Terre Froide; farenjer | open

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

See the life I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

d'Artagnan lead his new recruit away from the mist ridden trees and skirted the Foothills to emerge into the clear air of the cold mountains. Young grass shoots were soon replaced with a vast blanket of snow, the sky still a clear blue with the suns rays sparkling off the alabaster surface. The shade's jogging pace continued onwards through the icy arch and out into the steppe before angling west where finally his pace slowed to a walk. Dual coloured gaze narrowing as he searched for the narrow path that lead deep into the mountains where one could find the Aurora Basin. Any stranger to the land would find it difficult, if not impossible to find among the cold wastes, but d'Artagnan had learnt by now where the pass lay in wait. "You might want to remember the entrance, it's not easy to find for those unused to the area." He quickly advised his horned brother, if the brute got lost it would be no doubt d'Artagnan's job to go find him.

He motioned to Farenjer and advanced into the hidden valley, cracked hooves sinking into the permafrost and tundra grass. Caves were carved into the mountain and a lake that was known for reflecting the Borealis was their source of life. The mystic land soon emerged before them and the Time Mender brought his pace to a halt, looking about before turning to their newest member. "Welcome to the Aurora Basin, Farenjer." A jerk of his head motioned to the whole land before them.

There were no sign of their other brothers and sisters yet, and the shade wouldn't be too surprised if they didn't see them for a while. The herd was rife with activity and the unicorn race was known for their secretive natures. They would come if they wanted to.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Farenjer Posts: 68
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hands :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Loulou
farenjer
His hooves padded and pawed at the ground as he was led behind D'Artagnan. The muscles that rippled beneath his skin grew soar from the whipping cold that striked at him as he stepped into the cold tundra's. His pupils grew smaller at the bright ice and sleet that covered these Western landscapes. His mind had not a clue that his new home was here in such a cold place. Swallowing most of the heat that shined, like the summer stone areas and instead came a dim blurry blankets of snow.

It's not like Farenjer disliked the taste of cold weather. It is that it had been some time since he had ever touched the crust of frozen soft ice. It made his heart bound and his figure shudder to once again hear the crunch and shuffle of it beneath his charcoal hooves. His reality had snapped back to him, as the leader came into a pace of walking. He slowed into a slow pace as well with the other unicorn.

Raising his thick neck to see what the other was doing. He seemed to be searching for something. Perhaps a sight that was hidden from Farenjer. The other spoke to Farenjer a good lacking tip that the lightning stallion would surely require "You might want to remember the entrance, it's not easy to find for those unused to the area." With those single words, they advanced into the hidden walkway.

Pacing through the narrow path. Farenjer had averted a mood of curiosity in his bounding eyes. He looked around with observant onto the carefully carved hidden passage as which they took each step through. It surprised him that the herd he would soon call upon his home would be such a hidden place. There could be some hidden secret that lies out of Farenjer's reach for now, for this reason. But as they stampered through the walkway, the stallion would have to be patient to find his answers.

They walked through with care, and the other rose his head up motioning for Farenjer to halt with him. As he did, he looked to the outstanding landscape beyond his very sight. It brightened his soul, like a spark crackling with cheer. D'Artagnan gave a introduction to the lands that stood forth. But Farenjer could not help but let the welcoming unpierce his mind to respond for now. There was a echoing moment of cold silence, and Farenjer could feel his tongue again to speak "My word. I have never seen such a holy landscape in my life." These words left his tongue, and he kept his gaze onto the landscape.

See the life I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

The Nightshade offered a meek smile at his new herd mates words, d'Artagnan had lived here for a while now and he passed over the simply beauty of the land, no longer did it strike him like it had the first time. It was shameful really that he didn't notice it more but he was often performing duties bound by his rank, making him less observant than most. Though he had to begrudgingly commend the Time God on his exterior design though the interior of the caves left much to be desired.

He shifted on aging legs and looked longingly over to his little den of which housed his chemistry set. Deeply he felt he had left his devilish devices alone for too long and like a child discovering new toys, needed to play with it again. A mass of coal mane flicked as he shook his neck and though of things he needed to tell this Farenjer before he could leave the boy in confidence that he knew what he was doing. "Like most herds there is a ranking system here. We are led by a strong leader in Lady Psyche, our militant General is Deimos, your girl behind the scenes and resident Thief is Faelene. Should you need something made I suggest you find the stripy form of the good weaver Crowley or... If you are suffering from some ailment then come to me. Your Time Mender" he paused now as something occurred to him and he played with the idea in his mind.

The Basin was strong as a whole, the Plague however needed more recruits. Though, he couldn't just go divulging secrets about that, first there was one vital question he needed answering. Maybe, just maybe, Farenjer would fit the bill. "Tell me, what are your feelings on the other species? The equines and the pegasus? Would you say the unicorn is the stronger or would you believe in a peaceful co-existence?" d'Artagnan was rather proud of the way he artfully put that, rare in terms of the Nightshade for bargaining words never came quite so easy to him.

filled with rage

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

Arah watched the new recruit enter the basin, she had been wondering on her way back to her little den when she spotted the two man party. She watched from a few meters away wondering if she wanted to join them or not. While she respected d'Artagnan, she was still a little nervous of the gruff sounding Time Mender. Her den all warm and cozy called out to her, but in order to get there unnoticed she would have to linger in the cold and wait for the two stallions to pass. 'It would be better to wait, then you wouldn't have to mingle with them when you are freezing your sorry ass off.' She loved the cold when she was all sunggled up in her den, sleeping on her furs enjoying watching the snow drift past. However duty, as always, came first. She was returning from scoping out the situation in Dragon's Throat. So far only the idile threats remained and their was no sign of this 'Tio's' army anywhere. Arah figured at the moment it was a wild man's empty threat.

As she stood to the side, still hidden ahead of the stallions, she watched and studied the new comer. Ready to report his appearance to Faelene. A newly made phantom she was eager to impress. Then again Faelene either already knew most things about this new comer or couldn't care less. The stallion had very interesting white markings on his face and back legs, her golden eyes strained past the snow to study them. They were magnificent in many ways and Arah, found herself still staring at them. 'I wonder if he's been gifted with magic.' She thought to herself her eyes now studying the rest of his body. She shook herself slightly and glanced back to d'Artagnan and his companion. She was now more interested in meeting the strange stallion, but then she also hated awkward conversations. That was all she felt this would end up being. 'Hi I'm Arah, those are strange markings, tell me about them.' Well it wouldn't happen exactly like that, she was a little more dignified.

A shiver ran down her spine as she decided that a quick 'hello' was better than standing here shivering or wrose being bored to death. She began to walk towards the stallions, a frozen smile plastered in her chops. Pausing a few meters behind them she herd the poised question form d'Artagnan and listened for the reply from the other. She sighed and nodded at them both. "d'Artagnan, a pleasure as always." She said, the respect clear in her tone. She never wanted to get on his bad side. "And newcomer, welcome to the basin." She was quite sure that Faelene would actually like to know about him. A new comer herself she paused to study the basin's beauty as well. Arah was quite sure that she would never grow used to it. Her smile warmed a little and she turned her eyes back to the new stallion.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; Hope you don't mind me joining. Arah has no threads haha.
Words; 506
Tag; d'Artagnan, Farenjer, Open.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Hidden Account
Loulou
farenjer
A curious and amazed hint of glaze came from Farenjer's brown eye. The other gave only but no heed of emotion what so ever. His emotions never seemed to withdraw to his strange marked eye. But rather not he ignored this and felt his eyes wonder to the empty landscape. He hadn't noticed before that there seemed to be lacking other brothers and sisters wondering in the picture of this landscape. His gaze dropped from the moments edging view to the others words. D'Artagnan gave a tip to Farenjer. "Like most herds there is a ranking system here. We are led by a strong leader in Lady Psyche, our militant General is Deimos, your girl behind the scenes and resident Thief is Faelene. Should you need something made I suggest you find the stripy form of the good weaver Crowley or... If you are suffering from some ailment then come to me. Your Time Mender"

A Time Mender? What rank was this? His ear twitched and a brief moment satisfactions came through his eyes. He almost forgot one thing. Many realms carried different herds. And with those, they gave special ranks a different calling. "A Time Mender..." He spoke briefly. Though a flaring hint of curiosity spoke through Time and Mender. He pursued to know what a Time Mender was. The Time Mender then questioned him again. "Tell me, what are your feelings on the other species? The equines and the pegasus? Would you say the unicorn is the stronger or would you believe in a peaceful co-existence?" Farenjer took a small step back and thought for a moment. But immediately knew the answer. He spoke "I do not hate the others with grief or like a burden... No. I believe the Unicorn species is a dominant race for the powerful magic we can wield. While others seem to have trouble, and tripping over it's use. And I would fight to show them we are the better species." His glance then shifted to the beautiful landscape beyond "But no. I don't hate them as much as other Unicorns." As Farenjer responded for the moment he wanted to ask D'Artagnan the same question. Did he have a hatred against other species? Perhaps so. But Farenjer certainly knew he could be quite wrong in his minded conscious.

Another clear vibrate tone of another. Greeting D'Argnan with "d'Artagnan, a pleasure as always." Farenjer's heart skipped hearing the welcoming greeting. His muscles tensed a little, and he turned his head to peer at the woman who stood there. "And newcomer, welcome to the basin." His eyes couldn't help but wander to the vision of her golden orbs. She was beautiful. Her vision grasped back to him as the newcomer. He spoke "Thank you." for the welcome is what had his mind told him. But all that came out was the simple two words Thank you. He blinked for a hesitating moment of thinking to what he should say to her. He then spoke "I am Farenjer. Who are you if I may ask?" He took these words with care. He couldn't help but have his gaze drop onto her golden orbs. For he had never seen such beauty.

See the life I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

d'Artagnan watched as Farenjer took in his words and was happy to see him consider them at least, the shade had little or no interest for those who didn't even think about their answers. It was a question he knew his own answer to, an answer that would never change and in the minds of others would brand him a monster. Those were the foolish little souls who had the audacity to place themselves within his sight. Faces he remembered, faces to be eliminated later so he could paint his cave a macabre shade of red. Quite confidently the lighting lad spoke, the shade frowned but said nothing as Farenjer came to a close on his answer. It was both satisfying and dissatisfying, happy that it seemed Farenjer would fight beside his own species in the future but concerned over his lack of hatred. The Nightshade had to almost commend the dear boy who had artfully negotiated his question with an answer that d'Artagnan could neither argue against or rope him into a band of racist unicorns.

Recruiting him into The Plague was not such a good idea right now so d'Artagnan remained quiet on that front, instead the shade would keep an eye on him. Maybe he could convert him later. Maybe. "It's reassuring to now you would fight by our side, wars are bloody here." There was a rather bitter taste in his mouth, d'Artagnan had never been in an invasion here. Instead the enemy had taken him out of the battle before he could even start. Bastards.

It was then that a familiar voice pierced his thoughts and mismatched eyes fell on the alabaster appearance of Arah. Another new recruit that d'Artagnan had saved from the depths of the cesspool that was the Windtossed Foothills, albeit with the help of Descaro's nuisance daughter Frost Fyre. Merlot head dipped in greeting to Arah, finding himself pleased at her respectful nature and willingness to take up a rank so soon. If he had heard from the meeting correct, the mare had taken up a rank under Faelene. She would surely excel there, Faelene seemed to be developing quite a following that d'Artagnan almost wanted to go join in himself. Almost. "Arah. It's good to see you working hard for the herd, keep it up" a rare compliment but still said in his normal brusque tone.

He allowed her to introduce herself to Farenjer then, musing over the young faces before him and grimacing at his own age. Time waited for no one, and he seemed to be in the grip of it. It would be some years before he started hobbling around from arthritis, but it was still a depressing thought.

filled with rage

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[[oc; lets, just assume Arah bade them well and headed off.
/tooooooo many replies to do.

Sorry guys!]]
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Hidden Account
Loulou
farenjer

Farenjer kept his pose on his legs where he was by D'Artgnan. Nodding his head several times silently, hearing her greeting words to him. The white Unicorn soon made a farewell and drifted off back to her cave. The lightning stallion for a few moments watched as she left, and he turned towards the Time mender yet again. Many things went through his head such as What conflicts were happening now with the herd. But before he could question such a thing an immediate thought came to him, it was too early for such matters. He kept the silence once more for some time thinking. Another question had come to mind, and interesting question. Farenjer spoke through his breath "May I ask you, but is there any brothers or sisters I should be careful by? I apologize if it perhaps is a unusual question to be asked." Farenjer simply wanted to know who he should stay the hell away from, for he knew how aggressive Unicorns can be with each other. Especially when it came over who was more powerful with strength and magic.

It made him shudder to think of how dreadful a equines personality can be. Especially the Unicorn species, he had watched his brothers and sisters in the Amp Plains fight to the death over control and who was the stronger one. Spitting blood and cursing out the ones that were once other friends. Such dreadful times indeed. He glanced away to the beautiful landscape of Aurora Basin. Listening to D'Artgnan's words, with patience and silence. Farenjer shifted his head back to the direction of the bay Unicorn, with more silence. He thought for minutes how this path of his would unfold to be. The stallion had hope that he would fit in with the other Unicorns in Aurora Basin. And no longer would he be less of an Outcast as before. But somehow Farenjer felt nervous for the fact he had never lived in a herd before or make specific friends with anybody.

See the life I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

d'Artagnan watched Arah flitter away with a grunt, he admitted she was okay and would no doubt benefit the herd in her own way, but he wished she wasn't so sickly shy. It made him cringe inside. As she moved away from them it seemed their newbie had turned his attention back to d'Artagnan with a gaze looking full of questions and the shade awaited them with a simple man's curiosity. The words bubbled up and red lobes received them, it seemed Farenjer knew much about the ways of the unicorn much to the shade's satisfaction. Though he grinned as the stud finished his enquiry but he wondered why, if he knew the unpredictability of his species, he needed to ask such a question, but d'Artagnan humoured him anyway. "If you were a wise horse you would be careful of them all, as you can imagine, there is a slew of magical power in this herd as well as strange creatures who accompany them. No need to worry though Farenjer, keep your head, work hard and they'll likely not bother you. Fight admirably and show loyalty then you'll have their respect." He said. Each word as gruff as the one before it.

Time ticked by and d'Artagnan sighed and great sigh, he said enough to his new herd mate. It was time he learned the ropes by himself, there was only so much the shade could say before there was nothing more to be said. In all honesty, he thought Farenjer was most likely over thinking it and that if he just relaxed the lightening boy would find it much easier to fit in. However, d'Artagnan knew nothing of the stallions previous life so left his thoughtful comments to himself and started to walk off. "I will leave you now Farenjer, there are things I must attend to, feel free to track me down if you have more questions or a problem."

With that, the Nightshade flittered off into the Basin. He wondered if he'd be able to track down Aviya to see what she had been up to. It had been a long time since he'd had a chat with his daughter, each day she grew taller and already a yearling. d'Artagnan knew he shouldn't have a favouritism between his children, but Nao was still just a babe and Mesec was always so distant. His first born daughter seemed to be the only one he could talk to and make sense with these days.

[ooc; Sorry for the wait.]

filled with rage