the Rift

Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

It had been a couple days now since Tio and Phaedra had split up. He'd used her to the best of his ability and she had proved most useful. If he had his way, she would continue to do so. On many different aspects. Their meeting was the start of something big, something grand. The stud was no fool. He knew that, as a neutral spy, she would be running off to tell her superiors of his arrival, and possibly the existing herd leaders. This did not perturb him. He was not going to waver in his plans. True it would take longer to prepare for the inevitable, but he was a patient stallion. He would wait, build up his forces, and in the meantime, the herd leaders would tire out their own forces waiting for him to come to them. First though, he needed to choose a target.

That was why he was here, scouting the terrain of one of the herd lands and moving silently so as not to bring unneeded attention to himself. He remembered Phaedra saying something about the Dragons Throat heard containing a lot of Pegasi, so he kept checking the skies and laying down in the tall grass when he felt himself in danger of being seen. For now, however, even if he was tense with the sense of being on enemy territory, he was as relaxed as he could be knowing there were no shadows flashing across the sun right now. The sky was cloudless and blue, which helped his cause tremendously in the fact that he had clear warning when something flew overhead. The downside is that the sun was bright and reflected off his coat like flashes of dusty bronze. He flattened his ears in annoyance. Not only would he stick out like a sore thumb if someone came flying across right now, there were no hiding spots in this area, it seemed.

So far, however, he liked what he saw. The throat had plenty of lush grass and water to support a large herd and enough trees to shelter from the weather when it came. Feeling accomplished and confident in his findings, the stallion turned away from the path he had been following. his intent was to leave discreetly before he was seen. He slipped up, however, by not checking the sky again. If he had, he would have seen the shadow approaching him from the horizon. His slip up was due to being happy, for once, that he was making progress in his plans. Now, when he began to recruit warriors to his cause, he could tell them exactly what he was going to do, which leader he wanted to overthrow, which land he wanted.

He already had a plan for recruiting too. The sooty dun would appeal to those that had been kicked from their homes, forced to roam the wilds as outcasts. He would join with the grey, and barter their help training the recruits if they needed it. He would set up a payment arrangement, by offering the twin leaders a pre-existing branch of his bloodline, provided by the lovely Phaedra. Nothing could be more perfect than such a match, at least not in his mind. By covering her, he would cement her relations with him and give the Grey a strong, healthy soldier for the future. Breaking into a trot, the stallion exuded confidence in every aspect of his movement. His acid green eyes burned with a passion for the proverbial path opening up before him. Truly, fortune seemed to be shining on him... He should have looked up.

For Levi, played by Avi
Open for another slot if someone else from the Throat wants to intervene.

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

(If you would've rather had Levi post first, just say so and I'll delete this.)

Never in the time she had been part of the Throat had Aryel considered the possibility of someone wishing to take their home from them. True, news that a challenge had been issued to Kri by the ex-leader Svetlana had shocked her, but Kri had beaten her soundly and secured the Throat once more. And so while the mare was ever vigilant against danger, she didn't frequently worry about an invasion.

It certainly wasn't on her mind as she spotted the dun down below. Curiously, she tilted her wings and made a wide circle that brought her closer to the dun, her long-winged shadow passing over him briefly. She examined him, noting the absence of wings or horns that marked him as an equine. A stripe ran down his dun back and she caught of glimpse of white stripes as well. While the Throat was home to equines as well as pegasi, he didn't look like anyone familiar. Trespassers were not prosecuted in the Throat, but she still had a duty to ask his business. With a snort, she completed her circle and flew forward, coming in to land in a short distance front of him by flaring her wings at the last minute to halt her movement. She dropped the last few inches, hooves hitting the ground with a muffled thump. She was the kind of pegasus that typically landed by hitting the ground running, but she had recently been experimenting with a landing style where she didn't hit the ground quite as hard. Folding her wings over her back, she turned and trotted towards the stallion.

As she approached, what struck her was how green his eyes were, almost venomous green. She wasn't the type to judge on appearance, but they did leave her a little unsettled. She gave the stallion a nod. "What brings you to the Dragon's Throat?" Her tone was neither hostile nor overly friendly.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

Levi’s heart pounded as he made his way from the Throat’s river. His thoughts surrounded his love, Phaedra, and how he was going to tell her how much he loved her. It was almost like the words he was going to say would not be able to come out. He would not be able to describe the feeling of how much he loved her, it was almost as though this was a dream. Maybe she already knew about his love for her and she greatly loved him back? Or worse maybe she hated him and just wanted the brute to embarrass himself. Either way it would be shocking and nerve racking to know what the true answer was. Everything, so far, was going according to their plans, but sooner or later he would know exactly what to say because he would listen to his heart. His thoughts were flooding with different ways of how the night could go. He had to go himself prepared for any kind of disappointment, or be prepared in case she did love him, to get ready to move for her or gladly take her into the throat.

Hoof after hoof, his gaze trailed down looked at each step he took. He was not in the mood to really do anything or meet up with anybody. This was his time to calm down and try to associate himself with fate. He needed to see if whether he and Phaedra were meant for each other or if they were going to be just friends. Either way would be fine, he would not care if it was any other way as long as Phae was a part of his life. What was the best way for the brute to think… the skies!

The skies were the best way to think for him so he knew that the skies were needed to help him relax and think clearly. Pressing his stride into a canter, he let his wings slowly spread out until they were lifter by the ripples of air. Raising higher and higher, the brute flapped his massive vulture wings reaching higher altitude. The wind brushed into his square face, gently tugging at his mane and tail. Flickering his silver threaded tail, the brute was lost in his deep thoughts. It was almost heart breaking just to think about anything to do with Phaedra. She acted like she was too good for any stallion, but was she really? She always flaunted towards then, wanting to flirt in every way possible, but the truth of the fact was she was not what she portrayed. In Levi’s eyes, she was a beautiful princess who was just learning how to escape her castle. She was waiting for her prince charming to rescue her and Levi wanted nothing more than to be her nigh in shining armor.

The familiar tone of Aryel suddenly washed into his thoughts. Why was he hearing her voice all of a sudden? Shaking his head quickly, the brute looked down not only to see Aryel with some stallion. By what Aryel had said, he figured that maybe the stallion was new. Circling the two, Levi wanted to make sure that Aryel would be alight, besides she was a good friend he would never take the chance that anything bad would happen to her. Pressing his wings downwards, the brute landed next to Aryel with a slight thud. Examining the stallion, he had quite a nice look. Sturdy figure, tall, and seemed to be nice, but Levi felt that there was something not right about the stallion. Stepping towards him he gave a slight nod keeping it friendly “Hello there sir, my name is Levi.” Then looking to Aryel, he smiled at her waiting for the steed to answer his business of being in the throat.

"blah blah blah."

Loon

A humorless chuckle rumbled through the stallions throat as he was surrounded by Pegasi before he had known what was happening. His ears flickered, checking to make sure there were no others coming. Confident that it was just the two of them, he relaxed some and prowled forwards to step towards the stallion. The sooty dun looked into the other's eyes, his own acidic gaze unreadable, yet something about his expression seemed.... off. Still, Tio seemed to have been wrong in thinking that Phaedra had told the herd leaders about him. If she had, surely, she would not have forgotten to tell them what he looked like? The situation was an easy one to utilize to his advantage if he played his cards right. "I am but a weary traveler, an exiled king, looking for an empty throne from which to rule. If you want the truth, I came here with the intent of scoping out the area and I noticed these lands are ideal for housing a large herd of horses. Tell me, Levi. How many horses, pegasi or not, are in this herd?"

He asked, curiously. He was making an effort to sound mildly interested, like a bachelor stallion entertaining the idea of joining the herd. He failed to mention his name on purpose. Still listening for the grullo's response, he turned his head to gaze at the mare. She's not all that bad looking... I wonder how old she is. He thought, not taking his eyes off her for a long moment. The breeze sweeping across the grass played with the manes and tails of all three horses, ruffling the feathers as well in case of the Pegasi. Tio considered for a moment, before he placed his nose closer to the studs. To sniff the other's breath was a formal greeting between equals. The more he acted like a respectable citizen, the better this charade would work.

Of course he did not give his respect blindly. There was a great deal of hesitation before Tio stretched out his muzzle, and most of it was due to the obvious sizing up of the grullo before him. If he had been warned about Tio's plans already, he would be on high alert for suspicious activity, and if the charade failed, Tio may find himself fighting his way out. He saw his potential opponent was well built, muscular and tall, about as tall as he was himself, but not nearly as rugged or battle weary. This indicated the stallion was about half his own age. The expression on his face also told Tio a lot. The stud seemed friendly in an off-hand way, as if he was distracted by other thoughts.

Scarred nostrils dilating, the dusted primal raised his head a little, crab stepping to one side as he smelled something about the stallion he didn't like at all. He smelled her. Had Phaedra been here? If so, what was she doing, meeting a stallion other than him, who barely seemed fit enough to beat up a dead log, much less a potential threat to the herd. His gaze hardened, looking at the stallion with an air that almost appeared like... jealousy. The scent had forced him to change his tactics at the drop of a hat and by doing so, he might as well have rung the alarm bells himself.

For Levi Played by Ava, and Aryel, played by FennecFyre
l.m.a.o. xD

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

speak of all the love we lost and what it cost us</style>
left us to beg our breath would stop, but we kept on</style>
AND WE WERE STRONG.</style>

"I hate to inform you that the throne here is hardly empty," my voice is like a purr rising from the grasses at the edge of the great desert. I am short, to be frank, and do not rise much further from the ground than the tallest towers of the swaying tendrils, my dark blue eyes fiery and narrowed above the line, looking straight at the trio, but mostly toward the stallion. The mare who had come to warn us of a possible invader, Phaedra, might have been speaking about this little whelp. I find it rather odd that he would state his purpose so blindly, but perhaps he was gambling on the fact that those in his company would not take him seriously. My steps begin, bringing me closer, cutting through the expanse of green like a knife, quickly and quietly, the wind lashing at my mane and tail, folding the blonde ribbons into graceful arcs that dance wildly.

I come to a halt beside Aryel, taking note on how his green eyes had become all to familiar with her small blue figure. I could almost vomit where I stand as I am reminded of a ghost of my past. Instead of the mess of gold, black, and white, I see nothing but an ugly lump of charcoal with leather wings. Morgue the Womanizer, reincarnated as another asshole who has come to cause me some trouble. This was going to be a long day, and I was not prepared for it when I woke up in the early dawn after another long night of patrolling. I was vaguely reminded of my days in the Cliffs when I had been prepared for a reinvasion by Adalwulf. The worry stemmed from the thought of my beloved kin being forced into the wild again.

Now, I stared rather flatly at the face of another asshole who wanted to tear my home apart at the seams. "Tio," I say, taking a risk, but thinking him to be the target Phaedra had warned me I should shoot upon sight. "Take your prying eyes and leave. You do not get a live count until you choose to come back with an army at your side." My voice is flat, definitely not amused. I was not in the mood to play games with this little spy in my herd. I was not in the mood to deal with a womanizing asshole. I was not in the mood at all. In some sick sort of way, I would wish him to test my patience just so I could kick his ass before he ever had a chance to bring about an army here.

I snap my tail in agitation, looking over at Aryel and Levi a nod in greeting, thankful that I was not standing alone against this brute. I was not afraid of being bested should this meeting come to blows, but having more sets of eyes wary of our new threat was good. The two would serve well in our ranks.
""

KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel looked up to the vulture-winged shape of Levi coming in for a landing. She sidestepped to make room for the grullo stallion as he landed, privately glad that she wouldn't be meeting this newcomer alone. While the little mare could be vicious in combat, determination didn't always make up for brute strength, which Levi thankfully possessed. She greeted him with a brief nod, then looked back at the stallion as he spoke.

His words caused her to blink in surprise. What...he wasn't actually thinking of taking over their home, was he? Suspicion clouded her eyes for a moment, and her ears flicked back in faint annoyance as she noted that he was speaking to Levi, instead of her, even though she had spoken to him first. She hadn't known this horse for five minutes and she already didn't like him. Their eyes locked for moment as he slid his poisonous eyes from Levi to her, for a bit longer than she liked. Aryel was not a vain mare, but she took care to keep mud and dirt out of her coat for comfort's sake as much as appearance, and while she didn't really mind stallions looking at her there was something in this horse's eyes beside their color that unsettled her. His friendly sniff towards Levi only served to increase her suspicion. What was this horse playing at? She noticed the slight hardness that appeared in his eyes as he sniffed Levi, and she wondered what had brought it about.

Her thoughts were interrupted, though, as Kri practically materialized from the tall grasses nearby, causing Aryel to jump slightly. She was glad their Commander was here, though, and she glanced back at the stallion to gauge his reaction with a touch of cockiness in her eyes. If he was trying to see what their defenses were like, well, they would show him. That Kri knew his name caught her by surprise, but a grin tugged at her muzzle at the same time. What sort of a name was Tio? Whatever his name, Kri obviously wasn't tolerating him on Throat territory. She watched him for a moment, memorizing his coloration. Should he ever be seen here again, she would alert a higher-up. But what had he done to get Kri so short with him? The mention of an army only aroused her curiosity even more. "Who is this horse?" she asked the brown mare.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

"I am but a weary traveler, an exiled king, looking for an empty throne from which to rule. If you want the truth, I came here with the intent of scoping out the area and I noticed these lands are ideal for housing a large herd of horses. Tell me, Levi. How many horses, pegasi or not, are in this herd?"

Levi’s heart pounded as the stallion somewhat preserved to be challenging him. Narrowing his silver eyes, Levi stood tall somewhat pressing his weight in front of Aryel. He knew that Aryel could fend for herself, but that was not the point. The point was that stallion was eyeing her like he wanted something from her, and while Levi was here that dumb fuck of a twig was not getting anywhere near Aryel. Trying to block the stallions view from Aryel, he made it look casual. Levi did not answer him at first because he was trying to figure out why he seemed to be so familiar. Searching down the green gaze of the stallion, Levi could not put his hoof on what was going on. The brute literally just told them that he was going to take over there land. yeah right, get a life loser Levi thought as he glared towards him you’re not taking over our herd while I’m here because I will kill you before you take a step closer.

Noticing Aryel’s nod to greet him back, Levi wanted to play it off nicely. Suddenly, the stallion reached forwards sniffing him. Pressing his muzzle forwards Levi allowed him to sniff him, but at the same time he took advantage to sniff him back. Phaedra The brute thought suddenly. He knew there was something up with this stallion and now he was fooling around with his love? No way was that going to happen. “Well sir we also have giant castles with pretty princesses living in them and candy houses with gumdrop roofs and not to mention those angry elves.” Levi mocked with sarcasm. Smirking at him he also whispered “Do not upset the elves either because they might get mad and sprinkle sparkles on your pretty coat.” All of a sudden, Levi’s narrowed gaze left the stallion for he was cut off. He was just about it tell the brute to fuck off when he heard the familiar voice of Kri, his loving leader. Now this will be good he thought with a chuckle Kri could whip this fruit cake in a second.

As Kri talked he looked towards her and nodded. Tio She had said Wow I am an idiot I should have known… Now that he knew it was Tio, Levi wanted to break his puny figure in half. He called himself a stallion and Levi call him a colt. He looked nothing like a real stallion could ever be, nothing like a true leader. He would be deceitful, murderous, and cold hearted. Listening to Kri before the brute lost it, he pinned his ears back before speaking. “You have no business here mule so leave now before I lose it. You have no right to bother my leader or my friends, if you wanted to come here for something then take it out on me. Leave them alone. ” Stamping his foot he walked closer to instigate the stud giving a smirk. “Oh and by the way leave Phaedra out of your little devious plan because if you don’t I will find you and end you. My herd is no place for you or anyone of your lines. Fuck off before it’s too late for you, Tio.” Levi emphasized the word Tio as if it was the most annoying thing in the world. Narrowing his gaze, he sized himself to the stallion making him want to fight Levi. Now, he meant business first he was looking at Aryel, then he tried to challenge Levi, disrespected his herd land, and now brought Phaedra into this? Levi was about to lose it but Kri being behind him, he was not sure if she would be okay if he could pound on Tio. Turning his look to Kri, he anger raged within him. Pinning his ears back, his eyes told the story. Kri you know he’s not safe can I do something?

"blah blah blah."

Loon

Well, this has certainly escalated quickly. The stud thought as yet another member of the throat appeared to challenge him. This one surprised him by calling his name out loud. He didn't intend to respond to the name, preferring to play dumb for a while. However, the involuntary prick of his ears gave it away. His attention, however, was snapped away from the chocolate palomino mare as the stud's words pulled him away. His eyes narrowed at the words and he glared at Levi as though he were memorizing his face and sizing him up more critically. He glanced around him, counting how many there were and noting that all three of his opponents were pegasi. He could not fight them all at once and if the newest arrival's reaction to him was anything to go by, he could guess that she was the Sultana he had heard so much about.

The stallion lowered his head, his forelock falling into those sickening green eyes of his. He nodded once as he thought of how to respond to them all. The chuckle returned, but this time it had a certain insane quality to it that would have chilled the blood of the most steadfast warrior. When he raised his head again, he lifted it up high and stared at Kri directly to the exclusion of all else. The pupil of his eye shook a little as though he were trying to focus. A cruel sneer had plastered itself on his features the lighting of his features caused by his high position created a look of exaggerated insanity.

"I have no intention of fighting anyone today, Kri. I came to pay you a compliment. This is a very nice territory you've managed to cling to for a very long time and I commend your skills thus far in defending it. A warning though, for the tighter you cling to a rotten apple, the more juice it releases... until there's nothing left. Today is not the day for war, but your days as a ruler are numbered. Never let your guard down, keep looking behind you, keep one eye open when you sleep... because one day, I will return with the army you seek, and then... You will lose everything you've ever held dear. I will force you to watch as I rip your home apart, as everything you hold dear is torn to shreds... and then, heheheh.... and then... when you're begging me to kill you too, I won't do it." There was madness in his eyes. Pure, unadulterated, madness, and yet his voice was clear, his eyes were focused, finally, as though even if he was mad, he was a monster with a deadly accurate plan in mind.

"I'll tear your wings off and force you to live as my little whore for the rest of your miserable life." He spat at her and then glanced around, his eyes still gleaming with that icy malicious intent. He was thinking about his escape route, clearly.

He noted the relative sizes and gauged the physical attributes of each horse before him, thinking out a strategy before he executed the getaway. He knew better than to fight all three of them on his own and he had no intention of doing so. Instead, he thought out a plan to distract them by attacking the horse who was most likely a threat to his wellfare. With that in mind, he barely gave any signal at all before he lunged for Levi, the stallion's strength and size posting the largest threat. Even if the leader was right there. The mare was masculine in build, but not quite as big. Probably not the smartest thing in the world to do, but Tio had limited knowledge on his opponents, and even more limited amounts of time to come up with a better strategy.

He made the attempt to crush his hooves down on Levi's back and shoulder, near the wing joint so that the stallion would be in intense pain if he tried to fly. Whether or not the attack hit, Tio would land on his front feet and buck out with all his strength towards Kri. The lash out would either a, injure his opponents, or b, get them to back up so that he could run. If fortune was still shining on him, the lash out, injuries accounted for or not, he would find himself clear of the three of them. When this chance came to him he took it by bolting away from them as fast as his Tennessean legs could carry him. Today was not the day for war. Whether or not they made it very far before they caught him again was also not up to him, although he ran with all the speed he possessed. Since his bloodlines failed to carry Thoroughbred in them, he didn't possess much, but thanks to his Arabian heritage what he lacked in speed, he made up for in stamina.

For Levi, played by Avi
For Aryel, played by FennecFyre
For Kri, played by Boom
That's what I call a hit and run. /shot

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

speak of all the love we lost and what it cost us</style>
left us to beg our breath would stop, but we kept on</style>
AND WE WERE STRONG.</style>

My dark blue eyes do not move from the face of Tio after I gave Aryel and Levi a quick nod, their words falling on what could easily have been deaf ears. My resolve is set. I just want him to leave and come back when he is prepared to fight. In the mean time, I will be strengthening the soldiers I already have recruited. He would be fighting an uphill battle, a fool for telling any neutral party his plans and giving his intended target fair warning.

"I told you to get the fuck out of my home, not to fight me," I say angrily while the stallion still slews out his crest of words, my eyes darkening with each moment. "Are you so incompetent you do not understand that simple of a request?" I had no patience for this long-winded asshole standing in my territory, claiming that he will banish me. I am not even truly angry, but more just annoyed at the sheer stupidity of this golden brute slashed with white and tarnished with a dark charcoal smudging. He reminded me of a less capable version of Svetlana, as if one could become less capable than the over-confident mare of ivory and black. He continues on, the rabble of an idiot or the insane. I roll my eyes in exhausted patience, wanting nothing more for the long monologue to come to its rather late end. Finally, as his larynx grows tired of spewing shit out into the air around him, he comes to a pause.

I take this time to lift my head and speak as well. Despite my small stature, I was hardly one to be underestimated. This fool, who speaks so rashly in my ears, has no concept of what it means to be a Leader. I could be reft of my home, cast out into the wilds, but my family would follow me. It was not the land that had deaf ears, blind eyes, sensation-less skin, and no heart that I protected. The inhabitants that lived within this home were the beings I had sworn my life to, and I would guard them with every fiber of my being. If the Throat was lost, I would not fail them still. We would survive this storm, even if this bastard of a colt was even capable of ripping it from my hands. "You cannot take the only thing that matters from me, Tio," I say, rather blithely. "My family is woven into my heart, my body, and my soul. As long as I breathe, it is for their sake. If you should succeed in your goals by capturing this land, you will still not be a Leader. You will be a lonely tyrant."

I smirk at his next comment, about him tearing my wings off and making me a whore. Even his spit is badly aimed, falling short of me by at least a foot even in our close arrangement. If this was any indication of how our battle would go, I would certainly have him begging for mercy without gaining a scratch. I did not bow to Sepagus the Mighty without a fight, and this silly stallion was little more than a kitten by comparison. "I'd like to see you try," is all I say, my voice calm but powerful, my face locked in an even determination. I will persevere. I will not falter. I will not bend. I am stubborn. I am steadfast. I am resolute.

A flurry of movement begins, but I have enough time to clear out of Tio's way, a quick pivot throwing me roughly toward Aryel's side, before he even aims his buck, laughing at his folly. I was not fooled in any sort of manner to strike back. Had the idiot not already told us he wanted not to fight today? Not only was he an oaf but a liar at that. I allow him to run away, watching as he goes. "Oh, Tio! You don't want to stay and play?" I call after him mockingly, my voice breaking off into a laugh as I watch his tail disappear into the distance. Did he honestly think if we wanted to chase him he could out run the wind? After all, we are pegasus. I remember Aryel's question distantly, and still staring off at the horizon, I begin to speak.

"That horse is just a momentary threat. Let's alert the herd. We prepare for war."
""

[ooc: kri is going to follow up with a herd meeting I am posting... now. ;D]

KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

Levi’s gaze was locked on Tio’s as he did not trust the brute at all. How dare he insult Kri like that as he stands there like a baby not knowing how to fend for himself? “Do not talk to my Sultana like that! I’ll have you know that she is one of the best fighters I have ever seen. She could kick your wimpy little ass and break you like a twig. You would never hold her hostage because neither she nor I would ever let it happen.” Immediately, Levi felt the tension of the sand move beneath his hooves as Tio started to raise towards Levi. The grullo quickly jumped back out of the way as the hoof nearly skimmed his skull. There was so much time to spare because Tio had not thought about how he shot towards Kri and then himself. It was not just a quick move, but one out of pure stupidity. Levi was not impressed at all and actually had a very bored look on his face. If this brute wanted to fight then let him, but he was pretty horrible at it anyways. This brute was great at nothing and his fighting skills were nothing but horrible. He had no strategy and his thoughts were not compelled together as they should have been. It was almost like he just decided to rage for no apparent reason with nothing to back himself up. Levi snorted with anger as he was about to strike to brute back, but he did not need to.

As Kri’s powerful kick came towards Tio, Levi jolted back slightly so that he would not block the great kick from Kri. Wow, she is some woman. Levi thought as a smirk came to his face. Her stocky legs might have been short, but they were prefect for making such a powerful kick. Levi watched in amazement as Kri took charge for something that he could have handled. She just threw herself out there like it was nothing to protect Levi. His silvery orbs looked towards her as his heart jolted with rage and nervousness.

“You are weak! Leaders do not choose flight, but fight. Pathetic that’s what you are.” Cursing in-between his breath Levi watched the brute as he got further and further away. “ Awh, look little Tio is running home probably crying to his mommy how he is unsuccessful.” A silvery laugh pierced from his throat, but he was not worthy of hearing what Levi really had to say. Levi wanted to keep his word PG appropriate since Kri was standing right before him. The sudden urge to chase Tio and pin him down to kick him and beat him so hard that he would get knocked out fell through one ear and out the other. The thought taunted him so badly, but he knew he was speaking to Kri just to get it in her head. It was unacceptable and disrespectful. Turning his attention to Kri, the brute’s chest rose and fell heavily from all of the tension. Hot breath streamed from his nostrils as he felt exhausted from everything. "That horse is just a momentary threat. Let's alert the herd. We prepare for war." Levi nodded his head agreeing with her words patiently. Levi was still in shock from how she protected him like that, but why? He had done nothing for her to protect him and she just did without any hesitation. Pressing himself close to Kri, he had a half smile on his face and half in shock. “Kri- y-you stood up for me? You went to help me..” Levi suddenly walked up to her, pressing his chest to hers draping his square neck over hers hugging her slightly. “No one has ever done that for me…” Closing his eyes, Levi felt as though he was truly loved as he pressed his body away from hers giving a slight smile. “Thank you Kri. You truly are family to me.”

"blah blah blah."

Loon

When the stallion reached the treeline that formed the border, he turned to look back across the Dragon's Throat Grasslands. His green eyes narrowed as a cold rage filled his mind like a poison. The dun stag reared on his back legs and gave a short, screaming blast. His forelegs struck out at air and his mane whipped about in the wind before he fell back down on all four legs. He was not making a challenge, but a promise. Tio was a patient stallion when he saw something he wanted. He could wait for ages before making a move. He would let this herd tire themselves out in preparation for war.

He knew that the herd would be busy, on guard, preparing for an attack that could come at any moment. As they did that, however, their foundations would rot away, their energy would spend itself, they would grow thin and haggard, weak from exhaustion grown from tension. He would wait until they were beginning to doubt his arrival, and then he would strike with the army he had amassed, and they would strike hard. Tio had the utmost confidence that when he did return, he would be crowned Sultan.

His visit here had been short, but it had not been without it's fruits of labor. He had gained a lot of answers and also began to form some new questions. That Levi... he smelled of Phaedra. Did the stallion know her? Tio wasn't going to doubt it. Phaedra seemed like the type to get around quite a bit, she might have a couple stallions tangled in her tail, perhaps dozens. He'd known not to trust her completely and had been proven right. She would be kept at neck's length from now on. At least until he was sure she wasn't stabbing him in the back.

Also, that Kri... She was small, and stocky, ugly if he really wanted to bring it to that, but she seemed to posses a fire in her spirit that he rarely ever saw in mares these days. He was almost certain that it would be a battle to remember between them and he would cherish the scars as memories well-earned. He was more confident now, however, that doing exactly what he had promised her would be easy enough... Once she'd been tempered with stress as was his plan.

"Keep your nose to the wind, Kri. Keep looking behind you. Never let your guard down. Tire yourself out, because one day, I will find you... and when I do, you won't survive." He whispered, knowing that she couldn't hear him. He didn't really care, though. Once his thoughts were finished with their Rhetoric, Tio stamped a hoof into the grass and turned away. The stallion pushed his way through the undergrowth, his form disappearing quickly like smoke in a shadow. First things first.... He had some twins to find.

Levi, played by Ava
Aryel, played by Fennec Fyre
Kri, played by Boom
Just finishing this up, sorry guys. END