the Rift

Stop Whimpering and man up? || Tolio

Angora Posts: 71
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15hh :: Died at 6yo Buff: NOVICE
Vallie
"Cinderelli Cinderelli, night and day Cinderelli!" She stopped dead in her tracks and flicked her head. What was she doing? Why had she recently been so emotional? It was love then hate. Sadness then joy. She continued walking then almost broke into tears. No.. No.. No.. Do not do it.. She pinned her ears back at herself, but got sad and perked them forward again. Blob of emotion.. She hated herself and wanted to toughen up.

She toughened herself off. She could smell a horse nearby. A stallion. She raised her head, closed her pale orbs, and took in a good and deep breath. He smelt like an easy target, but she couldn't see him. She made no move to tweak her persona and waited for this horse. She reopened her orbs and brought her cranium back down. Maybe this horse could be one she could have as a friend?

"Who the fuck is there?" Woah. That came out a lot harsher than she had expected and her hormones then softened her. "Did you hear me sing... It's bad I know, but it makes me feel good?" She just looked around. She felt watched. Who was this horse? Was it Loki? Had he kept his promise and come back?

She just continued to look around. She groaned and waiting. She just thought really. She didn't plot her plans or change her personality know. All she did was complain then become sad. Now she promised herself not to become an emotional blob. She was pregnant which brightened all her hormones, but it was also BirdSong which made her in heat. She propped her tail up and arched her head. She walked forward still intrigued by this mystery horse.

OOC: Crappy post sorry!

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit

Phaedra.

The name brings both a wave of immense love and sharp pain, knowing he had to leave her behind in order to protect her. And Zikar-Sin, the stallion he had found himself unexpectedly crushing on. How could his heart stand to lose the both of them? He kept telling himself it was for their own good, but it didn't stop the throbbing pain that resounded throughout the very marrow of his bones with every heartbeat. He had left the Grove, had left Phaedra. Now, he didn't care to even figure out where he was. It would be easy, but he simply couldn't care anymore. So when he heart singing, he was rather surprised. Before he could even think of walking towards the sound a harsh yell met his listeners. Asking who he was in a rather unfriendly manner, which wasn't so strange to him considering he lived in the Basin. You won't soon, his mind taunted him. Sighing he listened as she called out again, sounding unsure and rather emotional. Stepping forward he revealed himself, bloody chestnut bodice gleaming in the sunlight. Flickering up the ivory of his horn. Tall lean form moved towards her so she could see him completely. "If it makes you feel good, do not apologize for it. So long as it makes you happy, nobody has the right to judge you for it." He felt rather hypocritical saying that, as he couldn't do the same with his love. But he said it with a smile, showing he meant her no harm and came as a friend.

Two more steps before he stopped, a polite but friendly distance away from her. He didn't know her, but she seemed to be rather conflicted emotionally. He could understand that, considering his own situation, and sympathized with her. "I am Tolio. May I ask your name, Miss?" His mother had drilled into him the manners of a gentleman, and he smiled again as he asked her. You could win people with kindness, and encouraging those with foul mouths only let them win. Tolio saw no downside with being polite if she had done nothing wrong to him. He may be a soldier, but he became a completely different person off the battlefield. It happened in quite a lot of cases, though it seemed to be lacking in the Basin. They were as frigid as their homeland on and off the battlefield.

Deceased
Vallie
Out of the thin air.. basically, a chestnut stallion breaks into the view of her pale caramel colored orbs. His voice wasn't what she expected, but she never.. OK, she did judge people.. a lot. If it makes you feel good, do not apologize for it. So long as it makes you happy, nobody has the right to judge you for it. His voice was clear and easy to understand. She only gave a feeble nod and glanced away from him. She applied his words to her and Loki. She wanted to hide. She had urges to find Loki, she wanted to run too, but she most of all wanted to confront him. He had just left her there. He had said he'd see her later, but really? He wouldn't even be able to find her.

She smiled at this stranger that was named Tolio. That was an interesting name. "Hmmm, interesting. Tolio..." She repeated it and let it sink in. She just realized this horse had an elegant horn protruding out of his cranium. It was a brilliant pearly color. She had forgotten his question, but quickly answered it now. "Well, Tolio, I am Angora." She flicked her tail and continued the conversation. She would pick the flirting up now. "And, Tolio, your name sounds so, very, unique and quite, well awesome." She beamed at him. It was slightly stalkerish, but oh well.

"And may I ask why you are here? Do you not have a herd? A love? Friends?" She stopped bombarded him with questions and just stood patiently. Both of her ears were perked forward and she just looked him over and analyzed him. She took in his movements, body structure, body language, eyes, and colors. Yes, you could say she was interactive when her game was playing.

Deceased
Brit

All that came of his advice was a feeble nod of her crown. Tolio didn't mind, it was her decision whether or not to take his words to heart. He probably wasn't one to be giving out advice, considering his own past and even current experiences. Her smile seemed to come out in response to his own, that remained in a rather silly manner on his face. He wasn't one to be very manly, Phaedra was really the only one who could bring that side out of him. The thought made his heart ache. She really was the exception, the only one who could change him the way she did. He hated to think of her, for it hurt so badly, but he loved her too much to let her go completely from his mind.

His name rolled off her tongue, contemplating the dips of his title through speech. Though Tolio didn't see how his name could be 'interesting'. When she gave her own though he could see that hers, too, was interesting. "Pleasure to meet you, Angora." Crown dipped slightly and he smiled at her genuinely. Words caught him off guard and he stared at her in confusion. What in the world? Her tone, it seemed familiar, but he just couldn't place it. It reminded him of Phaedra somehow, but it just wouldn't fit. So he just shrugged internally and smiled obliviously at her. "Thank you, Angora. Your name is quite pleasant on the tongue as well." Not sure what she was insinuating, though he felt he was missing something.

Tolio was grateful that the flinch he felt inside his mind did not transfer to his body physically. Somehow, impossibly, he managed to keep a calm smile and not show that her questions had just crushed his insides. "I do have a herd, though I do not have a love. I am merely wandering, getting space for my thoughts." It made his heart shrivel and die to say that he did not have a love. Phaedra and Zikar-Sin passed through his mind and made his knees weak, made him want to cry, but he remained strong.

Deceased
Vallie
He dipped his cranium and shot a compliment back. If it was false or not she didn't care. It only mattered what it was at the end. Thank you, Angora. Your name is quite pleasant on the tongue as well. I know... "Thanks Tolio." Her lips murmured. What he said shocked her. No love or herd? Well, come to think of it Loki was the closest thing to love and she just couldn't though. It was like he was blocked off and had taken parts of her. "If it makes you feel any better, I am too. I do not have a love directly and no herd. I think everything will happen with time. I wish I had someone to be friends with, but everyone is SO annoying..." She glanced around.

"Tolio, can I ask you, what is holding you back from those things?" She knew what was holding her back. She was fat, but not fat, fat. She was pregnant with a who knows what and that scared her. She hated the feeling of not knowing. The sire, Loki, had been a unipeg, and she was an equine, so there theoretically was a chance of a hybrid or twins.

What ever she had done with him seemed so wrong. It seemed so vile and tainted. Never the less, she wasn't sour right now. "Well Handsome, at least you aren't alone." She tried to grip her flirty behavior and enhance it. She could sense she had to be careful with this one. He seemed on the verge of crying, and exploding from happiness. She did have manners though, and she wasn't a caveman...

OOC: Really crappy right now.

Deceased
Brit

It's easy enough for the mare to thank him, and Tolio responds to it physically over verbally, shy almost mischievous grin coming to white lips. She seems a decent enough person, and therefore provides rather good company. Angora, whether she knew it or not, was also providing him with a distraction from the abyss of thoughts and horrors that lingered in his mind. Listeners moved to catch the flow of her words, mercury irises concentrated upon her feminine face. Soft giggle escaped him when she admitted to finding most annoying, head nodding in a mildly agreeing manner. "It's true, I'm afraid. Many are shallow or hope only to gain more ground for themselves..." snow flickered in vision that was nowhere near the winter lands at her next words. Handsome white blue eyes faded into mind's eye, lean black bodice and awkward adorable responses. Zikar-Sin...I wish you had never met me... Heart squeezed in his ribcage. The lovable, awkward soul would inevitably be drawn down into the flames as Tolio burned to ashes for sake of love and desperation. He did not deserve to burn with him, and Tolio would not let him. Lids fell closed tightly, pain drawing over his face. "It is...complicated, Angora. It is a tale of forbidden love, sacrifice, and bad decisions. We all have our skeletons, and mine is kept beneath my skin. I can't shove it away into my mind, for I am my own skeleton. Wherever I go, Angora, I burn. I hurt. Never have I had bad intentions and yet, I seem to draw innocent souls into situations that will harm them. It is easy for me to believe that the Gods have willed me to never love without loss or another chunk being taken from the remainders of my heart. Love is a dangerous thing, and I seem to dance along the flames far too often. Every time I get burned, scars and wounds that will never appear on mortal hide. Love is tricky, and beautiful, but I am meant to never taste its sweet essence." It killed him to say it, and face was pained and hard by the time he had finished. Tolio felt so old, so weary. When was the last time he had laughed? Hadn't felt like the world rested on his shoulders? When was the last time he had felt free, simply enjoyed being crazy and mischievous like he normally was? Had he truly changed so much? He managed a smile and a soft giggle as she spoke again, in that same tone he didn't understand and couldn't place. "Seems I'm not, sug. So what is your story? Being vague suits me, if you wish to follow my lead of course," he urged, wondering what it was that kept her from love. Angora had said she believed it came in time, but was she truthful? Or was it something she tried to believe in to hide the depth and pain of something far worse?

Deceased
Vallie
It is...complicated, Angora. It is a tale of forbidden love, sacrifice, and bad decisions. We all have our skeletons, and mine is kept beneath my skin. He sounded slightly feminine to her. His bloody red coat was admired by her pale orbs. She wanted a cool coat too! He seemed to be put together so well, but had a faulty base. Something about this stallion worried her. Something about this place felt right, as if she had been here a long time ago... but things didn't look the same now. Her eyes looked more of an gold today than her normal caramel. She threw her cranium high and just let loose. After she had flicked her head, it came down into a nearly perfect arch. She made no move to tighten her muscles. She thought she should be feminine with this one. He seemed different.

Angora looked and picked with her eyes way across the red and green dotted land with the care of a valuable in her mere clutches. Ever since her visits to the Veins, gathering information had become more than just a hobby for her, it was practically a profession. She lies and cheats her way around the ranks to the top, and so she would. It had taken some time, but she'd mapped out a full plan to impress the him, and with any luck she could walk out of it clean and splendor and more powerful than ever. Well, clean in one sense, and by that, not pregnant. She seemed to always be in trouble with the ebony stallion, but with this blood colored one? She felt safe and needed to take risks. With Tolio she has to jump off of the balcony, but with others she has to hide from the balcony.

It was not her ears that whispered this. It was her dark lips that formed the words. "What has you hung, Babe." It was not her flaring nostrils that teased the stranger's aroma into her consciousness. Not even her shoulders sagged with the weight of his eyesight upon her. It was none of these, spectacular, acute senses which should be on constant alert that foretold his coming. She had meet many now. She wanted one other than that clingy stallion in the threshold. He wasn't her type in any manner at all. Her quiet lips smiled. She stretched her muzzle close to his. She was wild in every way, and most stallions craved that, but it seemed to have no impact on him. She needed to step her game up or risk losing this catch. "Babe.." Her muzzle still out stretched to his. Her pale orbs glanced at his innocently and lovingly. Fake, but irrelevant until later. "...I want you.." Haha, no she really didn't, but that didn't show at all. There was a deep, fake, passion and desire in her eyes. She conveyed most of her emotion through her orbs. It was a gateway.

Deceased
Vallie
Permission to use magic?

Deceased
Brit

Brain couldn’t comprehend why she was acting as she did, neck arching and mane falling over her aureate canvas. It was almost as if she was displaying something, what it was he didn’t know. It was nearly frustrating, this naivety he was stuck with. What was it she wanted? Was that it? That she desired something from him? He had no idea what he could possibly give to her, if that was the case. She seemed so strange to him, acting the way she did and carrying on. Tolio wished she would just say whatever it was that was on her mind and stop confusing him, because it wasn’t very helpful the way she was being so impossible to handle. It was almost frustrating, for he felt as if she were speaking a language through her body, one that he couldn’t decipher and had never heard before. What was wrong with women?! Why couldn’t they just be straightforward? Everything had to be so complicated with them! See, this is exactly why he was gay!

Her gaze moved away from him and he breathed an internal sigh of relief. Gods he was so lost. Might as well collect himself and return to his thoughts while she did the same. He wanted to simply disappear. Phaedra practically hated him, leaving the way she did despite his own pain in saying what he’d had to. Damn her, then. If she wanted to be childish, thinking this didn’t hurt me too, then let her leave! It was not in the least true, of course. He still loved her, but they’d broken each other’s hearts enough to leave the both of them bitter. Tolio was doomed for love and he knew it. Why did he even try? It was foolish for him to think he could mean something to someone. Much less find someone else who was gay, despite his unnerving crush on a Basin stallion. Give it up, Tolio. You’re not going to go far. Chest ached from the pain of that thought. He was stuck, unmoving. How had it come to this? He had entered Helovia expecting a simple life with a partner at his side, and instead he’d been kicked around and crushed repeatedly. Life wasn’t as he’d expected.

Angora turned once more and silver blue eyes moved to find her visage in return. ”What has you hung, babe.” What? Hung? Confusion was clear on his face and he stared at her funny. Uncomprehending. Muzzle reached out to him and, not wanting to offend her, he returned the gesture in a completely friendly way before retreating. Not wanting to linger long, a bit uncomfortable with her sudden advances. Gaze was soft, almost adoring, and his own were wide and shocked. What in the world…? He longed for Faelene to be there, to explain this to him, or even Phaedra if he had to. Mares. What the hell. ”…I want you…” Tolio jerked back as if stung, taking a step back and giggling nervously, eyes darting around them. ”U-Uh…Miss Angora…I don’t think you understand…” Awkwardly looking at her, head raised and tilted away from her, nervous grin matching the unsteady laughter. ”I don’t prefer the company of mares, if you will,” hoping to Gods she got the hint and he didn’t have to just throw it in her face, trying to let her down easy.

[OOC: Permission granted for magic use]

Deceased
Vallie
"U-Uh…Miss Angora…I don’t think you understand… I don’t prefer the company of mares, if you will." Wow. "Ok... Well that is shocking, Tolio." She could never imagine liking a mare. They were vile tainted creatures that could be filed out and glossed, but they'd still be that horrible itch that she couldn't reach. "I don't think you understand, Tolio." Her lust magic floated to him and encased him. She knew her magic was working. Lust for her. This was the first time she hadn't used love, and she wanted to see where it would take her. "Tolio, I love you. I love you... I love you a lot." She repeated it as she let the magic sink in. Lying to him was so effortlessly easy. Nothing bad would happen. She could make him melt in her or another's presence. Before she left she would make him love and lust for Loki. That would teach him a lesson. Yea, be gay around me.. Smart decision Tolio. She almost chuckled at her ironically sarcastic thoughts. However, she didn't want the sarcasm dripping into her words.

The magic should be in him now. "Tolio, do you love me? Do you want me like I want you?" He would always be easy to manipulate. He was gay. He was gay... Mares like guys. He resembled a mare. Perhaps she could make him Bi? No, she couldn't change a horses orientation. There were limits on her magic and how she could place it on horses or things. "I know you like males, but aren't I much better than cocky stallions? I understand you Tolio. I understand what you are dealing with." She hoped that would swipe his confused look off of his face. "If I didn't love you Sugar, would I be telling you I love you?" Some severe flirting was happening here.

OOC: CRAPPPYYY! :(

Deceased
Brit

Something about Angora had been off since I’d encountered her, but now I was getting a vibe from her that I really, really didn’t like. She didn’t react to my revelation as I had hoped, wanting her to back off and stop confusing me so deeply. ”I don’t think you understand, Tolio,” she says, and my guard is slamming up around me. Crimson ears pinned against my skull and I shied away as I felt the thrum of magic, so familiar from my experiences in the Basin. My mind was changing, warping, and I bared my teeth at the bitch; snow streaked plume slapped against my hocks. Eyes promising pain once this was over, for she wouldn’t get away with this. I fought as hard as I could, struggling with the magic I couldn’t get a hold over. Everything was going a bit colorful as if I wasn’t breathing, and idly I wondered if I even was. Angora’s words melted over me like warm honey and I found every muscle relaxing, stance straightening and face relaxing. Bloody listeners flicked forward as if desperate to capture every word she spoke, feeling myself move closer. It was like I was watching myself, unable to control my actions but still conscious of what was happening. Bodice heated slowly, as if uncomfortably warm. I’d never really felt lust before, only love, and it made me uncomfortable and achy. Blue frosted silver irises watched her, seductive grin feeling out of place on my face as I smiled. It was as if her appeal had tripled within seconds, and still I was screaming at myself and struggling from where I still had conscious thought. It was useless, and I was disgusted by the rancid bitch standing before me. Who the fuck had this kind of magic? Was she really so desperate to be bred? I believed in true love, and she was a home wrecker. Bitch, my mind hissed out, in a completely gay fashion that only made me hate her more. I normally was always a gentleman but once I regained my senses she was getting her head knocked in. What underhanded behavior.

”Of course you’re better Angora,” I found myself crooning. I wanted to ram my own horn through my chest. Multiple times. One more step closer and my snowy maw reached out to ghost over hers, flirting. A phantom of a touch, enticing her to either continue speaking or join in on my play. Inside, I was screaming. I love Phaedra and Zikar-Sin, not this wench! I would sooner cut off everything that made me a man than breed with her! She had been civil, kind enough when we had been simply conversing. In fact, I had wanted quite badly for us to be friends. But not anymore. She had bombed, burned, and disintegrated that bridge quite efficiently. I was not a toy, and I wished to break a foreleg and leave her damaged. It shocked me to have such violent thoughts, but it was a pure and raw anger. How dare she do this to me? It was dirty and disgusting, an invasion not only of privacy but of mind. Even so I moved closer and brushed my tail against her foreleg, winking at her. I didn’t know I had such seduction within me, and almost felt flustered at how I acted whether it was in my control or not. I slammed back against the barrier around me, as if she’d efficiently trapped me inside my own mind. My face faltered momentarily as I gained a bit of ground, anger flashing for a brief moment on my visage before the magic took hold once more. Encouraged, I fought it harder, and hoped to god nothing happened between her and this puppet of myself.

Deceased
Vallie
Her magic worked, then didn't, then did. She felt guilty and it was an unusual encounter for her to feel so. She coked her head low and tucked it in. "Sorry." She peeped the words and flicked her tail. It was all him now. No magic. She tucked her tail close to her body like a scared hound. He pinned his ears and bared his teeth, but only after he shied away. "I didn't know." Didn't know what? That he'd act like that? Yea, she should have realized some horses didn't like magic being thrummed onto them.

Gold fibers seemed to dull and milk chocolate orbs faltered and winced. She wasn't a monster. It was her personality. Well, maybe she was a monster. No, she was. And ashamed she also skittered a few steps away in an awkward motion. Iron hard hooves dug into the ground, and muscles tensed. Tears welled behind her eyes and she realized she was a terrible person, but this 'Tolio' wasn't stopping her. She wanted to duck and cover. Gallop off. She wanted to leave, but instinct told her to stay.

Shocks of hopelessness washed over her gorgeous gold coat. She glanced at him with her eyes. He seemed drawn to her, and she liked that very much, but it was wrong and this magic was a lot for her to take on. This was the first time she had used this magic. "I am not better Babe." Eh, it was a habitat calling everyone words of sugar-coated honey. "I am worse. Just tell me and I will get out of your sight." For now because she wasn't done with him. She hated being ashamed of herself so it put in him in his own unique category of 'I hate you, but I still want to seduce you.' Maybe later they could have a frenimiy friendship. Her moody emotional self was irrational and she hated being a mare, but if she was a stallion, she would like males, just like Tolio does. It was so wrong for her to try to change his orientation, but then again doesn't everyone love and hate different and same genders?

Deceased
Brit

The magic is gone and he is left spinning, dazed. The anger is in full swing and he’s never wanted to fight someone as badly as he does Angora. He has taken on multiple mares, and doesn’t believe in the idea of stallions refusing to fight the other gender. In those few moments of freedom from her magic he is preparing himself, because he is so impossibly angry that she dared to control him with such sick immortal gifts. Who was so full of themselves that they wanted to make anyone they wanted fall in fake love with them? More than making him angry, it made him feel wrong and out of place in his skin. Such lustful emotions, he’d never felt them before. Despite many males thinking gays were tainted and lusted after every straight stallion alive, it wasn’t true. Tolio was surprisingly innocent and, even with Phaedra in the Grove, had been driven purely by instinct and raw love. Lust had never consumed him, and it made him feel wrong and weak.

Even so as she skitters back, submissive and ashamed, he cannot be angry. After all, who is he to judge her? People work magic in various ways, with or without gifts of the gods. Psyche had driven him to a type of schizophrenia without ever delving into magic. Angora looks so crestfallen that he can’t help but grudgingly forgive her. It’s not something he wants to do, but being angry isn’t going to help things either. The tears make him sigh, and he knows he won’t yell. He wants to, more than anything, but he is held back. She clearly understands that what she did was wrong, or she’s a fucking fabulous actor. Either way Tolio is swayed. ”I’m not going to order you away, Angora,” he sighed. Might as well stop her from leaving first or else she’d never stick around to hear him out. He didn’t know if he wanted her gone or not yet. ”It’s…it’s wrong for me to feel that way, understand? I’ve never felt such…dirty emotions, and you putting them inside me when it’s fake is what makes me angry. It makes me feel wrong and tainted, especially because I’m gay!”

And god why the hell can’t people understand that?! It seemed everywhere he turned there was some new mare trying to mess with him, and he kept getting dragged into their hormonal and emotional messes. For gods sake he was GAY! Gay gay gay! What the hell was it that lingered inside him that drew in so many unstable women?! He never once asked for them to flounce on him! He wanted a confident stallion that could make him swoon and instead he gets stuck with girls that seem hell bent on making him switch over to the straight side. It was actually rather scary once he got over the annoyance. ”So just…don’t do that. Ever. Go seduce as many straight stallions as you want, but I’m not your chewtoy. I like big hunky men, thank you,” he stated rather boldly, but a playful smile was weak on his lips. Tolio didn’t want her to be upset so he tried to make her laugh instead.

Deceased
Vallie
She just stood.During his whole mini-speech. She pondered for a moment and thoughts swirled her mind. Her honey coat shaggy and shedding. Pale chocolate orbs glanced at him before quickly looking away. Without taking one more look she just stood. Silence boring onto their conversation. He wasn't funny.. at least not to her. Then, when she realized he had just been kidding she tossed him an obviously fake, but not seductive laugh. Not even a full laugh, but more like more air exiting her lips. What Angora couldn't figure out was when he said it wasn't him. Stallions are straight. Some bisexual, like herself, but rarely. Why had he been completely gay? What was so enticing about stallions?

"Tolio, no." She said it with true feeling she meant one thing this time. No. She was leaving. She flicked her tail one last time and lust to stay floated to his apple colored fibers. The magic was delicately effective and would most likely not fail. What had she asked for her magic to do? To make him lust to stay in that one spot until she was gone. "Good bye, gay, Tolio." Maybe she understood it now, but she wouldn't be having any gay friends. She turned softly and gave him the quickest of glances then cantered with lethal accuracy. The magic leaving him and floated back to Angora's will. Maybe later they could meet up and get things straight, but not now. She didn't care how he felt after she left. He was free now and that was all that mattered. At least this time, her magic was used for good. Angora was not good news and using her magic to make him stay until she was gone was nice of the mare to do.

OOC: I thought I'd end this, but if you'd like you can throw another Tolio post out if it pleases him.