the Rift

a place for me to call .H o m e. [Open/Joining]

Tisco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I trot along, my lungs pulling and pushing air in and out. The colder climate of the Edge suited me, and as I gazed along the line of trees I felt a tugging at my heart. Was this the land I was finally looking for? A place to call home? I had better go deeper to see if I truly wanted to live out my life here.

As I walk deeper into the trees scattered in the Edge, I know this place is right for me. A devious little smile curves along my lips, and I walk forwards more. Now I wonder if there are horses with storm magic residing here. Guess I'll have to find out. I glance around, scanning the area for any horses that belong to this herd.

After standing there for a bit I bunch my muscles together and release as I launch myself forward, cantering a bit. I seem to speed up quick, I skid to a halt after cantering for a little while. My breaths are heavy and quick. I toss my head a bit, pawing the earth. Now I was energized. With a grunt I put my left leg out and walk forward a few steps, whispering."Anyone there?" Only silence answers me, and I lower my head a little bit, sniffing the ground. A simple scent of wood. Nothing more nothing less.

I walk a bit longer, my black muzzle kept out before me and my solid black hooves hitting the frost ground with a soft thunk. I had heard many rumors that this land had once been filled with only unicorns. Until another herd invaded the land, kicking the horned brutes out. I close my eyes and try to picture what the battlefield would look like. Although I had never been in battle before, I can imagine that there would be screaming horses and the snow would be dyed red with blood. As this thought passes through my mind I shiver, opening my eyes. I decide not to think about this and push it from my mind, staying where I am.

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

A deep, rumbling growl seemed to vibrate through the very ground. It came from a cave, a hole in the ground that did not look large enough for a horse to fit in. But a lizard the size of a horse, far more flexible and muscular, could crawl into this hole, hide, and hear all that went on nearby. The growling rumbled up through the undergrowth, growls of a dragon.

A golden head appeared from the cave, soon followed by the sinewy, sparkling hide of the WeyrLeader. A snarl was upon her draconic face, one triggered by the fact that a stranger had happily waltzed into her homeland without so much of a hesitation at the borders. Why do some think they are entitled to walk upon private lands when they have done little more than happen upon them. Is the scent of the realm not clear? The scents of the nearby guards?

Domineering and critical, she looked for the intruder, nostrils flaring, an ashen trail of smoke rising into the air above them. Akaith, a miniature version of the WeyrLeader in this bodice, flew above, chirruping angrily at the intruder, unafraid to show him her annoyance. Mirage stood, her long, serpentine nape arched, her scales bristled, her tail swaying to and fro with anxious irritation.

"Do you often waltz across the borders of herdlands?" The deep, draconic voice hummed, with a low growl accenting the words. Wings flourished at her sides, the dazzling, glittering scales shimmering even in the light that was dappled by the canopy above.

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Tisco Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I freeze up. D-d-dragon. I spot the golden lizard and wish to run, my face showed fear but before the dragon could see I put a serious face on. This herd accepts dragons too? That's crazy! I point my black muzzle towards the dragon and watch. When it asks why I come here I speak with a serious tone, my voice directed at the dragon."No. It is just, I was trying to find the heard that inhabited these lands. I wish to speak to their leader, since I'm interested in joining this herd. I'm quite sorry for intruding." My blue eyes settle on the golden scales of the dragon, each scale glimmered in the sun.

I stare at the dragon, noticing another dragon is there, this one smaller and looks more like a dragon companion. I look back at the larger dragon, somewhat confused on how this all works. My brain begins to hurt as I try to figure it out, so I stop. No use anyway. As I brush through my memory to see if I know anything more about dragons, I see the memories of my dear prince. My heart sinks, and my body freezes. I thought I got rid of these stupid memories, or at least tried to push them away! I push these memories farther back, letting them sit there.

I return to reality, still standing in the frozen Edge, waiting for the dragon to speak. Or, dragonness as I should say. My teeth are clenched and my heart is beating a bit faster now. Is she gonna eat me or burn me with fire? Please let it be neither! I'm already in a worse enough shape! I feel the bruises and small scratches from Midas' sand sting a bit as I think about it, and remember I made a promise to him. I guess I'll have to find some one later. I glance back up, staring into the dragonness' eyes. They seemed to paralyze me in fear. How this was possible I had no idea, it just did. I let my blue eyes drift down to the ground, still waiting.

[[So sorry this is late! ^^;]]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

The dragon watched this steed with sharp curiosity. What was it he was seeking, so far deep within the realm? Mirage scoffed inwardly, disbelief evident, for even his excuse was pathetic; he should have hailed attention from the borders, borders that were regularly patrolled, borders where he could have politely raised and addressed his every want and desire. But no, he had decided to waltz right through the borders, to make a fuss, to stir trouble, to annoy the very leader he sought the company of. He wanted acceptance? Did he even understand what that meant? To join the World's Edge herd was to join a family, to swear to protect, to serve, to honour, to pledge oneself wholly and completely to a cause that united them. Balance was what Mirage strived for, and for the balance of the realm to be maintained, she needed her kin to be intelligent, respectful souls - not blithering idiots crossing lines with oblivious ignorance as their excuse.

She observed him quivering on the spot, she spotted the fear he tried to conceal - who wouldn't be afraid? She was a very real predator, her claws were quite capable of ripping open his bay hide, her teeth more than apt to clench upon his throat until breathes stopped flowing through his airways. He looked away then, staring down at his feet, overcome with, what? It piqued the leader's interest, at least slightly, enough so that she wasn't filled with an overwhelming desire to burn him up where he stood anymore. With her strong claws she massaged the earth below her, softening it, and cleaning the scales that lines her feet at the same time. It was therapeutic, calming, and with the aid of the smaller queen sitting atop her back, she reassessed the situation she had been presented with. A potential recruit? She was sceptical still, but willing to curb her prejudice to allow for further knowledge to be gained. Hopefully this stallion's first impressions would not have a lasting effect.

"And why would you want to join the World's Edge?"

larfsalot.deviantart.com