the Rift

New mountains [OPEN]

Bane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: mw85rt.jpg]

I'm *necessary* evil

The strong red stallion walks through the thresholds forest, he's never seen a forest like this before mainly because the forests where he comes from are always dry or dead. He studies the beautiful markings on the flowers and the bright green grass then looks up to see how the weathers doing, it looks fine. He climbs to the top of a hill to see the rest of the threshold. With the cool breeze ruffling through his short black mane and feathers of his wing he looks down at the rest of the threshold, ''this is a pretty nice place'' he says aloud to himself, then starts wondering what the rest of the forest is like.

He starts climbing back down the hill to investigate the rest of the forest when he sees a little pond, instead of going the rest of the way down the hill he starts heading for the pond. Next to the pond is a big willow tree. He lays by the water's edge, in the shade of the willow watching the water shimmer in the light of the sun, then something catches his eye its a ripple in the water he looks more closely at the spot where the ripple started and sees the head of a little turtle, he allows a small laugh, then looks around. After checking that no one else is here he lays his head down, gives a slight sigh then falls asleep in the shade of the willow.

When he awakes it looks as if it's only about noon, he stretches his long grey flame covered legs, walks around a little bit then sits back down under the tree sitting quietly, and listening to every sound the forest is making.

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia

ORINTHIA</style>
  Adventure is my Middle Name</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"

I saw as a red pegasus stallion wandered these woods. He seemed to be in awe of them, such was I, on my first day in the lands known as Helovia. I smiled and observed how curious and interested he seemed in his place. This was just one wonder of these beautiful, forever lasting lands. I observed his build: A red body, with a black spiky mane. He had medium sized wings and striking violet eyes. As he kept on walking on, I heard him murmur. This is a pretty nice place. I smiled to myself. Indeed it is.

Besides the fact that he is different from me, I could tell we were nearly the same height. If by any chance he were mean, he wouldn't be afraid of my unnaturally tall height. I was unsure if I should approach him yet to introduce myself. Let him have some time on his own, I thought to myself. Indeed I did, as I saw him go down the hill by a beautiful pond I've never come upon. I loved how the willow tree seeped down, with its delicate branches slightly touching the water. I saw as he watched ripples in the water, and saw a turtle's reflection underneath. After wandering round the pond, he went to sleep. I decided to leave, and not watch him, as that would be very weird.

I went and explored the forest, in wait of maybe meeting this strange newcomer. By the time I was finished exploring, it was noon, and I started to head back to the pond to see if I could introduce myself. I was excited to meet new horses, and I leapt at any chance, but I was sort of wary of him. I find him seated beneath the tree with his gray socks. I approach him, trotting up to him with a smile on my face, and my ears perked up. "Hello there!" I said to him, stopping right in front of him. "I'm Orinthia, and you are?" I said, leaving the question open ended to await his response.

blah blah blah blah

Unregistered

I'm *necessary* evil

After quite awhile of sitting and listening he hears another horse trotting up to him, he turns around to see a beautiful pure black mare with a sheen coat, hello there she says with a smile on her face and her ears perked up, she stops right in front of him and introduces herself '' I'm Orinthia'' she says, then asks his name.

He's somewhat stunned that she would just walk up to a total stranger let alone give away her name like that I guess she is a younger one so he decides to give her his ''I'm Bane'' he says slightly weary, keeping an eye on her, I mean someone could never be to cautious right?

He stands up she is his exact height '' your kind of tall for your age aren't you Orinthia'' he says in a playfully mocking voice, he walks in a circle around her, examining her closely, then stops in front of her examining her beautiful green-brown eyes, her black mane and tail are quite long and straight, ''well aren't you a pretty thing'' he says complementing her, but instead he thinks he sounded more like a creeper. ''Sorry'' he says trying to use a softer voice, I really meant it though, it's just that I'm not that good at talking with other horses he says looking at the ground, ''Why am I so bad at talking with other horses'' he thinks getting mad at himself, he finally looks back up at her and tries to give a nice smile.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

ORINTHIA</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"

As I trotted up to him, I saw his red face turn around to meet my black one. His violet eyes show slight surprise when I just full on introduce myself. I am not the type to really be that wary of strangers, unless they seem a little....off towards me.

'I'm Bane', he said towards me. Bane. What a nice name. I've heard of it before, but I've never really met a 'Bane'. How quaint. "That is a very nice name," I told him. I realized we were the same height. Finally. I hope I didn't intimidate him like the other horses I've met in these lands.

In a playful mocking tone, he circled around me telling me I was quite tall for my age. "Well, I am a full grown mare," I said. "Just a young one. Besides, I'm a Frisian mix", I said, marveling at my cold blood ancestors how they survived the deadly winter. I would never be the type at going in cold weather. How I loathed the freezing pinpricks stabbing at my fur. I enjoyed the nice, sunny heat, like nowadays, where I could go running and then settle down for some refreshing, water.

I see the handsome stallion circling around me and then stopping right at my face, peering into my forest green/brown eyes. I take that chance to steal a look at his stunning violet eyes, like the beautiful flowers that grown in fields with their flowery scents, and vibrant colors. "Well aren't you a pretty thing?" He says to me, intended to be compliment. At that, heat started rising into my cheeks, and I felt myself blush. "Why thank you, Sir. You too, are quite handsome. There is no need to be sorry", I told him when he slightly bowed his head down in embarrassment. I gave his neck a supportive nudge, to lift his spirits back up.

"You're not bad at talking with other horses, you just maybe need to talk more, or you're just shy", I playfully said, flicking him with my long tail. "C'mon, lets talk!" I cheerfully said, seeing if maybe he would start the conversation.

blah blah blah blah

Unregistered

I'm *necessary* evil

''Why thank you sir you are to kind,she says and you are quite handsome to'',and ''that there is no need to be sorry''.

When she nudges his neck to lift his spirit she says that ''he's not bad at talking to other horses just that he needs to talk more'', or that he is just shy she says playfully flicking him with her tail. I'm not shy he says slightly offended, it's just that my father always told me that I talked to much, and that I shouldn't speak if not spoken t..., he stops himself before finishing the sentence, ''Why is it that when he's trying to be nice he can't get anything out right but when he's frustrated every thing he says comes slipping out of his mouth smoothly''

''He looks at her, confused as to why she is even talking to a stallion like him, a stallion with almost no good emotions, a stallion raised to be tough and mean to other horses, even know he's making an effort his father's teaching still show slightly'' ''lets talk'' she says cheerfully, hes not quite sure why but he does feel like talking to someone instead of being alone, okay he agrees still confused as to why she wants to talk to him, he stares at the ground, Um it's a nice day today isn't it, you know with the sun and the breeze and such like that he says awkwardly, since he hasn't started a conversation since his mom died.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

ORINTHIA</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"

I think he took my comment in the wrong way. He looked at me with offended eyes, and spoke in an irritated tone. I was just trying to help him, and besides, I wasn't really telling him he was that, but just trying to give him some helpful tips for talking better to other horses. I looked at him with sympathetic eyes, hoping he wouldn't hate me. I then sense his anguish when he talks about when he's frustrated, everything comes out so perfect, and when he is trying to be nice, he messes up. I give him a smile, and I don't try to reassure him in the way I did last time, but maybe in a different way. I wanted to help him to become more friendly.

"It's because, you have been probably suppressed your whole life. Your father isn't here anymore, now you have the liberty of speech", I told him. How dare his father tell him to suppress his toungue. Ridiculous. After I tell him, that we should speak, he awkwardly starts talking about how the place is beautiful, with the sun shining in the sky. I wanted to know more about this interesting stallion. Maybe he's just very self conscious. I don't know, but it is now a quest to help bring him out of his shell, and be friendly. "Yeah! You're right! Such a precious day full of liveliness! So tell me, why are you here in Helovia?" I questioned him, trying to pick the conversation up.

blah blah blah blah

Unregistered

I'm *necessary* evil

''Maybe it's because, you have probably suppressed your whole life. Your father isn't here anymore, now you have the liberty of speech'' she told him he looks up at her ''shes right'' he thinks to himself I do have the liberty of speech.after he awkwardly starts the conversation she says ''Yeah your right! it's such a precious day full of liveliness! So tell me, what brings you to Helovia?''

''Well my father died, and I have no more family, so I decided to find a new home here and you no, start a family of my own, not that anyone would want to be with me'' he says not sadly or frustrated since he accepted this fact a long time ago ''well my father found love so I guess it's not impossible'' he thinks to himself. ''What are you doing out here talking to strangers let alone stallions anyway?'' he says ''you could get yourself hurt, not all stallions are as nice as me to pretty young mares like you'' he says very seriously to her, and why are you out here in the middle of the woods? you sure are confident aren't you? he asks then he stops and lays under the willow tree next to the water, then he turns his head to her and gestures for her to come sit while asking if she would like to, since the sun is so hot he halfway expects her to, after that question he stops so she has time to absorb and reply to all of them.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

ORINTHIA</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"

"Me?" I questioned him with a quizzical look in my face. I smiled, and saw that he was starting to get over his social awckwardness. "Well, I've been in Helovia for a longer time now. I've seen so much, and I always return to the threshold. I find the most newcomers here", I said with a cheerful smile. It was true. I enjoyed so much to see the new faces that came here, and socialize with so many other horses. He told me of how he arrived here, and suddenly I felt very bad for saying what I did. His father is dead. That's absolutely horrible. I would hate for that to happen to any other horse. "My family was killed by a pack of wolves. I ran here, to Helovia after not cowardly sticking up for them", I said. Tear threatening to spill, I blinked my eyes to keep them from coming out. I. Would. Not. Cry.

Then he told me about him wanting to have a family. "I would love to start my own family too", I said looking into his violet eyes, remembering on how I would want to bear foals. It would be such a wonderful experience, to care for your own little...life? "Bane. Don't say that. You are a fine, nice stallion", I said looking at his handsome frame. Of course someone would love him. He's very kind in the interior. Then he asks me what I'm doing out here alone.

"Well. Adventuring is very exciting to me. I ALWAYS get into danger though", I said blushing. "I know it's dangerous, especially with stallions," I said. I realized that not all stallions were nice. My thoughts drifted back to Alcina. Alcina...he would have...if he didn't leave....I shook the disturbing thought off. I then thought about cocky, arrogant stallions that would take advantage of a mare like me. I was still merely a filly, only old enough to be a mare. Yet danger called to me. I was attracted to getting myself into trouble like a bee to its flower. "I'm here in the lovely woods, because I adore the trees. Besides, I'm learning how to fight", I said smiling and flicking my tail. I liked how he was so protective of me. "Thank you...for worrying about me", I kindly said with heat rising to my cheeks.

He goes to lie under the beautiful willow tree by the water, and gestures me to come sit with him. I feel confident enough, and I actually trust him. I don't expect him to betray me. I walk over to him with my massive body, and lay by the side of him. "So, would you like to know more about these lands?" I inquired to him looking at those violet, odd colored eyes.

blah blah blah blah

Unregistered

''Me?'' she questions him, He watches her as she smiles ''well I've been in Helovia a longer time now, I've seen so much, and I always return to the threshold. I find most newcomers here, and socialize with so many other horses.'' then she seems to get a sad face when he tells her how he got here ''My family was killed by a pack of wolves'' she says he watches as her eyes begin to tear up but she holds them back. Then she almost completely forgets what she was talking about and cheers up again ''I would love to start a family too!'' ''Bane don't say that you are a fine, nice stallion'' then she answers his other question on why she's out in these woods alone ''Well . Adventuring is very exciting to me. I always get into danger though. then she starts to blush. I know it's dangerous, especially with stallions.'' then she seems to get lost in thoughts, he just lets her think because it's not like he has anywhere to be, after a second she begins to speak again ''I'm here in the lovely woods, because I adore the trees. besides i'm learning how to fight'' she smiles again '' thank you for worrying about me'' she says. Finally she walks over to him and lays down beside him '' would you like to know more about these lands?'' she says looking at him. ''Sure'' ''First can you tell me about these woods?'' he asks kindly.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

ORINTHIA</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"

He kindly asks me more about these woods, and I am eagerly starting my story. "Well, I have been here for about nearly two seasons, but I am sort of new. I don't know incredibly too much, but I know that these woods are where newcomers usually come to. There are Windtossed foot hills to the north, where a herd lives", I told him. I looked to his eyes, to see if he was catching on. "These woods are quite frigid in the winter, and you are pretty lucky you came during summer, when everything is nice, and so warm", I said.

It was quite odd, that even though I am built for the cold, the blood that runs through my family, that I enjoy the heat more than anything else. I can endure the cold, but it just doesn't appeal to me, such as to my family. My family. Lost and dead. I shook off the though, focusing on the present, right now with Bane. "Bane... no offense intended, but what were the lands you used to live in like?" I questioned. The question popped into my mind, and I was eager to know all about the surrounding places of Helovia. Where they like my home, or much more vast? I stared at him, waiting to see if he caught on to what I told him about the woods. I wanted him to talk, so maybe he could improve with his tendency of not socially speaking well. I await his response.

blah blah blah

Unregistered

''Well I have been here for nearly two seasons, but I am sort of new. I don't really know incredibly to much, but I know this is where newcomers usually come to. There are windtossed foothills to the north, where a herd lives'', she says looking at him, as if he is supposed to be catching on to something ''These woods are quite frigid in the winter, and you are pretty lucky you came during summer, when everything is nice, and so warm'', ''Yes I am very lucky '' Bane no offence intended, but what where the lands you used to live in like?'' she says curiously '' Well I was born in a small field which most the time was either cold, snowy or rainy, there was also a little forest but it was nothing like this one, it was always dead and silent with no green vegetation, or birds singing or flowers blooming, that's why I usually didn't go in their though'' he says looking at her with a warm smile ''I like this place much better, with all the life and warmth, Ugh I hate the cold in a way I could not describe'' he says with a slight shiver then he shrugs, and turns to her ''What was your home like?'' then he lay down ''Where do you live know?, do you have a herd?''. he says looking into her still entrancing green/brown eyes. He awaits her answer''.

Hidden Account
Orinthia

ORINTHIA</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"

As he told me about his home, I felt a rush of pity. How would it be to grow up on a desolate place, that seemed to be so eerie all the time. I thought back to my happy meadow, with the bouncing rabbits, and butterflies. Almost like a scene off of a dream. With the woods not so far away, just a short walk to, and the rushing brook crossing in the middle of the fields. That was my home. The home I truly loved. But his. Rainy. Snowy. Yes, in my home we experienced severe snow and rain, but that was only during winter. Not during happy spring days. Then he talked about the forest that seemed dead. How horrible. "That's truly horrible", I said. But I knew, despite the fact of the lacking birds and flowers, that I would go venture the forest. It was in my blood to get into trouble, especially when there were new eerie places to explore.

"Don't worry Bane, I feel the same way", I was saying, referring to the fact of him hating the cold. "I am part Friesian, and my breed is supposed to adore the cold, but I loathe it with my life. I hate the feeling. And contrary to my breed, I enjoy the heat. Just to bask in it all day", I said, murmuring the last part about lazing in the sun. That would be the life. "My home...", I said dreaming off. "My home was...quite contrary of yours", I said. "It was a field, with flowers and bugs in the spring. It snowed heavily during the winter though, and rained a lot during the spring also. But besides the field were vast, stretching woods. Alone, I explored it so much I knew every place by heart", I said. "There was also a brook passing through the field, into the woods, and by the looming mountains", I told him. He asked me how I lived now and I smiled. "I'm a loner now. I drift. I have no home, and no herd", I said. I smiled, but all my eyes revealed, was pure sadness. He looked into my emerald eyes, as I looked back into his precious violet orbs. The color of flowers in a field. There was still hope for him too.

blah blah blah