the Rift

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow {Birth, Vayu} [moved]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Enheduanna
May 26, 2012, 11:02pm

The light was setting as I made my way to the place which I had been many months before. It was much as I remembered it, unchanged, save for the fact that there was slightly more grass than before. It has been many months now since my wild and careless actions left me in this ever expanding state. I held no sadness towards Vayu's come-and-go attitude..anymore. I'd had my moments to cry. He had still been loving whenever he'd seen me, as had my mother, but there was a certain sadness, a loneliness so to say, to my life since then.

It brought even more sadness to my life to know that I would not be able to ever truly know my foal. Of course, I would stay with it for the first vital hours, perhaps even wheedle a day or two out of the great god, but I wouldn't be able to stay for forever. Eventually I would have to leave my foal's side to let him or her be raised by a god, an unknown entity. The rashness of my actions hit me full force as my first contractions began. The pain coupled with my own motherly pain forced tears to my eyes as bemoaned my ignorance. But the deal had been made and could not be undone so late. I find myself a grass-padded overhang and fall down upon it with a groan. Then the worst of the battle began...

-insert graphic birthing here-

...many hours later I am licking this wet bundle of life clean. Nuzzling him, for it really was a him, and murmuring soft words to the sweet little colt. The great god has chosen to not appear yet, thanks be to the guy, for I relish in this private time with my child. I stand, with effort, upon tired muscles and turn to watch the little guy struggle to stand, a concentrated expression upon his face. He stumbles once, and then I reach out my nose to gently guide him up and over to my teats. There is a sharp pull, accompanied by pain, which makes me flinch and the little guy stumble, but soon it dulls in comparison to happily watching him suckle away. I breathe in what are likely to be my last few private moments with my son for the next two years of my life, and find that a name had rolled to my tongue. It has no particular meaning to me, but the flow and sound is that of a champion, a truly great name, and so I look to him and utter the word, "Eios, my son, you are to be great indeed."

I look about for the approach of the one which is to take him over from me, and find that I still can't clearly see what the tiny being looks like, as he's still wet. I wonder what the Earth god has planned for him?

Official
June 1, 2012, at 2:01pm

Congratulations you have a newborn colt!
Breed: Undefined, muscular but elegant.
Species: Pegasus
Height: 17.2hh
Color: White, crystalline white. The main coat color will be a shining white upon which no dirt seems to cling. Mud finds no traction on his body, nothing to mar the perfect expanses of white. Soft, thick waves of hair run down from his neck to the middle of his shoulder. A large crest of a forelock falls down the middle of his face, and his tail nearly drags along the ground. Hooves look to be crafted from the finest gold, yet they are hard as steel. Gold spools forth from his hooves, brushing out like a sweep of powder up toward his knee joints. Flecks of golden hairs spot underneath his eyes, like flaked gold lightly patted unto his frame. Golden flecks radiate out from underneath him, reaching up like glitter toward his barrel and chest. Eyes like ocean waves have no pupil, and the color seems to swirl within them, ebbing and flowing. The wings which sprout from his back are of the purest white feathers. Gold flecks form in the soft downy feathers underneath, looking much like the sprinkles decorating the rest of his body.
Markings: A swirl of silvery blue, like that of the wind, spins and winds up his leg, crossing his broad shoulder, and reach up toward his neck. Spinning lines, reminiscent of the wind swirl on his leg, dance out from under his opposite eye, reaching down his cheek.
Health: Healthy
Other: None.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
Buried in water and earth.

The birds begin to sing around the Island and the waves lap more feverishly. Pebbles near Enheduanna begin to quake, and, suddenly, the large God is standing before the mother and her child. A kind smile is pulled across that ancient face, wrinkles crinkled around his emerald eyes as he looks downward at the scene.

"Hello, Eios," he says, his voice a deep rumble, yet somehow it still inspires smiles. "You and me will get to know each other well." The Earth God smiles back at Enheduanna, the worn mother who has put forth so much effort in the past few moments. Stomping a mighty hoof, a strange looking plant grows as he lifts it from the ground. The leaves shimmer green and small white flowers bloom on their tips. "This plant will restore your energy, my child, so that you may better enjoy this time with your child."

Eios Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I am warm, contained, happy, part of a symbiotic pulse.
Then whoosh.
Cold, wet, aware of licking.
Lick, Lick, Lick.
Cease this licking I am clean already.
I huff, annoyed.

My mother looks to me, she smiles, and I am named: Eios
I am rather happy...but not because of the name. She has ceased that incessant licking. After some aid I get about to suckling on the most incredible substance. Its warm and creamy and I am so hungry that I allow some to dribble down my muzzle for a moment. Then comes a voice. It is not mother's.

With a start I jump and hit my head on the roof which had before been my home. Annoyed, I give a little frustrated whinny before turning around to suspiciously eye this new intruder. The things upon my back fluffed up in the air instinctively.

Wait...

There are THINGS ON MY BACK!

I give another startled jump and my eyes open wide as I sniff around and inspect these things. Curious, I give the left one a little bite and find myself suddenly unbalanced as I topple to the ground. The part which I bit throbbed painfully. Note to Self: things on back are part of self. The stranger rumbles again and this time I find I like his voice. He seems nice and so I give him a grin and a hello whinny. I'm not quite sure what he means by his words but I don't particularly care because everything in this new place is so cool.

Then he stamps his foot in front of Mummy and everything sparkles and a plant grows from the ground. Well, that was cool. I go over to sniff it for a few moments before Mother gently shuffles me away. Perturbed, I look about for something else new to explore. Where's my father by the way? This stallion doesn't feel quite...real...and I get the feeling that he does not share my blood.

I'll figure that one out soon enough, after lunch, I'm hungry again....

Vayu Posts: 12
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Eight
Adoptable
He did not always attend the births of his children, but this was different. Usually, his mates had been older, or travelers passing through Helovia, or they made love in lands that lacked the magic of the Grove, so he knew the mare would not carry a child. But Enna had been different. She was a sweet, lovely little thing – a virgin, desiring a child – and yet so wild and sensual. She wanted a stallion, and so Vayu had delivered, and now the fruit of his loins was due to come into the world. Enna told him of her wild idea to seek out the most beautiful child, and the winged stallion had smiled and nodded – he did not think it was necessary, but the little dove could make whatever request she wanted. He was curious, though, and agreed to come to the child's birth.

It was dark when he flew down to the island of the Gods, gold-tipped wings beating impressively to make his landing smooth. He touched down some distance from the odd gathering assembled there, mother and child and lord of Earth, for fear that his wings might frighten the little colt. A deep dip of his sun-kissed brow was presented to the Lord. While Vayu worshiped no one god in particular, he respected all of them. Then his two-toned eyes alighted on the tiny colt beside his mother, and lit up with delight. He stopped to nuzzle Enna gently on her shoulder, an act of familiarity more than affection, before turning to his son “Hello there, little man,” the palomino said cheerfully, taking in his foal's unique appearance with pride. “My, those are some wings you've got there. I'll have to teach you to chase clouds, when you're older, won't I?”

He turned to Enna now, and a rueful look crossed his face. “Will he stay here, then?” he asked, eyes shifting between the mare and the god. “He seems so small to be separated from his mother...”

Enheduanna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I see my colt truly for the first time as the Earth God says his name. It is as if everything about his appearance becomes clear, like dirt rubbed away from a surface, and I am left staring at a foal which is so white I could hardly believe my eyes. His drying coat is beginning to look whiter and...is that gold? He seems to be powdered with gold which starts at the tip of his beautiful metallic hooves and flows upwards to splash upon his body. He is everything I could have hoped for, the best combination of my genes and Vayu's, mixing to create this wonderful little being before me. I am awestruck.

I look back to the Earth God and smile my thanks to him and am further surprised to find that there is now a delicious looking plant before my eyes. I find that my now empty belly is screaming for sustenance for my own body. I walk forward, gently nudging a curious Eios away, and greedily eat up what is offered to me. The wonderful taste of the leaves running down my throat does, indeed, replenish my strength just as Vayu makes an appearance on the scene.

He swept in, a haze of feathers and wind, and landed with a nuzzle on my shoulder. It was familiar but not really affectionate. I was pained by the formality by the one whom I had come to have great affection for. In my heart, I realized that I had been hoping the foal would tie him to me more. Apparently this was not so. I, the one who had born him a son(and a pegasus at that), still did not deserve even affection. A small sigh escapes me, but I nuzzle him back anyways, and add on a bit of extra softness just to see if he'll notice. I smile as he speaks to Eios and the colt responds by fluffing out his wings even more to show off. He'll certainly be a looker, that was for sure. I look to him as I respond, "That would be wonderful for him. We really do make awesome foals Vayu." with a smile and a hint of a glimmer in my eye. He speaks again and this time I look to the Earth God as well for his reply would number the hours with my first foal.

EIOS(because I'm too lazy to log in to his acount for a post too)

I see am nursing again when Father shows up. I know it is him instinctively just because of how he smells, something built into my brain I suppose. I turn about as he compliments me on my wings. My head swivels to gaze upon the odd things at my side. So thats what theses things were then? I fluff them up even more and stand taller as I prance over to him to rest beneath him with my head sticking out from the middle of his front legs and give him a boyishly affectionate nuzzle. The two adults speak to the Odd-Stallion again and both seem to be waiting for his reply so I wait too.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

"He will be well cared for, Vayu of the Throat," the God smiles happily, looking affectionately to each member of the small gathering in turn. His green eyes of soft as they pause on the face of Enheduanna, the mother of this colt, who carries what the Earth can feel as a strained love. Eavesdropping on the plight of others was not one of the Earth God's favorite abilities, but it seemed unavoidable at times. The tense muscles of Enna's face told the story well enough, even without the implications of that firmly affectionate nudge to the father of her child.

The aged face turns to look down at Eios and then back up to Vayu, where they stay. "As a price for his handsome appearance, he will be staying in my care until adulthood. Fret not, children - Eios will be trained in arts unavailable to most children. To balance out the potential to use his beauty for a manipulative cause, I will teach him to heal with all that nature provides," the God's eyes stayed on the face of the Pegasus, curled ram horns framing his bright green eyes. "Enheduanna is the only one who may visit Eios exclusively. You may yet see him around Helovia, though."

Without much further adieu, the God of the Earth begins to turn into a faint mist, starting at his back legs and working forward to his face. "I will return for Eios upon the setting of the sun. Enjoy your time as a family."