the Rift

A close watch II (Returning Time God)

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F a e l e ne

You take the breath, right out of me.

Long walks were suppose to be good, and insightful. Faelene didn't like her own mind, it didn't exactly shut off. It rarely had good things to hold, cause a spark, a distraction. All the way dread set in her bones that she had not accomplished her quest. Really, who wanted to deal with an angry God? Or even grumpy? Then she would be grumpy, and she was trying to yield her tongue. Pissing off a God on purpose was brainless. The one thing fired her own temper was when she was pegged in a hole she did not conform to. This journey she kept repeating to herself, I will not upset the God of Spark.

The curved island came in sight, the long stretch of bridge of heat she had to venture over. A last shot of normal air, Faelene begin a fast walk, letting her hooves clip off the stone in quick vibrations. Then came the wrath of the heat, and she was happy she had removed her armor. Nothing could prevent the drips that started behind her ear, the moisture on her chest. The strangest feeling in the world to sweat without cause. She had only traveled twice, but the path was familiar, and there was no sign of other souls. When she reached the ledge even from a distance she saw the change. The shrines of the Gods were well one was not exactly damaged. The rest? A closer inspection the Time God's was the worst. Broke in two, and one half missing. It made her heart catch in her throat. Silver eyes fell to the others they were ruined in black, raked by the elements of their patrons. Except the Earth God, she had not met him to know he was the even tempered one. She stood there like a lost child, bewildered, her head drooped, and her brows scrunched. What had caused this? It was a bit depressing, and overwhelming to think there was no point to be here. That, it might not be a possibility to communicate with them. She found a ragged breath leaving her before she could stop it. Faelene wasn't upset she couldn't get her magic, but the fact the Gods might have separated themselves entirely from this world with no words of thanks, request for advice even, it was a cut. Had the occupants of Helovia been forsaken?

Deep inside her, she found something to hold. Hope, faith. She could grip it, those things getting her through a lot. Humbly she bowed her head, "God of Spark I have returned after finding the golden lion. Would you talk to me? Would you grace me with your presence?" That was her quiet plea, her quiet request. Remembering the last time, she did not turn around, but had her head tipped so she could see behind her. Again, Faelene was trying not to believe too hard to see the face of black, and white. Hear his bored, and grumbling lyrics rumble against her ears. She didn't know if he would come. She wanted him to if only to know he still existed.

[Returning for her lightxshock magic. Ability to control energy to manipulate objects and form an invisible shield to protect mind and body against physical and magical attacks.)]

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

On wings made of static and lightning, the God of Time swooped onto the landing where the broken shrines sat, lifeless. The expression on his face was far too twisted and joyful for the somber graveyard of hopes and dreams. A compacted, muscular body trotted forward, solid hooves crunching on the bits and pieces of rock, and he, for once, was in a good mood to see Faelene. Electric blue eyes, ancient and terrifying peered from beneath his white brows, and he came to a halt in front of the unicorn, the lightning and static wings disappearing into nothing with a loud snap.

"So you did find the lion and learn from him whatever it was. Fine, yes, you did an excellent job," he rumbled, more to himself. The God then stared at her intensely. "However, I cannot protect you from mental and physical and magical attacks with one quest. Quite frankly, that's a little selfish, wouldn't you think? You would be practically invincible, and that never, ever works out very well."

The God of the Spark then looked around at the veins. "Though, if you want to see us again, you will have to seek us when our hooves are on the ground. Or, who knows. Maybe you will run headlong into free magic. I care not." With a flash of his tail, he grunted a little and moved closer to Faelene. He called up his left wing of lightning and static and then shoved the tip of a shocking feather straight through her chest. Tearing it out made a visceral crack but left no visible signs of damage. Oh, but she would ache.

"Alveterzane!"

((Congrats!

:: [Magic: ShockxLight | Ability to make a shield of energy that protects her from physical and magical attacks; energy can also be used to manipulate objects with some difficulty]
:: [Restrictions | One shield use will only block one attack. Forming the shields takes great concentration and will leave the user fatiqued]

Since this magic already technically has three facets to it (the picking objects up and the magic blocks and the physical blocks), the ability to block mental attacks would be an upgrade.

))

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F a e l e ne

You take the breath, right out of me.

[ :3 Thank you. That's fine, I understand. I wasn't sure what was being counted, I just used my past question for reference since I wasn't sure then either. ]

He made a thunderstorm seem gentle, the way he landed on the rock, the thrums of his powerful wings. Pillar shifted around to face him, as once before, but this time playing the part of a humble mortal. Faelene hadn't even known he had any, but they were pure energy. A bit frightening, terrible, and wonderful to look upon. A cracking sound that might have her ears ringing forever they disappeared. He barely seemed to be talking to her with his thundering tones. She thought he would thoroughly question her, but he did not see through her entirely."You would know better than me," she responded, though there was no mockery in her tone today. She kept her eyes level to his vivid blue, as if they could electrocute in a fleeting glance. She would take what was given. No one should be invincible, she would assume this magic wouldn't protect her from magic that attacked the mind. Whether it be illusions, or breaking into her personal thoughts. He was in a rather "good mood". Was it the state of ruin of this place that had him happy? She hated to think too much, did she have a hidden thought from him?

Why he told her what to do if she desired more, she didn't know. He said it himself, he did not care. "I am glad to hear you do not tie yourselves here any more, but are not gone forever. Though..you probably do not give advice, or care for prayers. Do you?" The words rolled out, before she had decided if they right or wrong. He could very well just ignore her. She seemed nothing with him standing before her. The red maned barely braced herself for what was to come, because closure of space was never a good sign. Especially between God and moral. All she could see was the spark of a wing diving into her, pulsing static, the charge ripping into her chest, threatening her breath, accelerating her heart rate, making her knees tremble. A loud crack, made her head hurt worse, though it was the sign the lightning sword was out. Silver eyes wide looked down there was no blood and guts oozing from her, but she couldn't quite breathe. Her insides still felt of fire, and lava. Whatever energy she had left she used it to fight off any whimpers or screams, though one small murmur must have left her when she realized it was gone. This was probably what Lace was talking about, she thought ironically. "Believe me, I won't be asking again," she whispered, half gasped feeling like she had been hit by a thundercloud. Suddenly she was quite certain he was telling her to go.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

The God of Time was caught off guard by her question. He was not sure about the effects of prayer on his ego since he had never taken an active roll with the mortals before. However the increasing idiocy of his siblings forced him to take a power stance among the bickering trio. The short and boxy black face tilted ever so slightly, blue eyes growing distant to consider what she was asking. "I give advice when the asker seems legitimately interested in learning. Prayers are for those who are too weak to make for themselves their own path. Or rather, that is how I see it. My siblings seem to thrive on the submission of you mortals."

After infusing the unicorn with her magic, the God of Time watched as a streak of her hair in her forlock turned to stark white. The power of the magic that hit her chest like a stab through the heart had leeched the stunning burgundy of her hair, a permanent sign of the power she held and the pain that it cost. In a way, the God of the Spark found the marking fitting, as if entirely destined. Like a tattoo carved into the flesh to mark a great feat or suffering, the white mark in her hair carried with it the evidence of her pain and the promise of a tale.

When she told him that she would not be asking again, he smiled and offered her a polite farewell in a foreign language. She was a brave soul. She would be back.

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom