the Rift

lessons learned[Sun God return]

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

I glance around, the black rocks click against my hooves as I walk towards the Sun god's shrine. It sits there, seemingly calling for me. I rush, although I stumble slightly. I was waiting, waiting for the Sun god to remove this curse from my body. I had coughed and stumbled constantly over Birdsong. But now, I was so close to getting this curse removed, and earning my magic. The magic I had asked the Sun god for so long ago.

Only now do I realize how beaten up the shrines are. The Time god has only half a shrine, the Moon god shrine is practically destroyed, the Earth god shrine is over run with vines and flowers. The Sun god shrine, well, that's burnt to the point of blackening. Huh, that's how my hocks feel too. I snicker, somehow making a joke out of my pain. I open my maw, and cough. Impressive. I roll my eyes, looking into the sky. Was the Sun god even going to answer me? Or was he just going to watch me suffer some more? I shake my head, tilting it down a bit.

"God of the Sun, I have returned from my quest." I speak in a casual tone. My fiery red eyes remain on the sky. The sun shines bright, almost blinding me. I glance down before further damage is done. Silence is the only thing. I'd probably be here waiting for quite a bit now. I flick my tail, my appendages remaining at my sides. I shift my weight from the right to the left and back again. I was waiting, somewhat patiently. Another cough comes from me, and I grunt. This was so frustrating. Trying to hold in my coughs, and on top of that my cries of pain. I had gotten somewhat used to it, but the pain still remained somewhere in the back of my head. Where it would sit. And slowly drift forward until I screamed and wriggled on the ground, slowly dying. But of course, that won't happen for quite a while. I was still young. I had a life to live. Hopefully a long one. That is, if I don't get on the Sun god's nerves like I did last time.

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God of the Sun descended in a pillar of fire, swiftly. For a brief moment, the flames shrouded his golden form like a cape, embracing him tightly and burning out to nothing. He stared at the stallion in pain, unmoved, and he narrowed his gaze ever so slightly. Ash practically spilled out of the red-eyed one's throat when he coughed, and a tight smirk briefly moved across his lips. "If you could call suffering a quest," he grunted.

Golden wings moved more tightly to his side, and the god stayed far away from the stallion. "Though I suppose you have learned your lesson. Well enough. The pain you felt is what you will be able to inflict on others; use it wisely, or I will take it away." The threat was clear and powerful, and he finally tossed his horned head and moved mane from over his eyes.

"Fine. I keep my promises." The God of the Sun summoned the flames around his body again, and they leapt into Azzaron's mouth, running down his throat. Though this time, the flames did not hurt. Instead, they healed as they went, fixing the fire in his guts and then becoming a part of his soul. Finally, the fires died out, and the red-eyed stallion was renewed, healthy and afixed with a sense of power.

"Go. Do not make me regret that decision."

((Congrats!

:: [Magic: Fire | Ability to burn others from the inside out]
:: [Restrictions | Works slowly at first, raising body temperatures before causing intense pain. The burning lasts for 30 seconds and leaves lingering discomfort]

))

CREDITS