Abandoned by the sun [open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I HAVE BURNED MY TOMORROWS, AND I STAND INSIDE TODAY
At the edge of the future, and my dreams all fade away

Ophelia could still hear the ringing of the Sun God's voice in her head. The memories had flooded back suddenly, and she felt as if she had been struck in the chest with a solid, heavy hoof. Breathing had been a laborious chore; to succumb to asphyxiation and the racing of her heart would have been so simple. Swaying on her hooves before the god of the Sun, she had realized all that she had done. The one god she had loved above all others, the God who had give her hope, light, love had left her alone on that rock. He had taken from her the memories she had forged through her life and expected her to be grateful when others were injured. He had taken everything she had, her sister, her loved ones, the Grey, and then, he gave it all back. Why would he set her up to fail? What had she done to deserve his wrath and disappointment? Did he truly believe that he had done her a favor? That she would thank him for making her forget her family and cherished friends?

Anger burned a hole in her heart that was soon replaced with hopelessness. Ophelia had loved the god of the sun. She had given him presents born of thoughtfulness. Not a day had gone by that he was not in her thoughts, thoughts which he had removed. Only when she realized the harm she had done, when she had already made her fated choice, did he leave. When there was no chance at absolution or resolution, he abandoned her once more to the darkness that consumed her soul - to two halves of a puzzle she was still trying to put together.

Was there a point in love, or would she forever be disappointed? She relived each memory one by one, realizing for the umpteenth time what a fool she had been to think Orisis would love her as anything more than a friend. A bitter snort escaped her grey muzzle and cast a shadow on her heart like rot on a flower. Was she a fool once more to think that the Sun God loved her? He toyed with her, and now that his plaything sits broken, he leaves it for a new one. Did he not appreciate the fact that she possessed a mind capable of rational thought? That even at her most dense without her memories, that she was able to recognize that she was living a half life? Of course not. The God of the Sun wanted her to shower him with praises for fucking up her life beyond repair. He wanted her love and adoration for making her hurt her friends and sister. He wanted happiness at his ability to make her apologize over and over at her inability to remember.

The Sun God wanted thanks for putting her in danger. A stallion who had watched as the life was drained from her body met her in a dream, and she casually ran into the stallion who had nearly taken her life. Djinn, who had saved her from nearly dying once more, had been devastated by the fact she did not remember him. Ophelia hated the Sun God. She knew that making the choice to lose her memories had been wrong, and even without them, she accepted that as truth. The mare took responsibility for her choices, her actions, but he did not have to abandon her - to blame her for choosing to be whole.

As she moved through the murk and grime, the alabaster glory of her coat faded to a dull brown. Cloven hooves shifted beneath mossy trees that blotted out the dull halo of the moon, and she vacillated between flicking her tail angrily at her hocks and hanging her body dully upon her frame. Bones rolled beneath her hooves, unseen by her strange eyes, and she felt this location rather apt to try and pick of the shambles of her life. Death and decay hung like fog among the rotted trees much like the remnants of her faith and love for the fire god. How was she going to face her sister? The Earth God must think her a fool for trusting his brother now; he had known better.

She came to a halt on a small, grassy bank, and she lurched her figure from the mud to stand on the island of solidity. Without care, she leaned against a thick tree, squeezing her eyes shut as she carefully moved through every memory. Smells of the tides moved past her nostrils, the call of gulls a melancholy sound as Nyra's horn made a gash in her side. The shades ran her family away, and she shouldered Ktulu's weight for miles. Bright, white snow, crisp and beautiful in the north lifted her spirits, bringing her to a cave where she had forgiven the spotted king for his sins. Everything was intact, perfect, flawless as always.

The sun was behind her and the dark lay ahead. Eagerly she plunged into the welcoming blackness that embraced her in obscurity and cradled her in anonymity.

Perhaps she could make them all forget.
Image Credit: haiinee @ sxc.hu

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

Frost Fyre
You Can Never be Too Young

I snort in disgust as I pull my cloven hoof out of the murky brown water. A disgusting smell rises from the swamp, almost making me gag. It smells of dead bodies and rotting flesh. Who in the right mind would come to this place? Well, soon I would discover who.

As I walk along, the cloudy waters dirtying my coat as I waded through the water. I spot something farther up with my emerald jewels. Was it a skeleton? No. In fact, it was another unicorn. As I hurry towards her, I'm hoping she's friendly. I stick my velvety black muzzle out towards her, sniffing her. She smells like the moss and trees that surround me, indicating she's been walking through here for a bit. I weave my way towards her, stepping on rocks and mushy soil under the water. Finding a foot hold in this grimy stuff was difficult.

With a determined look I was able to wade through the muck and walk beside the alabaster mare. Her silken mane of white had tips dyed in a bloody red, and her horn stuck from her regal forehead. I can't help but admire her appearance, beautiful. But when I catch sight of her expression it seems as though she's angered and saddened at the same time. I wonder what wrong, has some one she loved or was close to been injured or left her or something? I gaze up at her, my emerald green eyes keeping a close watch on her. Then I spot another thing. A dragon beside her. A frosty white dragon, which must be her companion.

I open my mouth, the words I speak are brushed with respect and gentleness."Are you alright ma'am? I shouldn't be butting in, but you look quite sad." I stare at her, wishing to cheer her up somehow.

[[Is it alright if I join?]]

"Chatting with others."
Thinking up her moves
Putting her moves to work

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
"I'm sorry." Out of the dead that lay bloated and pale under the waters cold and heartless she comes, a pale specter, so very similar to the unicorn she has come to regard as one of her very dearest friends; but the alabaster mare does not have a horn, nor a mane stained with blood. Inside the vast, cavernous chest Tor aches with confusion, with pity and wonderful lightness, relief, at finding the mare unharmed and whole before her. Yet her heart remained heavy, filled with tedious guilt. Will Ophelia, the mare whose mind older than her body, understand the reasons she has left the Gray? Speaking of which, how does one bring that up? Tor never wanted to hurt her, never wanted to do this. Why had she broken ties with the family? Ophelia had been gone. It had all been so rational, so well constructed, when she had met Destrier, and lost the unicorn girlfriend. But what now

No, she cannot break her promise to Torasin and Rishima. The best she can do now is a clean break, a smooth snap of home instead of a jagged fracture, and hope Ophelia will help set the splint, if not heal it herself. Hardly does Tor notice the young one, so consumed she is with her own worries and thoughts. She had not met Ophelia since... The meeting with the Gray? No, this wouldn't do. The draft had to fix the problem. The ghost moves quietly through the mud, flecks of brown liquid glistening on her lower legs and clotting in her thick feathers, nearing the mare who lurks in the darkness. "Forgive me, Ophelia- I have left the Gray. Can you understand, my dear friend?" Please let her understand. Please.

Tor would rather not have the young filly here, not with the discussions that should take place, but regardless she turns to her with a quiet, easy smile, and asks softly- "Where is your mother? Here of all places is not safe for one as young as yourself to roam alone." And it wasn't. None of the living, in fact, should roam the halls of the dead.
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

Levi’s heart thudded with hope as he thought out the words he was going to say to Phaedra. To him, love was not an easy thing as one would think so as well, but Levi had never been this in love before. Actually, Levi never fell in love before and this was his first time. It was because he cared and loved for the fae so much, he did not know if he should tell her or not. Endless thoughts flooded through the brutes mind as he walked through the marsh’s bank. Its soft core gave in from the silver hoof that pressed casually into it. Dead trees lurked around as the brute gazed up at them. His silvery threaded tail flickered as some bugs started to swarm at his rump and thy areas. Levi was so lost in his thoughts that the bugs did not even bother him, it was more so just the fact that he was in a trance a trance of love that he would not so easily break out of.

Ever since the first day he had met Phaedra he felt an instant connection with her. Whether it was friendship, caring, or love Levi wished he could have all three. The way her irony mane and tail flickered as she gracefully walked by him fluttering her mysterious green gaze taunted Levi in every way possible. Maybe it was the way she spoke, calling him handsome, the first time at the beach? Meeting someone is all about first impression so maybe it was that? Levi would never know why he loved her so much, but he just hoped that maybe if he did tell her he would hear what everyone lived to hear, those three words that came heart felt and true.

His friend, Sohalia now in his herd, had spoken with him about the whole situation. She had stated that he should tell his feeling to Phae, but not to get overwhelmed and just like the idea of loving her, but Levi knew in his heart that he loved Phaedra. It was more than words could tell, more than all of the ocean’s combined, and more than his heart could take. The grullo was unsure if telling Phaedra fairly soon would be a good idea for him… was it?

Levi’s attention suddenly turned towards unfamiliar voices that lurked a few yards a head. Not being able to see the voices, he was unsure what was going on. Judging by the sweet little tone, he thought that maybe it was a foal speaking? Levi knew what foals sounded like since Lana, a foal he takes care of in the Throat, had a very similar tone to this unfamiliar one. Slightly, Levi raised his square maw, letting the scents of the area pour into his nostrils. Coughing meekly, scents of swamp and dirt filled his nose. He was too far away to smell anything.

Slowly, he strode ahead to see if there was anyone there. His silvery gaze locked on where the voices were coming from. A white figure had caught his eye as he suddenly noticed the three horses standing to the left of him. His gaze cooly searched from each horse, but he looked towards the one that caught his eye fist. Red threads intertwined with her frosted mane and tail. Perfect white pelt and a graceful stance the fae seemed to be kind, but what struck Levi the most was that she had two different eye colors. One was a deep shade or crimson and the other a deep blue. She also looked young, but it seemed to him that she had a great deal of power. Maybe it was the way she stood, but the other horses seemed to also talk to her. He wondered if she was a leader in one of the herds. Since the brute was unfamiliar with the herds he would not know anything about the leaders. Next his silver gaze caught the pretty structure of a painted horse. She had more white in her, but also had patches of grey’s that perfectly tied into her mane and tail. The fae looked kind as well, but also maybe seemed to know the other fae? Finally, Levi’s gaze searched towards the little filly. Appaloosa dapples speckled on her rump area it was a unique design that Levi was also baffled by. A light color or brown shaded her body as her mane and tail were coated in a chocolate color. And to finish a green leafy gaze that was washed over the first fae he had seen. Levi was unsure if he should interfere with the ladies, but he wanted to at least see where they were from. Well, here goes nothing the brute thought.

Stepping a few feet closer, Levi kept his distance from the other in case they were unwelcoming for more company. His gaze looked from each fae as he interrupted “Hello there ladies.” A kind honey like tone rang as he spoke. Slightly the brute bowed before the others “I am just passing through, but I was not sure if you wouldn’t mind one more for company?” Hopeful, but respectful Levi was unsure of if the ladies would want his company.

[OOC: I hope you don't mind if Levi joins? If not I can delete this :P]

"blah blah blah."

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

osiris</style>

"You call her a friend, yet abandon her when her time of need is obvious," a deep baritone voice leeches out from the shadows of the marsh, eerie sounds of squelching as the giant makes his way across the swamp. Dangerously glinting golden eyes peer out from behind thick lashes, a fur clad face greeting the mare known as Tor, one he would formerly have protected at all costs. Upon his back, a sleeping dragon lies, silent yet the rousing of his bonded's voice, along with a flush of red hot anger, begins to flicker delicate obsidian lids open. Bright violet peers out into the crowd, confused at first, but automatically shifting to an excited start as he catches the sight of Ophelia. Muddied by the dead waters, her figure is still undeniably the delicate and beautiful one he knows well.

Osiris comes sloshing through, his large body dwarfing the small filly that he treats with little more than a glance, his main attention staying upon Tor, eyes heavy, face drawn into a deep frown of disapproval. "You have no sense of honor or friendship. The Gray is better without such a hag," they are cutting words, words that would normally not fall from his mouth. Usually, he would have been platonic at her leaving, but the gall of this mare to claim love for the delicate mare of snow while she ignorant of Ophelia's needs was unforgivable. How unsensitive and how ugly. His massive figure of fur caked now in mud and rotting decay comes to slide between Ophelia and those gathered, standing on the small edges of the grassy island in the swamp of the dead. Like a shield from their prying eyes as questions, the wolf horse stands as protection for the mare he had watched grow from a filly. The unkempt manner of her appearance along with the tired lines of her body were enough evidence that she was hurting, that life had gotten hard. Whatever the burden, Osiris would shoulder it for her in these moments, even if she did not remember his name.

The bonds of the heart are stronger than petty things like that. If Ophelia did not remember him, it was just as well he teach her once more who he was. She had never lost her patience with him, and so the wolf would not retire their friendship so early either.

His gaze is hard and heavy, even as the pegasus approaches swiftly to address the mares. Osiris offers a silent nod to the stallion, but does little else. On his back, Comadre stretches like a cat, his claws latching on to the thick fur of the wolf, while his spine arches upward and wings unfurl. Lazy eyes open, and the reptile looks toward Ophelia with a sad but hopeful smile in his purple eyes. "Oooffee?" he coos quietly, prodding the question as if to ask if she recalled his face. The last encounter she had not, but surely she would recognize him now. A toothy grin extends to Tinek, a sheepish wave as the dragon comes to sit neatly.
""

we resign ourselves to existence in the dark. </style>
we must stay afraid.  </style>

image by caste @ flickr.com
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia did not possess the will to mask her emotions behind her eyes at this time. She did not have the strength to make others feel safe and loved when her faith lay in shambles. To be honest, she was struggling with ever wanting to comfort another pathetic being like herself again. Better, she thought, that someone had bluntly told her that she would be abandoned or nearly killed by the stallions who had shown interest. Then, she would have been more prepared to have her soul crumble to her hooves. Cheer, though somewhere in the back of her mind, was appreciated, served as more of a reminder that happiness was forever out of her grasp. So, when the filly spoke, Ophelia leveled her strange, dual colored eyes and the small, spotted filly, orbs filled with pure anger and raw depression.

"All right..." she half whispered, her voice cracking from behind her lips. A mad smile crossed her features just then as a surge of pain squeezed her heart. "No, I am not, but such is fate." Ophelia recognized the familiar form of Tor approaching then, and she could not deny that her heart calmed a little upon seeing the white and grey spotted frame. The healer had been her friend from the beginning. She had told the draft secrets she had never imparted to anyone else besides her sister. Never once did Ophelia's trust in the mare fail, so the mad smile on her lips drifted, for a moment, into a pained one. Tor and Ophelia had always seemed to be of the same mind, wanting to heal and open of heart.

For the second time in a short time span, she had her perception of her loved ones get blatantly shredded before her eyes. Her heart beat dully in her chest, two toned eyes turning hard when Tor spoke. Ophelia did not dare to breathe or a laugh, more bitter than foxglove, would manically escape. Understand? How could she understand? Logically, sure, but emotionally, now? Perhaps the filly had arrived by fate, for Tor's attention shifted and Ophelia hitched a breath that she did well enough to hide behind a small cough. Her head was reeling, and she felt as if she were underwater. Certainly she was dreaming? All of this had to be a horrible, terrible nightmare.

Another stallion approached, and she focused on breathing, not able to even acknowledge his presence as her body struggled to contain the weight of her emotions. He wanted more company, and she wanted to tell him to fuck off. She wanted no more friends or company that would leave her like Tor or the Sun God. However, she held her tongue as Tinek's mind told her that he spied Comadre in the distance. Osiris was not entirely innocent in this drama that was her life, but he was unknowing and a good friend. She could not hold her own foolishness against the wolf. Tinek's crimson eyes widened when Comadre approached, and the silver remained perched on a tree, unable to do anything to help. Talons gripped the tree too tightly, and he was stiff as the limb on which he sat.

Osiris said what she was unable to speak, shouldered the pain she was feeling and honestly saying what rested on her heart. She finally exhaled a rough breath and looked up at Osiris with gratefulness hinting on the edges of her raw expression. A half-smile, shadowed, crossed her lips when Comadre said her name, and she nodded. "Comadre," she said quietly, letting the little black dragon know that she remembered. "Thank you, Osiris," she whispered soon after before leveling her hard gaze at Tor. "Just go," she told the mare, those two words holding the weight of her emotion.

The strange stallion, a handsome grullo, now sparked in her mind again, and she eyed him rather darkly though not unkindly. Ophelia could see the care-free joy so excitedly marked in his physical language and expression. When would that come crashing down for him? Soon, most likely. Nothing good could ever last long. Tinek waved back at Comadre, able to move now instead of being still as a silver stone. Quickly, the dragon swooped from his perch on the tree and landed on Ophelia's crest, staring between her ears at Comadre. Ophelia said nothing to the strange stallion, but she had enough politeness to nod her head in greeting. No matter what answer she gave to his question for company, it would be a lie. No, she wanted no one, but yes, she needed help.

Fate was cruel. The gods, even moreso.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

Something shattered beyond repair, something exploded into a thousand pieces, and it broke into confetti that fell on the bodies of the dead, but this was no party, nor was the shreds of ribbon visible. It was pain much worse, so much worse, than when Xanthos had pierced her cheek with a blackened horn, worse than anything she could imagine or experience, worse than when Lace had disappointed her.

Tor wanted to cry, to run and flee from the mare whose eyes slowly turned hard, to the wolf-horse that spoke so bitterly to her; called her hag and abandoner, and maybe it was that word that sparked some little resistance in her.

"Me, abandon her? She had not visited me in the whole of Frostfall." The draft said, quietly, and did not flinch again when Ophelia told her to leave, told her to 'just go'. "You are not the Ophelia I know." Slowly, as elegantly as she can muster, she lets her great head fall, shakes her neck, twists it back and forth until finally the amulet around her neck loses hold, and falls over the pale ears onto the sodden ground.

For a moment it glistens, and then mud splatters the smooth green surface as Tor backs away, split in two by the emotions holding her. Anger. Pity. Sadness. It twisted, intertwined, so when the pale mare pregnant looked upon Ophelia's face one last time, she wasn't certain what she felt. "Take your payment, Ophelia. I am always here for you, even when you do not realize it." She turns, brushes by the winged stallion, and one single tear falls from her dark eyes.

Ophelia was gone from her.

[Hope it's okay that I posted before you, Dark :O If not I can go back and delete.]

a thousand sweet regrets;
a thousand sorrows;
a thousand apologies

sxu.hu
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Frost Fyre
You Can Never be Too Young

[[I don't mind, elope. ^^]]

The mare, she denied being alright. At first she played it like she was fine but only seconds after she quickly said she wasn't. I feel sorry for her, whatever had happened. She had clearly lost something or some one, but who was I to know her personal life?

I look at the mare, sorrow filling my heart. Although I wish to speak, I don't know what to say. I look into her eyes, only now realizing she has one red eye and one blue one. The silence is snapped when another mare comes, her voice rings out, first directed at the white mare and then at me."My mother's in the Basin! What is your point? I can go here if I wish." I snort, although I don't think this mare is being rude, I think she's just got a motherly instinct kicking in or something. With I shrug I return my emerald gaze to the alabaster mare, whom was called Ophelia by the other mare.

Yet another horse joins us. A grullo pegasus. He speaks, but I don't answer. Instead I continue to stare at the white unicorn. Then yet another joins us. This guy wasn't any normal horse. He was part wolf. A bronze dragon cooed at the white dragon that followed Ophelia. The words that slipped from the wolf stallions throat were harsh, and directed towards the draft mare.

Once these words had reached my ears I was almost shocked. I felt as though I didn't belong. It was a little reunion between old acquaintances. I slip sideways, watching as the draft mare lays an amulet before the alabaster unicorn and walks away. I catch the slightest shimmer of a tear escaping the mare's eye as she left. Where she was going, now one knew. I turn back to the group, all these emotions clashed in the air, and seemed to affect me too. All this pain. All this anger and depression. I lower my head, not a word was spoken from anyone. Yet.

[[All these feels. :I]]

"Chatting with others."
Thinking up her moves
Putting her moves to work

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

A cool breeze shifted as the grullo’s silvery gaze searched for anyone’s attention. No one seemed to want to talk, however, the sturdy patched fae looked tense as she talked to what he heard the others call her, Ophelia. Levi stood patiently listening knowing that this was none of his business. Should I just leave? He thought to himself, but suddenly, the brute twisted his neck as he heard a deep voice in the distance. When the stallion came into view, Levi knew he would be able to recognize him from anywhere. That interesting wolf-horse had competed with him in the heart for the boggart cloud. He did not know the steed’s name, but he figured, at the right time, he should maybe address himself to the stallion.

His tone was harsh when he talked to the patchy fae, telling her that she was a hag and not needed. Levi felt bad for the patched fae, but he stayed back from interfering. Whatever she had done, it must have been something bad because everyone seemed to know what was going on, except for him. The way they eyed her with vengeance and disappointment Levi figured whatever she had done Ophelia did not want to be the others friend. Elegance twisted with anger as the equine fae said her last words the Ophelia and brushed past them a tear dripping from her saddened eye. Levi wanted so badly to go and follow her, to make sure she was alright, but would that be appropriate for this time? First he needed to address the stallion known as, Osiris, and try to help Ophelia by seeing what was going on.

His gaze shifted to Osiris, giving him a slight nod in acknowledging him. “How do you do, Osiris. I’m not sure if you remember me, but I believe we have met once in the heart competing for the boggart cloud.” Giving the comrade a slight smile, the brute noticed that Ophelia was staring at him intently. It was not necessarily a kind look, but it was not a mean look either. Levi kindly caught her gaze, but could see in her eyes that she was saddened. Not being flirtatious, but kind, he gave a half smile gazing into her different colored eyes giving a look like I hope you are alright . Taking his attention back to the three others he addressed his name “Oh I almost forgot to say, my name... I'm Levi.” Nodding his head to each horse he kept his stance the same, but wanted to leave only because he felt that this was none of his business.

Ophelia’s nod was what made him want to stay. It was not that she seemed to want him here, but she was being kind. Levi thought that maybe he should ask her if she was okay? If she needed anything? But would that make her even more upset than she already was? If the situation had anything to do with love, he would certainly understand because of Phaedra. It was not an easy thing, in fact, it was probably one of the hardest situations in the world. The concept if either you win or you lose. The person either loves you back, or they hate you and run away because of the awkwardness. Either way, it would be shocking to take in… so Levi could somewhat understand where she was coming from.

“I know this is none of my business, but if any of you need any help or anything I would gladly assist.” Shooting his glance from Osiris, the filly, and then to Ophelia he meant it most to her.

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account

osiris</style>

Not looking behind him, Osiris's golden eyes stayed upon Tor's face as it were magnetized. He could feel the tension of Ophelia's breathing, hear it as she shuddered with effort, but dare not look back in case her resolve would collapse down upon seeing his face. All she needed was a sturdy beacon to keep her grounded, lest she fall to pieces upon the floor. As he speaks, Comadre uncurls with a happy expression, waiting for the wolf to grow quiet before prodding Ophelia carefully to test her memory. The sound of his name on her lips causes the dragon to coo ecstatically, leaping from his wolf's back to land upon Ophelia's back, hugging her neck the best he could with his tiny arms, and then proceeding to crawl up to where Tinek sat. As the mare says her thanks, Osiris turns to look at her, a small smile on his lips, relief in his eyes. There had been far too many doubts in his heart since that day in the Foothills. Whatever had caused her amnesia was gone, but Osiris had a feeling it was the very same thing that had broken her heart.

Finally, the draft speaks in quiet words that would have marked remorse, if she had been strong enough to own up to her mistakes. Instead, she throws the blame upon the white mare at his back, and his ears pin back more in annoyance. What a selfish bitch, he thinks to himself. Blaming Ophelia for not visiting, when it was apparent that this white and gray mare had legs well enough to see out the girl with mismatched eyes. What other lame excuses would she hide behind? There were none that would allow her to escape the hard look of disapproval from the wolf. He had found a family with the Gray, finding acceptance. He would protect its members, even if that meant protecting them from each other. "Your excuses will find no purchase here," he says, before the draft slips by to discard an amulet at the cloven hooves of Ophelia.

As if Ophelia were the kind that would take from a friend.

He growls, much like a dog, but does little else as the mare turns tail and runs. Irritated, grumpy, and altogether upset with the maltreatment of his longest friend, Osiris takes a long breath. The stallion speaks up, chipper in tone, to the wolf. Feral eyes trace lines to look at him, as he mentions the boggart. Vaguely, the wolf recalled a pegasus on the field that day. However, he was not aware that it was a competition. His frown does not disappear, but perhaps increases a little, as he look at the stallion. "I was only there to protect a friend," his voice nonchalant, unlike the darkened and cutting baritone used on Tor. "As you see, I have no need for additional company." Sheepishly, Comadre looks up from Ophelia's neck, smiling a strange little toothy grin and waving at Levi as he introduces himself.

"I remember him," the dragon says cheerfully. Osiris looks up toward the dragon with falsely annoyed eyes. "I figured as much." His words are directed only at the reptile to whom he speaks, but hardly quiet. The wolf had never been fond of using their mental connection to speak, and only recently had used it to call out to the dragon during their fight with the boggart.

Levi's offer of aid was unexpected, but the wolf does not even acknowledge the look directed toward him. Instead, he simply remains quiet, uncertain if prodding were the appropriate measure to take with Ophelia. She seemed delicate, like a snowflake, and he was afraid any touch would cause her to fall apart. He could offer his own help to her, convince Ophelia that he would listen to her woes, but the wolf felt that it was rather unnecessary. He had just finished protecting her from the barrage of friendly fire; what more could he do?
""

Ascended Helovian

Hadn't visited all of Frostfall. Not the mare I know. Ophelia listened to those words and raised a brow, remembering back to the frosty season. She had been to the Grey meetings where Tor had not appeared, and Birdsong had mostly been spent without memories. Ironically, who she was right now, standing, was the Ophelia she knew - just an Ophelia who had been through more than most. Two halves of her life were still being knit slowly together, and now she could add one more to the count of injuries she caused while her memories were gone. The alabaster mare knew she could not solely blame the God of the Sun for this; she had agreed to give up her memories, selfishly. However, she had come to this realization on her own and asked for them back, even if she had to give up what she wanted.

He abandoned her for choosing her loved ones.

An amulet was tossed on the ground as Tor passed by her, and she watched with no small amount of anger. As if a trinket could replace a friendship? A piece of metal with mild magical properties could be payment for her abandonment? A smirk crossed her lips that was born of pain and irony, and she watched as Tinek swooped down to snatch the amulet, holding the bronze chain in his talons before it sank beneath the murky surface to be lost forever. Crimson eyes watched the draft mare go, and the silver, scaled creature then surged upward to land on Ophelia's hip, eyeing the trinket rather curiously.

Comadre's little talons rested like feathers on her tall withers then, and she closed her eyes as his charcoal arms wrapped around her neck. She could feel his warm breath against the mud that latched onto her hairs, and a softer smile moved across her lips. To be loved by such an intelligent and independent creature was why she had made the decision to return to the God of the Sun. All of her memories of Comadre and Osiris, though sometimes painful, were worth any price. She turned her head slightly to affectionately rub her lips along the hardened scales of his back, a thank for so selflessly comforting her when she was lost in the sea of her own faults. Ophelia had not the heart at the moment to run after the spotted gray and return her amulet, but she would, soon.

For now, she merely listened to the protective growl coil from Osiris' throat and remembered why she had lost the Sun God's faith. Four sets of talons, leathery wings, a tall, furry half-wolf and kind words were worth more to her than the interest of a god too old and too bitter to appreciate her for her short, mortal life. With that thought, she began to heal, slowly. Though her heart yearned for the sun god's council and appreciation, she knew that she had made the right choice. As she thought, she stared at the winged stallion in their midst, wondering if love would abandon him as well.

A conversation arose between then that sparked her curiosity, an emotion that had previously been resting beneath a heap of self-doubt and anger. Boggart? What was that? One, formerly listless, tulip shaped ear tilted in their direction, interest lining the dim glow in her strange eyes. "What is a Boggart" she finally asked, her voice rather small but still as chime-like and delicate as usual. Strange eyes glanced between the two males, wandering what had transpired that the two knew each other. Apparently a cloud of some sort had been the egg of an unknown creature, but Osiris was there to protect a friend. Ophelia smiled to herself, thinking that the protective trait was very much inherent to her friend.

Ophelia was surprised that Levi had offered to help. Even he recognized that she was a more than slightly off center when someone who had claimed to be her friend did not. Well, Tor had realized that she was not herself, but chose to fault her for it instead. Kind, she thought sarcastically. She looked between the two adults and then down at the filly, knowing that her curiosity would be burning were she in their hooves. A shaky exhale moved past her gray lips, and she grit her teeth together for a moment as she mulled over her words. "I chose to return to the Sun God to regain my history, and he abandoned me," she said rather stiffly. Any more emotion would have caused the fissure in her soul to rupture further.

"I chose to remember, and he called me ungrateful. Never again will he see me, a-a." Ophelia clenched her jaw hard and inhaled deeply, muscles tensed. As she resolved her emotions, her ears pinned against her skull, and she closed her eyes tightly. "I admit to having loved him, perhaps foolishly. Though I did not consider him romantically, the God of the Sun has always been a guiding light in my life." Ophelia opened her eyes and stared down at her hooves. "Nevermore."

[[OOC: Let's just say Frost decided this was adult business and left. ^^]]

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

Levi’s orbs flickered towards Osiris. He did not seem to have the tolerance for anything right now because of the draft fae that was annoying him and Ophelia. It did not bother him that he was part wolf and was actually intrigued by him. He seemed to be strong and one track minded which was not a bad thing. He seemed to be worthy of a warrior and most likely not part of a herd, since he did not have a distinct smell. "I was only there to protect a friend," His tone was much more soothing than the one he had used for Tor. “Ah, I see. Was it Nadira? I saw you helping her and I thought that it was kind.” It was almost like he was alright with Levi being here, until he made his next comment. "As you see, I have no need for additional company." Levi’s heart pounded with disappointment and stress. Maybe he should have not been so opening to Osiris. The stirring awkwardness of tension made Levi slowly pin his ears back, but not of anger of confusion. He was unsure if he should just leave or just leave, but something said to Levi that maybe he should wait for Ophelia. “Oh, I’m sorry if I was intruding, if you would feel better without the additional company then I shall leave.” His words were sincere, but he wanted to see if Ophelia felt the same way as the wolf did.

Pressing his gaze towards his hooves, the brute noticed a figure out of the corner of his eye. A beautiful dragon perched from Ophelia’s neck line waving towards Levi. The little creature was so kind, but Levi was aware that Osiris that might be upset if Levi were to talk to him. Raising his massive vulture wing, tawny-silver threading spread as he wiggled the tips of his fingers, waving back to Comrade, A bright smile emerged on his face as Comrade had made him feel a bit better about the situation. Ophelia was angry, Osiris was being a good friend to the white fae, and Levi was the odd one out. He tried to make conversation, but it was difficult because they were both stressed.

Ophelia then talked, finally, as she explained her situation to the stallions that remained. Pressing his gaze towards hers, Levi listened trying to comprehend everything that she was saying. First he responded to her first question. “A boggart is like an evil demon that can manipulate the way you see things. It can also turn into any type of form and physically try to kill you. It takes your deepest darkest fears and turns them against you..” Pausing Levi looked down “It was so real, that I did not even know that it was just manipulating my mind, I thought I lost the love of my life.” Shooting his gaze towards Ophelia, he wanted her to know that he knew what she was going through. Love was not an easy thing, but probably one of the most challenging this in the world. “Ophelia, I-I am so sorry, I can’t even imagine that. Love is so impossible; I understand what you are going through.” Walking a bit closer to her, he looked at her in a comforting manner. “The one I love I fear does not love me back. She is beautiful that everyone loves her… I feel that she just sees me as a friend. I want to tell her my feelings, but the fact of the matter is I already know that she will turn me down. I am not her ideal man so, I am would not be surpised if she told me that she hated me or ran away.” His silver orbs stayed locked on Ophelia’s as he prepared to speak again “But that is why love is so powerful. It’s all about taking risks for the one that you love so, in my eyes, you have not failed your chance. Just remember he is a god he is with you wherever you are, he probably knows that you love him. He should be lucky to have someone like you honor him in that way, and if he cannot notice that then maybe he just isn’t worth it, but you put yourself out there. That takes guts and morals, you should be proud of yourself as where I am afraid to even tell her one compliment.” Smiling Levi reassured her with kind words hoping he made her feel better.

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account

osiris</style>

"Yes," he says in response to the pegasus's query. "Lady Nadira." The wolf seems abrupt, but it is not uncommon that he speaks thusly. He was not exactly the most adept at conversation, though he often spoke with an elegant tongue, he was not suave in the company of strangers. "There is no need to apologize, Levi." It was all that the hybrid could offer before Ophelia began to speak, her voice timid and light as she wavered through the extent of her emotions, belabored by sorrows and the worries of fresh made wounds. Tor, whoever the mare was, would never be a friend of Osiris.

Sharp, golden eyes fall upon the white mare, stained with the mire of the swamp, as she speaks of love. Curious, I think. It was odd to believe that this girl had gone and found herself falling for the deity which had wreaked havoc upon this land for a season, or at least that was the story upon my arrival here. It was certainly like Ophelia to believe a selfish ass, Osiris thinks with a smile, looking at his paws in the sodden earth with a sadness that creeps in his face. There were souls in this world that should be praised for their purity, yet time and time again, the wolf found that it were the souls worthy of praise that were dragged through the mud, connected by chains to those long since tainted. Biased to favor the girl automatically, perhaps, but there was something so unyieldingly beautiful about Ophelia that went past her features and reached into the depths of her heart.

There was kindness there, a kindness without rhyme or reason, one that often was extended to those who deserved it the least. She did not discriminate nor hold others accountable for her choices, only herself. By the pained expression on her face as she stumbles upon the words, that is the only answer. Ophelia, the girl built of snow and blood, had lent her heart to one more unworthy fool, and this time, there were pieces left scattered upon the ground.

Gently, Osiris reaches out a soft muzzle to nudge her shoulder as she speaks the final word, a brush filled with warmth and compassion. They were feelings that words cannot speak, one alienated being to another. Upon Ophelia's neck, Comadre coos, clinging to Tinek's arm insistently for support and reassurance that the girl was going to be alright. The black had no connection with the unicorn mare's mind, and was uncertain, worried, and struggling to make sense of her words even as Osiris's perceptions tried to clarify. One thing was absolutely certain: she was hurt, very badly, but not by physical wounds. Perhaps here, surrounded by those who loved her company, she could find some structure to hold her together, some support. Comadre and his bonded could only hope.

The wolf listens to the other stallion babble in a most disconcerted way, as though the words of the mare had upset him personally, set off some floodgate from his mouth as the words came pouring without end. One ear slicks back, and Osiris raises his head to watch the peculiar pegasus rush onward verbally, a perplexed expression on his keen face. When the jittery mess of uncertainty finally manages to capture and harness his tongue again, the hybrid is left astounded, looking at him with slightly widened eyes. However, he holds back the laugh which would have grown in his chest, uncertain if Ophelia would handle mirth in her current state of emotions. Looking toward the dual colored eyes of the unicorn, Osiris smiles. "Only a fool throws away gold."
""