticipation passed his lips as a clearing appeared, the tips of the trees more than wide enough to accept his draft lines and wingspan. Gait quickened and warm drafts filled the space beneath his feathers, lifting him encouragingly to the skies. Elation filled his visage as he touched freedom, spiraling higher and higher with strong downbeats that made up for the lack of upward current.

Breaking free of the tree tops he leveled out, moving with ease in a place many without wings found amazing and scary in equal measure. Higher he climbed, sky blue eyes meeting their namesake as he scanned the forest floor. He may be a Protector of the Edge, and therefore a soldier, but Kaj loved his herd and knew they needed numbers as much as possible now that Mirage had returned. Hooves skimmed the leaves below him, and he pushed his wings down hard until the tips nearly touched the crowns of the trees to lift him once more. Searching soon produced fruit, for he discovered the presence of a grey unicorn beneath him. Unable to see well enough from his vantage point he called below to announce his presence as he began to descend. Slow circles bringing him back down carefully between the trees, unwilling to break a wing or even injure one. Those weren't fun. Soon large body touched down with a soft thud and he smiled briefly at the other stallion. "Hello. Welcome to Helovia. I am Kaj, Protector of the Edge." A bit uncomfortable saying so much all at once, but the aureate stallion had to if he wanted to be polite. No scents were directly noticeable on his coat, and Kaj was willing to advise him on the homes available to him. Pleasant face, always stuck halfway in daydreaming phase, greeted the unicorn as he awaited a reply.

Unregistered
Balios continued to walk through the dense forest. The black slits of his golden eyes scanned the land looking for a friend or a foe. His ears shifted forward as a call hit him. He looked around unable to see another horse. Then he looked up. A light gold figure came swooping from the skys and landed in front of him. His wings looked like pure bronze in the sun’s light and his eyes seemed to match the gentle blue sky’s color. Stockings of brown were painted upon his legs. His mane and tall were a pretty shade of faded gold. He looked different from all the other pegsi he had ever seen. Balios had always seen dark shaded ones. Some he had seen ones that had light wings and a light mane and tail, but never one with a golden body. He looked curiously at him.

The words that the Pegasus spoke were welcoming and polite. ‘Helovia? So that’s where I am.’ Balios thought. He had heard stories about Helovia in his old herd and dreamed to go there, but now he was. A smile crossed his face. He then said to Kaj, “Hello Kaj. I am Balios, protector of myself.” He softly chuckled. The dappled brute liked this horses attitude. He seemed to be kind. Balios scanned him again with his golden eyes. He still seem so much different. His golden horn made him appear a little taller than the faint yellow pelted Pegasus. Balios waited with a soft smile for Kaj to reply.

((OCC: Sorry it is so short. I did not know what to write… Lol!))

Curios gaze alights on him once copper hooves have finally touched down on earth. Kaj is used to the confusion newcomers show whenever he is flying, for many of them have not even seen a pegasus before. Even so, the brute doesn't look merely at his wings. It almost seems as if he is staring at Kaj in a whole, though the golden stallion is oblivious to what could possibly be so interesting about himself to garner such attention from the other male. It ends quickly enough once his deep voice reverberates through the woods, and the newcomer seems more interested in the information Kaj could offer than in observing him. In this time, Kaj does some observing of his own. Dark sooty color is smudged along his bodice, decorated only by lighter spots that compliment the darkness with a highlight that shines under the light of the sun. He is older than Kaj, he realizes, though this does not deter him in the least recruiting wise. Cat like eyes met his own light cerulean, and Kaj momentarily gazes at the bright sunny horn upon his crown.

Kaj chuckled softly along with him at the slight joke, knowing it was not meant to offend him. Quickly he records the scent, name, and image of Balios. With how his mind worked, wandering from topic to topic, he had to impart as much knowledge of Balios into himself before they drifted again. "Nice to meet you, Balios. May I inquire as to how you are doing? And what it is you seek in these lands?" Rumbling voice taking on a tone of curiosity. Did he wish to find a home? A family? If so, Kaj would gladly send him onward to one of the herdlands. Even better, if he could, Kaj would lead him to the World's Edge. It was always a joy to receive new members, after all. Though to the stallion they were not members. The moment they were accepted into his herd, they were brothers and always would be.

Unregistered
Balios looked slightly beyond Kaj to gaze at the beautiful forest. It’s bright green colors caught his attention and seemed to trap his eyes on them. Thoughts about what might happen in this new land, in this new life, flooded his mind. His golden orbs scanned the land one more time before turning his attention back to Kaj. He was still so confused about his colorings. How come he had never seen a Pegasus like him before? The brute could that this golden coated stallion was way different than he had known Pegasus to be like. Mean, harsh, cold-blooded. That is what he thought they were all like. He had not met many, but most of them seemed to have a pure black heart. But not this one. He seemed friendly and kind. Balios knew he did not really know him, and could have the totally wrong picture of him, but still he seemed nice.

"Nice to meet you, Balios. May I inquire as to how you are doing? And what it is you seek in these lands?" The words rang in the unicorns ears. How was he? Why did he come here? To be honest, the stallion did not know why he came here, or even how he was. He had had mixed emotions ever since he had seemed to wander upon Helovia. “I am pretty well. Just a bit confused.” He disided to answer. “Honestly, I did not know what or where I was before you told me that I was in Helovia. I guess I have come here for a new life. To make some friends or to find a herd.” The dapple pelted glanced at the sky. Blue with white puffs of clouds seemed to go on and on forever and never change. Balios, again, tunred his full attention to Kaj and waited for his reply.

Balios seemed to study him for a few moments longer, but Kaj didn't mind at all. He was hard to irritate, and why would he be upset over something so simple? Balios had the right to know who could possibly be recruiting him into different herds after all, for surely the stallion knew by now that this was the place where souls traveled to find homes or decide that they wished to strike out into the wild lands, unprotected by the gods that were patrons to the herds. Though like Tor, whom had led him to his home, many were wanderers at heart and simply could not help it. Therefore Kaj had long decided that he could not and would not judge them for following their hearts, for it was the only compass that always pointed north.

The brute took a few moments to mull over his words, which Kaj allowed him. He disliked pushy people, and wouldn't become one of them. There was more than enough time in the world, after all. Soft chuckle rumbles out of his chest, understanding what Balios was feeling. "It's natural to be confused, especially if you're new here." Smiling good-naturedly when Balios admitted to having not known where he was until Kaj had told him. "That's a good goal, Balios. There are plenty of herds that would accept you. The Basin, to the North, is for unicorns. To the South is the Throat, a more militant herd. To the South East are the Windtossed Foothills. My home is the World's Edge, to the South West. All but the Basin are accepting of all races, that I am aware of. I can lead you to whichever you choose." Letting Balios make the decisions, as he knew that some herds simply did not fit you.

Unregistered
Balios’s thoughts wondered freely. What might happen in this new land? Will he get expected or would he be an outcast? He tried to clear the thoughts out of his mind for they were making him just a bit nervous. His golden cat-like eyes kept observing the forest that looked as if it did not have an end. The grey dappled stallion wondered about what kind of equines lived in this area. Were they all as welcoming as Kaj? Were they evil with stone hearts? The brute sighed and hoped that they were accepting.

Balios paid close attention to Kaj while he talked. "That's a good goal, Balios. There are plenty of herds that would accept you. The Basin, to the North, is for unicorns. To the South is the Throat, a more militant herd. To the South East are the Windtossed Foothills. My home is the World's Edge, to the South West. All but the Basin are accepting of all races, that I am aware of. I can lead you to whichever you choose." He did not know which herd he would choose, but he just had to stick with his gut. Which herd? The Basin? Kaj had told him it was for unicorns only. He hated racist horses and would not really want to be a part of them. What about the Throat? It sounded like a tough herd. How about the Windtossed Foothills? This herd sounded pleasant. The World’s Edge? Kaj had said it was his home. He thought this one also sounded wonderful. Which herd? He kept wondering. He finally spoke, “Would you lead me to the World’s Edge? It sounds like a lovely herd.” A smile came to his maw. He hoped he had made the right chose by asking Kaj to bring him to the World’s Edge.

It was obvious that Balios had a hundred thoughts on his mind, but it was expected. He was in a completely unknown land, unsure of herds, alliances, histories. Lost both geographically and emotionally, quite possibly. Kaj, at the moment, was the only thread that gave him information and something to hold onto and hope for. It was a nice feeling, which was why Kaj visited the Threshold quite often. He was good at guiding others, helping them onto their feet and making sure they made it to a herdland safe and supplied with enough information to keep them going without Kaj's help. It was an exotic feeling that he liked, enjoyed it thoroughly. Even in cases such as this, with Balios being older than him, Kaj still had the position of help and leadership simply because he lived in Helovia. Kaj didn't want any newcomer to feel lost or helpless, prey to the darkness that roamed the wildlands and stalked those that were oblivious to their existence. So he brightened the Threshold with his golden presence, a guiding light for those lost and wandering. Perhaps on this fine morning, Kaj would lead Balios to a home he deserved, for he seemed to be a good soul with good intentions.

It was certainly a lot to take in, the information of all the herds, but Balios took it rather well after a time of contemplation. When he did speak, it was an answer Kaj was greatly excited for, and a smile stretched golden lips quickly. "I can definitely lead you to my home, Balios. Though I hope you do not think less of me when I say that the World's Edge is definitely a wonderful place to me. We will welcome you happily, Balios." Remembering how quickly they had welcomed Kaj into their ranks, making decent friends in Aaron and Ink within moments. Kaj turned towards his home with a smile, motioning with one large wing for Balios to follow him as he led the stallion towards a brighter future.

[[Want me to make a thread for you in the Edge? C:]]