Thicker than Thieves Tio | Open

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

Tell me about your leaders

As they walked, gradually entering into the Heart from the Field, Phae considered his question. What really did she know about her leaders? She knew that Ophelia and Ktulu were twins. That they each had a companion. That Ophelia was head of intelligence, and Ktu the warriors. What else was there to tell? That Ktulu wasn't the warm and fuzzy type? That Ophelia was astoundingly and strikingly beautiful?What exactly was Tio hoping to find out about them? "The Grey was started by sisters Ophelia and Ktulu - twins I believe. They are both unicorns. Ophelia is in charge of the intelligence division, dealing with spy's such as myself, and the healers. Ktulu leads the Warrior classes, and assigns their missions and targets. Ktulu has a bear cub as a companion, and Ophelia has a dragon of ice." Flicking her tail, she considered really, whether there was anything else to tell.

Deciding that there wasn't, Phae listened patiently as Tio weighed the options of what to ask the God's for. Her brow furrowed, finally revealing signs of dismay on her pretty features, as he came to choice three. Why would he do any of this on her account. He had called her out on her flirtatious ways and relieved himself in front of her, which was evidence enough to suggest he wasn't interested - and yet he continued to make remarks about her beauty and his desire to gain her favour. She felt like she was being manipulated, but couldn't fathom what his end goal could possibly be, or even how she was being manipulated. All she had to go on was the sense that there was a great deal he wasn't telling her.

"To enjoy the skies is....something you can't even begin to imagine." She began finally, looking into the clear skies. "To dwell on the breeze and soar high above the lands is...." Turning to look at him, their green gazes meeting: "incredible." She whispered breathlessly, finding herself lost in his gaze. Forcing herself to pull away, she again looked at the sky. "I am not sure what the God's will ask of you, in return for such a gift...I heard rumours of a unicorn who had to steal the wings of a pegasus, if he wanted a pair of his own." Shrugging, she would say no more on the matter, especially not about his intentions and what they had to do with her. If this was a game, she would have to play more carefully.Besides, it would be his burden to bear, if he was going to ask for the skies.

...so that things might happen. If you know what I mean Her ears flickered uncertainly, catching his words. Not knowing how to interpret his true intentions, or the underlaying meaning, she simply decided to revert into her flirtatious ways. Side stepping delicately, she nudged her slender body against his; pressing herself into him for a tantalizing moment. Pushing herself ahead with a prancing step, her cream tail flicked against his chest - forcing her scent to him once again. Cinnamon, lilac and...what was that? Well, this was BirdSong after all - the mares were in heat. Throwing a cursory glance behind her, her eyes sparkled with a mischievous light. "Well maybe you better show me sugar-" She began, having her words cut off by his question. "What's, what?"

HP: 45.5

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

There were several things going on in Tio's mind at once and he almost felt over stimulated. He would have responded to her but with a shot of adrenaline, he bolted into a headlong gallop, running straight for that glow on the horizon. He came to a cowpony stop near the edge of the burning pit and looked down, sweat covering his neck and shoulders and foam gathering between his back legs. He snorted, his nostrils dilated. His eyes were showing a little white around the edge and his ears flickered constantly, back and forth. Wheeling, he trotted the edge of the circle, his back hollowed, his tail clamped to his rump.

This was a genuine freak-out, but not because he'd never seen something like this before. The sight of the burning pit had jerked him back to the past and he could see his homeland, the burning lake of liquid hydrogen having lit the ash beaches where his herd had stayed, munching on the sparse grass and the small trickling stream that that had curled away from the fire, evaporating before it got too close. The heat, the darkened sky, the sight of fire, everything had made him think he was home. Or at least for a moment. He turned and trotted back to her, his posture regaining it's composure as he dragged himself back to the present.

For a moment, he'd acted like he had completely lost his mind. His face had been a mask of blind rage in it's purest form and he had trotted away in search of his former lead mare. The mare whom had laid claim to HIS lands in his absence and had made off with the stallion's heart as well as controlled his mind. Whenever he thought of her now, the purest of hatred rose like a flash flood in his mind and he became unpredictably violent. The two of them would swear up and down that there was nothing similar about them, but the fact remained they seemed made for each other. Tio's desire to kill her had never waned but something had always kept him back. He still knew not what it had been and now it was too late to find out. The mystery would infuriate him to the utmost of his abilities to cope. Thoughts of her still plagued his mind, like a tick needling it's way into his brain. Phaedra's company had relieved him of such troubles for a while, but it seemed the appearance of the Heart of this land had caused him to revert to his true nature.

When he came back to stand beside her he was calm again, but his expression was cold. He let out a final buck to end his emotional outburst that hit a dead, stunted tree. The strength in the blow caused the dried-out wood to split apart with a crack that sounded like cannonfire. "We should keep going." There was a hardness in his tone that had not been there. This was not a request. This was a command. The mask of kindness he had shown her before had cracked into a thousand pieces. There was only cruelty in his thoughts now. His acid green gaze burned with a new purpose as he walked alongside the ledge, circumnavigating the hole in order to continue their journey.

He seemed made for the environment here, the light of the fire gave his coat a sickly golden shimmer while his brindle stripes looked like dribbles of wet paint. His sweaty neck slowly dried and the foam crusted and fell from his legs. The confidence of evil seemed to exude from his every movement and there was no room for fluidity or bending. He suddenly had the air of a leader, one of dictatorial strength, one who's will was absolute law and death was the punishment for questioning orders. There was no doubt about it. Catillatio was a plague that was spreading to ravage this land and if his plans came to fruition, he would be unstoppable. He flicked his blackened tail against his legs, the tail carriage as proud as it had ever been. It was a shame his mind seemed to be so twisted beyond repair- he was quite handsome otherwise. The trap was exposed for Phaedra to see clearly now, thanks to the burning pit. They probably should have avoided this area altogether.

He had not, however, forgotten that she had flicked her tail at him and he had noted her scent for future reference. Stopping mid-stride, he turned to face her, his eyes narrowed. "Were you sending me signals that you're in heat, or was I imagining things?" He asked her, his tone softer now, but there was still an unemotional quality to his tone, as if he were being harsh about his question. This was way out of character for him, though. He was trying to maintain a sense of gentlemanly charm for her sake so that he would not scare her away and lose her favor. In any case, he was still playing his cards, trying to make up for his loss of control and regain his footing with this relationship. It was like trying to save a spoiled mood.

The last time he had lost control, he'd snapped back to see a bloody body before him. The mare had not left him alone when he had abandoned her and he had eventually lost his patience. The body he had woken up to had been too broken to identify clearly. The scary part was not that that had happened, but that he had walked away without caring that he'd killed her. It seemed that Phaedra was right, there was a world of things that Tio was not telling her. He didn't plan on letting her be in the know on those things either. She would find out when the time came.

993 words
For Phaedra, played by Aud.
I've got bad blood
I've done bad things
How can I control myself
If I enjoy these nasty habits?
I can hear the voices stirring
Oh the awful things they're planning
I don't play nice
I don't give in
Was it nature, was it nurture?
Maybe I was just born evil
It's no use I can't control it
Maybe it's a sign not to quit

-Creature Feature ;]

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

Are you bi-polar? Phae wondered as her flirtatious efforts were squashed by the sight of Tio galloping past her. She felt annoyed; she wasn't here to be a tour-guide to a crazy-ass stallion, especially if he was no longer interesting. Not that his random tantrum wasn't interesting in its own way, it was just wasn't interested to her. Impatiently, she continued walking, even as Tio slide to a halt, and paced around the crater.

As he returned to her, lashing out at a dead tree with his hind legs, Phae tossed her head uninterestedly, shrugging and following along. She had picked up the the tone in his voice, but had ignored it. The sooner this is over, the better she thought, forcing herself to be diplomatic. Startled as he stopped mid-stride, her sea-green gaze washed over him curiously. Were you sending me signals that you're in heat, or was I imagining things?" With a silvery laugh, Phae brushed past him. "Sugar, if you can't even pick up on a few pheromones, how the hell are you going to run a herd?" She replied dryly as she continued to walk without him.

Her enchantment with Tio was wavering. If he wanted to be crazy, and fight with the ghosts of his past, as he appeared to be doing, that was fine with her. But as her patience waned, her duty to the Grey in terms of watching this stallion, seemed less and less important. Realistically, when she returned to Ktu and Phi to tell them what she knew, how much more could they ask of her? If he meant to go the the Veins, was she required to wait and see what the verdict of the God's was? Or could she simply leave him there? Phae was a skilled player when it came to manipulation and the subtle art of sex, but Tio was beginning to grate on her unpleasantly. He had criticized her, complimented her, said he wanted to find a way to share the skies with her, run off on her and now, it felt like he was demanding that she continue to accompany him.

Flicking her tail, she took a breath, forcing herself to eliminate these thoughts from her mind. It's a game… her mind reminded her, play it. Whatever was stirring in Tio's mind, Phae wanted him to be rid of it. "So sugar, what will you call yourself, when you've got your own herd? Lord? King? Sultan?" She purred at him, hoping that considering a possible title for himself, would re-focus his attention away from whatever thoughts were plaguing him.

Loon

He did not answer her at first. As they walked, the gentlemanly charms seemed to be piecing itself back together slowly. He was relaxing into an easier gait, the hardness left his expression, the prowl of a dictator eased off into the subtle walk of a stud confident in his ideas and where he was going. When he looked back at her, the hard, cold expression had melted. The mask was back. However, he seemed to have other things on his mind. When he answered her, his voice was subdued as though his mind were elsewhere even if he were still aware of what was happening.

"Of what I've heard so far, I think I'm most interested in becoming a Sultan. I visited their lands in passing not long ago and I must say, I liked the small glimpse I was greeted with. I may go back and take a closer look." he said, his tone remaining distracted. His ears swiveled back before pricking towards her again. he turned his head to look her in the eye. "Phaedra, why don't you tell me more about yourself? Do you have any family, or others you feel close to? Any problems you would like to discuss? I'm not all that great with advice, but I could try if you want." He seemed to have forgotten that Stella was still there, although he had never taken his awareness off of the bird, so he knew the chick was hiding in Phaedra's mane somewhere. He saved a glance towards where he thought the bird was hiding and then snapped his attention back to the mare.

The sudden interest in Phaedra's past was mainly a transition into another story, because Tio knew the only way to reconcile what had just happened, and regain his footing with her, was to let her in a little more. He would tell her a little bit about his past if she was inclined to accept it and tell him a little about herself in return. In doing so, he hoped that the outcome would be that she would understand a little more about him and where he had come from... the why behind his plans for conquest. That seemed like a good way to diffuse the tension. Of course he wasn't going to turn it into a long sob story, or anything like that. Not much of what had happened to him did he feel regret for. In fact, Tio was simply raised to be the way he was, he could not think of anything horrible happening to him in his past that would make him the stud he was today. Put simply, he had never known anything other than cruelty, so he had taken it to be normal, and therefore had grown up to be cruel.

At the very least, he owed her an explanation as to why the sight of the burning pit had caused him to react in such a way.

503 words
For Phaedra, played by Aud
Saving the story for the next reply. xD

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

Interested in becoming a Sultan...

So.. She thought, Does that mean he intends to take over the Throat? That was a lofty goal, surely. Although Phae had never met Kri before, from Leander's tales of her, she seemed a worthy adversary. Although the sooty mare didn't have any intention of ever joining a typical herd, she did admire the Throat, if only from afar. Levi..Sohalia...Note.. Wistfully their names circled in her mind - would she warn them? Would Tio be a fair and just ruler? Or a dictator? Cocking her head inquisitively to the side, she considered this as she looked at the brindled stallion.

As Tio shifted the conversation to her, as she had just attempted to do to him, she suddenly felt defensive. She was definitely being manipulated; or others you feel close to, and just why would she answer that? So he could twist her words, and use the ones she loved against her? Lucky for her, there was only one who she had feelings for, and she couldn't exactly see Tio engaging the gay cinnamon stallion in any sort of shenanigans. Not with the entire Basin supporting him. Still, is wasn't as though she could simply refrain from answering - not without drawing suspicions.

"A girl's gotta have her secrets, sugar." She replied, feigning a demur and sheepish tone. As they moved through the heart, Phae let her tawny wings slump from her flanks, exposing her lithe body. The heat suddenly felt enormous, and Phae couldn't help but want to take to the air to escape it. There were dark patches of sweat underneath her wings, centralizing where her feathers were heaviest. Stretching her flight-appendages up towards the sky, she beat them a few times stirring the air and trying to cool herself off.

Looking back to Tio now, she scrutinized him, unable to shake the feeling of distrust that was beginning to well within in. "Besides, I'd rather hear more about the would-be Sultan." Arching a brow, she removed her gaze from his visage, looking instead to the desolate and burned landscape. Thankfully, the Veins were not so far ahead, and they would soon be out of this wicked heat.

[OOC: Crap. Ack. Since the veins are now 'destroyed' I suppose they'll go and just find them in ruins?]

Loon

A genuine chuckle rose from the brute's chest as he heard her speak about secrets. His ears flicked back and forth once in a sheepish manner. She was right, of course. He should not have expected her to give him something for nothing. She'd stayed with him this long, even after he'd lost his temper. He still felt like he owed her an explanation for such an outburst. While he wasn't going to tell her EVERYTHING, he would explain why the heart had affected him in such a way.

The breeze generated from the beating of her wings tousled his mane, causing the white strand to piece apart into strands of chocolate brown. "Fair enough, Phaedra. Well, I've told you how my homeland was ruled by 6-12 gods, at least one representing each element, Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Space, and Metal. Our government was very different from what I've seen so far here. We were ruled by the absolute power and will of the gods. They were not as detached from our social ranks as the gods here seem to be. They acted as our Kings and Queens. Right beneath them was an emperor or an empress, or sometimes both. The emperor/-press was a master of the element they ruled over. They were often granted immortality so that like the gods, they would last forever. Unless they were banished, our government stayed much the same as it always had, mainly because the horses in charge never changed ranks because they never died. Which meant that, especially if the god or gods presiding over us were cruel of heart, a tyrant could stay in power for centuries on end."

"Beneath those emperors were the Leads of each herd land that the elemental land happened to have. Usually, the elemental land was divided into 6 areas ruled by a herd leader and his lead mare." Tio paused to look at her with a meaningful gaze. "My sovereignty only spread to the borders of my own herd's territory. That would not have changed if not for her." He spat the pronoun with as much venom as he could muster to express how much he hated the thought of that mare.

"Her name was Lust. She was a painted mare, black and white, very pretty and very stubborn. She manipulated me almost as well as I manipulated her. She infuriated me, but no matter how much I wanted to kill her sometimes, something always held me back. She grew confident in the knowledge that she could do whatever she wanted around me and even though our relationship wasn't perfect, for there were times when I... lost my temper, for lack of a better word." His eyes glinted with meaning as he remembered. The truth of the matter was, she got under his skin and he beat her into the ground for it on several occasions.

"In any case, I had not realized how deep her treachery ran. Being my lead mare was not enough for her, it seemed. She wanted the Burning Lake for herself. She sold me into slavery behind my back to the Emperor of the Water Lands. I was ambushed when I was on patrol and imprisoned within the swamps. When I escaped, she had completely reformed my land in her name and had erased every trace of my presence on the shores. My anger knew no bounds."

He broke off, looking at her. "I'll save you the gory details of what happened next. I did not kill her, because even then, my heart would not allow it, it seemed. Even so, by the time I was done with her, she knew the error of her ways. I don't know if my actions actually came to fruition, because I was swept off the island by a storm before she began to show pregnancy, but that is the complete story of Tio."

"As for the Burning Lake, the reason this pit reminded me of her, is because the territory I reigned over was a literal lake of burning flames several times the size of this pit. It took me 3 days to circumnavigate the entire thing, but there was only one spot where a small stream allowed for a sparse bit of grass to grow that would support a small herd. It wasn't the best place to live, but the burning lake was something like the heart of the Fire lands where I made my home. I took pride in having control of it, even if it was unsatisfactory horse territory."

He finished his story with a flick of his tail and a vibration of his withers, getting the flies gathering on his back to move. The sooty dun, who was covered in a light sheen of sweat because he was the closest to the ledge. He did not seem to be complaining, however. The beat of Phaedra's wings was relief enough, and besides, he was somewhat used to the heat. Not so much, because he was sweating, but still. "If you want the truth, the reason I desire power is more than just selfish need. I miss it. Being a leader, having lives depend on me, the responsibility that rested on my shoulders. The fact that I could be the only one who stood between the lives of the weak and my enemies. I would kill for the chance to prove myself once more. Not only to myself, but to everyone else."

"I'm getting older, I won't last for much longer, especially not on the war path that I have carved out for myself. It's a miracle I've lasted to see 12 winters come and go. My prime is fading. I just.... want to be someone that a mare like you can depend on. If I was tough of dictatorial in the past, it was because my superiors were cruel of mind and black of heart. I did what I had to do to protect the ones who followed me. I've always done that. Maybe I haven't wholly gotten out of the idea that my back is being whipped into a straight line by my higher-ups. Maybe I am cruel of mind and black of heart myself."

"I never said I was a perfect leader, or that everyone liked me." He admitted, in a broody tone.

For Phaedra, played by Aud
Thinking about Lust confuses him so much that he can get a little sappy without meaning to. xD He hated her outwardly, but she manipulated him so well that he fell in love with her and it broke him. :/
Also, sure, I guess? xD

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

Phae listed as Tio spoke, idly wondering why he was sharing so much with her. She had never really viewed herself as a good listener before; she wasn't the type of mare you opened up to, she was the type of mare you did other things to. The type of mare who helped you escape from your problems in the pleasures of the flesh, not recounted your life story with. Still, it wasn't as if she was uninterested in what Tio had to say, simply unaccustomed to it.

So she listened as he spoke of the God's of his previous home, and the hierarchy amongst them and the equines they rules over. Would it be better in Helovia, if the God's ruled more closely? The Earth God certainly seemed fair and kind, at least the two times she had interacted with him. As Tio spoke of Lust, Phae knew then that she was indeed being manipulated - the very fact that she had questioned her intuitions before, only showed how adept Tio in fact was. With a grimace, she learned of the feelings between them, and the bloody and malicious result. It surprised her to know that Tio let the mare live - solidifying Phae's intuition that the stallion really must have loved her, although the notion of his love was a frightening thing for the golden beauty to consider. This mare, Lust, seemed to be a mare after her own heart - yet even Phae didnt' believe she was good enough to take such a hold on a stallion like Tio. Maybe one day, should she quest for the darker magic that she had in mind, but not now.

I just...want to be someone a mare like you can depend on. As his speech became more political, Phae felt the need to alter the course of the conversation. She felt more sure now that she would tell The Grey of Tio's plans, she was growing less and less certain how she ought to handle the stallion, as a representative of the Grey. Deciding it best if the conversation swayed away from his grand plans, lest she was forced to commit to anything, she tossed her head, focusing her sea-green gaze on him. "Dependence isn't what I need stallions for, honey" She said with a silvery laugh, playfully brushing his shoulder with her wing.

They were almost at the veins now - Phae wondered if it wouldn't have been better in the long term for Tio to have continued through the Meadow, avoiding this place all together. If he had, Phae might never have heard this tale of Lust, and understood just how manipulative the stallion could be. She found herself being more wary around him, but at the same time trusting him more. He seemed open and transparent, for all of his manipulation. If anything, it seemed he was merely trying to win her over; by his comments and actions. Slowly, she found that this sort of attention was growing on her - was her view of herself really so wrong? Was she worth having as an ally? Previously she wouldn't have thought so but...Is this just more manipulation? Maybe so; but Phae found she was enjoying it.

Loon

Tio chuckled at her response. The sass sizzled a little and it amused him so. He continued to walk, noticing they were pulling away from the pit and travelling more southward. He nickered softly, wondering if they were reaching their destination. He flicked his ears towards her as they walked, the dun stud seemingly relaxed for the time being.

"Oh?" He asked, a flirty snort causing his nostrils to flutter. He looked her up and down again, wondering if she was in fact wanting him to perform. Make no mistake, he definitely could. In fact, the idea of having her between his front legs caused his pride to loosen once more. He smirked a bit. "Oh? Then what is it you need stallions for, hm?" Even as he asked, he knew the answer and he made it clear when he stopped and shifted to turn around.

The stud lowered his neck, feeling her rear leg with his nose, almost feeling her up with gentle nibbles. He lifted his head to double check that scent. His upper lip lifted off his teeth and he got a much stronger whiff of her hormones. He half-reared out of excitement for the scent was there. She had ridiculed him earlier for being blunt and asking her straight out if she wanted him to cover her. Perhaps he could try again, and be more successful for his diligence.

He turned his neck to look over his shoulder at her, one brow raised suggestively as he continued to use his mouth on her body, his teeth nibbling along her spine. All she had to do was say the word at this point. "Is this what you meant? Because I'm sure you have many, many stallions to go to for this." He nickered, his tone of voice suggestively persuasive. He wondered if she would be up for it after his spectacular social failure of before. He wouldn't know it, but the fact that she was wondering if she were still being manipulated was 100% correct. Tio had never stopped attempting to manipulate her into liking him and, so far, he was being greeted by the exact responses he had wanted in the first place.

It wasn't just the prospect of a quick distraction. It was everything that she had told him so far,. None of what she had said had been wasted on the stag. He'd listened to it all and had stored her information for future use. He would need it when he was mapping out a plan. She had been most useful to him so far and he saw no reason to send her off on her own yet. In the meantime, what was a small pit stop here and there to enjoy her pleasurable company? If she wanted to enjoy the sin of his flesh, then she would get what she desired with no complaints from the dun she had entangled into her tail this time. The only problem was, he had ensnared her into his tail as well, perhaps in a way more masterful than her own. Time would be the judge of that.

Phaedra, played by Aud
-eyebrow wiggle-

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

Phae nickered appreciatively as Tio's soft muzzle trailed up the back of her leg. It was a deliciously thrilling feeling, that left her wanting more. Although she knew how manipulative Tio surely was, and that each of them knew the other likely had a hidden agenda, she could help but let herself be enthralled by his attentiveness. He was so unlike the others who had pined for her in Helovia - there was Tolio who hadn't pined for her at all. Levi, who tried to sway her with sweet words, and Apollo who had naively captured her attention and adoration, but wasn't more than a blip on her sexual radar. Tio on the other hand, was a real stallion.

As he half-reared behind her, she crow-hopped playfully; bouncing her hind end into the air and flicking her tail in his direction flirtatiously. "Sugar, you know that's what I meant" She quipped, prancing forward, swaying her slender behind and envisioning his eyes watching her wantingly. As he referenced the many stallions who could satisfy her in this manner, she laughed brightly, again thinking of the men in her life. No, they all loved her; but none of them lusted after her. Phae was a flirt by nature, sure she manipulated men into falling in love with her, and protecting her - but deep down, all she wanted was to be wanted. While she was confident on the outside, Phae needed constant reassurance - she was a textbook case, really.

Just as Phae was about to make another sexually charged comment towards the stallion, she stopped dead in her tracks. Her tail, no longer flagging, dropped straight down, and her breath caught in her chest. "Oh my Gods..""I...I don't know what's become of it.." She said slowly, wondering what Tio would do now that their field trip to gain him magic, had ended before it began.

Phae felt oddly disappointed that likely she would now depart from the stallion. Despite the shock of seeing the Veins ruined, the burning sensation of desire was not completely gone from within her belly. And while she wasn't sure she would necessarily act on it, that didn't mean she wanted their time to be cut short, either. Sighing, she turned to let her gaze fall upon him once again, resigning herself that she ought to check back in with the Grey. Shrugging, she nudged his shoulder with her muzzle. "What now, sugar?"

Loon

Tio trotted after her, his excitement at a peek now. When she stopped dead he was collecting himself to rear up behind her but stopped when he heard the tone of her voice. His ears flicked forwards and he looked around her to stare at the desolation ahead. From her tone of voice he could tell something was wrong and while he had not completely forgotten the desire for sex that was burning within them both, he had the sense to be serious about this. The distraction could wait for now. He moved to stand beside her and, after sweeping his eyes across the horizon, turned his head to look her eye to eye while a sickly wind rustled his forelock and mane. The disturbance caused strands of his black mane to break the intensity of his gaze.

"I didn't ever actually think regaining my powers would be as easy as a simple journey to a shrine. What we do now is skip this step and go directly into setting the stage for the drums of war to sound. You will go to The Dragons Throat, and then to your Mercenary leaders. Tell them of my arrival, and warn them both of what I am capable of. Even if you know not the whole story... at least not quite yet you don't. I will return to the Threshold and gather up some followers, and then I will follow in your trail, to grant reality to the threat that the Dragons Throat herd is under. Threats, especially when they are real, usually cause tension. The sooner the Sultana is warned, the longer she will have to wait while I prepare my forces. In that time, her soldiers and the horses more experienced in battle will have tired themselves out with a mixture of stress and patrols."

"By the time I make my move, the enemy will be weakened and the battle will be much easier. You will not tell anyone of this plan. I will meet you with all the recruits I managed to scrounge up in the Thistle Meadow one week from now, and you will take me to meet your mercenary leaders. I will present my plan, and my offer of payment for their help, to them in person. I know it is a risk trusting you, a spy, with such a crucial mission. However, the success of my plan depends on your skills and all of what I have done up to this moment has been to assure that you will not fail me. I ask not for your loyalty, but for your help. If you truly wish to see me succeed, you will do as I request."

He turned away from the veins and began to walk away, stopping only when he remembered what he had been doing before. ".... But who says we must depart from each other right away?" He sighed and turned his neck to face her. The business being over meant that he could concentrate on the temptation of desire once more. Smirking lightly, he turned the rest of his body to approach her hindquarters and began again, sniffing and nibbling at her hind legs and around the hips, paying close attention to where he knew the soft spots were from sheer experience. He wondered, dared her, really, to be the kind of mare to talk business and then seal a deal with sex. He knew very well that he could get any mare to feel weak in the legs, and was confident that if she so desired it, so he could provide with flying colors.

That is, of course, if she was still in the mood for such an activity. As monstrous as Tio could be, he would not act unless she gave him the word.

Phaedra, played by Aud
heheheheh... Oh, Tio... you devilish little pimp. xD

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

Perhaps it was simply because her training as a spy wasn't that extensive - or perhaps she simply wasn't a very good spy at all - either way, his words shocked her. He wanted her to tell Kri and Ktulu? Why? Wouldn't the element of surprise be the strongest asset he could hope for? Kri was a formidable opponent, and if she knew that trouble was brewing, she would be all the harder to touch. Especially since she was recruiting new warriors every day. As for the Grey...She wasn't entirely sure how Ktulu would react to the news. Probably with a cold indifference; but even so, wasn't Tio making more trouble for himself than he needed to?

Then again.. She mused thoughtfully, flicking her golden ears forward, He probably knows I would warn them anyways... Perhaps his tactic was simply to tell her to do something that she was already going to do, so that she wouldn't need to betray him? Curious...She was impressed by his forethought, if nothing else. Nodding dutifully as he instructed her to reconvene with him at a later date, and bring him to the Grey in person, she felt somewhat pleased that regardless of the circumstances, that they had plans to see each other again.

"If you make these requests of me as a spy for The Grey, then my thoughts on your success don't matter." She quipped with a playful professionalism lacing her tones. Her eyes sparkled with a lustful light as she raised a brow. "Then again.." Taking a step closer, she locked her gaze to his. "Maybe I do want to see you succeed."

As he stepped towards her, she arched her next slightly, raising her tail and moving it to the side suggestively, though it was not completely out of the way. As he resumed nibbling at her hocks and thighs, a pleasurable sigh escaped her lips, as she leaned into his touches. Her mind went blank as a delicious heat began to slowly surface through her extremities. She wouldn't think of Tolio, or Levi, or Apollo...None of them had touched her like this, even if she did think that perhaps they wanted to. For a moment should thought of Levi, and how jealous she imagined him to be if he were to see the two of them together like this - Tolio wouldn't care, she was sure - but Levi..! She felt like out of them, only Tio truly understood her craving for physical attention; she was sure the stallion wouldn't fall head over heels in love with her, and indeed he had already called her out on her flirtatious behaviour. He was a stallion, and she was a mare - and right now, that's all there was to it.

Still, in the back of her mind she knew what a terrible idea it would be to get too heavily involved right now, especially after hearing about the tale of he and Lust, and the fact that befell her. Besides, she had work to do to put his little plan him motion. Enjoying his insistent nibbles for a few more moments, with a disappointed sigh, she lightly danced forward, spinning easily on her heels to face him again. Slinking close to him, she raised her muzzle, meaning to graze it along his cheek and finally to his ear. "We both have work to do, before there's time to play." She whispered, the sexual desire in her voice obvious, making her delicate tones sound course.

Backing up again for a few steps, she gazed at him with amusement and pleasure - her cheeks still coloured a pretty dusty pink. "1 week." She said softly, biting at her lip demurely, and flicking her tail to the side again. "Then we'll see if there's time for play."

Loon

One thing she should have learned about Tio in their time together was that he was not a faint stallion. He was a bold character. He saw what he wanted and had the drive and the cunning to get it. He wouldn't hesitate to take what was offered to him and as she moved towards him, commenting on her possible desire to see him succeed, he let out a soft, nickering chuckle. "I had hoped you would say that."

As she moved her tail to the side and melted into his affectionate nuzzles, the stallion wasted no time. He reared back and attempted to grip her sides with his forelegs, but she moved forwards forcing him to land and look at her with a questioning, almost disappointed look. He watched her step towards him, placing her muzzle against his cheek and then whispering into his ear in a sultry tone. "We both have work to do, before there's time to play." He snorted a little at the words and gave her a sharper look. She wasn't just going to get away from him now without anything happening between the two of them.

As she backed away, he followed her, a devilish smile on his face. Oh no you don't... get back here! He thought as he approached her, his excitement still poised for the act of desire. Rearing onto his back legs beside her, he rested his forelegs across her back and gently nipped her withers with his teeth. Swinging his hindquarters around he would snort into her mane, taking what he wanted and giving her exactly what he knew she wanted.

Panting slightly, he slid off her back when he was done and sniffed at her tail, taking note of the fact that his work was in fact finished. His heavy breathing calmed as his excitement ebbed and he moved up to press his nose against hers. "...One week." He repeated. With a light, exhilarated chuckle, the sooty stud broke away from her and began to trot off in the direction of where they'd come from, intent on returning to the Threshold. His mind, now that the distraction was out of the way, was entirely intent on finding new recruits for his purpose and he carried himself with pride, showing deliberation in each step. Part of this was because of pride, it was hard to compete with the feeling one got after successfully covering a mare, even if he knew not whether his spawn was finding it's beginning within her womb. Either way, he had work to do and he was totally focused on the tasks ahead now.

Phaedra, played by Aud
This thread is basically finished, but you can finish it up with Phae's response to what happened if you would like.

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

As he reared beside her, hooves falling onto her back, Phae grunted with the effort of holding his weight. As he nipped at her withers, she tossed her head lightly, half amused, and half annoyed. While she knew that Tio was a stallion who simply took the things he wanted (not that Phae disapproved, of course), did he not also know that waiting, was simply part of the game? As she felt his manliness bumping against her thighs, Phae spread her wings and pitched forward, easily dislodging him from her back. As his potential off-spring lay un-incubated on the ground, she flicked her golden tail towards his inquiring muzzle.

Turning her head for a moment, she smirked with a cruel playfulness, hoping to see a look of dissatisfaction across his masculine features. Flirtatious? Yes. Easy? No.

Nodding curtly as he agreed that they would indeed meet in a week, Phae trotted in the opposite direction; taking flight once she had gained enough speed. She would do as Tio requested - She would find Levi and ask him to take her to Kri, and would assemble the Grey and tell them of his plots as well.