the Rift

Odds of being alone | Valentine, Open

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

NPC; ALFRED
is "special"

Narrator: Alfred was fishing.

"Who yew calling' Ahlfred? Ain't no buddy callz me Ahlfred, cept' momma bear an' she aint bin topside since they came roun' lookin fer oil. It's A-L-F-EEEE"

Narrator: -sigh- Alfie was fishing.

"e'Yup, sure wuz. ain't caught nuthin tho. You think that has anythang to-der with usin bubblegum as bait?"

Narrator: …I'm sure the fish just had an early lunch.

"ohya. prolly right."

Narrator: Try not to be too hard on poor Alfred, ("A-L-F-EEEEE"); the sun was so hot that it melted all of the ice caps up North, and probably quite a few of Alfie's brain cells as well. Still, he is a diligent polar bear, and does mean well.

Today, the bit of ice that he has lived on for the past 6 months, has come unusually close to the Helovian shores. Likely, this has something to do with the amount of surfacing that Walter, the Kraken, has been doing, but it's hard to tell. Today, Alfie is fishing, one of his favourite pass times.

"Ayayyy. Whuz that over there a wayz?"

Narrator: The Unicorn?

"a'int no such thang as un-eee-cornz. Even i knowz that."

Narrator: Well, why don't you ask him yourself?

"Well maybe I just will? Hey, you think he haz any bait?"

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo
[Image: 50c363de13e47]

Valentine

A stallion with a heart on his side could be seen on a beach. It was interesting for to be there. He now lived in a hot desert area, and he was tired of it already. Being a winter stallion, it was hard for him to inherit the fur to become used to the warmer temperature. He decided a good place to him to be to learn to get used to the heat was the beach. It was spring, and what better way to spend a nice, sunny day then near the water? It was strange, but he enjoyed the heat and lack of unicorns around him. It was peaceful, and it was better for him to be this way. He could feel himself coming back to normal, but know he knew the dangers that some held within their breasts. He wouldn’t be tricked so easily this time, for it would be shame on him. He carried ice in his mouth. The Cyanice had stayed fresh in the Frostbreath Steppe, but he would stay frozen anyways. The ice that never melted froze his own gums, and he had to stop every once in a while to unfreeze his jaw. It tasted sweet for some reason; often touching his tongue while his teeth held is tightly. He moved swiftly across the beach, almost in a march. He looked over the ocean, seeing it crystal clear and blue. Wait….what the hell? Is that a polar bear? It’s spring, and it’s floating on ice….how is that even physically possibly? He moved with little stride to the direction of the white psycho bear. More intrigued then he was alert of danger, he placed the ice on rocks a small distance from where he stood to see the bear. He was…very different looking than what the grey had seen, but nonetheless, still strange. The newly named Pupil wasn’t named that without reason, he his curiosity got the best of him.
“Excuse me, strange floating white creature of winter...what the hell are you doing?”

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

Follow the trail of blood…
You'll find me at the end.

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

User-based Random Event

NPC; ALFRED
is "special"

Narrator: As Valentine walked closer -

"Now yew jus' hold up. Didju just say his name is Valentine? Wut kind of name is Vaaaaaalentine?"

Narrator: -sigh- I'm really not sure. You can ask him that too, if you like.

"uhyuh. Why's he sayin' I'm a 'strange white creature' of winter?"

Narrator: Because you're a polar bear, Alfie. In his mind, polar bears traditionally live in places where it's cold, and full of snow. His mind associates that state as 'winter', even though your summers would be just as cold.

"Ohya...makes sense. AY. Ay, Vaaaaaalentine. My summerz' winter, ya idjit."

Narrator: That...is not what I meant. Aren't you going to answer his question?

"Clearly I'm fishin, ain't I? Gotz me a pole and sum bubblegum. "

Narrator: Frowning, Alfie looked over the side of his chunk of ice, and was dismayed to see that their weren't any fish in the clear waters -

"Wutz 'dis-maid'?

Narrator: It's similar to dissapointed.

"Ohya. Cuz there ain't no fishes?"

Narrator: Aren't

"Are-unt wut?"

Narrator: Nevermind. Weren't you going to ask Valentine about bait?

"OHyuh. Ayayyy, Vaaaaalentine. Yew got any bait?"

[OOC: I'm not sure whether Val can hear the narrator or not. Or whether he just hears Alfie talking to himself, or whether he only hears the things directed at him. It's your call. :P ]

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

The light grey stallion was very, very confused. He could hear the polar bear, and another voice. He looked around, clearly not seeing anyone else. Is he mad, crazy, or some deranged animal? He stopped, thinking it over. He clearly was, for he had another voice he could hear and was answering to...but he could it too. Did that make him deranged as well? He looked at the animal again, more perplexed than ever.
“Uh huh…I’m sure they are. Moving on, if your trying to fish, I think your not doing it right. It’s my observation and belief that the fish are in deep water, over that ways.” He pointed with his horn into the deeper part of the ocean. “Also, you make fun of my name? Pray tell, what kind of name is Alfie?” He looked at the fishing polar bear, and shook his head. This day is getting stranger and stranger. I wonder, did I run into a plant that is making me see things? Is the Nightshade trying to poison me? He felt dizzy all of a sudden, but it was all in his head. He looked back at the strange white bear, and turned his head. “Tell me, how do you plan to fish without the right kind of bait? And no, I’m afraid a unicorn doesn’t carry any on him unprepared. What kind of bait are you looking for?” He started to walk towards the polar bear, dipping his hooves in the cool crystal clear water. He stopped when the water reached his knees, and stared at Alfie. It all felt like a dream to him, and it was so… weird. “Maybe we can help each other. I’m looking for a piece of leather to tie that crystal over there to my neck. In exchange, maybe I can find you some usable bait. Deal?”

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

User-based Random Event

NPC; ALFRED
is "special"

Narrator: Skeptically, Alfie looked into the direction that Valentine was pointing.

"Yew ain't got to say that, I know which wayz I's lookin. 'sides, how would d'jew even know 'bout fishin, Vaaaaaaalentine? Most yew culd do is poke-poke-poke the fishes with ur horn. yuck yuck yuck.
Ay - is he religus or somethin'? Cuz...I ain't never prayed before..."

Narrator: No, no. 'Pray Tell' is just an expression. He wasn't referring to the verb, to pray

"Uhyuh. Then why'd he say it?'

Narrator: It's just a figure of speech.

"Fig-err of wutnow? Datz stoopid. Ayy, ayy Vaaalentine. Keep yer advice and fig-eres to yourself!

Narrator: You should listen to him Alfie - he's offering to help you.

"Uhyuh. I heard 'im. Why didn' he jus ax if I had any leather? Cuz I do. Why do he wunt to trade?"

Narrator: Because the inhabitants of Helovia typically must barter with one another to achieve mutual benefit.

"wutnow?"

Narrator: If he doesn't do something for you in return for the leather, he believes you'll just turn him down.

"Down where?"

Narrator: What? No; he thinks you'll say no.

"Vaaaalentine, ain't yew know nuthin' bout, nuthin'?! Why didn' d'jew just ax me fer the leather?"

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine

The polar bear spoke again, and he seemed like he had miss understood him. The voice helped shed light on the situation. He still thought it was all so very strange, but he dismissed it; now was not the time for thought. The polar bear had offered him the leather, and that was all he needed. He moved around, moving himself into the water, trying not to disturb the water too much so that the polar bear wouldn’t drift further into open water.
“That is awfully kind of you just to offer me the leather. I would like it indeed, but I would like to help you too. I’m wondering if there is a way I can help you too, so that you can get food. We all need to survive, right?”He smiled, letting the polar bear know he cared. Though maybe it was a dream and all for naught, he would still do the right thing. He looked around, wondering what he would do for the polar bear. He got an idea.
“I know what you can do for bait!” He lunged, pushing himself further in the water. He moved towards the iceberg, carefully though, so as to not push it further out than he can swim. The water is cold, which is interesting to the grey, but he knew it should be. Using his long red horn, he carved some of the iceberg off. It fell into the water and started to melt, and it quickly threw it up on the iceberg next to the polar bear. He moved from the water, moving towards the Cyanice, and clipped tiny pieces off. He moved again back to the polar bear, and touched the Cyanice with the shaved ice from the berg. They merged, and became more Cyanice. “There, you can use that as bait. Can I have the leather now, please?”

"talk talk talk"
"think think think"

User-based Random Event

NPC; ALFRED
is "special"

Narrator: As Valentine re-assured [(mumbles) No yer an ass-erd. ]
Alfie that he could aid him with bait -

Can 'e even swim doya think?

Narrator: I'm actually not too sure. Though I don't suppose he would have dove under the water, if he couldn't.

Ohright. So wut d'you think he's gunna do?

Narrator: Well if you look, he appears to be scraping apart your iceberg...With a look of dismay, Alfie grabbed his fishing pole, and began to slap the surface of the water with it, aiming to hit Valentine on the head.

Yer damn tootin'! Wutz he thinkin? Aint he know this hunk 'o ice's alls I got? Wutz he breakin 'er up for? *splash splash splash* Common up here Vaaaaalentine. Yous got sum s'plainin' terdo. Ay, ayyy. Aint you said that he gotz to do sumthin fer me, so I don' say no? Cuz, if this is wut he's gonna do, he don't need to. Ayy, Vaaaaaalentine. Just take the leather, you stoopid git, and leave the iceberg alone!

Hidden Account
teeroo
OCC: Valentine is just going to take the leather, thank you! <3