the Rift

Kick up your heels [Open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

It seemed like she had stumbled upon one of the prettiest areas in Helovia.

She had noticed the swathe of green nestled in the mountains on one of her higher-altitude flights, where droplets of water from the lower-hanging clouds condensed on her mane. Curiously, she had flown down, wondering what sort of meadow could be found all the way up here.

A perfect one, apparently.

The sun warmed her back as she landed, hooves muffled in the thick green grass. She folded her wings, crossing them over her back as she looked around. There were signs of horses being here before her, which wasn't a surprise, but finding somewhere new had always been a source of fun to her. And this meadow was beautiful. It reminded her of Thistle Meadow back on the ground, but richer and greener. Just my sort of place, she thought happily, sampling a patch of clover. As she chewed, she wondered what other horses visited this meadow. It was pretty close to the Foothills, but that herdland was easy to circumvent even if you didn't have wings.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

Frost Fyre
You Can Never be Too Young

I was wandering even father from home. Why I was always avoiding my home, I didn't know. Instead I tried to concentrate on galloping along in the Fields. I was still getting used to mother not being there beside me, and I felt lonely now that she had let me become independent. A companion would be nice to have, but for now I would explore Helovia. Try and find more horses to become friends with. With a loud whinny I charge forward, letting my lanky legs take me onwards.

I stop paying attention to where I'm going for just a moment. And then BAM! I almost hit a blue roan mare. My heart fills with joy as I mistake the mare for some one else. Mother! Wait, no. Mother doesn't have wings. And this mare has no white markings on her rump! I sigh, clearly excited over nothing. I keep my emerald orbs glued to the blue roan mare, wondering what she was doing here in the Field. I walk around to her front, seeing that she was eating grass. She was enjoying herself, unaware of my presence.

The corners of my kissers curl upward into a smile. "Hello there ma'am! Sorry I almost ran into you!" I grin, one of my ears tilted back in regret. The small crystal bump on my head is hit by the sun, causing a small beam of light to shine down on the earth. I stare at the winged mare for a bit, waiting for her to acknowledge my presence or speak to me.

[[Kinda bad post. Sorry. ;_;]]

"Chatting with others."
Thinking up her moves
Putting her moves to work

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel

Aryel, her normal watchfulness dulled by the sweet grass and peace of the meadow, only noticed the filly when she spoke. Her head went up in surprise as she shied a few steps away to face this newcomer. She should've at least been listening for others.

While she had tensed up slightly as she heard the girl speak, her posture relaxed as soon as she saw it was just a youngster. A little unicorn filly, roan like her but brown instead of blue, and with white on her rump. She was obviously rather young, as her horn was still little more than a nub. Aryel gave an easy smile as she apologized for nearly running over her. "It's all right, kid." she assured her, then looked out over the meadow. "This is the kind of place you'd wanna run around in."

She rested her left hind hoof, leaning on her right side for support. "So what brings you up here?" She hadn't expected a foal to try and climb the trail that lead up here, but it wasn't exactly a difficult climb, just a long one. Just then, the wind that had lay dormant since she got up to the meadow gusted, blowing an unwelcome smell. She stiffened slightly, recognizing the pine-and-snow scent.

This was a Basin filly.

By all rights, she should chase her off. She had met Basin horses before, and it nearly always ended in a fight. But this was a freaking kid. How much damage could she do? And she seemed to be polite, surprisingly so for one raised by the frozen ones. She would reserve judgement for now.

"blah blah blah."

Ayaka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ayaka padded happily through the gorgeous meadow. Her fiery orbs cautiously observed the land with clouds that seemed to have come down from the sky and gently touch the green grass. Her red hued pelt shimmered a rusty golden color in the sun’s rays. The neon green grass licked the bottom of her delicate paws with each step. She lifted her sly snout in the air, catching all the wonderful scents of the meadow. She also smelt something else. It seemed like two horses. One a filly and the other a mare. A smile came to her face. She wanted to make new friends ever since she had come into the beautiful lands of Helovia. She followed the scent trail to find the two horses.

A faint trace of two horses had led the fae to success. The frail she-wolf saw two figures in the distance. As her approached closer the lupa saw a blue roan pegasus mare and a bay roan unicorn filly. Her ears flicked up and her tail slightly wagged. A soft smile grew on the golden wolf’s face. She lowered her tail and bowed her head in respect to the two horses showing them that she was not a threat. Gentle words came from the fae’s white lined lips, “Hello. I am Ayaka. Who might you two be?” Her tail picked up a little bit of a faster wag and she sat down. Her orange eyes flickered in in wonder about the two horses. She pateintly waited for them to reply.

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

Frost Fyre
You Can Never be Too Young

I smile, glad that this mare wasn't hating on me for bumping into her. I tilt my small head, realizing she still seemed unsure of me. The wind blew in her direction, and she had probably caught the Basin scent. She seems to stiffen, glancing at me with her Does she think I'm one of those racist unicorns? Well, actually I kind of am but, I need to see how she acts before deciding what to really think of her.

"So what brings you up here?

I listen to the mare, and although she seems to distrust me I still speak kindly."I've been exploring the land and came upon this place. So I decided to gallop around for a bit." I flick my lion tail, my ears tilted sideways as I hear another approaching. I turn my head, spotting an animal that was truly terrifying.

A wolf. My emeralds were glued to the wolf, wondering what it was doing here. My body became paralyzed in fear. Was this thing going to eat me and this mare? I fear for my life for a moment until the wolf speaks.

"Hello. I am Ayaka. Who might you two be?”

I stood there, awestruck. Not only was this a wolf it could speak the same tongue as us horses! Once the canine was finished speaking she wagged her tail and sat down. I'm still staring, my eyes opened wide. Was I supposed to scream and run or happily reply to her? What ever. I decide to speak, opening my small maw and letting the words weave their way out. My tone was flat and dry. No sense of emotion. I wanted to see iff this wolf was kind enough to gain my trust."I'm Frost Fyre, you may call me Frost." I stare at the wolf, then turn to the other mare, wondering what thoughts were going through her head. Is she afraid of the wolf too or is she used to this?

I snort, pawing at the earth. My muscles were bunched and my ears back. It was more like my body's reaction to when the wolf arrived. It got ready for an attack, and I had to gently ease myself, trying to tell myself the wolf wasn't going to attack. If it did, I wouldn't stand a chance. But maybe that mare would defend me. Maybe. I get this thought out of my head at return my focus to the others, waiting for them to speak.

"Chatting with others."
Thinking up her moves
Putting her moves to work

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel

Aryel saw the wolf just as the filly did. With a snort of alarm, she unconsciously took a few steps forward so that she stood between the wolf and the girl, her herd instincts driving her into a somewhat protective state. Damn it, she thought. You never, ever, ever relax your guard! she chided herself. Even a lone wolf could do serious damage, especially to the filly. But to her surprise, instead of attacking, the wolf spoke. In the equine tongue, no less. She recalled the Basin-smelling white wolf she had met previously, who could also speak like a horse. But that wolf had been an unpleasant, arrogant sort of creature that deserved a kick in the face. This wolf, painted in warm shades of cinnamon and gold, seemed far friendlier, at least for a predator. Can they all speak here? she wondered, refolding her wings in a somewhat sheepish manner.

She gave a slight nod in response to the wolf's speech. "I'm Aryel of the Dragon's Throat." she said. One ear turned an inch as the filly spoke. Frost Fyre, that was her name. She diverted her attention back to the wolf, curiosity overcoming her initial fear. "Tell me, how did you learn our speech?" she asked Ayaka. It was a difficult thing to keep Aryel frightened for long. She had too much curiosity and foolhardiness to truly be cowed by anything.

"blah blah blah."

Ayaka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The fae named Ayaka observed the two horses. The older blue roan mare had a quite pretty pelt. It was like nothing she had ever seen. It looked like pure slivery blue steel glimmering in the sun. Her mane and tail were almost black and tinted with the same blueish silver that was on her body. Her wings were the same dark navy blue color as her mane and tail. She she continued to study the sight and scent of her, she noticed a lilac colored gen that hung from a shiny silver chain. It was gorgeous and she could not stop staring at its beauty.

When she finally broke her attention from the jewel, the lupa looked over to the bay roan filly. On her rump, a spot of white with speckles of brown were laid on top of the snowy spot. Her tail looked like it belonged to a lions and made the she-wolf quite confused. Why have I never seen a horse like this before? She wondered. She continued to look at the adorable filly. A crystal horn was set apon the filly’s cranium. She then looked at her eyes. They were amazing. She had never seen anything with green eyes that had flecks of the same purple color of the older mare’s amulet.

The voices from the equines’ voices broke her attention from the filly’s eyes. The fae smiled at them. “It is lovely to meet you, Frost and Aryel.” She then looked at Aryel, replying to her question, “I thought that ever wolf could understand horses.” Ayaka said with a sweet smile.