the Rift

I thrive in spilled blood [Open]

Satan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My tail lifts sightly,swaying from side to side,as I take in the stench of this world. What the hell had even brought me here? My bold red eyes dark from side to side,the dark slit in the centre of my red jems is small. I am unfazed by this land. It doesn't interest me in the slightest. The lands of the dragons were more 'scary' then this. Scary? No. Ha. Ok,it was more interesting,more caves,more differences,, interesting, differences compared to this land but it wasn't scary. Why,wasn't it me who had made the little baby dragons flee to there mothers who had then proceed to watch me walk though there lands? Yes. Why,I didn't have a care for walking in there land. We are all born in this world to live together right? So why shouldn't I be able to go where I want?

I halt,stamping my cloven hoof and flicking my tail,curling it round. I throw back my onyx head,my red mane flicking up. I quickly snatch my tail back from its curl,letting it hang down,falling way past my lower legs. Darkness creeps though the trees, swallowing me up in a dark void and everything around with me. My red jems almost glow in the dim light as I twist my body round to look at the way I had come,almost tempted to head back to those dragons. Life there was much more interesting. The darker creatures there were keen on me,it was only those slickly kind creatures that feared me. Maybe I will find another,with the same view of me,here?

Wilder Posts: 5
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 18
Alex

Wilder</style>

Pitch black eyes keenly watched the ground below, looking for that familiar dappled coat. Wilder was at a loss now, homeless. Archibald had lost his place among the foothills, the brothers following after the dauntless stallion. Mandrake had vanished, leaving Wilder with a deep feeling of unease. Just as before, he'd searched for her, combing the land inch by inch. His wings were sore, but the stallion still flew on, driven as always by his devotion.

There was nothing interesting. Well, nothing interesting to him. The other brothers had all taken refuge in the Grey, in the forest. He supposed he would eventually join them, but at the moment he had no desire to, knowing Mother was somewhere out there. As he came to the woodlands, Wilder made a steady decent to the ground, light bones landing as large wings tucked themselves into his sides. Snorting loudly, the grey gave a toss of his head as he entered the woods. Even though this was the threshold where many a new inhabitant to the land entered, maybe Mother had entered for one reason or another. Wilder's ears pinned as thoughts of his brothers cross his mind. Stupid boys seemed to be under the impression that they were better than him- well they weren't. They were to serve their purpose as a Drakeson, and yet? Well, so far as he could recollect, he'd seen not a single one of them searching as well for the mother they were supposed to hold dear. Only Wilder.

A sound brings him out of his thoughts. Snorting again, the stallion's ears tilted back, not quite pinning. Feathers puffing slightly, enlarging their size, Wilder trotted towards the source of the sound, neck snaked forward. He doubted, though part of him hoped that it was Mother. Yet as he came across the body of a young unicorn, black and red in color, Wilder's disappointment shows. He hasn't seen her before, but then, that was a relevant observation since his exposure was solely that of the company Mandrake kept. He's not impressed. She hasn't noticed him yet, oblivious to the white ghost who's been shadowing her for some time now. Or maybe she's just ignoring him. He doesn't care, doesn't feel threatened. The battle worn veteran wears those scars of his with pride. Finally boring of this little sidetrack of his, the ghost makes his presence known, lifting his wings, feathers causing enough noise to announce his presence. His voice is sharp both in speed and bite, a mockery of the words which might have been a precursor to some sort of aid- if Wilder was inclined to do so.

"Are we lost, little girl?"

Doubt thou the stars are fire,
Doubt that the sun doth move,
Doubt truth to be a liar,
But never doubt I love.</style>

credit
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

It was dark now, shadows shivered as cool spring air slipped through the green undergrowth to dance a gleeful song that nobody with earthly ears could hear. A moonless night always made these timbers seem jagged and sharp; like I could accidently cut myself by brushing against a leaf. But forests and trees with knife like leaves weren’t what spun through my mind in broken existence. I walked tonight for the same reason all sleepless creatures choose to deny rest—a full mind.

Here…let me describe some of these problems. A battle loomed, my child was recovering from unnecessary trauma, my bonded babe was having jealousy issues, I was in love with the leader of the Grey, and that pale bloodied brute of a man still hadn’t shown his nasty face. Ivory’s ground together; making the most horrid sound, frustration, anger…I was drowning in it. Where were the calm, peace and tranquility?

At this point it was yet to be decided who actually received the brunt of this unexplainable anger. Right now, I would have to say without a doubt it was Fina. Thankfully she could only feel my irritation and for once didn’t argue when I left her back at home to keep an eye on a certain creamy colt--whilst I walked, talked and thought.

All to myself.

My steps weren’t dainty or careful either; but also without wholesome racket. Each hoof fall crunched something that would surely alert even witlessly dull creatures. Eventually my anger simmered back behind the line of breakage and I paused, a terribly deep frown threatened to give more worry lines if something didn’t chase it away soon. Turning gaze up at an empty sky, my heart tightened and throbbed for comfort—Cera had me…but I….sorrow came. Sorrow for my own weak and pitiful bitterness, “Give me strength,” I prayed just above a whisper into the night.

Knowing that he (my lord), would hear.

Another voice came, soft and distant. Though not the answer to my prayer, "Are we lost, little girl?" Ears followed head at a perk and neck twisted round in surprise. Had I really been so absorbed in selfish self that I didn’t even notice that someone stood nearby. Suddenly washed with paternal concern that pushed idle pondering on a backburner, I slathered forward. My steps were carelessly bold now; whoever lay ahead might be trouble, or they might be in trouble.

Emerging through dense growth, with wings tightly held against barrel. I quickly gauged the curious pair that stood before me; one a brother I didn’t readily recognize, and the other certainly not a girl that sparked memory.

“Apologies,” tenured tones rumbled harshly but not without polite ring. Standing still now and regarding both in turn, I decided that an offering of explanation would sooth any ruffling, “I overheard your words and mistook the sound. I do hope that my presence isn’t intruding.”

Words were directed to them both, but eyes landed with final point towards the snowy avian. My suspicion about this man remained evident, and I wasn’t going to leave until our red hued mare gave me positive sign that all was well. Or negative sign. Turning attention to her, my voice finds softness and asks, “How fairs your night m’lady?”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
Nothing of interest lay here. Nothing. I start on my way back to the dragons,planning to stay there for a while,then to go somewhere else better then this crappy land. My cloven hoofs carry me though the depths of the forest. It is all silent except for the almost silent thud of me traveling though the dim forest and the rare scuttle or flurry of wings from another creature. I roll my eyes think back to the dragons. There were,well most of them were,such calm creatures there,so noble and boring. Bu as I said,most, dragons were like that but the ones I was going to head to were Tharow and Scoracher. The brutes of the creatures. I knew where they would be found. After all,even if they had moved to a different place in the land of dragons,it was quiet easy to spot the black brutes above or on ground level.

Sound. I sense the stallion behind me purposely choose not to take notice of him,it was only his voice that made me turn to address him but before I turn,a sly smile forms on my face only to disappear to the sweet smile I have had so much practice at faking. Little girl? Oh he had got it so wrong. My body lazily turns,my body flowing with the turn of my head,plans already forming in my head."Yes. May I ask,where am I?" Ok I wasn't lost lost,but I didn't know what this place was called,I will admit.

Another approaches. My head turning towards the painted stallion. He seemed kind enough,if only he knew what a good liar I was. "It is alright thank you sir,and yours?" I pause,my innocently fake face in play. "Oops where are my manners? I am Satan." I bow slightly at both stallions though whilst my head is fully dipped and out of view,I smile to myself. This could be fun.

Wilder Posts: 5
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 18
Alex

Wilder</style>

There was certainly a defined irony to anyone who bothered to pay attention; though the mare was quite young, she stood nearly a hand taller than the ghost. Not that he cares. She's young and inexperienced- even if she'd gotten into a few squabbles with her herd mates over some shiny trinket, she has nothing on the thirteen years Wilder has spent battling. His features remain decidedly unimpressed, blankly eying her as she turns towards him in her full... glory (though he did use the term loosely...). Wasn't the right word at the moment his brain was too fried to come up with another more suitable (and less flattering) one.

She's smiling now, at him, like some sweet little innocent thing, but those black eyes don't miss the look in hers. He's not fooled for a second, wings settling against his body as he relaxed. No point in playing all his cards at one time though. "Yes. May I ask,where am I?" That sweet little tinkling faerie bell voice rings in his ears. If he had been raised by anyone other than Mandrake, his resolve might have broken, and fallen ensnared in her little trap.

But he was, so he's not.

Mere moments after she silences herself, and the white shadow goes to speak is he interrupted.
“Apologies, I overheard your words and mistook the sound. I do hope that my presence isn’t intruding. How fairs your night m’lady?”
Tilting back in fractions, nearly in a comical way as the pinto speaks, Wilder's ears are pinning in a moment of ill-temper, as he debates biting the young fool for his lack of respect. Then decides against it. Ears come unglued, but do not completely separate from his skull. He doesn't bother hiding his displeasure. Not that the young buck is present- oh no. Just that he had the moxy to interrupt. The only points the young buck has earned is that his vocabulary isn't dreadful. Yet once more, he's not given the chance to speak again until the mare addresses the black and white Pegasus. Those ears started tilting back again. "It is alright thank you sir,and yours? Oops where are my manners? I am Satan."

"Here? Here is the Threshold. The entrance, if you will. It seems manners haven't only managed to escape you, dear lady." he fixates the stallion with a pointed look both from the interruption and complete lack of disregard in Wilder's very presence. He's half a mind to rip out those wings and present them to Mother as a present. "I am Wilder. Son of Mandrake."

Naturally she'd have no idea what that would mean, the implications, but his black eyes cast a sideways glance, trained, at the painted buck, waiting to see if he was more knowledgeable about the mare the white shadow spoke of.

Doubt thou the stars are fire,
Doubt that the sun doth move,
Doubt truth to be a liar,
But never doubt I love.</style>

credit
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Even if words would later prove to be from a forked tongue, her tone was pleasant and cordial in this moment—which was all I could have asked for, considering that my entrance was less than extraordinary. It’s really all anyone could have asked for in this situation; since upon arrival merely moments ago my simply being here seemed to ruffle feathers from at least one of standing company.

But I wasn’t affected by this; these wild lands were a free for all.

She returned my apology with forgiveness, to which I responded with a thankful smile and nod. Ebony lips twisted up into a natural, relaxed grin. Replying with a tone laced in velvet, and edged in honest vocabulary, unlike her no game in falsehoods mucked my honeyed pools, “I’ve found our evening to be rich with possibility and made more pleasant with company.” Sharping vocals and adding a little uplift I slipped in respectfully, “It’s a pleasure to meet you both,” gaze flicks to a tightly held avian, which chose to stand by all the while glaring icicles in my general direction, “Please, call me Midas.”

Anger and frustration from the misty bird was expected, but it seemed that I had truly offended this creature. To which I found nearly laughable, “Here? Here is the Threshold,” He said abruptly, while firing off a look of total disapproval at me again. Had I really pissed him off that much? Oh the fun he would have with a brash company. Instead of commenting as a young fellow might, I merely regarded him and his words with a simple reaction of pleasantry. It seemed youth had more patience with elder rouges in this instance.

Funny that.

A name was given, but it wasn’t one that gave any solidity to this elder. I knew not who said dame was, nor honestly cared to ask further upon it. If she had been of importance in this territory, my family surely would have heard the tales. Instead of dwelling on this, I chose to press conversation forward.

Satan appeared to be freshly arriving into our humble domain; whereas Wilder seemed familiar enough with these territories. Assertively but also with that same firm quiet, I murmured to her softly, “I do hope your stay in Helovia has been a pleasant one thus far, and should you have need for rest or protection; let me be the first to offer a warriors welcome along the rich sands of Dragons Throat.” Pools half turned to Wilder, tenors lowering to rumble out an addition, “You are also welcome, Sir Wilder, son of Mandrake.”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
I notice the flattened ears of the snowy stallion and guess he doesn't partially like the company of the paint,not that I care much. To sort out little squabbles was not why I was here in the..Threshold. The point of the beginning. The entrance to Helovia. Nice little place they have. Pity i'm to busy to take not of its true beauty. I learn the name of the snowy stallion,Wilder,son of Mandrake. Ok I don't need to know your whole life story. Anyway,who wanted to know who Mandrake was? Even if he was some well known stallion why would I care?

The paint Pegasus seemed much more friendly and kind. Midas. Well,midas this will be the day,you are fooled by Satan. In my head I am grinning,a wide and cruel grin but on the outside,it was kind,friendly,and innocent. And what was better,he wanted me to stay,in the home of the Dragons Throat. Oh I couldn't wait. It sounded like my sort of thing. I wonder if there are any dragons there,and there is,if there like Tharow and Scoracher. Oh how I loved the two menacing black dragons.

Still smiling sweetly I flick my leonnie tail slightly. "It is nice to meet you Wilder,and you to Midas. If you were willing to offer me a home I feel it would be a great start for me in this land,as I do plan to stay." Yes,I do plan to stay. But not maybe for all the right reasons.

[Sorry bad post :p]