the Rift

The last flake of Frostfall [Open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

As Tallsun approached in it's slow and steady way, the Throat was becoming a less pleasant place to be. It was getting hotter, the rain didn't come as frequently, and the grass there had begun to taste drier than normal. As she trotted across the Steppes, relishing the cool snow on her hooves, she reflected that her time there should be spent very, very close to the oasis. It was a good herdland, easily defensible, but whoever had the bright idea to settle in the desert must have had a bit of heatstroke. Then again, anyone who made their home here was equally daft.

Speaking of herdlands, there was a reason Aryel kept pausing to look around, scanning the underbrush-dotted horizon for other horses. She was just a few miles from the Aurora Basin border, and she didn't plan to get any closer. She knew that plenty of other horses came here, but since that group of hornheads had settled in nearby, horses had been less than eager to come here. Aryel gave a snort, tossing her head in contempt. Unicorns. What did she have to fear from unicorns? She saw any approaching, and she could be off the ground and home free before they reached her. Didn't hurt to be cautious, though.

Still, a part of her just wanted to break the rules and survey the Basin from the air just to tweak them. They may have considered themselves to be the superior race, but they still held no dominion over the air. But there was really little to gain from a scouting trip, aside from possibly causing an incident and earning herself the disapproval of Kri and Sumati for doing so without orders. No, for now she would just enjoy the snow, savoring what little comfort she could find before Tallsun began in earnest.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

Ever since the herd meeting held by his Sultana, Kri, Levi wanted to congratulate his good friend Aryel. He was so proud that she and himself had gotten ranked up together and she also got an award for one of the most honored members in the Throat. How amazing was that? He and Aryel, from the beginning, got along very well. They did a lot together, whether it was watching foals or fighting for their herd they were almost like two pees in a pod. He felt as though nothing could interfere with their friendship not even Tio. He would let no one interfere with talking to her like Tio, an outcast, had spoken to her the day that he tried to claim the Throat. The way he looked at her was almost like he wanted to eat her, but luckily Kri was there to help sort it out. It was not un common for stallions to think that Aryel was attractive, since she was beautiful, and Levi always thought that about her. Even the first time they had met, he was so caught up on her beauty, the he crashed into a sand dune while flying. The memory of the first time they had met made Levi chuckle as he suddenly spotted her. His silver orbs filled with glee as he made his way over towards her.

“Aryel!” He shouted running full speed. When he finally reached her, he pressed his muzzle onto her cheek greeting her with affection. “Aryel I have been looking for you all over.” He stood next to her somewhat out of breath as he took his muzzle from her cheek. “I wanted to congratulate you for your rank up and also for being one of the most honored members of the Throat! You deserved it” A genuine smile came to his face as he kept himself close to her.

"blah blah blah."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel

(Edit: Ohcrud, I nearly forgot about the spar they had planned. Should I start it now? And where should it take place? I was thinking the Throat or the Heavenly Fields.)

Someone called her name in the distance, prompting Aryel to survey the snowy land around her. A familiar silver-black form was cantering towards her, drawing a grin from the blue-tinted mare. Seems Levi had found her again. She waited until he had neared, then snorted happily as he greeted her with a nuzzle, returning it with one of her own. "Good to see you again, Levi." she said. She laughed as he congratulated her. "Don't sell yourself short." she chided. "You deserved your promotion as much as I did." True, she felt a little guilty about the sun amulet that hung around her neck today, but there was no sign of envy in her friend's eyes, which was a great relief.

She chanced a mischievous smile. "See anything of that ass Tio lately?" she asked. "To be honest, I don't even know if he's serious about fighting the herd. He'll never get anyone to fight for him if he keeps going around and causing trouble like he did in the Throat. Really, what sort of horses would rally around one like him?

Ones just as bad as him, maybe. The thought caused a shiver of unease down her spine, but she shook it off. They had nothing to worry about. Their herd was twice as strong as any Outcast band, and twice as loyal to eachother. She didn't know every Throat horse by name, but she knew that if it came to a fight, she could count on them to watch her back, and her to watch theirs.

She flicked her tail once as a particular Throat horse came to mind. Lana hadn't been at the meeting. Wonder where that silly filly's gotten off to now, she thought. Well, little matter. Herd horses frequently roamed outside their territory.They could tell her about the meeting when she came back.

"blah blah blah."

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

Aryel returned a soft nuzzle back and Levi felt excited to see her. The two were friends and now ranked up together as the stood on either side of Kri during the meeting. It was almost shocking to Levi since he was so excited about getting ranked and he had no idea. He and Aryel had have many adventures together, especially ones that involved fighting. When they had met Tio, she was quick to snap back at him as though she was not afraid as him. Aryel was no cowards, in fact, she was quite brave in the sense of being a soldier. Levi had never fought her before, but he knew if she did that he would meet his maker since she was not the type to back down or go easy. She would give Levi a run for his money and probably kick his ass.

Aryel’s voice rang as she spoke to him kindly. Nodding his head, Levi watched her as she started to speak again. Her chiming laughter filled the cool air as he gave a slight smile. His dark lips drew back as she congratulated him on his rank up. “Thank you Aryel, it really means a lot to me.” Bowing his head slightly the brute gave a slight whinny as he stood tall once again. His muscles were starting to get larger from all of his fighting. His silver gaze was drawn to her blue roan pelt as it sure was eye catching. As she talked again Levi looked her right in her eyes as anger poured through his system

“Nope I have not seen Tio lately because if I did he would be under my command as a prisoner or dead. Tio is no leader, in fact, he is a sissy. He has no concept on how to fight and no brain. No one would want to follow a line of idiocy and make a fool out of themselves. He is not worth anyone’s time and he was certainly unacceptable to all of us, especially Kri.” Levi snorted with disgust as he looked away from Aryel. He did not want to get mad while she was around, but he had no choice. Even the thought of Tio made him angry… how was he going to deal with this anger? I have to find Tio, so I can end this. Levi thought was a sudden smirk of adventure.

[OOC: Its alright:3 And sure how about the Throat? ]

"blah blah blah."

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Who is this Tio then 'eh?"

I approach the two Pegasus's with no worry. I know them both,and neither are a threat to me. Aryel,the ignorant blue mare had greeted me at the Throat. And Levi,the black Pegasus hero who had helped dear little Locket be more trusting with me,along with a warning that meant nothing. Nothing. And he better know that. There threats would not scare me,nor scar me inside. I would take them with a sly grin on my face,hunting for the next best thing to say to them.

This Tio they were talking about certainly sounded interesting. No brain apparently and a sissy. I wonder what he is really like? Surely if these two didn't like him,then I surely would. These seemed to be the more boring kind of characters,with no ambitious aim in life as I had and many others and I wouldn't be surprised if this Tio had big ambitions to.

"Oh sorry where are my manners,greetings Levi and Aryel" Light prints of my paws lay behind me as I come straight forward to greet the two,facing there heads and sitting out of reach of any hoof kicks,not that they would knowing them. They weren't anything like I was. "By the way Levi,what would you do if I had my teeth round her neck?" A grin grows as I refer back to a earlier meeting with him where I had gone thought the taunting process with him and Locket and it had worked a treat.

[Hope you don't mind Lupus joining in:3]

"blah blah blah."

Image credit;Woxys

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel

"Good." she said as Levi denied seeing any sign of him recently. "He can go cavort across the meadow with daisies in his mane for all I care, but he better not show up at the Throat anytime soon." She just didn't understand how someone as arrogant as he was would be able to gather an army.

A very unwelcome voice interrupted her thoughts. Speaking of arrogant...

"Hello again, fleabag." she said, turning to face the white wolf. Her eyes were hooded, head raised in an aloof and uncaring manner, as if the wolf was nothing more than a slightly interesting yet disgusting bug. "If you really must know, Tio's a stallion who's even dumber than you and twice as ugly, and has gotten it into his head that he's going to march on the Throat." she gave a disgusted snort. "But surely you recall how Kri and I can send an intruder packing. Remember? Because that intruder was you." For all his posturing and smirking, this wolf was severely outmatched. Two strong horses in their prime could easily kill a solitary wolf. Oh, she wouldn't kill him today, no. She frowned upon mindless murder. Some other day, maybe, when she had a good reason.

She snorted again as Lupus mockingly greeted them. Her disinterested expression lost some of it's disinterest as Lupus idly wondered aloud what Levi would do if he attacked Aryel. Her head lowered in an aggressive position, ears going back. "You wouldn't even have the chance, mutt." she hissed, advancing on him. "We would've trampled you into a bloody pulp before you could lunge." Nothing quite got under Aryel's skin like someone assuming she was weak. While Lupus hadn't outright stated it, her hate of him had led her to hear the implication in his words, whether it was really there or not.

"Speaking her mind." Rare moments of thought. Taking action.

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

Levi nodded in agreement to Aryel. There was no way that the idiot stallion would be able to take over the Throat. What was he thinking? He would be able to create an army that would be bigger than the Throat? “I would like to see him even try to take over the Throat, because I know he would fail. He would not be able to get past us he’s too much of a pussy cat.” His ears perked forwards as he let out a silvery chuckle. “Wait, you haven’t seen him lately have you?” He asked in somewhat a dark manner. He was more serious about the topic because Tio seemed to be a very good talker, well manipulator, to the ladies. The grullo was not giving him credit, but just acknowledging him for everything that he could be. His silver orbs were locked on hers as he needed to know. He needed to know if that scum bag got his dainty little hooves on her because if he did Levi would surely kill him. He was a traitor and nothing, but a lying puke.

Ugh, thinking about a lying traitor…

Lupus, a white pelted wolf, walked into the area with he and Aryel. He was not sure if he trusted Lupus or not, but it was iffy. If Lupus proved to show that he was just a trickster, but did not mean any harm then Levi could possibly trust him. If he just acted as his normal than Levi would hate his guts even more. Either way, the mutt was getting on his nerves. He totally interrupted their conversation having to know every little detail about their lives. Explaining who Tio was, Levi looked at Lupus casually, not mean, but not kind either. “I advise to you, if you want to keep your herd safe, then to tell your herd about him. It may not be the throat that he wants to take over, it could be the Basin as well.” Snorting with annoyance, the brute turned to him as he asked what he would do if he has his throat around Aryel’s neck. Ah, so he starts up again… He really wants me to hurt him doesn’t he? Levi thought astonishingly.

Not to his surprise did Aryel reply for herself. She was no baby, and she could take Lupus any day and would probably kill him in three kicks. “Mutt, you have a lot to learn.” Levi said with a slight chuckle “Your foolishness does not bother me, and any how Aryel can fend quite well for herself don't be fooled by her.” He looked at her with a smirk as he thought it might be fun to fool around with Lupus.

"blah blah blah."

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

A crafty grin is plastered to my maw as I drink in the words,and behaviour,of each Pegasus. Aryel had obviously learnt nothing since I last saw her. She still had to same mouthy attitude. It was rather amusing. Tio's a stallion who's even dumber than you and twice as ugly. The words amuse me further. I knew she didn't mean them how I had interoperated them but perhaps that's what made it even more amusing. Levi however had at least learnt something from our last meeting. He kindly warned me about this stallion who wanted to take over the Throat. I honestly didn't care if he wanted to take over the Throat,as far as i'm concerned it's a dump. What is actually there?

Aryel again. I roll my eyes at her. For a start,she wasn't even involved in that and knew nothing of the meeting between me and Levi and what had happened and obviously didn't get it. Her rather aggressive step towards me,with her ears pinned back,does not make me flinch in the slightest,merely allow a chuckle of some kind of mocking laughter drip out my jaw. Levi to decide to join with the ever so mocking words as my laugh ceased after he finished speaking,his smirk hadn't gone unnoticed.

First I adress Levi. "Thanks for the warning Levi." My voice is mocking. Why would we need to fear this Tio? Now my attention turns to Aryel. A sickly sweet smile flicks onto my face as I speak. "Well,it's good to know I am not the dumbest or worst looking around here." My tone is put on,purposely so that Levi and Aryel could tell it was fake and only on to mock them. I slowly start to pace round them both,heading round Aryel first,my mind working cunningly as I remember what she had called me. A fleabag and apparently she had sent me packing. I choose to forget the fleabag words,but the packing but had stuck in my head and it was soon in a forest of thrones,poking at it with sharp points,seeing what would spill out,weather it would be a red liquid,or not spill at all. "and what do you mean by packing Aryel? Do you mean you think I won't return? Maybe I shell have to meet this Tio." A wicked smile is casted on my jaw.

"blah blah blah."

Image credit;Woxys

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel paused as Levi spoke again, asking her if she had seen Tio at all. She had frequently daydreamed about finding him and ending their worries then and there, but alas, he had gone to ground like an injured coyote and was nowhere to be seen. "Haven't seen hide or hair of him, and good riddance." she said to Levi, ignoring the wolf for the moment. He was the one in danger here, so if he wanted to talk he would damn well wait his turn. "Besides, once the wall comes up, he won't even be able to get in." For a moment, she wondered if it was smart to mention the Throat's wall when the wolf was in earshot, but it wasn't like they could hide it. It would no doubt take a while to finished, but if Tio ended up taking forever to gather enough horses to fight for him (which currently seemed to be the most likely outcome) she almost wanted to see his face when he saw the wall gleaming smugly along their border.

She glanced back at the wolf again, a wry smirk crossing her feature. "Oh no, you're the dumbest and ugliest wolf I've ever seen. Just not the dumbest or ugliest period. Tio probably takes the cake for dumbest, and that fat brindle Crowley is no doubt the ugliest." She tossed her head. "And the most cowardly. You can tell him I said that, by the way." Her ears went backwards, however, as she caught Lupus's implied threat to return to the Throat. Personal insults she could take and return, but you didn't make threats against her herdland. Despite having been there for less than a year, she had found a herd of loyalty and bravery, and a caring, indomitable leader she almost worshiped. You didn't threaten her home. "I can guarantee you I'd be waiting with a big smile and big welcoming committee," she said, turning to face him again. "And by welcoming committee, I mean a squadron of soldiers." His musing about meeting Tio gave her pause for a moment, but she decided to try a bluff. "I doubt he'd listen." she said. "He hates non-equines about as much as your Basin buddies hate non-unicorns." That was completely unfounded, but she didn't really care. Aryel tilted her head. "Come to think of it, why did they even let you in? I don't see a horn on your head."

Walk walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk talk."

ARYEL</style>
In blood and honor, we will prevail.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

The sly grin on my maw shows no sign of ceasing,even when I was being ignored by Aryel,not that she was ignoring me for long and anyway,she didn't keep me board when she was ignoring me,in fact it have been rather interesting. Besides, once the wall comes up, he won't even be able to get in. A wall? How very interesting. From what I had gathered they were planning on building a wall to keep trespassers out. If anything though,it sounded like a challenge to try and get in the land of the dessert wanders. Her wry smile catches my eye and I am drawn from my though,but it is not forgotten. Oh no, you're the dumbest and ugliest wolf I've ever seen. I look to her,my grin firmly in place. Did she really not realize I knew what she meant and I was only twisting her words? Tio probably takes the cake for dumbest, and that fat brindle Crowley is no doubt the ugliest. Crowley? Who was he? Though,from the way he was spoke of by Aryel,I guessed he was her enemy and it made me rather curious to meet him.

Her ears then whip back. I have obviously touched a soft spot of hers. By now I had traveled round the back of her (making sure to keep out the way of her back legs) as was slinking in between the body's of Aryel and Levi and coming to face them both again. I can guarantee you I'd be waiting with a big smile and big welcoming committee. And by welcoming committee, I mean a squadron of soldiers. I laugh,sitting on the cold fluffy snow. Really? She would have a whole squadron of soldiers or me? Bless her,i'm touched. Oh,i'm so funny arn't I?

I doubt he'd listen. He hates non-equines about as much as your Basin buddies hate non-unicorns. That was news to my ears. I suspected that the Basin were formed of a bunch of racist Unicorns,by the fact no Equines or Pegasus's lived there. It didn't bother me anyway. Why should I care about there species preferences? Come to think of it, why did they even let you in? I don't see a horn on your head. I laugh again,the notes rolling of my tongue. Why wouldn't they want me?

"Really Aryel? You would use a whole Squadron,just for me? Ahh thanks,I am truly touched. I love the way my mind can twist speech. "I would love to text there skill." My voice turns all of a sudden,colder and my sly grin wiped totally of my maw. Colder then what it had ever been in a while as my challenging words leave a pause in my words. Now to the 'how I joined' business. It was a simple answer. "And why wouldn't the Basin want me?" My jaw line flickers up the slightest bit as my eyes travel from Levi,to Aryel.

[Ava I saw you were on absent and I hope you don't mind me replay. Just ask me to delete it if you would like to replay<3]

"blah blah blah."

Find
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »