the Rift

Out of the Shadow and Into the Sun; open

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
Come ride with me through the veins of history.
I'll show you how God falls asleep on the job.
Hector basked in the heat. The Dragon's Throat was much like his old land with it's blistering heat and sparkling blue waters, the vast orange hues of the horizon were easy to get used to and it's borders were mercilessly protected by their infamous Commander. Calmly, he walks across the oasis and out into the desert land, lifting his wings a little higher to take in the heated rays and grunting in satisfaction as the slight breeze ruffled his liver coloured fur. He lifted a double horned head to the sky and searched for any on comers. It had been a while since Hector had been in contact with anyone, in truth, he had gone missing for some time. Picking his way around Helovia and mulling over his decision to stay within these lands. In the shift of seasons between Frost Fall and Bird Song, Hector had finally decided that he had made the right choice and laid his ever troubled mind to rest.

Now he finally came out of the hole he had built for himself and presented himself before his chosen herd land. Sorrowful that he couldn't offer them anything sooner but determined to set this right. A few he could remember, Melissa the bay mare and Kri the Resolute, kind in word she had been but hard in her heart. There was Mirage the Dragon Heart and Paladin the Valiant, a messenger only he was to them, but at least that time he had been useful. There was a child who had met him in the Threshold, Kimber her name, a seemly filly who had tried to convince him to come back with her to the Foothills. Lastly Daenerys, an enchanting mare who had him before her hooves in a simply glance. Her beautiful, alabaster fur combined with shimmering gold, Hector still found her in his dreams.

All had been kind to him and now he needed to show his loyalty.

Hector moved his head away from the sky and looked out across the arid land, there was much he had to prove and personal goals he had to achieve. His mind was finally made and this was the life Hector chose.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

VALENTINE </style>
</style>

Stab my heart like a stick in the mud
Cut my chest just to see the blood

"Speech."

I walk the sandy red desert of the Dragon’s Throat, my grey skin feeling the intense heat of the sun. I start to perspire in the newfound heat of Tallsun, moving slowly so that I don’t over extend myself. The desert life isn’t too bad as I’ve come to find, and I’m quite enjoying myself in the days I’ve lived here. The peacefulness is reassuring, and I walk freely. There are some horses out today, but most are in the shade of rocks and lying dozing in the afternoon sun. Some foals are out to play, but otherwise there isn’t much activity. I fancy to stroll further out, still in an exploring mood now that I can breathe again. I’m starving in the early sunny morning, and I look for a nice place to eat. I see a patch of tall thick weeds, which look very appetizing.

As I bend my head down to eat, movement catches my eye. I nibble grass while I look at what’s ahead of me. A pegasus, stained bronze with two horns on his head. He wasn’t just a pegasus then I realized. Was he one of those hybrids? I’ve never seen one before, but I’ve known of their existence. Stepping away from the grass, I walk over to the stranger, wondering if he is new in these lands like me. I certainly haven’t seen him around before, and no that it’s much of an indication for him to be new, but it would certainly be a good explanation. I stop a few feet away from him, and I look at him, just quietly observing for a second. I try to make my movements non-threatening, and I try to come across as curious and friendly.

“Hello there. Is it possible you are new to this land? I haven’t seen you around.” I give a small smile, still conveying friendship. “My name is Valentine, what is yours?”

Stop the presses cause I'm killing time
Won't you be my bloody valentine?

template by revo. <3
manip by twiwolf.deviantart.com
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
How can we win, when fools can be Kings?
Another approaches and Hector swings to look at the pale unicorn before him, smiling gently as he came across non-threatening and the tribrid offered him the same courtesy. Dipping his head in warm welcome whilst noting the strange markings upon his pelt, red in colour with bands that travelled up his legs and a heart marking his rear. Adorned in a mane and flying a tail that looked as if he'd dipped them in blood, crowning his appearance with a crimson horn. The Soldier tilted his head to the side with a face that spoke volumes of curiosity. He had never seen this one around before though that wasn't all too surprising considering he had been keeping to himself of late. The pale stud's voice spoke volumes of friendship and Hector amused himself over the question, he could almost ask the same of the stallion, who now named himself as Valentine.

"I've been here for some time now, but have been a little quiet amongst the herd of late. A few things troubling me" he said with an honest face. It had been sometime since he'd spoken to another and was quite nervous as to how he would be received by the soul in front of him. The more friendly Valentine was the more confidence Hector gained. "A pleasure to meet you Valentine. My name is Hector." The Soldier always felt that his voice was inadequate for most things, it's booming volume hard to miss and when he laughed it almost felt like the earth should be shaking. A loud voice for a large boy, it was another thing he was bullied for as a colt, but no longer did he care about it. At three years old he could forgive the endless teasing of his former childhood 'friends', he had a much better life to live for now.

"You are also a new face to me Valentine, what brought you to the Dragons Throat?" His question was out of honest curiosity, for Hector knew it was the strength he admired in Kri that had brought him to the Throat herd. After fleeing for so long over a great many miles, Hector didn't know if there were any horse out there. It had been the first and last time he had ever left his homeland and the Soldier would never regret that decision.

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

VALENTINE </style>
</style>

Stab my heart like a stick in the mud
Cut my chest just to see the blood

"Speech."

What brought me to the Dragon's Throat? The thought rolled in my head for a minute, and there was just almost nothing I could say about the Aurora Basin or my journey here that was nice. But I would avoid the tough subject, for my sake, and move on with what I was saying.

"It is a pleasure to also meet you Hector. I was once a citizen of the Aurora Basin, and I decided I needed a change of scenery, and apparently so did my leader. So I found the Throat, and I've come to love it here. I've been here for a few weeks now, and I have to say I won't be leaving anytime soon."

I look at him, wondering if he thinks that I did something bad, when it fact I did something good. Though it would have been a time that I would tell Kri about the Plague, she would know eventually, or soon; I wasn't sure on which it was. Now I move forward, giving him a warm smile, and asking a question of my own.

"Tell me brother Hector, what has been bothering you, if you don't mind me asking? I can lend an ear if you want, or maybe help you, if you need it perhaps."

My red gaze moves toward the sky, and the speckled sun takes me in for just a split second, showing me the light of the world around me as it takes my stare. The Sun God isn't so bad, much better than the bastard Time God.
Stop the presses cause I'm killing time
Won't you be my bloody valentine?

template by revo. <3
manip by twiwolf.deviantart.com
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598