the Rift

one true believer [Azeen, open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

I have never truly considered how far the Threshold is from the Throat. It is a simply thing, to fly from one to the other, but to walk is another story. I have never tried it before now, and perhaps the lengthy stroll would have made me long for the skies in another situation, but my attention is absorbed by the youngling beside me. I murmur softly to her as we travel, pointing out landmarks, laughing at her antics, watching for danger. I am glad that Note was so accepting of her, even without knowing the full story. There is so much that I must tell him! My past is long and complicated, and he has trusted me with his. And yet I have remained silent on the subject. I shake my head, chiding myself silently, and make a note to find him one day, when we have time to speak alone.

The ground is changing beneath my hooves, shifting from soft, emerald grass to golden sand. It is warm today, and I can tell that Birdsong is coming to an end. It makes me sad, in a way - I love the season of new life. More so, I do not look forward to a summer in the desert. But my friends and family are all here, and I will not leave them, no matter how disgustingly hot it may become. I walk onward, careful not to leave my little one behind - I am sure that she is tired by now, and I have no desire to lose her again. "Just a bit farther, Little Grey," I tell her affectionately, reaching my maw out to nudge her rump, as though coaxing her forward. It is easy to give in to these mothering instincts, and for that I am glad - after all, I will have my own foals one day, and I hope to be a good mother to them.

It is not long before we can see the oasis. "Do you see the green, my dear?" I ask her, gesturing toward our desert's hidden gem. "That is the oasis, and that is where we live." As we grow closer, it is apparent that the oasis is much larger than one might originally think. After all, we are a large herd, and yet it is large enough to accomodate all of us. I am not entirely convinced that the Sun God does not command it to grow with each new addition, but that is neither here nor there. "Here we are," I finally announce, my hooves resting once more on lush carpet, our little lake nearby. I will allow Azeen to choose where to go from here.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Azeen "Zelda" Gale Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My parched throat stung with dryness as we continued to travel from the threshold. It was almost like I had never walked that far before in my life, in fact, I don’t believe that I ever have walked this much in my entire life! Sohalia and I were on our way to the Throat, our home. I do not remember much after I left Leander and Sohalia, but I do remember that I lived in the throat. It was truly strange that I was not able to remember anything else or how about the fact that I was randomly in the threshold instead of the Throat? What was going on? I was truly baffled by all of the questions flowing through my head, but the fact was that I was finally going to have the family that I had always wanted. It did not matter to me where I ended up or what happened to me as long as I could be with my family. The Throat was very important to me, yes, but Sohalia was at the top of that list. She was the most important thing and Note was a close second. I really like Note, don’t get me wrong, but I do not know him as well as I know Sohalia. I am sure once I get to know him, he and Sohalia will be equal.

Pressing my shiny hooves into the hot granules of sand, they felt burnt to crisps. The air was hot, dry, and muggy. I had forgotten the awful weather that the Throat dreaded. It was not that the Throat in particular could not help the weather, no place could do that, but since this was a desert it was a lot warmer especially in the spring and summer times. My little flea bitten legs ached with tiredness as I felt that I could not travel an inch further. "Just a bit farther, Little Grey," Sighing with exhaustion I suddenly felt an affectionate press on my rump, I knew that it was Sohalia trying to motivate me to keep on going. Pressing my loving affection towards her, I shot a smile at her, but then quickly let out a small sigh. This was exhausting…

"Do you see the green, my dear?" Suddenly, my electric blue eyes shock with spirit as I gaze towards the oasis. It looked extremely familiar, but if she did not tell me I would not have a clue what it was. My features light up as if I had seen something that was so intriguing. How could I not smile? It was home! My home stood right in front of me and I wanted nothing more than to go and collapse near the river, enjoying the entertaining day. As Sohalia explained that we finally made it I thrashed out making space so that I would not hit Sohalia, but just enough so I could express my joy. “I can’t believe it, we are here. I am really home now!” Smiling I ran up to Sohalia pressing my fleas bitten muzzle against her chest. Snuggling into her, I could not wait to see what I had missed while I was gone, away from the Throat.

[OOC: Sorry for the wait! :/]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

My worry for the youngling evaporates as she cavorts and capers about in glee. I smile, chuckling softly. She runs back to me, presses her maw to my chest. "I can't believe it!" she says. "We are here! I am really home now!" I tuck my maw around her nape. "We are, indeed, little dove." She has recovered from the journey quite quickly, and I am pleased that she seems so strong. I had been so worried - after all, where has she been all this time? How has she managed to find food? I shudder to think what might have happened to her. There are all sorts of rumors circulating these days.

"There have been some changes. Leander disappeared, but I'm sure you know that already." I frown. Where did he go, and why did he leave Azeen to fend for herself? "Kri is the Sultana - I'm not sure if you've met her, dear, but she's a very good leader." I wonder what else I should tell her. Should I show her around? Yes, that seems like a good idea. I wouldn't want her to get lost again. "I should show you around so you don't get lost again. Are you up for it, or do you need to rest?" I will have to keep an eye on her.

I lower my maw to the water before us now. It is arguably the most important part of the oasis, and I hope that Azeen will stay close until she is more familiar with the terrain. There are others around, of course, but I have yet to make them more than simple acquaintances. I drink, and it is a soothing coolness in my throat. Satisfied, I lift my head again, watch the flicka. "You should drink, Azeen. You're probably dehydrated, even if you don't feel the effects right now."

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!