the Rift

a new toy

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The shard pulsed with an odd, purple glow in the dark shadows of the cave.

The Dark Empress watched it with interest, considering the words of the griffons that had given it to her. It had brought them pain and misfortune, she knew, but that was because they did not know how to harness its power. That was why it had come to her, she was sure of it. Even now, alone in the cave, it called to her, a vague, wordless whisper in the back of her mind, enticing her ever closer. Hypnotic steps drew her ever-closer to the obsidian-cased violet; still, she stopped just short of crushing it, paused to regard its eerie beauty. It almost appeared that smoke had been trapped within the casing, roiling and writhing inside. Perhaps it was some dark spirit, trapped, calling for release.

She did not stop to think of what might happen if she could not control its power. She was not one to consider weakness such as that; if she set her mind to controlling it, it would be controlled, and that was that. Still, with her recent thoughts and (she shuddered) feelings being... radical, at best, perhaps a bit of caution might have been warranted. She lifted a foreleg. Caution be damned; she couldn't care less. Hoof dangled over the shard, and the jackal felt a thrill at its impending doom. Perhaps it was the power calling to her again, but it was probably just her own sick enjoyment.

Down the hoof came, and the shard shattered.

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credit

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The shard wanted this, to be released. Little did anyone know, but this one, piece of oddly colored, semi-transparent stone was a piece of a much larger statue, carved by the blood and toil of of many crafters. The commissioner of such a piece, powerful and evil, and poured every ounce of darkness into the statue. A war had come then, and the dark structure was toppled, shattering into pieces of powerful darkness that consumed many and haunted all.

Now, finally, it would be broken. Psyche's hoof came down upon it swiftly, breaking the earthen shield that held it in place. Quickly, without hesitation, the black cloud of inky darkness lunged at the black mare's face. Darkness wrapped tightly around her face, blinding her as it traveled through her nostrils and wrested her mind.

But the shard held only a piece of the power, the Psyche was not a simple-minded fool. Instead of taking over, it melded in her thoughts, forming a symbiotic relationship of power that only she could control. Some were born into power, and some were assaulted by it.

The darkness was a keen intellect with an ability to enter minds, though unfortunately, reading thoughts was out of her powers currently. However, she could wield war on the mind, make others believe what she wanted, haunt them without a single breath or touch.

Who was immune to such power?

Only one.

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Felling any foe with my gaze
And just in time
In the right place
Steadily emerging with grace
A V I Y A

Aviya watched with curious eyes, white masked face turned slightly. Her brows furrowed, eyes narrowing slightly as she watched her queen silently. Aviya had followed the Dark Empress to this cave, with all of the intent to speak with her about receiving a rank, but now she watched as Psyche with silent determination. The blue-eyed she-devil let her eyes travel down to the ebony and violent shard, and she took one step forward on elegant cloven hooves. However, as she moved, her queen struck the shard. The sound was new, gem against stone, and it rang in the cave. Instantly, a shrowd of darkness encompassed the Basin leader and Aviya lurched forward, crystalline eyes wide. A sharp breath of surprise and alarmment passed the young mare's lips, heart beating rapidly. Oh no, she has killed herself. the dark princess thought instantly, watching the dark cloud assault Psyche's face. To the filly, it looks as if it was pulling the very life from the shape shifter.

Relief flooded her, but confusion plagued her. The cloud disappeared into Psyche's body, and Aviya cantered forward with purpose. "Lady Psyche!" Aviya spoke quickly and with her voice high, ears perked forward and sharp horn pointed away from Psyche's face. The filly reached out with the softest part of her, the only soft part of her, and touched her muzzle to the Lady's shoulder, eyes lifted to stare curiously. She wondered if the mare would stay standing, or if she would faint, or if she would drop dead. If anything bad happened, Aviya's hooves would push her with ferocity to wherever her father was, calling out in determination and panic for the Nightshade. "Do you need d'Artagnan?" She asked quickly, lifting her face again before turning it to look towards the entrance of the cave. "I can find him." Aviya turned her body slightly, eyes shifting back to the Dark Empress, waiting for a command.

Despite her panic, the dark, evil thoughts of the Doctor's spawn still rung in the back of her head. Even through all her loyalty to the dark mare, part of her wished her to fall--only for her parent's to rise in her place. d'Artagnan and Kou would be great leaders, and Aviya knew it. Although she was considered highly in the herd by her parent's involvements and rank, she was not a true princess. She wished for power, something everyone could see, but no one knew that she would do anything to achieve it. She never predicted to overthrow Lady Psyche--she admired her--but the twisted filly knew if the opportunity arose, she would have to do what she needed to do to better herself.

breathless-dk | diesel-stock | imi art

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The stone crunched under her hoof, and for the moment, the shade wished that she could have kept it. It was so pretty, after all. But the time for such thoughts was quickly gone, as a wall of shadow approached her face. She panicked, briefly, as the mist blinded her, choked her, invading through any orifice it could find. But something in it called to her still, and she forced calm, made herself relax. Immediately, the mist abated, and she knew that its power had become a part of her. A cold smile crossed her maw, for she knew what the power held. She knew what she could do with just a simple thought.

"Lady Psyche!" The call was Aviya's, as were the quick hoofbeats. The Empress turned her head to assure the youngling that she was alright, but was surprised by the gentle touch to her shoulder. "Do you need d'Artagnan? I can find him." The filly had turned again, as though waiting for her to collapse, waiting for a reason to run off and find the doctor. "Calm yourself, Aviya - it takes much more than that to harm me." She paused, took a step back, glanced at the crushed rock beneath her hoof. It was plain now, with nothing special about it. It reminded her of herself. She turned away.

"A trio of griffons visited our land a short time ago and gave me a stone of immense power. If I am not mistaken, and I rarely am, the mist that you witnessed was magic, which has now taken root in my mind. I shall have to find a test subject, it would seem." Explanation given, the shade looked the flicka over. She was growing into a mature, dedicated creature, loyal to her parents, her leader, and their cause. It was no less that what she expected from the Nightshade and his nurse, but it enthralled her nonetheless. "I am glad you are here, darling. I've been meaning to speak with you."

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credit

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.