the Rift

this is the land I live within[Valjean, Psyche, Open]

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

Frost Fyre
You Can Never be Too Young

As I lead Valjean into the colder land that I call home my thoughts wander far and wide. What will Lady Psyche think when she sees who I brought home? Will she like him? I hope she does! My energy was immense, and my little cloven hooves made small little prints in the permafrost as I walked towards the Basin with Valjean, the stallion I had met in the Threshold.

As my little roan body moves along quickly I glance back, making sure Valjean is behind me. When I catch the scent of home I almost tear up. I hadn't been back here in ages, I had been out and about exploring the land. But now here I was, returning from my travels.

I keep my little green emeralds focused on the snowy white ground, until, we reach home."Welcome to the Aurora Basin, Valjean!" I squeak with delight. My breath appears as smoke, vanishing into the open air. I keep my next few steps short and quick, stopping to let Valjean take in the scene."Hopefully Lady Psyche grants you a place in the herd!" My little black lips curled up into a sweet smile, and I look at Valjean, waiting for any words to slip from his lips.

I myself look at the Basin, admiring the smell and the sight. I had been born here, this was my home. The one place I could always go to. Where I could trust everyone. This was the place where I would be spending the rest of my life. Or so I hoped anyway. Somethings could go haywire and the Basin could be taken over by some one, or the gods could become angered and strike us all down. I shiver a bit, trying to push my thoughts back into the deepest corners of my mind.

I return from my sea of thoughts, looking at the towering black giant, waiting for him to answer me. My emerald eyes focused on his build. I was light and lithe, and built for speed and endurance, this guy was clearly built for strength. I stare at him, admiring his horn too. Two horns of solid bone, loosely intertwined, unlike my currently growing horn. A delicate and sharp white crystal that's smooth and is starting to curve back grows from my forehead. I stop and turn back to the Basin, staring deeply into the snowy scape, keeping my ears towards Valjean, still waiting on his reply.

"Chatting with others."
Thinking up her moves
Putting her moves to work

Valjean Posts: 10
Banned
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 8
Daisy

The land shifts from greenery and warmth to frosty and cold as I follow the little foal,humming a slight tune as I drank in the new sights and smells of the Basin. It seems darker,more mysterious then where I come from but,alas,I was not from the poor side of Pardisa. I cringe thinking of that one night I traveled there. It was like this land,plain, but instead of it being colder then other lands it was on a whole new level of warmth and anyway,the one's from here did not seem to be starving. The lingering smell of Unicorns hangs around,totally out numbering that of Equines and Pegasus's. In fact it was like there wasn't any Equines or Pegasus's here. Maybe this just isn't there sort of thing? Though,to be honest,I wasn't exactly keen on the land either.

Welcome to the Aurora Basin, Valjean! I smile,her voice bringing my ears to prick up. Hopefully Lady Psyche grants you a place in the herd! Psyche. The name rung in my ears as I guess she was boss around here. Her name made me curious to know her as it was so different to names I have heard before. I black body shifts so that one hoof is resting on the ground as I focus my purple jems on Frost Fyre. "I hope she will accept me to. What is she like?" I picture a mare in my head,of course,Unicorn,most likely,kind,brave,all things a leader should be. Well of course they don't all have to be Unicorns,only a racist idiot would think that.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

It would be a lie to say that the young Frost Fyre frequented the shadow-mare's thoughts, but on this day, the filly had a place in the forefront of her mind. The mother, what was her name - Leah? No... Leyra. - was useless, not a supremacist bone in her body. Had she the option, the Lady would have accepted the foal and not the brood, but alas, all children need their mothers. Still, the youngling showed great promise, holding a bud of racism in her innocent little mind. With the right tweaking, the right coaxing, it may well bloom, lending her yet another follower...

The afternoon is fair, and quite warm for this far north. Trees, all evergreens, dot the landscape. The hot spring stretches in its small ellipse, but in this warmth, no mist rises from its surface. Still, should one choose to step into its depths, they will be met with the same temperatures as always. The mountains, too, rarely change; at their tips, they are a brilliant ivory, reflecting the sun's light, and at their base, they are the craggy brown-grey of rock. The caves are shadowed, as they always are, and in their depths there is still the chill of winter. One had only to seek it out.

The shadow-mare is ranging today, trotting easily along the base of the mountains along the perimeter of her land. She nears the pass with boredom, not expecting anyone of interest. After all, the majority of her herd was here, and she was unaware of any who would be out scouting and recruiting, and so it is a surprise when she comes upon the young Frost Fyre and a new companion. Keen amber orbs size him up as she comes steadily closer, halting before the odd pair. A set of horns, spiraling loosely around one another, earns her immediate approval; a strong, black bodice with purple points furthers this conclusion.

When she greets them, her voice is almost warm, but still it holds that faint hint of poison that is her trademark. "Frost Fyre, darling, welcome home, though I might consider bringing a friend next time you wander, were I you. Wouldn't want your mother to worry, now, would we?" A smile to the filly, conveying that she is pleased despite her warning. "But I fear I am being impolite. Greetings, stranger. My name is Psyche the Dark Empress, the Lady of the Basin. Is is a home that our Frost has promised you?"

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Frost Fyre
You Can Never be Too Young

I smile, watching Valjean take in the sights of the Basin. I open my small mouth, answering his question."Lady Psyche is a wonderful leader! Although when you get on her bad side, well... you don't want to get on her bad side! She's very kind and strong, very brave too. She's my idol! I wish to grow up just like her!" I keep my smile, bright emeralds stared at the black giant.

Speak of the devil. I watch as Lady Psyche comes. Her amber eyes stare at me and then to Valjean. I swallow hard, hoping she accepts him. Lady Psyche opens her mouth, directing words towards me.

"Frost Fyre, darling, welcome home, though I might consider bringing a friend next time you wander, were I you. Wouldn't want your mother to worry, now, would we?"

Was that a smile I saw creep onto her lips? I feel over joyed, I would jump around but these are serious matters. Psyche probably frowned upon childish behavior."I'm sorry Lady Psyche, please forgive me. My mother probably wouldn't worry. She doesn't really want me clinging to her side anymore." Once my last word has slipped out I bow my head in thanks, my black lips form into a smile as well. Psyche was like a second mother to me, one that acted a bit more motherly than even my own mother. But Psyche was not done speaking yet. I lift my head, listening to her next words. These words were spoken towards Valjean this time.

"But I fear I am being impolite. Greetings, stranger. My name is Psyche the Dark Empress, the Lady of the Basin. Is is a home that our Frost has promised you?"

I quickly open my black lips and words stream out quickly. "I never really promised him a home, I just told him hopefully Lady Psyche accepts him." I close my lips, hoping that wasn't rude of me to speak out when it wasn't my turn. I needed to hit my head on a rock right now. But I would look pretty stupid, that and my little horn would surely break. I straighten up and wait in silence for Valjean or Psyche to speak.

"Chatting with others."
Thinking up her moves
Putting her moves to work

Valjean Posts: 10
Banned
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 8
Daisy

I listen closely,a grin stuck to my face as Frost expressed her love for her leader. She sound wonderful,I must agree except for the temper I interpreted from you don't want to get on her bad side. Well,I supposed no one wanted to get on the bad side of others; Except those who purposely went out there way to annoying others. I hated those like that. A dark voice then floods my ears and,although it is kind,it still holds something else in her tone. The dark Unicorn steps out, addressing the foal mainly.

I shake my head a little,dipping my head slightly but not completely as I normally would,there was something about her I wasn't to sure about. is a home that our Frost has promised you? I open my mouth to speak but the little foal beats me to it and so I quickly shut my mouth as it returns to it's smiling state. My purple orbs are fixed on the onyx mare as I shift my weight to the side,resting my back left hoof folded on the ground,waiting to speak,my thoughts drifting of slightly.

I wonder what the others around here are like? Were they as out going and sweet as Frost Frye,or as mysterious as there dark leader Psyche? If I was to be honest,i'd rather them be like Frost frye for she had a much nicer approach but not everyone gets what they want,do they? Returning my attention back to the two my jaw opens and this time,words can come out,along with a sight chuckle. "Pleasure to meet you Psyche. I am Valjean." I lift my muzzle up slightly,looking round the land,not interested in how it looked but trying to look interested in the land. "Nice land you have hear. Im guessing the Unicorns,Equines and Pegasus are just as nice?" I say with a slight grin,trying to add a bit more of a lighter tone in Psyche's voice. Well,hoping it would take away the 'other' tone away anyway.

[Sorry bad post:p]

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The shadow-mare listened as the youngling explained her mother's disinterest. It would make sense, then, that the filly was off on her own. And why shouldn't she be? She was growing, anyone could tell that. The shy flicka that he accompanied Leyra into the Basin was no more; in her place stood a confident, loyal follower. Perhaps this was a cold way to think about the youngling, but it was how she thought of many of her followers, in terms of usefulness and allegiance. If they were not loyal, if they did not share her beliefs, then what use were they, really? And yet, she had a hard time turning even those outside the Plague away.

When she had arrived in this land, her band of followers behind her, the Time God had extracted the promise that they would remain apart from the rest of Helovia. And with that promise, she was left to one conclusion: at some point, whether it was sooner or later, there would be war. And when that time came, she would need a large herd. The Plague could grow within the herd, a secret; but even those without a racist bone in their body would come to their aid in an invasion. Many of those who remained in the Basin were there simply because they mistrusted the other herds. After all, they had driven the unicorns from their home, had they not?

And so when Valjean inquired after the unicorns, equines, and pegasi, she held her irritation at bay. He did not have to believe as she did, so long as he understood the rules. Still, when she spoke, her voice was cold. "There are only unicorns here, Valjean, and we aim to keep it that way." She paused, forced her voice into neutrality again. "I'm afraid we have a rather long history with those who are not our kind." She said not more on the subject. One more to add to her ranks was surely worth it - wasn't it? "Our land is quite beautiful, and quite bountiful. You are welcome to stay among us, should you wish. Tell me, what are your talents?"

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

[[OOC: You can skip me. ^^;]]