the Rift

a profuse friend, earth god

Insanity Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 50f755c1acbd5]

I n s a n i t y

Small rocks tumble from underneath Insanity's black hooves as she neared the shrines of the Gods. Each one sticking out from the landscape surrounding her, calling her name gently, encouragingly. 'Now which one shall I choose?' the black mare thinks, standing motionless in front of the shrines, but her mind is already made up.

Insanity turned to the shrine of the Earth God, drawing in a deep breath and closing her eyes. The thought of potentially getting a friend for herself was an amazingly enchanting thought, but the God could always refuse her. He could turn away, without ever thinking of the scrawny mustang that came to his shrine one BirdSong morning.

She flickered her eyes open, tossing her black mane so it fell evenly on the left side of her nape. If the earthly being did choose to present himself to her, she wanted to look nice for him, at least. If you make a good impression on people, then the battle is half won in your favor. She knew the Gods were - well, Gods, and knew much more than the mortals. Yet they still have feelings, right? They still have the power to be enchanted...

"Earth God," Insanity spoke, dipping her head in respect at the shrine, "hear my plea." Her words were few, but heavily laced with respect. She didn't know whether or not her request would be answered by the heavenly being of whom she had dared to approach, but at least she knew she had tried.

[OOC: Insanity would like to quest for a silver fox companion.]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

The sound of a boulder splitting precedes the arrival of the Earth God. Before the mare stands the great shrine of the deity, and now it splinters and cracks; the sound is immense, like thunder crackling across the land. From the fissures water begins to spout, increasing in volume and pressure so that more of the shrine is shoved away. Laughter echos behind the veil of the shrine as the god descends from the heavens, arriving with a great crash and a splash as he rams through his shrine. It crumbles about him in ruins, scattering into the water that has flooded the veins with a gentle pattering.

The massive chocolate frame of the god looms before the gray mare. His hide is dark where water has touched it and he shakes it eagerly to be rid of the spare droplets. Once he's settled himself, wings folded loosely to his sides and green eyes turning to this latest comer, it would be noticed that the shrine just destroyed moments before is fully intact.

"I do not need to hear, I know" he responded with a deep rumbled. His voice seemed to come not from his chest but the heart of the ground itself, sounding just as old and monumental. A silver fox? It matches you well... his eyes gleam with kindhearted humor as he regards the mare and her request. He lets his voice fall silent for a moment, considering how best to proceed. She needs to prove herself capable of the companion he would provide, as he would not risk the life of another in the hooves of one incapable.

"Foxes are sly and crafty, I wonder if you are on the same caliber as they?" He grins a wolfish grin, suddenly just as sly as a fox himself. "Attempt 4 steals, each one different from the other, and eavesdrop on a conversation you should not be a part of. Return to tell me what you learned from that conversation, and to tell me the results of your thefts, successful or not." He'd hope she'd succeed in at least one however, but her diligence it what was most important.
CREDITS

Insanity Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 50f755c1acbd5]

I n s a n i t y

The thunder of the God's arrival almost spooks the mare as she flicks her ears back, looking up to see him arrive in a flood of water and laughter. She felt small, weak, compared to the God, but also soothed by his presence. She might be getting the friend she yearned for.

"I do not need to hear, I know," the word's echoed around in Insanity's head. The wisdom of this creature, the power, it was impressive. She had never really believed in the Gods of Helovia, there were none where she had come from, but now, her dwindling faith in the Gods was restored.

As Insanity listened to the Earth God's quest he had for her, she mused on the fact that she would become a fox to receive a fox. The pact made sense to her, at least. She prided herself with her sly, astute ways of tongue. This quest should be easy for her.

"I will return here with your demands completed, my lord," Insanity spoke, excitement lingering on every word she said. The mare looked up at the God, gratitude sparkling in her chocolate eyes as she turned to leave.

Insanity began to walk away, newfound energy encouraging her gait into a trot, then slowly grew into a steady canter. Rocks flew everywhere as the mare loped down the pathway from the Veins of the Gods, focused intently on getting back to the Foothills.

She only had one thing to worry about now: who should she steal first...