the Rift

mud bath [open]

Azulee Posts: 62
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 hands :: 6 years :: Orangemoon HP: 65.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Valda
azulee
they want rain without thunder and lightning

Butterflies hovered through the cool air, weightless. They weaved ambivalently through sprightly dancing flowers, as they danced and tossed their heads in perfect unison. They fluttered through the wind like tiny ballerinas, ornamenting the flowery terrain like living jewels. The grasses swayed like an endless sea of green and violet beneath the unobtrusive sapphire sky. This is where her mother and father first met, and the lightning child cannot help but think what a perfect place for love to blossom. Songbirds chirped in the distance, the combined choir of their serenades like a symphony of peace. Sunlight bathed the peppered babe, and vibrant eyes gazed out ahead of her, pensively drinking in her surroundings.

Boredom was beginning to set in. She made her way over to a pool of rushing water and lowered her petite face down to drink, allowing her maw to skim across its surface. Her hooves sunk partially into the sod along the stream's banks. In a fit of spontaneity, the child began to splash and dance in the crystalline fluid, stirring up quite a bit of mud. Laughter peeled from her lips, before she withdrew herself from the pool, and began to roll in the muck which surrounded it.

[ ooc ; Meh. Not happy with this at all. But, anyone is welcome! ]
background image © riktorsashen

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

M U R D O C K
If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

The golden sun beat down upon the white fabric of Murdock’s wings, folded against his sides to avoid catching on branches as he emerged from the forest onto the rolling slopes of the green meadow. The butterfly he had been following still fluttered before him, iridescent wings flashing against the blue of the sky as it spiraled through the air. He wished he could follow it in flight, but the colourful insect hovered too low above the grass. The lilting sound of birdsong filled the cool spring air, and the sweet scent of wildflowers was carried on the gentle breeze. There was a spring in Murdock’s step as he bounced across the meadow, following childishly at the heels of the blissfully unaware butterfly.

His black coat shone in the sunlight, and he spread his wings to feel the air brush against his feathers as he jogged. The winged insect darted forwards and Murdock followed it dutifully, too caught up in his own game to notice he was in the presence of company until a splash reached his ears. The butterfly was instantly forgotten as the stallion paused, head swiveling to seek out the origin of the noise. Not far away from him the ground sloped gradually towards a large bubbling stream. The sun glinted off the rippling water, where a mahogany filly was pawing playfully. A smile flashed across his face as he watched the small Pegasus dance, slender limbs splashed with mud.

His previous chase forgotten, the stallion made his way towards the bank slowly, watching in amusement as the filly pulled herself out of the water and dropped down into the soft, damp soil bordering the rushing water. Her dark hide was plastered with mud as she rolled about, long legs flailing. Murdock came to a halt a ways from her and laughed. “Good day for playing in the mud,” he said, nodding towards the bright blue sky. His hooves slipped through the viscous earth as he waded into the stream, the cool water pulling insistently against his limbs as if the current wanted to carry him with it.

He didn’t normally seek out the company of foals, but the opportunity to relax and enjoy a moment of carefree playing was far too tempting. “Mind if I join you?” He asked with a childish grin, splaying his wings for balance as he reared up unsteadily in the soft mud. His hooves crashed back into the stream, water splashing up onto his neck and dark mane, spraying across the bank. He let out another laugh as he pranced forwards, wings fluttering at his sides. He was surely a ridiculous sight, but he had never really cared what others thought of him.

"Speak"

Panto Posts: 15
World's Edge Stallion
Stallion :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 3
Daisy

With a mind full of thoughts I take myself for a upbeat trot to find my self in a maze of thistles. Sharpe bristly purple..things poke my skin but it can't poke my mood in the same way. I feel like I could leap for joy and,of course, I had a reason for it. The meeting with Orinthia had totally made me forgot about Sami. Well, obviously I was thinking of her now but when I was with Orinthia I didn't think about her at all; and even now,when i'm thinking about her,its not like i'm thinking of her with feelings like I did. Orinthia had..she had washed them all away. How. Did. One. Meeting. Wash. Away. The. Deep. Feelings. I. Had. For. Sami? The onyx had been so like her,surely she should have reminded me of her? Not make me loose all feelings for her.

Not that it was a bad thing perhaps.

I carry on my trot to see a flurry of butterfly's fluttering about. As I look a bit further though I see a different sight and I can't help but paying a visit,my playful grin plastered onto my maw. A blue roan Pegasus filly and a dark shadowy stallion,also a Pegasus. Into a canter I force butterfly's out my way (well I don't force them they just sort of...moved) as I approached the two to see them frolicking about. I bring myself to the small stream running cutting though the thistles and I start splashing in the stream,letting out a shrill whinny. "You mind me hanging around guys?"

"blah blah blah."

[Hope you don't mind:3]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit

The stallion had noticed the fleck of roan crossing the borders. Of course he had; he was the General, his job entailed scouting the borders of his home, protecting those who shared it - and it was doubly important as this little flicka was his daughter, so not only would he employ his magic to keep track of her without further prompting, he would become an overprotective oaf should anyone even think about hurting her. With a small grin, he watched her venture into the wilds, and didn't hesitate to inform a guard of his leave before following, from high above in the skies. How many times had he done this with Cirrus? Countless, and yet he enjoyed every moment of it, at least, when the filly would not get herself into trouble. She was older now, on the cusp of being an adult, and choosing a rank to follow in the herd, and she had her companion, the hellhound, Sitka, to protect her. But his beloved Azulee? She was still so young, so naïve, so.. Unprotected. Azzuen snorted from his position leagues above her, a dark speck against the brilliant blue of the afternoon sky.

It would be typical that his youngest daughter would attract attention from stallions, strange, unknown stallions too. No sooner did Azzuen spy two steeds approach his daughter did he begin his descent, a deep, rumbling call tumbling from his muzzle as an announcement as he did so. Broad wings buffeted the wind, the turbulence causing leaves to shake upon their slender branches, and feet pounded heavily into the soft loam below, carrying his now-trotting form towards the gathering. He was pleased, at least, to see that the gathered meant only to play with each other - at least, that was the front they were giving. A charming, yet guarded, smile was upon his lips as he tucked his wings in close, the tip of the spear visible amidst the dark feathers of his left wing, where it was tucked away. With a graceful swish of his tail, the stallion bounded forth into the muddied patch, dipping his crown low so that the soft, plush, velvety coat of his maw might gently, playfully and affectionately graze the shoulders of his daughter in greeting.

"Making friends I see," he said quietly to her as he came close, trotting through the wet ground with ease, coming to a stop as he considered the two steeds that had come to the call of the youthful soul that was his daughter. "I am Azzuen, of the Throat. This is my daughter, Azulee."

larfsalot.deviantart.com