the Rift

Darkening sky [Alcina]

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia
I was walking alone in the Frostbreath steppe again. The bitter cold was now slowly fading away. It was Birdsong, and the snow came at a slow bitter melt. I felt happier, but the sky was darkening. The uneven ground was making me slightly stumble.

The clouds were starting to move out of the way, letting some of the evening sunlight's rays come down. The last glimpse of light. So beautiful. I kept on walking. I wasn't going to risk running. I slightly slipped letting out a feminine sound. I smiled at myself and though about how stupid and oafish I was at times.

I wished to see if Murdock was here again, but I knew he wasn't. I just wished to see if some one here. The lonliness was consuming me again. I jst wished to frolic and not be in these cold lands. I felt the need to go out and run. But here, in these lands of uneven ground, I couldn't do such a thing. I ran up the melting snow mountains, seeing every where. The snow mounds weren't too high, and all I saw were more melting dunes.

I tried to see if there were any walking shapes, anywhere. My gaze scanned the whole place, but nothing was to be seen unless it was endless dunes of snow, ice, and little pieces of grass poking up from the ground. I smiled and kept on gazing at the scenery. Such a beautiful setting. I then walked back down the dune, to the flatter, but still unstable ground. My mane slightly flowed in the wind.

Alcina Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Alcina

Alcina quickened his pace as the icy wind came at him. Each step in the thin and hard crunchy snow was hardly a fun thing to be doing. He had been wandering around these icy barring places for much time. And though most equines were not in his sight at least, he knew many lived in these barring lands as well. Hearing about the Aurora Basin at least, but never knew where they hid their herd. He only made a grunt and kept on his ways. Maybe he could find a possible place to get water or grass to eat, though if he didn't get out of this cold place he would only find ice to crunch up and dry small patches of dead grass. Maybe sometime he would return back to the warmer lands of Helovia, but for now he remained.

Keeping his balance, he kept his wings tucked in. He didn't want any damage coming to his feathered wings, that would be so dreadful. Finally coming at a better place, the sun now shined feeling the heat on his back. And only small breezes of ice came at him, it was much more gentle with the weather now. He can fly now, and take off into the skies. He looked into the blue sky and thought about it. But he snapped his head to the sound of someone else hooves crunching the snow. His blue orbs fell upon a unsatisfying appearance of another horse. Or should he say a Equine. His teeth gritted, a little bit and stopped. It was a female equine, obviously. With a change of a gaze in his eyes, he took few steps toward her "Who are you?" he said it with a tone of hate in his voice.

"blah blah blah"
thy-darkest-hour.deviantart.com | venomxbaby.deviantart.com | BajiStock.deviantart.com
coding = tempest @ sordid secrets

Hidden Account
Orinthia
I heard flapping of wings behind me as I heard hooves landing on the icy ground. A chilling wind blew past me again, raising up my ebony mane. I didn't look back until I heard a harsh, masculine voice demanding something. 'Who are you?' He spoke. I turned around and looked at a night black male Pegasus. He tucked his giant wings at his sides, and looked at me with a scornful look. His breath came out as frost into the chilling air as I equally matched his gaze. I wasn't in the mood for some arrogant, racist Pegasus male to fight me.

"I'm Orinthia", I said. I kept my voice at a monotone sound, and looked into his dangerous eyes. "And you are?" I said with a slightly snappy tone glaring at him. I would offer him kindness, if I didn't know any better. But my naive days are gone. I remembered that rude stallion I met, and I wasn't going to take this crap anymore. "Also, may I ask, what are you doing in these harsh lands?" I asked him. My tone softened, and I looked at him with kinder eyes. I guess it was better to be loved than hated. As I scoured him with my eyes, I realized he isn't that bad looking. He was quite handsome in some ways. Only if he softened up a little.

I awaited his response, while looking straight into his cold eyes. I wondered what triggered Pegasi, and unicorns to hate equines so much. I just wished for once, they could actually accept us, and not have to be so cruel towards us.

Unregistered
Alcina

Attempting to match Alcina's gaze the Equine seemed to try and keep a straight face without messing up. Alcina only kept those piercing blue eyes at her, his pupils grew smaller. "And you are?" She snapped at him. He only kept the small questioning frown on his face, and stared at her. Through his voice and small breaths he spoke with his harsh tone "They call me Alcina." Or monster. He didn't say the lasts of his sentence for good reasons. To make sure she stays a bit.

"Also, may I ask, what are you doing in these harsh lands?" It was amusing and humerus to listen too her questioning words. It almost made him laugh or snicker at her question. What was He doing out here? She even spoke in a more polite tone. That wouldn't work on him. His blue orbs gazed at her mossy eyes. He kept his emotionless face staring at her with little amusement in his eyes. Though certainly his eyes changed to a more playful look, and a smirk appeared on his face. He took a step forward and looked at her with a playful look on his face. Yet his emotionless eyes remained unchanged. "I was about to ask you the same thing." He spoke. "These lands are too harsh for a Equine like you. Or should I say a filly like you." Keeping the playful smirk upon his face. Yet his tone was filled with the same hate as before.

"blah blah blah"
thy-darkest-hour.deviantart.com | venomxbaby.deviantart.com | BajiStock.deviantart.com

Hidden Account
Orinthia
His scornful look remained plastered on his face as he leveled his eyes with mine. I wondered what made him have such a harsh tone. Who was he angry with, or what?, should I say. He remained with his hard, unforgiving look, and I decided to be on the same level as him, I would do the same. "Alcina, eh?" I questioned him watching every move he made. His icy blue orbs were piercing my skin, and intently watching what I was doing. It was as if those rigid eyes could see straight to my soul. I slightly shifted, uncomfortable, but kept on matching his gaze with my emerald eyes.

When I asked him my other question, of what he was doing out here in the frigid temperature, his eyes suddenly brightened up with mocking laughter. It was as if he was biting his tongue to contain a chuckle, or a sneer at me. I felt heat rising, and I was deathly embarrassed. Handsome or not, Alcina was a jerk. That brief moment of mocking amusement nearly vanished, as he still kept his face emotionless as a rock. His eyes now returned to their previously cold state, but his face transformed into a smirking stance. Great. Just what I needed. Another dumb, arrogant male. He walked closer to me, step by step, until he was closer to me.

I was quite offended of what he just inquired of me. I was no filly. I was a young mare, and I preferred to being addressed like that. My rage was starting to boil, but I calmed it, matching his emotionless look. Although my eyes must've been leaking out some sort of emotion. A chilling wind blew through, roughing up my mane. "I am exploring, but for your information, I am a younger mare," I said with disgust. My filly days were over. I was an adult now, and I didn't need some older, nastier male addressing me in such a way.

Unregistered

text text text
"blah blah blah"
"Alcina, eh?" She spat at him. The behavior she kept on her outside, compared to what he saw on the inside. Was somewhat distraught and humorous at the same time. He was sure just engaging a gaze in her eyes would trigger the nerve he noticed through her body language. His playful grin dropped softly into a small frown. And his soulless eyes stared at hers. "I am exploring, but for your information, I am a younger mare," Exploring? Again he bit down on his tongue to keep himself from a objecting laugh, that ached to ripple from his throat at her. His maw twitched for cut second, and his gaze fell onto her again. His cold voice came "Good luck with that Girl. I'm sure you'll find a Lot of interesting people while your out there. And if your lucky enough, you'll even die a quick death while exploring these brutal lands of Helovia. For you see, being Naive won't get you anywhere in this world but a slice to the throat." The last of his harsh sentences he left to echo in her mind. Gently he tugged his head higher upon his shoulders, feeling the icy soft winds againts his skin. Crackling his neck, and the pleasure of the adjustment lightly tugging in his spine.

Soon after the moments, he heard a distant thunder coming. And peaking his gaze over to the sounds, he could spot the view of dark grey clouds. Racing over to these lands. Alcina's eyes narrowed very slightly, his pupils dilated larger. He knew the winds would get faster and a blizzard would come. He needed to departure with this woman. His dark blue orbs turned back to the young woman. He took more gentle steps forward through the snow, until his face was several inches away from hers. He whispered like the tongue of a snakes "I tell you now. But when we meet again, I will not be as nice to you." With that last glance into her soul, feeling her vibrate to his words. He turned around and without a second charming glance. He began to gallop at a slow speed, spreading his feathered wings out. He caught the icy wind beneath him and flew, flapping higher in the air. And away from the icy barring place. He wondered though when they would meet again, for sure he would be annoyed yet again, or have quite the amusing pleasure of facing this 'Orinthia'
my heart still feels divided
halfway between, wrong and right

Hidden Account
Orinthia

ORINTHIA</style>
  Adventure is my Middle Name</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"

Wind blew as he menacangly approached me. I started feeling terror course through my veins. He had a twisted smirk plastered on, and I was afraid of the things he could do to me. As he approached me, I stayed frozen, trying to appear more menacing, narrowing my eyes and staring straight at me. I felt like responding to him and snapping back at him, but I knew better. He was dangerous. Something about him made me feel like he was some sort of deadly enemy. His last sentence echoed in my mind. Quick death... Brutal lands...I suddenly didn't feel so brave anymore. Like I should stop exploring and maybe get someone to help me.

I couldn't drag those words out of my mind, and I looked at him as he smiled in triumph. His last words snaked out of his mouth, makingn me slightly shiver, as his blue eyes seemd to peirce my soul. I watched as he ran down the snow, and stretched open his giant wings. He sent me an ominous feeling, and I knew, one day, we would meet again. But I would be ready for him. Farewell, Alcina.

I stayed there until I saw that he flew completely out of my sight, barely to be seen again. I wanted it to stay that way. The second he was just a black dot, I turned heel and started walking away in the snow. I trotted, and the trot steadily turned into a slow gallop. I ran away from the uneven land, and the ominous pegasus.

blah blah blah blah