the Rift

We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Time and time again, I felt the burden of life weighing me down. Sometimes, I was anxious and frustrated about where exactly things were headed inside The Edge. But then I would always come to remind myself that no matter where we ended up, at least I was here, putting my name in the hat instead of standing on the sidelines. Something about it made me swell, but I guess I was somewhat struggling with the turmoil of my sweet daughter’s arrival. Oh how I anticipated her arrival to The Edge. I was also more than delighted to be able to welcome Tamira home as well. Something about our little family made me feel… complete. How could I live without them? How could I live so frivolously without The Edge to call my home? The thought brought a small smile about my face as Sulwyn and I travelled away from The Threshold.

She was quietly moving behind me, surely apprehensive about what she would find within our borders. However, I didn’t want the trip to be awkward. I wanted her to feel as if she had begun another part of her life- one that involved the comfort and security of what I found to be a commendable place to live. I looked back at her, gazing excitedly into her golden eyes. They were the softest shade of yellow that I’d ever seen and they were certainly striking against her dark coat. I was tempted to tell her so, but thought better of it. I was devoted endlessly to Tamira, but I was male after all, right? I couldn’t say that I plucked mares from the Threshold for the hell of it…

Ah, but it seemed that I was only digging myself a huge mental hole that I would have to physically force myself out of later. I banished the crude thoughts for a moment in favor of conversation. I guess I was hoping for many things other than the gruff “well” that came out of my mouth moments later. But it seemed that all previous levels of intellectual convenience had been thrown out the window. This was quickly becoming an issue of testosterone induced failure.

Recovering my feet, I glanced back at her once more, this time the words falling into place more naturally instead of clotting haphazardly at the back of my throat. “So what exactly made you fancy the likes of coming to Helovia?” I had remembered her insistence about coming to my new home land, but I wasn’t entirely sure why. What dark shadows lurked in her past that caused her so much pain as to flee her family in favor of coming here? I slowed to fall into step with her, though my stride was nearly twice her own. It was meandering walk that we had settled into and that ensured that we had plenty of time to share before arriving in The Edge.

ooc| We will assume these first two posts are coming back from the Threshold and I'm sorry for the smut... I'm just not feeling it today.

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sulwyn
what is this world we live in?

Although the pair of equines had only set out on their journey a mere few hours ago, the silver mare couldn't help but notice that the environment was changing drastically. Densely grown trees were now becoming scarcer, as were they reaching greater heights, and the muddy forest floor gradually turned to stubbly green pastures. Early morning mists licked the fae's belly as she trailed behind her large companion; her head held low to better take in the scents of the new territory that she now walked in.

I guess this would be my territory now, wouldn't it? If the leads choose to have me. For a moment the grulla's golden eyes flashed with a nervousness she had not felt since leaving her parents' herd. Leaving the only home she had ever had had been hard on the mare, but she knew that coming to Helovia had been her best option at the time; even though the mare was still trying to convince herself that she had left them in search of adventure, and nothing more.

You left your memories behind when you accepted Thor's invitation. Now it is time to forget. The mare winced at her thoughts of the past -- it wasn't necessarily filled with darkness and betrayal, but it also wasn't bursting with happiness, either.

As was his talent, Thor had a way of keeping Wyn's thoughts from hurting herself. His excited brown gaze lifted her spirits a tremendous amount, but a storm cloud still hovered above the fae's head, threatening to break her.

His one-word outburst shocked her momentarily, but of course he made up for his sudden response with a well-woven string of words that calmed the mare; even though his question dug a little too deep into the past.

"Well," Sulwyn paused to scratch at her sun-marked belly, which was beginning to itch due to the dampness upon her shedding coat, "As I told you earlier, I had heard stories of a land of horses that bore wings on their backs and horns on their brows. I had been a young filly at the time I had heard such tales, so naturally one so young would believe that each word -- nay, each syllable -- rung with the sounds of truth."

The mustang found that she had to quicken her pace to keep up with Thor's already shortened one. Fortunately for Sulwyn, endurance was one of her breed's characteristics, and she found no trouble in keeping up with the larger draft horse.

After thinking about whether or not she wanted to open her past to the stallion, the silver mare decided it would be best if she got everything out in the open. "I keep trying to convince myself that I thirsted for adventure, and the only reason I left my family was to see if the stories did in fact ring true. I know that it's just a lie; that it's just a cover-up for my cowardice."

Sulwyn turned to Thor now, slowing her pace to a halt and casting her gaze into his chocolate orbs. Her eyes had gone cold, and her voice had grown detached and lost all the melody that it had held only moments before.

"I left because my father was challenged and defeated. Because my mother was bred against her will, and because I could do nothing to reclaim our herd. So I became an outcast, and I spent many months traveling aimlessly, just hoping that somewhere in those tales that old mares tell to their foals that there was a scrap of truth. And, since we are having this conversation now, there had been."

XD Sorry for the wait. I didn't realize this would be up so soon! And sorry for this utter failure. I guess taking a lot of time on a post just makes it fall flat in the end >.<

>

I was all too eager to hear what the silver mare had to say and her tale seemed to weave in and out of my consciousness until I had become entranced in her story. Her voice was soft, lulling me into some kind of false security. At times I longed for moments such as these when I had no real reason to speak, other than the occasional nod. It was a reason to forget everything that churned around me, such as the Tamira and my newly assigned quest from the Earth God. As Sulwyn spoke, I seemed to veer off path, only figuratively of course, as I thought about all of my recent fortunes. I pondered the day that I came to The Edge and how my name was a mere hiccup upon the tongue of those who did not care to know me. Now however, I had come into myself. I had established a part of me that was bound to flourish under the careful watch of Mirage and thankfully, now the Gods. I only hoped for as much for this new, quiet mare.

It seemed that we all started off the same. We all came; unknowing, lost and perhaps a little dumbfounded about whom we were to be. But this place, this land… it has a way of pushing you, a way of giving you that last little shove before you were stepping into the shoes of your own responsibility. Each of us had meaning, a thing that defined us and made us something more than what we were. I had not known that I would pursue the path of becoming a medic. But here I was, nearly sprinting into the future of what I could and would become. I could only hope that those that chose to follow me home would see that, see what The Edge had made of me and realize what it could make of them too.

While Sulwyn’s past seemed to be agonizing enough, part of me questioned her resolve. She had run when her family needed her the most. Would she had reacted the same if she had been here not so long ago when the Basin had stolen Mirage and held her captive? Would she assume that she was not strong enough, not valiant enough to throw herself into the ruin and fight? My heart beat slowly beneath my breast and I was hesitant to ask, nervous to offend her after such an omission. I decided that I would let her breathe instead of pushing her until she was broken beneath my scrutiny. I looked down upon her instead, my eyes asking all of my questions for me. I knew when to test my limits and while now was not the time, I only hoped that she would settle into herself and find herself stronger than she had formerly thought.

You spin a horrific tale and I only hope that what you find here is worth your devotion Miss Sulwyn. We are a family that comes together in the toughest of times so I would believe that you should find support when it is most needed.” Perhaps I had been too vague in my response, but I believe her to be smart enough to understand my worries. After all, I am in no position to judge. Where had I been in the first few days of coming to Helovia? It certainly wasn’t where I’m standing today.

As The Edge’s borders loom ahead, I begin to feel a giddiness clawing its way from my feet and into my head. I let loose a small wuffle that would indicate my approach as not to alarm those bystanders patrolling the outer region of our home. I glance back at Sulwyn, hoping above all else that she will find our territory to her liking. The scent of the ocean seems to linger in the air and the salty taste seems to coat my tongue in a dryness that is all to welcome as we draw nearer. However, I soon find that we are not alone. In fact, I am more than surprised to find Helena pacing the borders. Perhaps she is waiting upon our return, an idea that I find to entertain my momentarily despite that fact that it did not ring true with a single hint of fact. However, her presence is welcome all the same. I certainly found her company to be something of a relief when welcoming new members. She was wise beyond my own years and while she rarely left the Edge, her name was somehow still written in the clouds.

When we were within hearing distance of one another I nodded respectfully to the older mare before turning a pretentious gaze on Sulwyn, almost willing her to do the same. “Helena , how delightful that I should see you again and well I would assume? ” When I had come close enough, I tentatively reached out to touch her feathery skin with my muzzle, a greeting that I assumed was no longer out of place due to our frequent encounters. I hoped that she would enjoy Sulwyn as much as I had and grow to accept her in the coming months.

ooc|| I have not edited this, so try to look over the mistakes XD
Thor

Unregistered

Sulwyn

With a sullen nod at the kind stallion's words, the mare began to move forwards again. She knew that he meant only to be considerate and take her mind off of the past, but the mare couldn't help but feel like she had just been dealt a blow to the stomach. Her act of cowardice was not something that she liked to confess to openly, and it had emotionally drained her to tell him of what she had not been brave enough to do, and she couldn't help but feel that Thor was supporting her in a criticizing way. He may not have said it so freely, but Sulwyn picked up on the double-edged meaning of his words.

We are a family that comes together in the toughest of times. Sulwyn was sure that those words would now haunt her.

Shaking their past conversation off like a crisp brown leaf withering from its stem, the vixen turned her attention to the land they they were approaching. The faint wisps of mist from before were growing into thick clouds and pressing against the travelers' hides, and billows of steam wafted out through Sulwyn's nose with each breath. The smell of salt was steadily growing stronger, and silver ears pricked slightly at the roaring of distant waves. The mustang had never seen the ocean before, and therefore did not know what to think of it. Were the crashing waves going to be a nuisance when she tried to gather her thoughts, or was the melodious rhythm going to help lull the mare to sleep when she laid her head down to rest?

The thought of seeing the giant monster of an ocean was miniscule compared to the thought of resting her golden gaze on the figures of her new herd, and Sulwyn immediately began to feel restless. The stab of pain that came when she thought of her parents was dulled by the mare's anxiety over meeting a cluster of judgmental and inquisitive gazes all boring down at her at once, and the mustang shivered. She had a habit of making things out to be worse than they seemed, and it seemed that that habit was not going to leave her be, either.

Left to worry over the reputation that her first impression would leave her with, Sulwyn didn't notice that there was another horse waiting to greet them. She was so absorbed in her thoughts, in fact, that she didn't look up until her shoulder brushed against one of Thor's wings, startling her. The fae was met with even more surprise when she rested her gaze on the other's brow; there, nestled between each brilliant orb, was a long, spiraling horn.

Sulwyn's eyes widened in shock at the sight of the protrusion on her forehead, but she knew better than to let her jaw hang open in astonishment. Instead, the mare followed suit and turned her eyes to her hooves, giving a deep bow before bringing her head up to look at the horn again. As if to make up for rudeness, the mare nickered, "Forgive me, stranger, but I've not seen a unicorn until just this day. I am known as Sulwyn, and I have come to understand that you are Hellena?"

A quick glance at the dappled mare showed that she was indeed not an equine. As if her gleaming horn was not proof enough, each of the unicorn's slender legs ended with a dainty cloven hoof. The mustang felt almost light-headed at the sight of the mythical beast, but she kept herself from acting out. All creatures were made equal, and Sulwyn simply refused to appear prejudice towards a horse that was not of her own species.

Looking to Thor for approval, the equine greeted, "I am most delighted to meet you, fair Hellena."

That works just fine with me ^^

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

Observations made from afar give insight, knowledge and wisdom without the necessity of interaction; it was my ideal method of learning. Some call me a hermit, others call me naïve, others still would call me foolish, and then there are even some who would call me wise. I am well learned of the ways of the world, many years have my hooves scraped the loam of the earth below, for what seems like eons have my violet eyes absorbed all that is around me, for millennia have my ears clutched to the whispers of the wind. I share my knowledge, with those who ask, those who prove themselves worthy, and able, to handle the consequences of it.

Slowly but surely, one member of this herd is working his way into my trusted view. The leader of the herd is strong, her return was celebrated by the very fibres that make up the trees, the dampness that makes up the mists which seem to be animated of their own will. But those that follow her, that work for the lands, that show their dedication through even the most menial tasks, they too earn the trust of a being who has been here almost as long as the lands themselves; me. With a strange, small, distant smile upon my pewter lips do I greet the stallion with wings that will never lift his body from the ground, the large, dominating chassis of Thor coming into my sights.

Once again, he brings with him a promise, a fresh soul to wander our realm, a new perspective for us to consider. I tilt my tiara majestically to the dark bay steed, casting his a curious glance as his muzzle touches upon my own flesh - I do not reject the touch but neither do I return it in kind. I then turn my naturally inquisitive gaze onto this new mare; this little equine, who stands before me surprised, shocked, and rightly so. I could only imagine what it could be like to never spy a creature of another species, to live in a realm where magic was non-existent, where pegasus, unicorns or anything in between were myth and fairytale.

My horn points to the ground as with a smooth motion gracefully return the greeting, a colourful, soft, lilting melody wuffling forth from my maw as I do so. I offer them a smile, small and suggestive of welcome and comforts, as I make to respond, my voice as mysterious as the mists that gather around my fetlocks. "Indeed, I am Hellena, Seer." I lift my tiara again, and take a step closer to the maiden, my stride is sweeping and purposeful, my intent is to get a better look of her, to assess yet another creature Thor has brought here for me to, well, judge in the unique, critical way that only I am capable of. "Welcome to the World's Edge. I trust Thor has filled you in on the workings of the herd?"

With an almost coy, playful glance, I silently question the nurse, a gentle smirk tugging at the corners of my lips.

Before me, plans were unfolding slowly. Perhaps they weren’t so much considered plans as much as achievements. I felt at once as if there were something more in my life, something worth enduring. The two mares seemed to lose themselves in quiet banter that occasionally hinted at my poor perusal of information about The Edge. But I was certain that once those newcomers crossed out “county lines” they would be properly taken care of by those like Hellena. She was a mare full of heart and determination and I was sure that Sulwyn would find her more than endearing. I smiled between the two, one strong and confident in her own skin and the other still working to discover just who she claimed to be. That’s not to say that I held anything against the silvery mare, in fact, I felt that I could identify with her on more than one level.

I watched as her lips pressed together at the sight of Hellena and all of her grace and beauty. It was such an appealing thing that I found myself reprimanding my actions once again in her presence. I supposed that I had a queer interest in the comforting of the female gender… However, I assumed most males could say the same. But, for the moment, I was able to get lost in her golden eyes, burning with an intensity for life that I had altogether forgotten about myself. I wondered what she saw when she looked into my own gaze, unwavering as we connected for a brief moment. Did she find me endearing as well?

I wasn’t in a place to care. She was part of my family, but she was no Tamira.

I’m quite certain that there are a few things that I’ve managed to leave out. As you know, I often let small talk get the best of me.” I smiled down at Hellena, a small smile that was almost entirely indifferent. My thoughts had wandered by now, tracing the lines of a memory. Tamira had been in the Deep Forest when we first met and she had seemed to be so… shaken. However, now that I looked into those beautiful eyes I found a confidence. It was not one that made her arrogant or overbearing though. It was one that, to me, made her strong. How I longed to see her now.

Miss Sulwyn, if there is anything that you need to know, I should always be close by for assistance.” I looked back into those mesmerizing golden eyes once more, trapped by their sincerity. Something about them made me feel at home or maybe I was just simply entranced by the newness of her appeal. Whatever the case, it was time I reined in my affections and planted them a little closer to home. Perhaps seeing my sweet Tamira again was long overdue, after all, I was seeing her everywhere I went.

Unregistered

Sulwyn

Stout silver legs shuffled awkwardly as friendly banter was passed from one beast to another. The owner of those antsy legs was feeling rather... uncomfortable, for lack of a better word, with the flow of conversation that passed so easily from these two strangers. She envied them, to say the least, and longed to be so at ease with the pair of them as they were with each other.

Nervous golden eyes cast their gaze on gentle brown ones, searching for encouragement. She knew that she had a friend in the big bay stallion, and that he would always be there to guide her, but to what extent? When did his kindly act as an elder sibling reach its limit? Not that the mare wanted him to stop being so generous towards her; she really appreciated it -- she'd still be wandering around the Threshold, completely passing Helovia by if not for him. She just knew from experience that all good things end in misery.

"I don't think you've informed me of much, now that the lady mentions it," the grulla's worrisome eyes now shone with a playful glimmer, and she found that her spirits were beginning to pick up as she became more engaged in the conversation.

"I'd love to hear more about the hierarchy of the Edge, but that can wait until we're settled in, can't it? I'm afraid that my hooves will fall off from exhaustion, and I'm sure that you must be tired too, sir." Sulwyn reached out with her silver lips to scratch at his withers, her neck almost having to go completely vertical to reach the stallion's great height. Her gesture of friendship, although not as subtle as she had wanted it to be, had completely opened the floodgates of her mind. It felt incredibly liberating to be so open towards another, to lessen the burden that she carried upon her shoulders, and to interact with someone after so many months of traveling. It was like she had let down the stage curtain, and now the still-developing props and the unprepared actors were all vulnerable to the scrutinizing gaze of the audience. It was like taking a breath of fresh air, to finally be able to let the acts and scenes of her own personal play be witnessed for the first time.

Sorry guys, I'm just not feeling it tonight. I tried DX

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

A small curve of smugness tainted the edges of my smirk as Thor admitted he probably left details out on the herd, it mattered little at this stage, for the mare seemed to have some sense about her , wits and cunning that, despite her youthful age, had allowed her to live and successfully catch the attention of our delightful nurse. Romance was something I was terribly unpractised at, while I could play and flirt and allow a suggestive glint to enter my eyes, it was never serious for me, never more than surface deep; nothing but the mists of this land had managed to enter my heart, nothing besides the Goddess of the Moon could ever capture my affections so completely.

So as the two seemed mesmerised by the hues of each others eyes, I simply continued on, oblivious to any stirrings going on within the chests and emotional centres of these two souls who would share my home with me. My smile becomes gentler, more amused than anything else, as the mare confirms she knows little of our ranks, it is an easy thing to forgive, though it would be wise for her to learn them without dawdle. She mentions her fatigue, and it is only then that my keen eyes trace her form, and notice the tremors that rack her chassis, as her muscles threaten to give way to their tiring journey. A small frown, concerned, caring, mars my brow now, as my tones speak with a gentle but firm certainty.

"Of course. Follow me to the nearest camp, and rest. You are protected here."

((- I'd be happy to finish this here, if you wanted to make another thread after she's 'woken up' at a camp or something, I'd be happy to keep going ^^ -))

Unregistered
{{ That's fine by me, unless Thor wants to post? }}

I'm good, we can close it. <3