Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

Black clouds are behind me, I now can see ahead
Often I wonder why I try hoping for an end
Sorrow weighs my shoulders down
And trouble haunts my mind

Tunes hastened from her chest, a chord of swift, lush, lavished melodies that were strung from melancholy and blossomed from misfortune, tremulous, tender, warbling sonnets cast from flutes and martyred from rubble. Chimes of carillons and bells of minarets toiled and tolled from the satin birdcalls, lyrics pervading the core of her humanity, the essence of her morality, clarity doused in finery. From the layers of warbles, trills and chirps came the harpsichord rapture and reverie of her distinct nature, fay and fairy, twisted from brilliant, wholesome candor, distorted into smiles, contorted into hymns, into the serene, tranquil aria that pulsed, quivered, from her lungs. She had dreams coiled, nestled and brewed in her heart and she begged the world to hear them, persuaded the archaic dissonance to be captured in her lyrics, in her stanzas, until the earth didn’t crumble, didn’t sway, but began to repair, renew, in spite of the ire, the wrath, the chaos enamored to its depths. Given the chance, she’d chase away the miseries of the hour, burst from the seams of eternity and rustle the drowning, cumbersome arches of iniquitous foes, revitalize the soil with her dancing petals. She’d grant the world a thousand wishes with her selfless sincerity, sprinkle the fanciful dust of whims and compassion, grace and nobility, until it’d regained the stature of its palisade, of its kingdom, of its crown. She’d open her arms and pretend to have wings, embrace the heavens and let the sky shower her in cruelty so her brethren wouldn’t have to face the same ferocious cords sliding over their necks. She’d promise peace, sanctuary, repose and haven, sacrifice her own sanctum for another’s strife, lift quandaries onto her shoulders and bear the burden of unwieldy, cumbersome foes. But she couldn’t, the forest said, the leaves whispered, the branches crooned; she didn’t have the power, the strength, the brawn, the might, the enchantment to unite, the air wouldn’t listen to her aspirations, the wind wouldn’t give in to harmony. So, like a ghost of the heavens, a wraith of the divine, a cast away seraph, she sang.

The Sun God had been good to her, kind, given her what she’d craved, a altruistic act that spun into her blood and christened her, ambrosial, sweet, and honeyed. From the depths of song she could wash away the barbaric sentiments of war, assuage the fragments of a corrupted, addled mind, stitch sinew into faded bliss. She’d enamored the sweet tones of her convictions, allowed them to flow over wounds until they’d closed, cleansed, purified, purged from damage of blackguard allure. She’d found influence, gathered inspiration, fed and fueled from the art of misfortune and coveted it into the silken canvas of her poetic mouth, incensed, invoked, into beguiling, enrapturing, entangling benediction, elation; the rhapsody of Elysium. To heal, to alleviate, to restore, she’d coveted ill will and churned it into battlements of the virtuous, the honorable, bristling valor, soaking ardor, burning assurance until she’d found her tribulation and altered it into true form: bountiful, beautiful recovery. Thereafter, she’d promised to return, composed, changed, morphed from winsome delicacy to courageous sprite.

Yet – the Veins were quiet. She hushed the hymn bubbling from her throat, allowed it to drift over the fierce hills until it was rendered completely silent amidst the narrow, fiery path, extinguished in the sphere of molten heat and restless candor. What had she missed in the passing of time? Ever brave, ever staunch, ever spirited and determined, her sienna eyes captured the shrine of her chosen divinity, blackened, charcoaled, amiss, not burning with intent, not layered with luminescence, not brindled and nettled with the varnished glow of pride. What sorrow, what misery, what trouble vexed this divine earth now? Was she too late? Had some portion of their world been destroyed, ruined, torn by fragments she couldn’t see, couldn’t witness as mere mortal? She lowered her head, suddenly unworthy again in the eyes of Gods, poised the dainty steps of her hooves as they scattered rock and pebble into the ravine of perilous, infernal glee, gaze pinpointed, sequestered, maintained on the monument of warmth and light. When she reached its portal, she didn’t stand gaping, didn’t brandish the turbulence of the earth, didn’t hold the disastrous pinnacle of deceit in her heart, merely the repose, the covenant, of her recurrence. Lena lowered her noble head, pressed the point of her sword towards the stony earth, and whispered the melody she’d promised. “Sun God, I have a song for you.”

[Returning for healing magic. Healing from song took place here. ]

Lena
Sweets to the sweet

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun saw a returning, familiar face come upon the ruins of what was one a temple for their flawless shrines. Overnight, they had turned to rubble, charred and shadowed with signs of anger and frustration. A grim expression was all he had offered to any new faces, begging and demanding for powers they should not have or abilities they did not even know how to wield in this new world. Now, perhaps, the beings of Helovia would find their own power in themselves without having to take a piece of the gods. But for now, those who had loyally and kindly done the tasks he asked would be rewarded, especially ones who understood the depth of the powers they would receive.

One such exemplary being now stood below, telling him that she had a song. He almost smiled. The god had no reason to display his power in a fiery pillar of glory, so instead, he emerged in light again. A yellow star intensified until his gilded figure began to take shape, cloven hooves coming to rest upon the ground. Two, antlered horns formed on his brows, and finally, he appeared fully solid. With a respectful not of his head, he looked into her chocolate eyes, ignoring the mess of the shrines without comment. A watchful eye was usually kept on those who had seen him before, so the Sun God was aware of the fact that Lena sung as she promised.

"Do you?" he replied rhetorically. A smile moved his lips slightly, but his eyes were warmer than usual. "I have noticed that you have taken your task seriously and completed it honorably," he said gently. "Though I did not hear your song; how did you perfect it to work so well?" The Sun God asked this partially because he was curious and partially so that she would iterate her findings. Most came to him for magic of destruction rather than healing, so he was curious as to the hearts and minds of others.

CREDITS

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

Black clouds are behind me, I now can see ahead
Often I wonder why I try hoping for an end
Sorrow weighs my shoulders down
And trouble haunts my mind

Despite the absence of divinity, that hallowed, hollow juncture of molten raptures, she’s blinded by his radiance moments later, bright, clear luminescence that remained irrefutable, basking, daunting, and overwhelming. She watched, caught in the web of alluring finery, beguiling warmth, enticing light that cascaded in an aloof grandeur as he cascaded his essence into the divination of ruins. Stared down, the nymph offered a bow of her head, curled it against her chest until his words traversed to her ears, gentle, obliging to her unworthy soul. Raising the noble head of her Spanish heritage, her gaze met and caught the strength, the might, the brawn of his, captured the small trace of a smile formed against the God’s lips, fostering her own enlightened grin along the primrose path of thorns and roses. Twice now she’d been allowed the opportunity to converse with the divine, the immortal, the neutral, the chess masters of the earth, and she promised not to waste it, to throw it away in a dismal, pompous irreverence. The fairy listened to the easy throng he contorted, enlivened, encouraged, as each syllable graced her with the foundation of her purpose, of her motivation, of her boundless, archaic courage. “Thank you.” Her words, silken, smooth reveries, wove satin from a parted mouth, exuded the elegance and eloquence of her perseverance and tenacity, fulfilled prospered sentiments, longed for opportunity to grant more. Then he asked, serious and compelled, about her ability to conjure the song, to warble words and croon lyrics that didn’t shirk, didn’t barb, didn’t break, but mended, healed, the laboring, tremulous sinew of the wounded, the ailing, the disheartened. She knew her answer immediately, had found it in the notes and tunes of the earth, in the silent gestures of Deodat, in the melancholy tides of her realm, in the scars and patchwork of so many journeys and travels, waiting to be exalted, to be told. “My inspiration was adversity.” She paused, never straying her stare from his, emboldened all the more into the stretches of the beatific, the heavenly, the holy. “Misfortune is everywhere, but through strength and perseverance, we find a way to overcome its knife.” She breathed, soft, dulcet, offered one more explanation in the siege, the glow, of light, sky, and air. “I compose from affliction to heal, to mend, and to assuage.” Seeds were sown from the clouds of annihilation, brightened by the shards of her beneficence, of her deliverance, of the tender embrace of kindness and compassion. She wielded the sword of morality, and swung it amongst the casualties of iniquity.

Lena
Sweets to the sweet

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun dipped his chin as well in a respectful nod to Lena. Though tempestuous and brusque, the fiery god was not unkind to those who were loyal to him, and he made sure to reward those who worked by the weight of their own hooves and brought honor to their name. Respect was given if received, always. Lena was not only respectful, but she was humble and her humility glowed from within like a beacon to all the hopeless wretches on this world. She came asking for the power to heal, but little did she know that her character could already mend the wounds of the soul. Though he had a preference for violence, such selfless and honorable adherence to the benefit of others had to be admired. If he were being honest, the Sun thought she would better make a beautiful and dangerous weapon with fire, but he had dreams.

As she answered his question, he held her unyielding gaze with his own golden orbs. He was surprised at how deeply the brown eyes bored into his soul, though he sustained a rather pleasantly stony expression. The God found it interesting that she used to heal what he yearned to create: pain, adversity and chaos. Unlike his Time-mending brother, he wanted these things out of a deep and resounding passion. Fire was never analytical and calm; it was violent, raging and consuming.

Lena held this same passion, and he could not help but bless her and her efforts in full. "Interesting that you choose to heal from the muse of the other side of this magical knife. One edge of light and the other of fire. Clever, actually. Few are born with this natural intuition of the woven ways of the elements," he commented, the words themselves a compliment. "You shall have what you asked for, Lena. I am impressed."

The same light that formed to bring his figure into the realm of reality began to dance between their bodies, bouncing with a bubbling vibrancy. It finally leaped into Lena's chest, right into her heart and washed her entire body in warmth. A golden color, similar to his own radiance, glowed along her form before fading softly to her normal auburn. The light amplified her muse and gave the gentle tones of her voice power, and the god smiled. "You are welcome to return when I am needed."

[[OOC: Congrats!

:: [Magic: Light | Able to heal wounds and ailments through songs and hums]
:: [ Restrictions | Can heal minor wounds during battle, but will use up some of his concentration]

]]

"blah blah blah."

CREDITS