the Rift

Unenchanted

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F a e l e ne

So sacrifice yourself, and let me have what's left.

"What are you doing?" She whispered through tight teeth. A patch of sweat collected on the base of her neck, below her thick mane. If it was this hot already, she might be sorely tempted to figure out a way to roach her mane come Tallsun as often had been done in the past. Faint chill gripped her, and she swallowed back the wave of stale memories. All the while stretching her pillars further, lengthening her body to continue through the cut brown, unknown paths of the forest. The sun may have been hung above, she found there were dark enough places here.

Nothing. Nostrils ended their quivering, and she let out a deep snort, while shoving off onto another less traveled spot. You won't find anyone. The doubtful thought kept clinging to her, like an old friend seeing her fruitless actions, and trying to tell her better. Where was her real friend? Tolio, what a sigh it brought from her lips to think of him. She did not want to bother today, still afraid to make his life entwined with hers a more fabricated mess. No, he was better doing his own dealings. After all Faelene had a faint idea what she was doing, combing the globe for interest. Whether a prospect for the Basin, a new face, or something she had never seen she would take any.

Right now,she actually was not far from the Threshold, but could not bring herself to drag around therd, desperate for a single Unicorn. Yet, something pricked at her, knowing if she kept this single wandering the thoughts that echoed in her mind might seem less of her own. Or she might find herself searching for a spotted Pegasus. Faelene was a bit to proud to admit what was really brushing her heart. Lonely, would not be what she named the emotion, but finding someone wouldn't exactly break her heart or wreck her plans. She was after all searching for someone, only she couldn't say who.

Argh...there had to be some one in this god-forsaken land.

Red cords beat at her haunch, and she begins to work up a slope. She was hardly quiet in her efforts, her heavy hooves beating the ground in a quick piece of rough music. She saw some squirrels, perhaps even birds shoot curiously higher up the trees, wondering why she took so much effort to rise upon the small crest. When she made the final clip she took rest, as her breath was harsh, and she had wet lines across her black chest. Silver eyes taking it in, she began to wonder if she was lost. All of it looked quite the same, and the tightness of her lung's cage would seem to tighten.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

That day on the Steppe, Faelene had been burned into Phaedra's mind. Her scent, her deep watchful gaze, her muscular curves and gothic colouring. Had things happened differently that afternoon, Phae might have an entirely different view of the mare - she was powerful, and not un-attractive, not to a mare like Phae, anyways. She was sort-of drawn in by Faelene's rogue masculine appeal; her strength and resolve. Or would have been, had things gone down a different path for their trio. Phae and Tolio had more than patched up their differences, and had come together stronger than ever, emotionally and physically....but how would this meeting go?

Phae was a spy after all, in her forest, so it was not surprising that she was able to move more silently than most. She had picked up Faelene's scent and had instantly recognized it. Narrowing her eyes she had begun to pursue the mare immediately. What is she doing here? Phae wondered. She was sure that the mare knew that the Woods were the unofficial home of the Grey, and from having attended the meeting between the Grey and the Basin earlier this season, she knew Phaedra was a part of it. So why are you here Phae again thought. As she moved through the trees, the sooty mare mentally called to Stella, her companion; Stay close. Stella, for once, did not trill in reply, seemingly to understand the implications of her bonded's demands by the mental images she was picking up from her mind.

As Phae walked, tawny wings tucked neatly to her sides, she was surprised to find that she wasn't angry; at least not yet. Her heart and mind were still too blissfully warm from her night with Tolio. It was as if being together, in that way, had satisfied every longing, doused every flame of anguish and anger, and made her feel whole. She couldn't wait to go to him again - to tell him of the life stirring inside her belly. Did she have the glow of pregnancy, that other mares were said to have? Was her mane more lush? Did her eyes hold more sparkle? She wasn't certain - she was a naturally glowy creature to begin with, but she certainly felt different. As she neared Faelene's vicinity, she held onto the memories of Tolio, so that she would better hold onto her tongue with Faelene. "Lost or Lonely?" Phae quipped, uttering the first words that Faelene had ever spoken to her. Her words were level and without emotion. She would remain diplomatic in the forest of The Grey, as she had with Leander the day he paid them a visit. Is that why she is here? She wondered vaguely, finally pulling herself into the dark mare's view.

HP: 45.5

Hidden Account
Sica

F a e l e ne

There was a sound, a quiet rhythm out there, something lurking beneath her pulse, and falling breath. The red maned didn't move, she held her stance if unnoticed and unbothered, waiting for them to come to her. If she was right in her suspicion it was someone she had her own thoughts about. A reason she might have been here.

"I wasn't aware you stalked females," Came her loose lipped response, her hind leg shifting beneath her. She did not at all look to see her who the talking to her, she didn't need to. She was flatly ignoring the repeating question for effect, as what Phaedra had done to her in the first place. And yet Faelene was offering her more than Phaedra had when they had started this. The dark mare at the same time wasn't counting on much of an intelligent conversation. History was doomed to repeat itself. Maybe, the absence of Tolio would prove benefiting for logic. Faelene would love to give her the benefit ot the doubt. Then again, there was some things Faelene couldn't make herself believe either. She wasn't naive, and hopeful. She didn't have a powerful holding to good outcomes. She saw the shadows, and filth for what they were. Since Phaedra was a mare, she must harbor some ill emotions even more so after their brief encounter, and Faelene could guess those were only under cover waiting for the perfect time to be released. Would she find her moment of courage on her turf?

The gold dusted winged caught in her silver irises, Faelene was waiting for more bait. Was she thinking this was her chance? Faelene was more on her grounds, where the band she served called home. If trouble she could always call for help. Briefly, Fae played with the idea if the spotted would like to call for her friends just to see her leave, make a fuss. Faelene had no plans, nor severe want to hurt her. If one thing she wanted to understand her by dipping into the means of her past, however unlikely, and uncomfortable that would be. It was the best way to figure what made someone tick. Another angle, another whim she wouldn't bet on. It was extraordinary what anyone would blabber about without thinking. Tor, how easily she had told of names, and purposes. Phaedra was probably well equipped with decent, and treachery of her own. What a fun game.

A turn of an ear, Faelene let her eyes slip to her more delicate carved features. She rather talk to a superior, or find a single item of interest so she didn't wish her harm. That was only for the sake of her friend, and nothing more. She was afraid she would only find more lines to despise the creature, sealing some unknown fate. Could they come to an agreement? As if bored she drew out a long breath, and relaxed her leg while taking in the ancient trees with the most peculiar marks. This place she wondered what appealed to the Pegasus. Did she like this band for it's different structure, the freedom? The forest wasn't exactly open flying ground, would it prevent her from running away?

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

I wasn't aware you stalked females

Phae rolled her dazzling sea-green eyes, appearing to absently scan the canopy as she did so. Really she was looking for Stella. "Sugar, the things you don't know, could fill a book." She muttered with a silvery laugh, still looking into the trees. Her voice was light and yes, unmistakably flirtatious as was her nature. She had to keep her eyes glued to the leaves, lest the red-mare see the pulsating light in her eyes, and the deep crimson blush on her cheeks. It was the things Faelene didn't know which brought her such joy - her time spent with Tolio, his foal growing inside her…Phae bit the inside of her cheek to keep the smile from her face. She didn't want Faelene to know…as much as it would surely hurt the dark mare, or at least anger her, Phae would not bring it up with such intentions. No, the dark mare would only hear that secret from Phae's lips on this day, if she felt threatened. Confidently, she felt no fear around Faelene - not now, not ever again. The life in her belly, Phae believed, guaranteed her safety around the dark mare, if only for Tolio's sake.

From the trees, sensing Phae's mental calls, came a small bird; coloured with black thighs and legs, and snow-white wings. Her face was a brilliant orangey-yellow - a secretary bird. Trilling softly as she descended, she looked at Faelene with vacant and untrusting eyes, having looked into her bonded's mind, and felt the emotions that the sooty mare kept there. Turning her muzzle, Phae regarded the small creature for a moment, before turning her attention back to Faelene.

Her sooty features were serious now; her eyes calm and confident. She listened to Faelene's bored-sigh, and forced herself not to reply. If this mare had genuinely come into her forest, seeking the Grey, then she was forced to be accommodating. "I trust you understand that within this forest dwells The Grey, of which I know you know I am a member. Do you come here seeking us, Faelene?" She asked, politely and diplomatically. Surely this was a side of Phaedra Faelene wouldn't even have believed existed; most didn't. The sooty mare stood poised and polite, waiting to hear Faelene's response.

Hidden Account
Sica

F a e l e ne

An amused line tweaks her lip."Oh, bless your heart you still believe because it comes out of your pretty mouth it makes it the truth, " she clipped without missing a beat. The entertained curve of her lips reflect in her eyes. It had to be easy to push spotties buttons. Though Faelene would never figure why ladies in want of power would use sweet sounding pet names as if the lack of whore or bitch made it less obvious of their point and insult. It was a little eerie Psyche, Elizabeth, and now Phaedra seem to favor such things. What else did they have in common? Something about puppets seemed on the right lines.

While something else flocked among the green tops, Faelene did not let it draw her eyes. Knowing it was not a dragon kept her mind at ease. Soon enough it fluttered down to her bonded. A lightly colored bird with striking coloring, tied to the umber toned mare by the way of its judging look. First hand brainwashing, she couldn't help think. It was only a thought, and she did not offer it much more attention than the Pegasus. Maybe, it was enlightening to see her with a companion for sure Faelene had figured she couldn't share the spotlight, or was this the one soul who couldn't part with her? There was no pity for the creature, what was had to be. Faelene would try her best to see what Tolio saw. Heaven help me. She was blind compared to that red stallion or was it the other way around?

A flick of her nose, she stretched her front pillars, and stood more taller at the vixen's change in temperament. Were they still on the same planet? Faelene got right to business. "I do have matters I would like to talk to The Grey about if you think they'll see me I can wait here, as I prefer more of an audience in this request."

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

"Oh, you think my mouth is pretty? How sweet." Phae said, ignoring the venom that the dark mare's words were laced with. It was almost amusing to see Faelene still so bitter towards her; it was like watching someone try to win a game they had already lost. If Faelene had held her tongue that day in the Steppe - had left the words to fall between her and Tolio alone - they quite likely would never had met in the Grove; would never have had the ending that they did. In a way, their happiness was a direct result of Faelene's interfering. Idly, she wondered how the dark mare would feel knowing that she was the reason why she would bare Tolio's foal? Another time, perhaps Phae thought with amusement, as Faelene continued to speak, I do have matters I would like to talk to The Grey about if you think they'll see me I can wait here, as I prefer more of an audience in this request

With the same business-like rapport, Phaedra dipped her soft pink muzzle in acknowledgement. "An audience with all of us shall do you no good. Our orders come directly from our leaders, and from none other." She said, speaking clearly and without tone. "The Grey are open to hearing all requests and proposals, Faelene. If yours deals with Intelligence - information or healing - you should speak with Ophelia. If you require other services, it would be Ktulu." Patiently, she paused, looking at Faelene with…respect? Could it be that? "We often remain unseen in these woods. If you would tell me to whom you wish to palaver with, I will bring you to them."

Just as Phae finished outlining Faelene's options, the world began to spin. Clenching her teeth together, Phae tried to swallow the feeling of nausea which had suddenly lumped in her throat. She took a few steps to the side, bracing herself against a tree, to try and combat the sudden vertigo she felt. Her head dropped low, as she tried to lower her centre of gravity, so that she would not fall. A light sweat broke out across her deeply golden hide, and she began to breathe slightly faster. Morning sickness? Already? She wondered. Having never been pregnant before, she had no idea what the process was like. Startled, Stella leapt into the air, chattering with worry as she circled around Phae's leaning form.

Hidden Account
Sica

F a e l e ne

Venom? No Faelene did not need that dripping in her tone, or any malice she saved for the rest of the females to use. She only needed something cold and sharp, to the point. She could see it would not be seen. Bitter would not be what she used to describe her feelings. She wasn't resentful or jealous. Anger was what held her core by Phaedra's severe lack of judgement and execution. Rage like a little monster to be fed daily, tamed for the right moment by Phaedra's lack of any kind of manner, or dignity to be able to treat someone she called a friend like that. Dislike, loathe, contempt, yeah those summed up what Faelene felt in her presence. Bitter? As if she had lost something, and was the loser? A sad little girl, crying with a jut lip about how her toy was stolen? No. Faelene had lost nothing, and this wasn't a game who loved Tolio more or who had him. Or who was better. Tolio was alive,breathing, he didn't deserve pain or misery and Faelene didn't care if he hated her as long as he had his life he loved and wanted as he did not deserve anything less. This right now, however, was her life, and she was tired of the dramatics inserted just to fuck with her. That's all Phaedra was, an annoying blotch on the red stained parchment of her life she could not quite dot out, but didn't hold much concern over as it would all burn any way. (Faelene was sure she was going to hell after all. There was no heaven for black coated, and red locks likes of her.)
So but of coarse she would be seen as the dark serpent, with the forked tongue, hissing like her Lady Psyche would in those emerald eyes.... Just as well, Faelene thought, seeing another worthless cause, knowing at the end of the day nobody knew her.

"Don't act like you know me, and I'll do the same," she calmly replied, not wanting to continue this she had better things to do than this mindless ramble with a Pegasus. She rather deal with the Phaedra she didn't know, the one who was suppose to be good at what she did, and had purpose. She could see she would have to elaborate a bit more what she needed. Here goes.

"I know I don't need a healer, and I don't need anyone killed. The Throat has two of our members they have had imprisoned for almost all of Birdsong. We tried stealing them back in secret, talking to the Throat, working out a deal and nothing has worked. I know if we keep attempting anything a battle could ensue. So I want to know if The Grey, I don't care what part of it, could help in seeing they get their freedom. One of them has done no sort of crimes, and I do not fancy getting along with Kri nor General Azzuen at this point. Their reasons for doing this are for the prisoners we had, but have since let free. That's why I said an audience might be needed. I'm sure the group as a whole might have to work it out, and think it over. I do not want it attempted if success can not be had."

Something was wrong, or Phae was pretending though the sweat seemed like a bit much. Faelene took and off handed step closer, ignoring the bird, and letting her nostrils take in Phaedra's scent. She acted like the world was spinning, but it made no sense where it would have came from. Today there were no unearthly creatures about causing mischief were there? So help her if she was playing a cruel trick, it would be the last. "Phaedra, are you dehydrated or something?" She would ask, her silver rimmed orbs not taking off from her body, hoping funny enough the lady wouldn't fall on her pretty face.

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

Don't act like you know me, and I"ll do the same

Something about Faelene made Phae wish she was a fighter, for never in her life had she wished to harm someone physically as much as she wished to harm Faelene. All this fucking mare did was act like she knew about everything! The day on the Steppe, acting as though she knew Phae's intentions, and what was best for Tolio. And here now, the red-maned bitch was the only one making assumptions - about who Phae liked to stalk; other than that, Phae had simply provided politically correct answers to her query regarding the Grey.

Perhaps her sudden bought of fury was what caused her body to suddenly realize its discomfort regarding the life growing in her belly. The sooty mare cringed as Faelene took a tentative step closer. Please don't let something be wrong with the foal Phae pleaded silently, Not with Faelene here.. Staggering once again, Phae forced herself to take a deep breath, which she exhaled shakily. Was she dehydrated? Maybe...were pregnant mares supposed to drink more water...? What a mess. Craning her neck around, she inspected her heaving sides, half expecting to see blood pouring from between her thighs. But other than a light sheen covering her golden coat, she appeared to be fine. Self consciously, Phae covered her flanks with a tawny wing, hoping that Faelene wouldn't interpret the maternal gesture for what it was. Faelene didn't necessarily strike her as the maternal-type, however. "I'm not dehydrated. I'm...fine." She said finally, positive that as long as she didn't die on the red-mare, Faelene wouldn't care about her medical state.

As the world stopped spinning, Phae sighed, still leaning heavily against the tree. She clenched her teeth as Faelene's words sunk in - she should have waited to tell Kri the intel she knew! She could possibly have traded for their prisoners...Fuck. "Ktulu..." She said at last, her voice thoughtful and less out of breath. Ophelia had seemed...off, as of late. Even though stealing fell under Phi's division, technically, she could say that she needed Ktu's strategic council on how to proceed. Forcing herself to stand on her own, without the aid of the tree, she looked calmly at Faelene. "I can either update the Grey on the information you have provided and have Ktulu seek you out with a proposition, or I can bring you to her now. Which ever you please."

Amongst the fury she felt for Faelene, part of her desperately wished that things had gone much differently. If her foal turned out to be wingless, Tolio would surely keep it in the safety of the Basin, however racist that might be. As a high-ranking member, and a friend of Tolio's she could keep the foal safe. Suddenly, a look of horror and realization washed across her golden face. Turning her sea-green gaze to Faelene, her eyes widened with shock. If Tolio considered Faelene his sister that would mean...Aunt Faelene? Phae felt a new feeling, one that she was uncomfortable with, begin to take hold. The pegasus had always acted in her own best interested, but now she felt a new itch in her breast, begin to tug at her heart. The foal.. That itch seemed to sing, For the good of the foal..

"Faelene...I-" She began, breaking off almost immediately as she found herself unable to continue. The urge to tell Faelene that she was pregnant was almost overwhelming, though she couldn't say why. Something in her, told her that the red-mare needed to know. Surely she didn't know already...? Would she really be acting this cold to the mother of her would-be brother's foal? Then again, Phae wasn't exactly sure what sort of response she was expecting.

[OOC:I'm Assuming this would happen before the Faelene/Tolio thread since you haven't posted there yet. But if you want Tolio to be the one to tell her, she can just brush Phae off :P]

Hidden Account
Sica

F a e l e ne

ooc:I'm sorry I am slow Aud.<3 I think her telling Faelene will make this easier? xD She'll have more respect hearing it from her.

Faelene had assumed stuff. It was in her nature to be a cynic, and Phaedra hadn't exactly proved her wrong. Well and Faelene hadn't been dealing with a sane, logical, unemotional Pegasus. She had tried to act respectful, accordingly but saw no reason when she had been trying to rile Tolio and herself up with the whole Leander business. (Something that still made the cogs in her head want to start up in flames.) That was the first part of her untrust, and distaste. She couldn't exactly do a whole new first impression, and wounding Tolio only pushed those feelings of hate deeper. There was a lot of reasons why Faelene didn't care for mares either and Phaedra could sum those up. Likely the spotted would feel the same. If only to fuel that into something useful. Her words were only meant in warning, and gesture they could stop this, it didn't have to be that way.

There was no comfort found when Phae became that much closer to well...falling or something other. Was she freaking out again? Faelene had no idea, she wasn't screaming so that was a good sign? Silver eyes looked to her ribs of coarse she couldn't see the damned thing because of her wings. Was she hiding something? An injury? "Breathe in your nose and out your mouth..." She quietly whispered without thinking, though it didn't sound like an order it would might come off as one. The dark lady clamped her lips, still suspicious and not daring to venture closer. She was given a retort she didn't believe. Fine always had a double meaning. "You sure? You look like you might pass out, and I rather you didn't." This she tried to say more lightly, if it were a joke though it lacked warmth as her words often did. There was something in her silver tinted irises drawn upon the tawny figure that hung tight to the tree. You can't fool me. Yes, the words wanted to rest on the tip of her tongue, she minded them to stay where they were born. Faelene had to already be pushing her luck, and that little bit mattered. It was probably more for Aurelius' sake, or even Elizabeth's.

Mention of a name her ears cast forward from their bent state; Ktulu did not ring any bells, but it must be of importance. Patiently, she waited thinking Phae was recovering from her dizzy spell. Faelene was still unconvinced she didn't need a drink, or a healer herself. Thoughtfully, she pulled her head back, letting her eyes fall to the ground while she decided. "Why don't you go to her now, and see what she says. If she wants to see me fine, then you can bring her here," Faelene suggested. This Ktulu could hear it from Phaedra, have a private moment to think, and let her know if it would be possible or not. What on earth they would want for payment, she had some ideas. Right now Faelene had a sun amulet that hung at her chest, which lacked anything. When she got her magic she could put that in there. It could be of worth. Other ideas were information, some kind of exchange in task, or some other kind of craft. Hell, maybe d'art could tell her of plants or something they would want.

Eyes rose upward there was the weirdest look on Phaedra's face. If someone told her she was ugly, and she was horrified by the thought. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked politely with a raised brow, wishing she would stop. Faelene did a re-wind of her words, but found nothing offensive in them or shocking. The red maned stood bewildered wondering if Phaedra was really mentally unstable or what. If it were not enough Phaedra couldn't spit whatever was going on in her head, behind that face. Was she trying to tell her what was wrong? What? Faelene let out a weary sigh, knowing Tolio hadn't exactly recovered from their gathering. He actually had been distant. It made perfect sense he had probably seen the Pegasus again. Oh brother. She could not protect him, but he was a big boy too. "Please tell me you didn't hurt him more, or I swear..." Faelene couldn't finish, the idea of stating something brought fear in her heart to see the ugly monster that slept in her chest as well. She had ideas what it was capable of.

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

[OOC: Tried to steal Aure. Failed. :( ]

Please tell me you didn't hurt him more, or I swear…

The dark mare's words couldn't be farther from the truth - if they had, they might have stung the sooty pegasus, for now she truly understood what it meant to love someone, and what that entailed. She would die before seeing Tolio hurt, and her actions that day on the Steppe, while still justified in her mind, still caused a pang of regret and shame within her. But how to begin? If Faelene truly didn't know - hadn't spoken to Tolio - then likely she thought they were still at odds. Phae couldn't help the smile force its way into her lips. Ever since that night in the grove, the very thought of Tolio immediately filled her with butterflies and a sense of longing. Forcing herself reluctantly out of that memory, she focused her sea-green gaze on Faelene once again.

"No…Nothing like that. Actually…" The hint of a secretive smile appearing on her lips again, "I think he'll be overjoyed…" Blinking, she imagined his sweet cinnamon-y face when she would tell him the news - she imagined his giggle, him bouncing about as he did, his soft sweet smile…Of course, she wasn't thinking about all of the other implications of the foal that they would have - where it would grow up, whether their relationship would be allowed to continue given the racism of the Basin. "Faelene, I'm pregnant." She said finally, her voice joyful and excited. Other than Sohalia, Faelene was the only other Helovian who knew of the life growing in her belly - and while she didn't expect any warm congratulations, she couldn't help but feel airy and bubbly speaking the words out loud.

Sohalia had told her that she needed to make Tolio choose between Faelene and herself, but standing before the dark mare now, she wasn't so sure. The pain and inner torment it would cause the stallion outweighed her prideful resentment of Faelene. Besides, if the foal was a unicorn, it would stay in the Basin, would it not? And as a high-ranking member, Faelene could offer…a watchful eye, if nothing else. She would do that for Tolio, if not for Phaedra, wouldn't she? Or would she turn against the foal, and denounce Tolio as a traitor for being with a pegasus? Phae didn't think so - she was loyal to the unicorns, yes…but Phae believed that she truly did love Tolio as a brother, and would not abandon him in that way.

Looking up at the mare with a wary smile, she sighed. "Tolio doesn't know yet…We weren't…planning it or anything…" Phae chewed her lip, realizing she was talking merely for the sake of avoiding the larger issue; the issue of Phae and Faelene.

Hidden Account
Sica

F a e l e ne

ooc:Thank you for trying. <3

That start of a smile scared her. It shouldn't, it was just a thing, she senses a lot of meaning behind it. When Phaedra said the words Faelene would be unprepared, her mind had never gone to that place, that suspcion. She had not thought how quickly it could happen. That it could happen. The fact Tolio had not exactly seemed to be a ladies sort a man had prevented such an idea to come to her mind. Sadly, she never thought Phaedra to be the mother type. Never to share the spotlight. That assumption had been based on the only information she had on her. Suddenly, it was hitting her, as if Phaedra had slapped her upside the head, knocking her on her ass. Something she could have physical taken, and might have went over much better. Faelene didn't move she couldn't..didn't respond. It wasn't really coherent in her mind. A baby? Tolio and Phaedra were going to have one. Were they insane?! The tip of her dark ear flipped, she had detected happy emotions in her announcement despite her the distance ringing she was hearing. What on earth could she say? All racing thoughts she wouldn't let escape her mouth. The first time Faelene looked stunned.

The only thing that kept surfacing among the madness was, Did Tolio know. Silver eyes blinked, ridding of their attempts to twitch, and flick. They looked to the soon-to-be-mother. Was she worried now what this entailed? Why couldn't they have been before? Maybe, it was her pure shock Phaedra was Faelene would attack her or something. Her words were not as steady, not so bold. Now would probably be the time to say anything.

Pillars shifted hard against the ground, and she held back the sigh, the anger, and anxiety. It was rather big of Phaedra to share this with her. Though of coarse she would see it as a double sword. The Pegasus had to know this would make Faelene less inclined to harm her, and also knew where she ranked in the Basin. Though Faelene never counted on that meaning much. She found herself rather failing to do accomplish what she wanted. And yet... she could them...would help them. "Awe, it all makes sense...or." Yeah,s scratch that cause not entirely. Faelene couldn't help her ears testing for sound, nostrils looking for a trace of flesh. Did the Grey like this either? "Are we the only two souls who know for sure?" Faelene whispered, back in her sleuth mode, and a lot more suspicious about her own surroundings. "I know he'll be happy, at the same time I'm worried..." The red mane would confess, her silver eyes reaching to the emerald orbs.

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

Phae didn't know Faelene well enough to read the looks which criss-crossed her dark features, although the red-maned mare was quite right to assume that indeed, Phae was betting that this knowledge would keep her safer.

Are we the only two souls who know for sure? Phae's delicate ears pricked forward as Faelene spoke, her lips twitching slightly out of slight guilt as she shook her head, a vague no. "A mare from the Throat...Sohalia...uh..a friend. She knows." The palomino stumbled over the words, still feeling uncertain in calling anyone a friend. But still, Sohalia had showed tremendous amounts of kindness to the pegasus, on multiple occasions. If that wasn't friendship, Phae didn't know what was. Then again, she also didn't believe she had earned Soh's friendship, either. Perhaps the mare was simply being nice...? I'm no good at relationships.. she thoughtfully concluded with a sigh.

"I was hoping to run into Tolio somewhere...It isn't as though I can go to the Basin looking for him..." Shrugging, she realized how absurd that sounded: a pregnant mare simply stalking through Helovia looking for one particular stallion. "Until I heard you in our forest, that is." Remembering that Phae had promised to take Faelene's plight to Ktulu, she sighed. Finding Tolio would have to wait. "I will speak to Ktulu.. If you see Tolio, would you tell him? Or...tell him to come to the Woods, to find me?" Phae realized how quickly she had gone from despising the red-mare, to suddenly asking for favors. Somehow in her mind, Tolio's involvement and his relationship with Faelene seemed to justify her request, but she wasn't entirely sure how it would be received.

Flicking her tail, and feeling much better after her small bought of sickness, she stood a little straighter, looking Faelene right in the eyes. "This foal... Tolio will want to be a part of its life, regardless of whether it is born with a horn or wings. He fears that if the Basin finds out of his offspring, that they will harm me. I don't know if he's intending to stay, or to leave...Either way, for now, please tell no one, save for him. " This was going far beyond a favor. This bordered on treason, for wouldn't Faelene owe some sort of duty to Psyche and the other Basin Unicorns, to notify them of Tolio's transgressions? "If you love him, please don't say a word."

Hidden Account
Sica

F a e l e ne

The emotions that had slipped on her face, disappeared behind her sleek mask. Phaedra was being honest, she could tell by her body language, and Faelene awaited an explanation. Okay, a friend loyal to Phaedra. Hard as that was to digest, especially a mare of all things, the red maned stored the information away. If this broke out, better bet it was Sohalia's tongue in need of harming. If Phaedra said friend, she must trust her, and Faelene counted for things not to sleep.

A bob of her cran, she silently agreed. Phaedra stood stay the hell out of the Basin or it would give Tolio a heart attack. Faelene might want to see what the Unicorns would do to her. Quickly, the thought came she mentally shoved it away. She was to help her enemy. Keeping her close was better, right? Until that child was here, they would have a strange partnership. "I will tell him he needs to see you, if need be he can give me the message from you." Faelene didn't mind, Tolio did need to see Phaedra. Much as that pained her what would happen, maybe they could pull it together for their child. As said, he could rely an answer without Faelene having to do it. Who couldn't agree, Phaedra and Faelene staying away from each other wasn't a good idea?

The golden spotted parted with her holder, and her sharp emerald eyes held Faelene's silver. The lady's voice fell against her ears, the first time holding something that made her more than the flaky pegasus she had seen. It made her real, it made her appear to have some form of heart. It was Faelene's turn to feel insulted. Why in hell would she want Tolio's child harm even if it didn't have a horn? If she was that low, and miserable she would bid her time and attack Phaedra herself. "Phaedra, everyone seems to think the Basin is filled with heartless racist who only carry a horn. Maybe, there are some, but there good souls there. When we were all stripped of our home by the other herds, all against us do you think any of us would feel welcome in them?" Faelene had a raised brow, but continued, her face smoothing, a long sigh escaping her. She didn't need to feel the anger and pain of that day. I will do everything I can to keep Tolio, and this child safe, and do not forget that. If you love him, please don't break him any more. I will await a message from you." It was a long, hard look she gave the Pegasus. There was no more to say, or do and Faelene used her power granted by the God of Spark for her rank and seemed t o vanish into thin air.

[end]