the Rift

Sand, Scrubland, and Friendly Criticism [Note/Open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Whack!
Thunk!
Crack!

Aryel stepped back from the tree and turned to survey her work. The old, dead, dry bark was now splintered and cracked from where it had taken a pounding by her hind hooves. She recalled Kri's words during their practice spar. if she wanted to get violent while practicing her fighting skills, she should turn to a less hurt-able object than a herdmate. This twisted and dried tree was perfect, and produced some extremely satisfying cracking noises every time her hooves slammed into it. She shifted her weight off her left hind hoof, feeling the beginnings of soreness in her legs. While kicks could carry a lot of power, especially ones directed at an enemy's jaw or neck, kicking up that high tended to strain one's muscles. Maybe she should switch to her front hooves.

She approached the tree again, privately wondering just how much abuse the grey trunk could take before it snapped all the way. She reared up onto her hind legs, wings half-spreading to help keep her balance, then kicked out her front hooves, hitting the bark with a hard thunk. A grin tugged briefly at her maw as she imagined the tree instead being the nose of that arrogant unicorn Crowley. She wouldn't mind giving him a swift kick to the face. She continued to pound away at the tree, a faint sheen of sweat starting to show on her coat. Maybe she'd take a swim after she was done here.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50f4feb8c0907]

N o t e

Getting out of the herd land and trying to get out of the herd land were two very different things. The terrain was rugged, devilish creatures lurked around every tree there was, and it was far too easy to run into unwanted visitors. It was much more simple fly out of the sinister place than to attempt the journey on foot.

Realizing this, Note heaved a great sigh, looking down at his silver hooves as they caught the sunlight and glimmered against the desert sand. He didn't particularly like flying, it was actually quite strenuous for him to do, considering the fact that his scar throbbed every time he moved his wing.

The dusty bay stallion shifted his weight anxiously, then quickly scanned the area for any nearby horses. When he took off, he wouldn't want any horses seeing his scar. The sight of the gruesome scar could scare anyone, the only horse who he had trusted with knowing of it was Sohalia.

Note slowly spread his wings, his scar clearly showing against his dull coat. He tensed his muscles, preparing to head into flight, when a soft thud came to his attention. He pricked his ears, listening intently for the noise. 'It could be an intruder, or, or worse...' he thought to himself, immediately panicking at the sound of the thud again.

Tucking his wings close to his side, Note headed in the direction of the pounding, over thinking the situation. He was scared. If something really was intruding on the herd land, it had a possibility of hurting his precious Sohalia and their unborn child. The thought sent shivers up his spine as the stallion slowed his place.

Thwack!

In front of Note stood a blue roan mare fiercely attacking a dead tree. It calmed his nerves, and almost amused him to see her clumsily pound the tree with her hooves. He knew this mare, he had passed her on patrols a few times, but he knew nothing of her name, only that she was a fellow soldier.

Note smirked, sneaking up behind the mare elusively. This was bound to be fun. "Excuse me," He spoke, his voice deep and his head held high as he came up to the mares side, "but what in the world did this tree do to deserve such aggression?"

[OOC: so sorry for the wait! I've been with my friend, and I haven't had a chance to post anything today.]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel had stopped pounding the tree for a moment to catch her breath, then nearly had it scared out of her as the stallion snuck up behind her. She shied away a few steps until she was facing the bay, eyes narrowed in annoyance. She recognized him as another soldier, his coat similar to hers in terms of markings, but colored brown instead of blue. In addition, cream stripes snaked across his throat. She reshuffled her wings, fixing him with a blue-black glare. "It snuck up on me," she huffed. "Things that sneak up on me tend to get walloped."

She was unable to stay truly mad for long, though, and the scowl disappeared to be replaced by a mischievous grin. She had several reasons to be angry, but this wasn't one of them. Besides, he was another horse of the Throat, and it would be kind of ridiculous for the herd to fight amongst itself Aryel gave a short laugh, then said, "I'd hate to get off on the wrong hoof with another Throat horse, though. My name's Aryel, what's yours?"

(It's me that should be apologizing for this cruddy post :/ )

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Note Posts: 183
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 6 years Buff: NOVICE
Sabel :: Iberian Lynx :: Stormcall bry
[Image: 50f4feb8c0907]

N o t e

Note was amused at the tone of her spiteful voice as the mare snapped back a response. He stayed calm, watching her carefully as she started to calm down. It was strange how someone could so easily and quickly make such a transition from hateful to playful. The blue had stepped away, but Note had no intentions of advancing towards her anymore.

"I'd hate to get off on the wrong hoof with another Throat horse, though. My name's Aryel, what's yours?" Aryel. Aryel. He thought the name over and over again before filing it away along with the other names of horses he had met over the years. Some had faded from his memory, merely a shadow in the back of his mind. But Note doubted that he'd loose any traces of Aryel. How could he? She was feisty and certainly a being worth getting to know.

"I'm Note," He said plainly, dipping his head formally. He rarely addressed anyone this way, but he'd been arrogant enough to Aryel. He lifted his head once more, his sharp green eyes looking to the beat up tree. "Aryel, how does a tree sneak up on you?" Note questioned, looking at the mare quizzically.