the Rift

A new beginning [OPEN]

Divinity Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The pitch black mare walks into the woods of the threshold in awe, she tries to look at almost every detail of the beautiful forest around her even no she knows it's almost impossible ''Wow this place is even better than my forest'' she yells out loud, oops she says with a small laugh.

After examining everything around the area for about two hours it starts getting hot, with her horn glimmering as the sun hits it she looks up at the sky, it's only about noon, she decides to look for a tall hill with a big tree, that way she will be in the shade and be able to look around at the trees below. When she finds a tall enough hill, she climbs it, at the top is a huge oak tree with a patch of soft grass at its base ''Perfect'' she thinks to herself as she lays under the giant oak, A breeze of tallsun air sweeps over her, she breathes it in as it flutters through her pure white mane, she hasn't felt this peaceful since she was with her mother.

She sits under the tree quietly thinking of what the horses here will be like, friendly and kind ''she likes friendly and kind horses'' or mean and vicious ''she will not put up with them''

She gets awoken from her thoughts by baby birds in a nest above chirping as their mother flutters back, ''I wish I could fly'' she thinks to herself because if I could, I'd go anywhere I wanted to, ''wow pegasus are lucky'' she says out loud I mean I love being a unicorn but it's just not the same as being able to fly wherever you want to, she smiles at the thought of having wings, then lays her head down on the soft patch of grass and begins to drift off.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Tallsun was creeping back in, and it was not a thing Mauja approved of. The days grew longer and hotter, the nights shorter and brighter; the oppressive heat would soon settle like a blanket, smothering. Would this summer bring fits of rage and droughts, too, or would they be allowed to suffer it in peace at least? The last time the season had come around had been, quite literally, hell for the frost-lover, with heat haze dancing upon a torrid horizon and nothing but arid steppes were lush meadows had been. Snorting, he hoofed it through the Threshold forest. The Sun had been on a rampage the last time around — if he behaved this year, would it be more pleasant? Was it just his bad experience speaking through faithless voices? Maybe. Maybe not.

He stalled for a moment, teetering on the brink between truly stopping and moving forward, his eyes growing clouded with thought. Having been on some trip through time and space, into a world that sometimes was merely alternate, and sometimes ancient, had somehow given his thoughts more channels to run through. How had the summers been back then, in the land he had walked alone, the land which had largely been untouched by hoof and horn, and never known the shade of wings? No point in wondering, lest the playful spirit which had pulled him there felt his curiosity and took him back. Curious he might be, but Mauja had no desire to return to that place. His life was here, and bit by bit he was starting to believe that he truly was back.

Moving on, the alabaster stallion swept through the forest on familiar paths, eventually climbing one of the knolls merely because a not too old trail led up there. Flicking his tail behind him in a fruitless attempt to fan his hocks. One oak, older than the rest, towered above the small hill, and beneath it slept a dark shape. Or rested — he couldn't quite tell. A shimmering black hide covered a sleek shape, her mane and tail white as the newly fallen snow (not that you'd see any of that in summer), and the sunlight glittered upon a gold-trimmed horn. The regal Mauja crept closer, the sounds of his frosted hooves meeting the earth like a whisper. "It is unwise to sleep in the Threshold." His voice held amusement, and a small smile played upon his face. Either she was very confident, or very stupid, to sleep in such an unknown place. "It can be dangerous here."
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Unregistered
''It is unwise to sleep in the threshold'' She whips her head around, startled to see a snow white stallion with black spots covering his body, '' it can be dangerous here,'' I'm fine she says slightly annoyed that the stallion thinks she cannot protect herself in this threshold forest ''I mean I've only lived in the forest my whole life!, ''I guess he is a little right she thinks to herself'', ''I mean there probably are wolves and other predators lurking around here somewhere.''

she can't decide if she should give him her name or keep it to herself, after a second of thinking about it she decides to be friendly and give it ''my name is Divinity'', whats yours? she asks.

Stretching out her long legs she stands up, ''Sure is a hot tallsun day isn't it?'' she asks pausing to let him reply to her questions, then she hears the snap of a twig she quickly spins around, she looks down the hill to where she heard twig snap and sees a wild hair, ''O good it's just a wild hair'' she thinks to herself then she turns back to the white stallion, examining his blue eyes, ''wow I love your eyes'' she says halfway jokingly since her eyes are almost the exact same color, except hers are ice blue.

''I like your horn'' she says while looking at his frosted blue and spiraled white horn.
Ascended Helovian

Vivid, it's a bit confusing with the way you write, when you speak/think etc, it's hard to know what she says out loud or not. Do you think you could use a uniform "system"? For example, it's very common with italic for what I think and "Bold with quotations for what I speak". It'd make it easier for me, thank you! <3 :)

At least she had reactions still. His expression did not change much when she started — perhaps his smile lost a little of its warmth, and the curiosity in his blue gaze hardened to something colder. Protective, stupid, ignorant. The muscles of his jaws hardened as he clenched them shut, biting back the angry retorts and harsh words he wished to spill on her ears. She said that her name was Divinity, suddenly smiling like the sun as if nothing at all had happened, even asked for his — again, he bridled his tongue, curled it back in his mouth and kept his voice within. Shallow and stupid she went on, rambling about the day and getting up. As the twig broke one of his ears twitched, otherwise he did not look away from her. Moment by moment his mood sank and his eyes grew darker, and in silence he stood as she inspected every inch of him. Leyra's revelation about her emotions had made him wary of praise, so when her mindless tongue started spouting things about his eyes and horn the last of the warmth faded. Darkness edged his cold eyes and his smile had nothing but frost around the edges.

"I am Mauja," he responded coolly to her earlier inquiry. Was she stupid? Her mouth kept going too fast, first with a bitchy comeback to his advice, and then suddenly happy, and, what, flirtatious? Slowly his ears fell back against his neck. "And you, Divinity, should not so easily brush off the advice of a native. I know this forest better than you do," and he felt the cold creep in his veins, slowly leeching it into her blood, aiming to drop the temperature in her chest a degree or so. "- and it is not the forest which chills your blood, is it?" He snorted and whipped his tail against his hocks, before releasing the magic, thawing the crystals of ice he'd planted in her veins. He allowed his gaze to trail away, out across the forest, one ear rotating in her direction to keep alert — he wouldn't be surprised if she burst into flame and turned out to be the Demon Mare from Hell or something. Sometimes deities cloaked themselves as idiots to see how they were treated, and if he'd pissed off something powerful it wouldn't surprise him.

"This is a dangerous place," he said quietly, trying to forget about the whole episode, of her words about his eyes and horn.

Unregistered
she listens to him as he introduces himself ''I'm Mauja'' he says, 'Mauja I've never heard a name like that'' she thinks to herself then she watches as his ears fall back to his neck ''And you divinity should not brush off the advice of a native, I know this forest better than you,'' it sent shivers down her spine ''and it is not the forest which chills your blood is it?'' he snorts, this sends more shivers down her back ''this dude is creepy'' she thinks to herself, ''this is a dangerous place'' he says quietly.

She quietly stairs at him for a while trying to figure out what to say to him, then she decides to apologize ''I'm sorry It's just that I've lived in a forest my whole life and never seen anything dangerous, I guess I didn't think the forest here would be that much different, and I'm also, sorry for being rude I need to learn how to control myself better'' she smiles at him apologetically then looks at the ground and says well sorry for bugging you I guess I should go, ''go where she thinks to herself'' she doesn't know she just figured she should stop bothering him with her crappy mood swings''[/b] she dips her head apologizing once again, then lifts her head and turns away to go wherever she's going, hoping that he doesn't wonder where she's going because she has absolutely no idea where. She just knows that she should leave him alone even if he did wake her up.
Ascended Helovian

She stared and he stared back, more neutrality in his eyes than chill now; sometimes you had to beat a fellow on the head a little to make them think straight, and when she spoke his ears swept forward to catch the words. A small, grim smile curled his lips. This forest is much different... But perhaps she was seeing that for herself now anyway, having been subjected to a, perhaps, less than pleasant encounter. "You don't have to go," he told her even as she was turning away, blinking his blue eyes slowly. At least she was somewhat aware of her rather, uneven mood, and perhaps living with the Basin unicorns would straighten her out some. Flicking his white, raven-feathered tail he sighed a little, tilting his head to one side and stretching the muscles of his neck. "But it's up to you, I guess, if you want a home or not." She was already walking away, and he wasn't going to hunt her down, but there was no harm in teasing her a little.. seeing if he'd catch himself a fish when he'd put the bait on the hook and stopped trying to jab her with it in the first place. Ultimately, it was up to her, and he watched her curiously, wondering if her motions would stop, and rewind, or if she'd keep walking away.

( up to you if you want to keep walking away or keep threading. ^^ )

Unregistered
''This forest is very different'' and ''You don't have to go,'' he says, then after a second he lets a little sigh out and says ''But it's up to you, I guess, if you want a home or not,'' ''A home....'' she thinks to herself ''whats a home like?'' she asks curiously ''She tries to imagine what a home would be like, she's always had a home it was just that it was in the middle of the forest in a small cave, with just her mother and her and she doubts that that's what his home is like'' ''she imagines a lot of snow and a ton of other horses.The snow mainly because of how white he is and the ton of other horses because well there's usually a ton of horses in a herd. She turns around to look at him ''Are there other unicorns there? or at least other horses?,'' ''I wonder what mom would say if she where here'' she thinks to herself ''she would probably laugh and tell me to keep walking, that i'm better off on my own, that an independent mare like me doesn't need someone else's help, let alone a stallions, but the thing is, is that she does need some help, shes not as strong as her mother was or as independent as she was. She snaps out of her thoughts and renters the real world. She looks up at the sky seeing if there would be any rain but the sky is still clear and bright.

(OOC Sorry it took me so long, Also sorry it sucks xD)
Ascended Helovian

His words had the intended effect, though part of him wished she'd just keep walking. Flick her tail, pretend she hadn't heard. But, no. The allure of a home often hooked strangers, the concept of belonging, being protected, safe. Such a foolish notion, yet that base need drove them all. Divinity's voice broke the silence, and his ears flicked forward. What's a home? An illusion, something you covet, yet it can be torn from you in the darkness of night. He pushed the bitter smile down, watching her with enigmatic, curious eyes instead. Better to seem open and kind. Best of all to be it, but today was one of those glitched days when it felt like fiery snakes crawled under his skin. Giving his head a shake to try and clear it he drew a step closer, trying to gauge her reaction. Run away, or stay?

"A home is a wonderful place," he began, his voice smooth and faintly warm again, like the touch of sunlight on a winter's day. "Somewhere to be safe and cherished, a place to belong to. There are many unicorns in our valley, so you would not be alone." With me. Because, he was quite certain that unless his mood drastically changed, he would do bad things to her if they were left alone for too long. Forcing patience upon himself he flicked tail and ears both, listening through an owl's ears to the sound of wings and wind. Calm. "What say you?" he asked with the sun glistening in his eyes, and a bent little smile upon his lips.

Unregistered
She see's his ears flick forward when he hears her ask what a home is, then He takes a step closer and says ''A home is a wonderful place,'' she listens to his voice, which has now lost most of its coldness and gained a slight warmth. ''Somewhere to be safe and cherished, a place to belong to. There are many unicorns in our valley, so you would not be alone.'' his voice seems to get a little colder. ''What say you?'' he says with a bent smile on his face, she thinks for a second, then agrees, ''I would very much like a home,'' she says with a cautious smile, she likes the thought of having a home but it seems that if she doesn't learn to control her mood swings she's not going to be very welcomed there. she stairs at him for a second then she lets her eyes venture off of him and into the surrounding bright green vegetation of the forest ''Is there a forest where you live, or at least any near it?'' she says curiously, still not letting her eyes wander back to his, she observes the forest a while longer then finally lets her gaze land back on him, not making eye contact but not avoiding it entirely. ''Thanks for the offer, but I can decline and just leave if you want me to'' she says noticing he's not to happy at her wanting to have a home, or at least not his home.
Ascended Helovian

He was not entirely surprised with her answer — most who came through wanted one, for one reason or another. The prospect of safety, comfort, a family, it lured many in, but Mauja knew that it was nothing but a false security that could be broken, shattered, any moment. But, it was the sense of connection, belonging, which made even those of different ideals fight together and unite when danger came. He would not turn away anyone who might make a difference in keeping them safe.

"I'm afraid there's no forests nearby my home," he told her, a hint of sadness in his voice. His old home had been full of trees and fog, and this new one was.. devoid of both. It felt a bit odd. At her next words however, he gave her a rather quizzical look. "Why? Don't be silly — but if you'd rather find a home with trees, I shan't stop you. If you'd still like to come to mine, you're welcome to." With a flick of his tail and another smile, he turned around, seeking to fall back into his calm, and began to wander north. If she wanted to live in the Basin, she could come along. If she didn't wan to.. he gave a small shrug. Then it was not his problem anymore.