the Rift

When the stars come out :: { moved }

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
God of the Moon
May 1, 2012, 11:57am

From the mists surrounding the cliff's edge, a purple light begins to glow. The violet swirls make for a lovely sight, beautiful and elegant as they move through the depths of the clouds. The light grows more intense, however, as the night pulls itself across the sky. A beam of iridescent purple light shoots upward toward the moon, until a figure begins to form from the mists. Stars form in the misty clouds surrounding the peak, swirling closer and closer to form the figure of a mare. Wings slowly grow from her back from the congealing stars, followed by a delicate black horn upon her head.

Suddenly, the purple light is absorbed into the body, returning the violet sheen to the Moon Goddess's coat. Her silver pooled eyes flash open, and up she jumps onto the edge of the World. A purple mist forms at her feet, glimmering with the faint sheen of the stars. The full moon up above bathes her in the purest light. Darkness has reached the World's Edge, but what could the lady possibly want?

Mauja the Frostheart
May 2, 2012, 7:10am

The purple light that shone above the lands that he had claimed as his own was what pulled Mauja to the very edge of the world. When he arrived he stood in awe, watching as the Mood Goddess herself appeared before him. She was beautiful, he thought. Near perfection. It was just those wings that kept her from being the embodiment of what every unicorn should have been.

"My lady." He dipped his head respectfully to the Goddess. "What brings you to grace the World's Edge with your presence?" His head finally lifted and he gazed at the Goddess. Finally, he decided that even though she had wings they did not take away from her beauty

Mirage
May 2, 2012, 9:52pm

The mare was being pulled by a force stronger than gravity itself, towards lands that she had not yet ventured within. The World’s Edge was very much a land Mirage could find herself comfortable in. The queenly dragon was by her side as always, flying at a speed to match the canter that brought the mare’s neat hooves within the lands. The trees hummed with a life of their own, the rays of the moonlight dripped over her raven-dark bodice between the leaves’ shadows, and she felt so perfectly at home. The scent of the Edge invigorated her, and the energy that pulsed here reminded her of the energy that pulsed throughout her birthland, it was something she missed sorely, and clung to now.

Akaith chirped, informing Mirage that the occupants of this land were of the horned variety, Unicorns. The mare stored the information away for later, curious that no other species would call such a realm their home. But her focus was now upon the glowing god that so easily stepped down from the heavens to rest her delicate hooves upon the Edge. The wind churned around them, the great silver orb stood high in the sky, and shadows clung to their makers tightly. When Mirage walked forth from the trees to spy the edge of the cliffline, the darkness hovered around her. She bothered not with her illusionary cloak this evening, knowing it pointless for the Goddess would surely pierce straight through it with her enchanting glare anyway. The mare saw the stallion, but was too preoccupied to care for what purpose he was here.

Tiara dipped low, so low, that one foreleg buckled and her left knee scraped along the ground. Reverently the mare bowed before her deity, Eyes shut tightly closed to hold back the overwhelming emotions coursing through her. So many questions she had, and yet she had not travelled to the Vein. Perhaps there were deeper currents at play, maybe she was drawn to this land for a reason. Opening her golden gaze, she looked upon the embodiment of her beloved Goddess. Rising steadily to her feet, she noticed vaguely that Akaith had taken perch in one of the trees. The dragon had her own cranium bowed in respect to the Goddess, and remained stoically silent – though prepared to defend her bonded’s cause should any seek to disturb her reverence.

“My Lady,” Mirage began, her usually bland voice colourful this evening with emotion, reverence and admiration. She wondered idly if the Goddess would recognise her strange accent to be one of lands that Lady Luna had carved herself, lands named the Path of the Moon, lands that ran thick within her blood. “It is an honour.” She could think of nothing more to say, she felt like whenever the Goddess’ gaze crept over her form she would read everything that was upon Mirage’s very soul anyway, and so she allowed the all-seeing one to see all there was of her in peaceful silence.

God of the Moon
May 8, 2012, 7:16pm

"It is my home, Mauja the FrostHeart, so of course I like to visit," she says in response, her delicate features looking at him with a cool placcidity. Turning around to face him completely, the lady gives him a smug look. "Though you seem to have fun acting as King." A smirk plays out on her lips, the joke was dry, as was her humor. Of course, the Goddess was only half joking. The Edge was her patron land, after all, and she would happily claim herself the crown if she had such worldly ambitions.

The lady looked at the white one, who appeared without company, slightly saddened by the lack of a welcome. Her brother had received much greater a response, and he was a pompous ass. This unicorn had a great hatred within him, one that worried the Goddess. While she was partial to the unicorns, with their simple grace and beauty, she never judged as this one did with his cool eyes. She had felt them upon her own wings - eyes of disgust. The lady remained with an impartial face, though, as to give no hint of what she knew aside from his name.

The Plague could be useful yet.

Eyes of liquid silver drift from the face of the King, toward the trees as a dark figure appears. This lady moves in reverence, her head dipped low, her body pulled into a graceful bow. Intrigued, the Goddess looks toward the golden companion she arrived with, and back toward the mare herself. She held an inner light, which the Moon God felt was some sort of magic. Still, the way she dipped and scraped, you would believe she had no other to thank for her magic than the lady painted lavender to which Mirage bowed.

"Hello, Mirage," she says, her eyes curious. "Welcome to the World's Edge." Silver eyes glance toward the stallion, awaiting the rebuke of her welcome he was likely to make. Only unicorns lived within the Edge - that was the rule. "And welcome to you, as well, Akaith."

Mauja the Frostheart
May 14, 2012, 10:56am

"I am only king because my lady has chosen for me to be king." Mauja said in response to the Moon Goddess. Maybe she had chosen him, maybe she hadn't but he liked to believe that his position had been given to him by the Goddess that called the World's Edge her home. He believed she had made the right choice by choosing him. He had ambitions and goals while those of his herd seemed happy to just follow. All except for Psyche, that is, but the mare had disappeared not long after their trip to the grove. He wondered if she'd given birth to their child yet.

His attention was directed away from the goddess as another appeared. An equine, he noticed, though he held back a look of disgust. While, indeed, unicorns were the only species allowed to live within the Edge's borders equines and pegasi were still allowed to roam through if only so he could keep up his peaceful appearance with the other herds. "Welcome to the World's Edge." He echoed his goddess. His gaze rose from the mare to her dragon and one of his ears tilted back. He didn't trust dragons one bit, but then again he didn't trust anything that could breathe fire and ruin his winter.

Mirage
May 15, 2012, 9:56pm

The magic that had activated within Mirage within the first few steps she had taken when arriving at Isilme was always something she had considered to be an instinctual yearning that required the mystic lands in order to bubble to the surface. She had never associated it with a particular god figurine, simply accepting it as a token of her inner self, her namesake, coming to life. The fact that it was Light, illusionary magic never bothered her, for it truly was magic of her heart, magic that allowed her bodice to transform into a flickering, blurry and unfocussed phantasm. It was the definition of her personality – tricky and enigmatic.

The stallion made acknowledgement of her, and did so politely and curtly, so the mare flicked her golden eyes towards him briefly, tilting her tiara in a respectful display of salutation. King though he was, here they stood before a Goddess, and so her attention did not linger upon him for long. The Goddess spoke, the Lady Artemis, Lady Luna, the one whose lands had crafted the blood running through Mirage’s veins. Oh, how Mirage longed to live on lands blessed by this very being, how she yearned for moonlight’s touch to wash over her forevermore. She was born in lands where the sun never rose, and she could so easily go back there, tired of having her favourite moonlit period cut short by the rising of the sun every morning. Of course, she had adapted, having adjusted her sleeping timetable to preserve her night vision, generally the mare would seek a dark cave out in the middle of the day to give in to slumber. Then came the issue of interacting with those whom she called friends, those who would normally interact during the daylight hours – but she had excellent stamina, and needed only a few hours of good quality sleep in order to function.

Akaith acknowledged the Goddess before her in her own regal, matriarchal manner. Extending her wings and stretching them behind her, she lowered her crown to the Lady Luna, her posture giving her the look of an elongated back, as she revealed her nape to the Goddess, a display of deep trust and reverence in any language. Tingles ran down Mirage’s spine as the Lady Artemis addressed her directly, a warmth rising within her of excitement and rapture. “We thank you for the welcome.” She said to the Goddess, though flicked her gaze to the stallion once more, her voice honest as she spoke. “Both of you.” It was a swift shift of her attention, for she was gazing to the embodiment of the moon herself once again shortly after. “I could not resist the yearning within my soul to gaze upon you so near. For so long I have looked to you, used your celestial form as a guide for my journeys.” She hoped to convey the honest love for her guardian in her words, for she truly believed that since birth, the Moon had been her guide, as it was her mother’s, and all those born of the Path of the Moon.

“For your years of aid madam, I would seek only to gratify you in return, speak what you will and allow me to serve you in return.” Honey-warm eyes never faltered as they looked into the unfathomable stare of her Goddess. Should Mirage ever face the other Gods, she would undoubtedly treat them all with due respect and honour, but it was the Moon Goddess whom she always sought and believed in. In fact, before Isilme, it hadn’t occurred to her that other Gods might exist, though in hindsight it made sense to her now, but she would always hold firm to the beliefs that ran thick in her blood and soul. Standing before her now, the little black mare awaited what might be asked of her.

God of the Moon
May 17, 2012, 1:17pm

She smiles at Mauja's comment, a calculated and cold expression, despite its normal ties to happiness. Maybe she had chosen him; one thing was certain, she had not moved to replace him, and by that reasoning, the stallion did have her blessing to be King.

The lady of the night watches both of the servants of the moon, contrasted in colors, so different in personalities. However, the Goddess could feel a similar amount of manipulation in the minds of them both, as well as adoration. Trying to maintain a less omnipotent state before her company, though, the mare attempted to keep her prying thoughts out of their heads. Some of the intents and thoughts were kept too close to the surface to be ignored, yet the majority of their secrets were far from her immediate pool of knowledge.

Mauja was surprisingly welcoming to the mare, which impressed the Goddess a bit. With all of his racism pent up, she had expected at least a scowl on his part. He just simply went along with the welcoming, perhaps humbled by the patron God's acceptance of this strange mare in her territory.

The words of devotion were impressive to the lavender mare, who watched with cloaked silver eyes, ears standing at close attention. Behind the golden eyes of this black mare seemed to be traces of another land, one bathed in the beauty of night. With envy the Moon Goddess caught glimpses of her memories, not quite certain of where this one had hailed. The land sounded beautiful - if only Helovia could be bathed in eternal night.

Mauja was not so involved in his past, the Goddess noted. His thoughts were in the present, his admiration of her beauty obvious, but there was also a wariness - to what, the lady did not care to delve into. The King was being polite and stoic, so she need not push the delicate issue at the moment.

"Gladly I accept your devotion to the beautiful night, lady," the Moon God says, her silver eyes smiling when her lips did not. Looking up at the large moon, her eyes appeared to mirror the celestial body. "Should I ever have need of a trustworthy ally, you shall be first upon my mind." Though she was a tricky mare, the Goddess had no doubts that she could be trusted, as long as the Moon was under her control.

"I suppose you are both wondering why I have made such a dramatic appearance," the lady starts, her smirk speaking of the humor she felt at her grand entrance. The purpose was to attract attention, and even then, it did not glean much. The two that did appear, however, were upstanding followers of the moon. For that, they would be remembered. "It has come to my attention that my brother, Keeper of the Sun, has created quite a few relationships with the mortals here in Helovia. He would put on a lovely face for those he meets, but I assure you, he only seeks domination and power."

The warning was serious enough to allow for a pause, her eyes trailing to the unicorn, to the equine, to the dragon.

"I wish to counteract this by having such lovely followers as you below, keeping an eye on those who fall victim to my fork-tongued kin."

Mauja the Frostheart
May 21, 2012, 7:57pm

Much to the King's displeasure and unease, the Goddess accepted the equine graciously and seemed more welcoming to her than to himself. He gazed at Mirage as the two had their exchange, making mental notes. If the Goddess called this unhorned mare an ally then no harm would come to her from him nor his warriors. Any being that the Moon Goddess called an ally would be accepted by the Edge herd until the Goddess declared them an enemy. It would be very unwise to go against such a powerful being's wishes.

"That I am, my lady." He said, his attention leaving Mirage and going back to the Goddess. "I do hope you bring good tidings to the World's Edge." Even though, in his very core, he wanted battle he was not ready for it yet. The Plague was still small and needed warriors.

As the Goddess spoke again Mauja listened. The Sun God was gathering followers. Domination and Power. "Do his followers have a name for themselves?" He questioned. Perhaps he had heard of them in passing. Even if he hadn't he could keep an ear open. "And do they call a specific land home?" He threw a glance in Mirage's direction before settling his gaze, once more, on the Goddess.

"Do you wish us to fight them?" He questioned her next statement. A battle between the Sun and the Moon, how exciting it would be. "I will send my herd out to start spreading word of the Moon's goodness.... anyone who wishes to follow the the Moon's light my call the Edge their home." It was a decision he didn't much care for. The Edge was supposed to home for the unicorns only, but if the Sun was gathering followers then the Moon would, too. They would all live together until the time came for them to be dispersed across Helovia. He would simply instruct his Plague members to live in peace with the winged and the hornless.
For now.

Mirage
May 23, 2012, 10:32pm

The little black mare listens intently to the harmonic hum of the Lady’s voice, a feeling of warm acceptance flowing through her at beautiful Artemis’ acknowledgement of her. Happiness, though masked through her impassive façade, runs riot within her, she wishes nothing more but to embrace her deity as a sister might. But she remained rooted upon the loam, and bowed her tiara to her chest once more, welcoming the words and the strong meaning behind them. The stunning creature then continued to speak, elaborating on her reason for walking the earth this evening. Attention then flicked towards the frosty King of the lands, who in turn sent her a questioning gaze. Mirage knew only bits and pieces about each of the lands, but she held an inkling as to who might be behind the uprising of the Sun God, memories sifting through images of a lion with a ridiculous crown atop his head, and markings to boot. Ra the Sun Emissary… he is my foe for another reason, but now I can stand against him and doubly justify it.

As her thoughts spun through her head she listened to the questions the other stallion asked, curious as to their answers. Mirage suspected that Helovia as a whole, ruled by only one of the three gods of this realm, would become unstable – she merely wished to ensure equality and stability would remain constant. While she followed the Moon, and would support her celestial goddess until her dying night, she would not force her beliefs unto others – but perhaps, if others swore themselves loyal to her and all she stood for, they would indeed be swearing fealty to the Moon also. She would aid this mission however possible; she had sworn herself to her Lady and would follow through with that. The stallion seemed to suggest that she was welcome to call the Edge her home, and a smirk almost curved her lips, but she held it back. The Edge may become her home in the future, but the mare did not feel like it aligned with her wandering ways just yet. Certainly, she would visit, however.

“ Two eyes I shall keep upon those wishing to suggest your solar brother might reign supreme over us all.” Attention upon the Moon, she obligingly tilted her tiara as she spoke, sealing her words with another small nod. “I shall gather those close to me and pool our knowledge together; we will restore the balance.” She promised firmly. Things were about to get interesting; she would need to seek out those in power that she knew, and see how strong the ties that bound their alliances together truly were. Turning her golden gaze to the Frosthearted one, she spoke once more. “I thank you once more, King Mauja, for your offer of refuge. As it is, my wandering ways will not allow me to call any single dwelling home just yet.” Oh, but be assured that the devious little minx will keep your offer in mind. Swivelling her gaze back to her celestial mistress, she awaited what might unfold next.

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
Cloaked in darkness and wind.

"The majority call themselves the Order of the Sun living within the Dragon's Throat, but there are some that are not direct members," the Goddess informs Mauja, her silver eyes swirling with life. "The true victims are those fooled by my brother, who would call him a trusted deity." Her face took on a dangerous edge of disgust, though the rest of the Moon God's demeanor was collected and calm. Her brother was a sense of irritation for the God, yet not enough to send her into a tantrum before the eyes of others.

Mauja's jump toward violence made the lavender deity's head snap in his direction, pupilless eyes directed straight at his own cool blues. "I would not be seen as war-mongering. I am suggesting caution," she says, her voice quiet and calm. "Your offer is generous, Frostheart King, but I am not in need of drones to invade my home or yours yet. A few reliable allies are all I require."

The Goddess smiles at Mirage, this feisty black mare who seems to be well synced with her own mind. "I sense a fierceness within you, lady Mirage. May it carry you to whatever it is you seek." Looking back to the King, the Moon God offers Mauja a small smile as well. "You are a fascinating creature as well, very cold. Even winter can be conquered by spring, Mauja. Be wary of such a fate," the lady warns him, her face taut and serious.

"I shall leave you, my first friends, with gifts to remember me by," the Goddess says, matter-of-factly, looking to both of them. The lavender lady walked to the black mare, silver eyes gleaming in the moonlight. Her maw extends to touch the soft neck of the black lady, a strange tingling crawling along Mirage's skin. A glowing light forms along her nape, until a strange dragon marking is left along her body, lines like wisps of wind making up its figure. "So you are a dragon," the Moon God remarks with a hint of curiosity. "Interesting."

"What magic would you like me to bless you with, Mauja King?" the lady asks, turning to look back at the white and speckled friesian.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

Mauja the FrostHeart
ice cold man watches earth die, eternal winter takes its reign

The Order of the Sun? Mauja would remember what they called themselves and if he ever happened upon one of them he would make sure that they knew and respected the power for the moon. Of course the Goddess would insist on not being viewed as a war monger so he relaxed himself. Perhaps she was right. To get others to follow her it would probably be best not to be seen as a war monger and attack those that didn't follow her. It would only invoke a fear of her rather than a respect and love. "As you wish, my lady." he replied. He was not so much worried about others invading the Edge. He had warriors of his own, some of whom he needed to meet with about fortifying their borders.

The Moon Goddess was then warning him. Mauja tilted his head as he looked at her and soaked in her words. "That may be, my lady," he said, "But the winter always returns." And wreaks havoc on anything and everyone. His tail swayed as he watched the goddess approach the equine and was fascinated at the marking that appeared on her neck after a simple touch.

What magic would you like me to bless you with, Mauja King?

His attention snapped back to the Goddess and he stared, surprised, for a moment. He had not been expecting anything from the Goddess. He had come simply because she had beckoned. Still, if she was offering a gift he would not disrespect her by turning it down and so he thought. "Magic." he mused. "To crystallize water in the body of another being." His gaze locked on the Goddess as he finally spoke his desire.

angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

The mare found quiet satisfaction in knowing that she and her Goddess thought in similar patterns – though not so much as to start thinking of herself as a Goddess. The thoughts of war and destruction never settled easily with Mirage, though she could see that the opposite was quite true for the Kingly stallion beside her. The mild chiding he received from the celestial entity would have amused Mirage normally, but she wasn’t in a mocking mood, and simply saw it as a mortal’s mistake – knowing full well that she could easily make such mistakes given her mortal nature.

The information the lady delivered coincided with much that Mirage had already formulated, the description of Ra fitting what she would see as the leader of such a cult. Nodding to herself, thoughts trickled through her membrane like droplets through a swift creek, and the first step of her plans became clear to her. Smiling to herself, she returned to the present with a renewed sense of purpose. With surprise she noticed her beloved Artemis approaching her, and arched her proud nape as the Goddess caressed it. The tingling sensation crawled all over her bodice at first, like a torrent of strange warmth and itching, before centralising upon the area she had touched. Tilting her tiara, she could not quite see it.

Akaith flitted down from her perch then, landing easily upon the small of Mirage’s back barely requiring her wings to be opened. Borrowing the vision of her dragon, Mirage viewed the marking with wonder and gratitude.
Akaith, it looks like you.
No, it is you.
The dragon replied easily, without hesitation, and with a strong sense of smug satisfaction radiating out from her. Both dragon and equine looked to their Goddess now, and bowed their respective tiaras in silent thanks. Shifting her weight, the mare made to leave the area now, eager and excited for what would come.