the Rift

Born in the Arms of Imaginary Friends, Open

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
 LAKOTA</style>
 my heart is a hollow place for the devil to dance again</style>

Lakota was seriously tired of babysitting.

God damn it sure, she was older. She was wiser, had far more experience than the little runts, and had magic to back her ass. But that didn't mean she was a nanny! Okay, so she'd taken on the task of watching over Ophelia, Ktulu, and Hototo on her own. But that was the task she'd always taken on, far too loyal to not do it. The vixen would kill herself before she ever let them be harmed simply because she wasn't watchful enough. She knew she had big sister instincts far larger than most, and had a problem with being a grumpy bitch that watched out for her charges with a chaste, subtle kind of love. Most of the time she came off as awkward and unhappy, but they always seemed to get the message. Nevertheless! Gods, she'd had to save Phaedra from a fucking sea monster and a pack of wolves! Then the youth had somehow grown on her, and Lakota had unhappily (fake and you know it, Kota) taken her beneath metaphorical wing. Jesus the only ones who had sense about them seemed to be on the mercenary side of things! (Except Apollo. Apollo doesn't count) Flipping the bird to her sarcastic mind that loved to remind her of things she didn't want to know. They were pushed away for a reason. Rafe and Osiris were the only others she knew that weren't more trouble than they were worth, and she hardly ever saw them around. Ktulu, at least, didn't seem to care about her personal shadow.

She had nearly exhausted herself to the point of unconsciousness when she had saved Phaedra, and directly after recovering she had fled the shadows of her home and broken into the sharp sunlight of tallsun. There was no use trying to hide. Shadows were her friend, hiding her in swathes of obsidian. With the sun beating down on the earth, she was a sore thumb in the beautifully flowered meadow. Despite the slowing rains, which were hardly noticeable, the flowers were blooming relentlessly. It seemed that this meadow always made her walls drop, crashing like glass to her hooves. It was simple why this happened, and once you understood the backstory you would also understand why she traveled to this particular place only when she wanted to let go. Stupid Ithrim...

When she was young and cold and he'd saved her from herself, she'd been the epitome of a fumbling filly. It seemed everywhere she'd turned he'd be doing something stupidly sweet with that half goofy grin half smirk. And every time she would feel as if her legs were tangled and she was falling. At the time she hadn't understood that sensation was her falling impossibly in love with the goofy smartass. Despite knowing she could never keep them around her parents, he would place flower after flower in her long black locks. Lakota would grumble, flustered and anxious, hiding it behind sarcasm and biting comments that never seemed to affect him. Even so, she would never shake them out until she absolutely had to for fear her parents would catch her. Every flower, even the thistle that crowded them, reminded her of him. Stupid Ithrim...she thought again, with sorrow. Stupid, stupid Ithrim...I love you. Long ebony legs bent until shins touched the earth. Curling up on the earth, eyes shiny with tears she knew would never spill. Lakota was not worthy of crying. Slowly she lowered down to her side, dark lips touching the petal of the nearest flower. Every soft breath made it flutter and sway. Feeling as if her heartbeat was connecting with that of the earth. Hoping to the Gods that somewhere Ithrim really was waiting, that he could feel it still beating. What the fuck did she care if someone ventured upon her, judged her? Let them see! Let them see what happens when you meet the perfect other piece of your soul, and have it torn apart right before your very eyes! If anyone judged her for this intimacy, this vulnerability, then they were foolish and blind. For losing a lover as she had lost hers was a pain not worth enduring. Had she not sworn her continuing existence to her dying soulmate she would have cut short the rhythm of her heart within seconds of his death. No, instead he had made her swear to move on. To divert from the path of her parents, to love again. He had saddled her with a curse and a blessing. You know you can't love again. For he was the only one you could ever love. Pained thoughts made tears sting sharper but still they did not fall. No. No, she promised. She swore that she would love again, and she would.

Heavy sigh made the flower bow dangerously, and Lakota turned her gaze to the sky. Lifting the front half of her body, resting still on the warm sun baked earth. Depression does not suit you, she snapped at herself, and struggled to push away the memories that flooded out every time she let down the barriers of her mind. Ithrim smiling, laughing, winking at her. Flicking her with his tail, putting flowers in her hair. Pushing her lithe body around but always there to steady her. Slowly they faded as she forced them back, though face was weary from doing so.

Fuck you Ithrim.

I love you...

Azura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
New in this land I wanted nothing more to do but make a good impression.

At a extended trot I head though the forest of thistles. I had been taught my paces so well that it almost felt as though I was gliding along the ground,each hoof only just touching to flooring for less then a beat before it pushed my back up and forward,repeating the cycle over and over again. This land was so different from where I come from. There were so many different types of places. A desert for example,I had never seen one before but it was just how father had described it to me. A land caked in rolling dunes of sand,heat pounding down on my back as I had flown above it.

Where I had come from it was nothing like it was here. It had all been caves and rocky,another reason that when I place my hoofs on the ground to push me back up,it was so quick and accurate to where I planed it to be for,to get down to the main grounds from my own cave,I had to leap down from rock to rock if I didn't feel like flying down. Oh,and yes,I did have my own cave to myself,as did my father but it was only because I was his daughter and he was the leader. No one was aloud in our caves unless they were invited in.

My golden orbs catch sight of another make,looking up at the sky,as if she was deep in thought of something and I doubt she even knew I was here. Slowing my pace my direction turns towards her. Her body is a mash of blues and sooty colours,not forgetting a back that almost looked as if it was dusted white. I halt,standing before her in all my beauty,my head is held high,as is my tail raised,my mane falls neatly over my neck,tumbling down,the locks almost wavy. My golden eyes don't pierce her,they instead hold a warm feeling. "Greetings friend,I am Azura."

LAKOTA</style>

The barrier had been placed back up between the small area of Ithrim and her past life and the rest of her thoughts, keeping her from remembering him fully. Shoving away every thought of him, focusing instead on the Grey and her life. What in the world was she doing? Sometimes she wondered what her real purpose was in the Grey. She was a Mercenary, a Recruiter, a Babysitter, a Bodyguard…and yet she was the only one giving out her love, strange and cold as it may be. Did anybody even give two shits about her? Was she just the poisoner? Did they look up to her? Was she even worth being looked up to? Could she really lead Hana into that sort of life? Hana would enjoy it, no doubt. Yet Lakota seemed to be just a shadow, not that it had ever bothered her before. That was what she did best, after all. It was her life, and she was rather surprised that something had kept her in Helovia. Whatever it was, she thanked it, for it had brought her sister back to her.

Soft sigh shook her lean chest, ruffling a few blades of grass that were swept up intimately against her ebony skin. Lakota had no idea what to do from here. Knowing she would stand once more and turn back towards the woods, push away the worries that had driven her from them in the first place. Ithrim, his memory, always seemed to comfort her when she needed space. But once she had arrived in her home, what then? He had begged her to love again, to open up and show the side of her that was hidden very deep inside of her. A beautiful pearl inside a clam shut far too tight. Could she do it again? Could she really allow someone in that far, where they could hurt her? The one and only place she was most vulnerable? She had gone through hours of torture after killing her father, and she had taken it with a bloodthirsty, satisfied smirk on her face. Pain did not break her. Physical blows would never hurt her as much as love could. Even if she did decide she wanted to love again, who would even care enough to see past the thousands of walls she put up to protect herself? Fuck, she sounded like some lonely romance-starved filly!

Her face twisted into a scowl just as the sound of another touched her listeners and made them swivel upon her cranium. It is another mare, and she seems so satisfied with her own beauty that Lakota feels like smashing her face in. Reeling in her rather violent tendencies, she gave her a cold stare that was her normal face. If she took offense it wasn’t her fault, for that was how her face looked all the time. Standing she was still satisfied to realize she was taller, shaking herself so that the grass and petals fell off her sides. ”I’m not your friend,” she grumped, but nonetheless stood to face her. Once upon a time, Lakota was beautiful. She always would be, but the frigid nature of her expression often made her seem far too strict, far too angry. Beauty was irrelevant to her. Who cared what you looked like? You could be the prettiest person on the outside and be a rotten bitch on the inside. ”Lakota, Poisoner of the Grey.” That was all she needed to say, and all she would. Her title. The only thing she owned. Violet irises surveyed the female before her, calculating what she could. ”What brings you here?” She really didn’t care that much, but she might as well attempt conversation right?

Unregistered
I am greeted by a rather unpleasant face.

Wether she intended this face I didn't know but it made a awkward mood. I’m not your friend. I am stunned for less then a second but it wasn't the first time I had met characters like this. My father was in this mood at times. One moment he was your best friend and the next your better watch out. Not because he would lash out or anything but he could get quiet grumpy but I always seemed able to cheer him up. Wether that was because I was his daughter I didn't know. My quick stun soon turns onto rolls of light hearted laughter,not at her completely though but her grumpiness really did need to be lighter at least.

Lakota, Poisoner of the Grey. Now I am pretty shocked,though my face refuses to show it. Poisoning was something I was never fond upon,and never would be. I don't think anyone should be killed to be honest and if they do,it would be more honourable without the use of magic,not that killing was honourable at all. I doubt back home,in the attempted invasion taking place,that many of the other side would be killed by us for no one back home believed in killing,not without reason anyway. What brings you here? I smile faintly,not sure if I want to tell her,but what do I have to fear?

"My father sent me here for he did not wish me to get hurt in the attempted invasion back home." My golden orbs flicker down to the amulet that hung round my neck,it was the only thing I had left of my father. "I am from a land of gold legends." I doubted she knew the land of the golden for it was extremely far away from here but there was nothing wrong with tagging it on the end. Anyway,I expected some sort of grumpy replay to spill from her which might be quiet amusing.

LAKOTA</style>

It’s almost disappointing when the fae is only momentarily shocked. Lakota isn’t a nice person on the outside. She’s a prickly cretin and she doesn’t care, and this glowing female is starting to rub her the wrong way just through her presence. The little lady doesn’t know pain. She couldn’t possibly comprehend what the older woman has gone through. How dare she stand there smiling and happy? How dare she act like she knew the roan female? Lakota hated her for being so pure, but knew she didn’t know the femme in any way and couldn’t judge. Oh wait, yes she could, because Lakota didn’t care necessarily. However she wasn’t in the mood for a fight for once and just felt like a grumpy old lady at that moment. Her laughter makes Lakota stare at her momentarily before turning her head with a downward half-sneer, half-frown. What in the world was she doing? Lakota glanced at her, hiding her confusion behind irritation. Azura, wasn’t it? She doesn’t speak at all when Lakota announces her title, and the older fae hopes she got a reaction of some sort. It doesn’t matter she cannot see it.

Faint turn of lips catches her attention again, but words that follow are far from savory and Lakota grimaces. She had been the Princess in her former home, and not only did she not hide from battle, she led her cavalry into battle. To her, a female that runs from war is a disgrace. Ear flicks to show her disinterest in the following words. Gold legends? What did she care? ”Well congrats for being unharmed then,” and it is a hiss as it comes out, eyes angry. ”So you’re saying that you left behind your family, your herd, simply because daddy told you to? You let them fight for your home? While you simply turned and ran?” Head shakes slowly in disbelief and Lakota turned, flicking her tail at the fae to show she wanted the lass to follow her. ”Whatever, your choice. What has the world come today? When I was fucking Princess I was on the frontline leading my warriors to battle. Mares these days, what the fuck…” Face twisted as she spoke, not directly to Azura but uncaring if she heard. Lakota began walking, wanting Azura to follow. Eyes sought out a path only she saw and she began to speak. ”At least you have something of your father. Lucky you he was kind. Keep it close,” she grumped, but there is a sincerity to her voice. Violet gaze flickering over to the other female. Why was she even dealing with Lakota? She certainly wasn’t worth it. ”You better leave now if you’re looking for good company. I’m not the best of souls, per se.” Visage took on a dark, haunted look. So many memories, all affecting her in some way. Coming to her senses quickly, realizing she had shown a very hurt side of her, something dark and wounded, festering in her mind. Quickly composing her face into ice once more as she walked, not wanting Azura to see more than she already likely had.

Unregistered
So you’re saying that you left behind your family, your herd, simply because daddy told you to? You let them fight for your home? While you simply turned and ran? I stamp my hoof,raising my pretty little head up ever so slightly. I would not take that from her. Still though,more words our spat out her foul mouth and for once I wished I had more authority over her,not that she has any over me. When I was fucking Princess I was on the frontline leading my warriors to battle. Mares these days, what the fuck… My tail flicks to the side as well as my ears touching behind for a split second. Princess? My eyes turn more curious now as I gaze steadily on her blue body. I couldn't imagine this women being anything of a princess. She was all to foul mouthed and grumpy to be of royal blood,as least back in my home. Her home might have been different. Darker and more mysterious,without gold legends tagged on the end. When she asks me to leave I simply stand quiet whilst she turns. Thinking.

But before I had let her walk a few paces I am already in a extended trot,my paces as flowing as ever with my tail streaming in a wave out behind me. I turn turn neatly on my heels to face them mare and stamp my hoof and,although my ears aren't completely back,they are not to far forward either. "I will not stand back and let you speak of me like that Lakota." My voice is firm as I face the mare. "My family goes back for centuries with the gold coat I now possess and I am the last one who holds this color. I have lead my friends though fights but this one was to much. I wanted to stay so badly but my father wouldn't have it." Tail flicks and my voice softens. "What do you mean by I am I was lucky to have a good father. Is it something you never had?"

Surely if my prediction is right,then she can't be a princess for,from what I have gathered from a faint hint,he father was not the kindest. Who would have someone like that as there leader?

LAKOTA</style>

Dainty hoof stomps the ground weakly, and Lakota wishes to do the same into the pretty shallow girl’s head. She is a disgrace to females, and Lakota wishes for one vile second that the dame could be put in her skin. But no, she would never wish that sort of life upon anyone. Her life was nothing but one big smear of blood, most of it coming from her own body. Even if the prissy girly-girl infuriated her for being the stereotypical beautiful, complacent fae, Lakota wouldn’t wish that sort of pain upon her. She doesn’t leave, and Lakota wonders why she is so amped up today. Normally she would be a block of ice, words cutting and sharp. Not that they weren’t, but now they held angry passion behind them. Azura had caught her in the throes of her misery over her dead soulmate, and that was a bad timing for her. Instead of leaving she not only follows but dares to fucking prance before Lakota and stop her, as if it’s a fucking beauty pageant. Derisive snort falls from her, showing how unimpressed she is. Lakota has the skill of a warrior of many years, with magic to back her up. She’s a mercenary for God’s sake. She could take the ‘golden princess’, if she wasn’t so intent on getting the hell away from her. What an annoying hag.

Ears are starting to bow backwards, but Lakota has no such inhibitions. Her own ebony fall fully to her crown, and teeth are bared threateningly. Looming to her full height over the other female, violet eyes as hard as a sharp blade and just as willing to cut. ”You think you can control my mouth now? Guess what princess, you’re just an outcast here. You have no standing. We both lost our crowns little girl, and I’ll speak however I choose,” Anger has disappeared and turned into cutting frigidity. The passion that has fueled her words is gone, and once more she is in perfect control. Face is devoid of emotion, as if she is a doll made of snow and stone. Lakota would not give Azura the pleasure of riling her up, and would remain as frosty as she usually always was. Eyes glance over her golden coat, once again unimpressed. ”No offense to you and your precious coat color, but it’s not that rare. One of my sister-in-arms has the exact same shade.” Tone dull and uncaring. Oh yes, this control is much more satisfying. It is dangerous for Lakota to lose her cool like that, for emotions are revealed that are much safer hidden away. More for her than anyone else, for emotions are what kill Lakota from the inside. Doubt is in her eyes and Lakota’s ears pin further, as if trying to meld into her head. ”Didn’t have? You are so stupid, little girl. I was born into a royal family, don’t think my bad attitude reveals anything, you wanna see how I usually looked before my subjects?” Voice has turned to a hiss with the venom of a viper. Slowly she lets her face fall into a regal, all-knowing gaze. Spine straightens and she rises to full height, lean and tall. Violet eyes are still hard, but not so much cutting. It has been a long, long time since Lakota has appeared this way. All it takes is a change of face and posture, and she takes on the appearance of royalty always hidden beneath her hatred. ”This is me, darling. Did I have a kind father? No. He was King of our land, but we were a herd that killed and conquered. We beat down every opposition, seized control of whatever we wanted. I was the first born daughter, my brother Alleo the first born son.” Voice has changed as well, smooth and almost soothing, like silk. Lakota is embodying the princess she was, and knows the change is obvious, but could care less. Azura could have the shock of her life if she wished, but Lakota would not be called a liar. ”My father and mother alike despised us. They sliced my hide with sharp hooves, beat me down before I was even two seasons old. Do you understand the ice that is put in your soul when you are beaten within an inch of your life, merely for smiling?” Eyes narrow momentarily, but she regally swept her forelock out of her eyes and it was gone, back to the wise gaze that surveyed the world far differently than mere moments before. It is easy to assume this role, she has lived it a great portion of her life. Princess. Gods it had been quite a while though. ”We were not allowed to have fun. No laughter, no smiling. We were to be perfect, I was to be perfect. I was Princess, destined to take over the herd after my parents stepped down. From birth I was introduced to poisonous plants. I soon became a cold individual, with friends that were shadows of friends. I was wanted in their company only because they hoped it would improve the standing of their parents and their own lives. I had nobody but my brother.” And holy Gods why is she spilling all of this? Oh yes, because Azura was naïve. She was blind to the horrors of the world, prancing about as if she still wore a crown. Well, Lakota planned to knock it right off her head, filled with nothing but air as it was. ”My sister was born unwanted, unplanned. They nearly killed her for simply living, Azura. Get it? My herd was brutal. I was a Princess, true as the breath in my lungs, but a Princess isn’t always out of a fairy tale. Sometimes a Princess is born from a nightmare, like me. The world isn’t perfect, and kingdoms can be just as imperfect. I protected my baby sister with my life. I was beaten even more, simply because I was protecting an innocent. Someone who hardly had breathed one lungful. And then, one day, this man appeared. He looked at me and saw past every wall I had, every block of ice that kept all the broken pieces of me protected.” Regal gaze fell and pain took over. They stood there in a face off, and yet Lakota refused to let her shoulders slump to how they had been before. No, she would show Azura. She would paint it out before her eyes. Lakota would not be doubted, she was no liar, and she suddenly wanted to impart in Azura the wisdom of her own years. To show her that the world was hard and cruel, and that she couldn’t go around thinking she owned it, because the world hunted down light and destroyed it. Someone was going to kill her if she thought she was perfect. ”His name was Ithrim. He was sarcastic, and sweet, and a smart ass. But…he was perfect. And slowly he drew me out from this shell of stone I had built around me. I was in love, Azura. The Princess falling for the Peasant. And you want to know what happened when my parents found out?” Violet gaze hardened, pained but also filled with raw, untamed anger. Nothing would keep her from reliving that night in her daymares, for she couldn’t escape them if she tried her hardest. Always, always it would repeat. A stuttering film stuck on play. ”They took him, and they tortured him. They ripped his skin away from his muscles. They broke his legs, crushed in his face, made him bleed so far that his blood stained the earth for paces wide. And you know what’s even worse? I had to fucking watch. I watched as the one person I ever loved, my soulmate, was killed before my very eyes. I heard every cry, every scream. And when at last they were done, I ran to him. I was not a Princess then. I didn’t care for appearances. I cried, I knelt in his life blood. That was my punishment for loving him, his death. And…and his last words? For me to love again.” One tear streaked down her dark cheek over the splot of white over her eye, and she shook it away, teeth gritting in anger. No, emotions made you weak. That was shown clearly in what had happened with Ithrim. She would not let them creep up on her again. ”Angry, I was so angry. I killed my father in cold blood, poisoning him and stripping him from his skin like he had my lover. And then I, too, was caught and tortured. My brother saved me, and I fled. My crown has fallen, Azura, but do not think I was not a Princess. I ruled my herd well, but I have grown numb to killing. Can you blame me for having no emotion when you see the childhood I had? Nearly killing a child every time they dared to smile? So don’t think the world is perfect, little girl. You’re not perfect. Just because you have a pretty gold coat and you’re not ugly doesn’t mean you’re not ugly on the inside. Open your eyes, Azura. This isn’t your home. This is the wild lands, and if you don’t mature right fucking now you’re going to get your pretty little head smashed into the earth. Got it?” Yet her words hold no anger. They are cool, almost defeated. She is not threatening Azura, no. She is warning her, because nobody deserves to go through what Lakota did.

Unregistered
I hold a steady gaze with her as her mouths goes of the rails again. I hated how she spoke,how words spat out from her jaw,and the words that were spat were shameful. I had never heard someone use words like that so brutally. As she proceeds to speak about how usual my coat is I flick my tail. "but does your sister have legends behind it?" I question. It was slightly rhetorical but I doubt she won't have a response but as her words turn the her past my critical eyes softens whilst the tale of a horrific past is told. It was sick. What her parents were. They were nothing like the honorable parents and ancestors before me but it is when she had protected her sister that troubled me the most. Though this is the first time I have ever met with her I had already guessed she was quiet heartless but yet she had taken beatings of her own to protect her young sister. Maybe she did have a spark inside her.

If only she would allow it to show.

Her words turn to nothing of meaning again and I raise my head slightly to show that I would be saying something worthlistening to. If she could be bothered anyway. "First of Lakota do not speak down to me for as you said,we have both lost our crown. Secondly I am deeply sorry for what you have gone though,no one should ever have to go though that but you trouble me Lakota. How could one so hard and cold on the outside be so loving and take punishments when they could easily let others take it?" My voice is true and holds much depths within for the change of tone to get each of my points across for I was determained to get my own points into her head.

Thayne Posts: N/A
Unregistered

T H A Y N E
Let’s Walk Through the Fire Together, Disappear in the Golden Sands

The draft moved slowly through the Thistle Meadow, the reaching hands of grass brushing against the thick pillars of his legs. A slight breeze on the wind rustled his ivory mane and tail, stray strands snagging occasionally on the purple thistles that littered the fields. Soft, piercing green eyes surveyed his surroundings, soaking up the rolling fields and the steam that flowed innocently a ways away. He moved with a surprising amount of grace despite his size, but it was obvious that by the way he moved alone, he was far from a sleuth. All the same, Thayne didn’t mind. Today, his thoughts were elsewhere, preoccupied by a different place in time… He was lost to the natural beauty of the meadow, and instead was locked within the confines of his own head.

Thoughts of Sliccic plagued him, of his homeland that he yearned for but couldn’t have. Had it really only been a season since he had been driven out? Chased from his home by a false, cruel leader? Giving a soft short of indignation, the stallion shook his head, strands of ivory falling before his gaze. Oh, it didn’t do to yearn for something that you couldn’t have… Since arriving into Helovia, the Warlander had met few individuals, keeping to himself and away from others. Even though he was a friendly creature who enjoyed the company of others, it was hard, sometimes, facing the day…

With a slightly sardonic grin marring his dark lips, the coal-colored brute chuckled, but otherwise remained silently. Weaving his way through the fields of tall-grass and thistle, the stallion only came to a stop when he reached the bank of the flowing river, green eyes peering into the depths of the water for a few moments before lowering his head to drink. The water was cool and refreshing upon his tongue, a brilliant contrast to his previously parched throat, and only after drinking his fill did the stag lift his head. It was then, idly, that he snapped out of his thoughts, mind stolen by the sounds of nearby voices. Were there others about?

An ear twitched back, a thick, muscled neck twisting slightly and taking in the scenery, and it was only then that he spotted two other equine’s upon the horizon. Well, one was an equine; the other was a Pegasus, but that was beside the point. Their postures looked defensive, as if they weren’t sure about each other’s actions, and from the unnoticed distance where he stood, Thayne took in each of their appearances. The blue roan was first, and to his experienced eye the steely-grey stallion immediately recognized the look of a warrior. She was beautiful, in her own way, as Thayne had a natural habit of finding the beauty in most creatures… Yet there was something off about her face, something that caused the Warlander to frown. She was sad, he could see it, sad, and livid. Whatever they were talking about was obviously not settling with the roan, and idly he wondered what it could be.

The second, the Pegasus, he rose a brow at. Her coat was a tan-sort, a Tobiano, it looked like, with her mane of a deep chocolate. While sometimes Thayne envied the winged ones for their gift of flight, he found hers to be quite peculiar, but nothing spectacular. Beauty, he had learned since arriving in Helovia, was common-place. It seemed that nearly all mares were extravagantly beautiful, and while he appreciated their good looks, it was becoming mundane. Natural beauty is what truly drew Thayne in… Perhaps that was why he had yet to settle down and choose a mate. Giving a small scoff, his curiosity grew as he watched the pair, green gaze watching in curious worry as the blue roan gave a mighty stomp of her hoof. Yes… Things weren’t going well at all.

Heaving in a breath, the large barrel of his chest expanded and then slowly shrank as he exhaled. Perhaps he should step in? Twisting his body, the draft moved through the grass, ears swiveling forward to take in the sounds of their voices. They grew as he approached, and it was only when he was a few paces away that he could truly hear what they were saying. The blue roan was speaking now, the warrior mare, and he listened with rapt attention as she relayed her tale. Her words caused him to stop in his tracks, and for a few moments he only listened, head lowering slightly. The pure emotion that raked her voice was what caused him to stop. The tale she spoke of was undoubtedly a recollection of her past, a tortured tale that none should go through. He couldn’t even imagine going through such a thing; throughout his foal-hood, he had been blessed with loving and doting parents, and had been urged to frolic and play with others of his age. Then, the roan warrior spoke of a lover she had lost… It was heart-wrenching to hear. Once her tale was completed and warnings given, Thayne half-way expected the Tobiano Pegasus to offer some sort of apology for her pain. Or at least something along those lines, as any mature creature would do… However, none came.

Instead, the Pegasus seemed to be searching for some kind of justification. The words made Thayne scoff and shake his head once more. Were creatures now so ignorant to forget what made life so tough? A youngster, she must be, to believe in foolish tales… Deciding he’d had quite enough, the steely Warlander chose to make himself known, and he cleared his throat, raising his elegant head and approaching the two mares.

“Excuse me,” he said respectfully, dipping his head in kindness towards the both of them, green eyes lingering upon the troubled form of the blue roan mare, “I’m sorry if I’m interrupting, but I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation… I must say, I’m sorry for your pain, madam.” He said sincerely, his tone bordering on sympathetic, yet not. If she was anything of a prideful warrior that he assumed, the last thing Thayne wished to do was upset her by showing her unwanted sympathy. “No one should have to live through that; what an admirable creature you are to have done so.” Next, he turned his large head towards the Pegasus, raising a brow curiously. “And, ma’am, the color of a coat does not warrant a legend; but the actions behind those that wear the coat.” If she was so legendary, then perhaps she could act like it.

Dipping his head even further as was custom in Sliccic, the large stallion spoke, the baritone of his voice gentle and lulling. There was no threat as he had spoken, just simplicity. Sometimes, despite how kind he was, Thayne preferred not to beat around the bush. “Ah… It seems I have forgotten my manners. I apologize, both of you.” A dark smile pulled at his lips and his green eyes sparkled slightly in good-nature, and he proceeded to introduce himself. “I am Thayne. It’s a pleasure.”

[ooc: I hope no one minds Thayne joining in? :D]

[Image: ThayneResized_zps139f09ab.jpg]

LAKOTA</style>

She is a fool, the mare. Every word Lakota speaks, she tries to help her. It is not in the best of ways that may be true, but it is like the youth completely tunes her out when she is giving her advice that can damn well save her life. It is completely frustrating, and she wants to show her that she’s not all that. That nobody cares if she’s pretty, they care if she has a big mouth. Beauty gets you nowhere. In fact, Lakota has never met a more despicable, shallow, ugly creature before. First and foremost she has no brains, relying on her beauty and petty attitude to get her by. She will learn quite soon that others do not take so kindly to her actions and words. Aesthetically pleasing as she may be, Lakota thinks she is foul. The older mare is only trying to help the stupid girl! And yet she does not listen at all to her warnings. The words she flings out are childish, and Lakota is very, very close to biting her head off. Perhaps literally, if she can manage it. Doubtful with the teeth of an equine, but it’d be satisfying nonetheless. Magic surges in her veins and she is dying to use it, to show Azura what real pain is like. What touching death is like. But no, she’s not worth the energy needed. Not even worth flicking an ear, that’s how little she’s worth to Lakota.

Before she can reply to her, more words follow. ”First off Lakota do not speak down to me for as you said, we both lost our crown.” Lakota sneers, unimpressed. They may have both lost their crowns but she’ll soon learn that magic and integrity, morals…those are what give you real power. And Lakota, in that manner, is far above the childish little girl. Her apologies are not wanted, for she can feel that they are fake and hollow. Azura does not really care, and Lakota has not managed to make her understand. She has failed to show Azura the importance of her story, for she did not want pity out of telling it to her. She wanted to teach her morals, to show her that life is not a pretty land to prance in. ”How could one so hard and cold on the outside be so loving and take punishments when they could easily let others take it?” At first she flinches back, truly hurt by what Azura has said. The idea of her letting Hana take those beatings…the image of her beautiful sister flashes in her mind and suddenly she is enraged. She is more than enraged. Mist clouds up around her ankles, a poisonous fog that should not appear naturally, and magic is humming in the air. It always has that energetic presence that any mortal recognizes, and Lakota is displaying her power almost without thought. She doesn’t remember summoning it, and yet it is clouding up around her in agitation. Should it reach Azura, she will inhale it and it will cripple and burn her lungs until she is dead. Yet, since Lakota is not even aware she is summoning her magic in her anger, she does not use it. ”Because she is my sister you bitch! I may be heartless to you, but that’s because you don’t fucking know me! I have a heart thank you, and I am capable of using it! I would never, never have let them hurt her, because I love her. She was, and is, innocent. They would have been killed by these very hooves had they dared to touch her,” Lakota hissed. The booming fury of her words in the beginning of her sentences fading off to a cold, icy anger. Blinking down in shock at the magic swirling around her, quickly cancelling it out.

Lakota staggered backwards, alarmed by how angry she had been. It hurts, to know that everyone is so easily fooled by her façade. Do they all believe her to be a heartless bitch? It is true, she acts like it, but that is not who she is. Does she play the part so well that they fall for it? Has she become that person? No, no she couldn’t have. Her heart still beat, still ached for Ithrim. She was still capable of love. Azura was wrong, and yet her words were daggers that Lakota could not avoid. This raw, emotional pain almost kept her from missing the approach of a massive ebony stallion. Almost. Mercenary instincts kicked in and she eyed him with a wild, broken gaze. Everything in her felt broken, tainted. Azura thinking she was so…so two-dimensional made her realize that nobody was seeing past her barriers. That nobody saw how kind she could really be. It was a rare, somewhat gruff kind of love, but that was because she’d never had anybody to take care of her before. It had always been Lakota looking out for others. The stallion is speaking and vivid violet irises turn to him almost desperately, though she hides it well. She thinks. Crown dips in respectful greeting, and Lakota curtly returned the motion. Her composure is shattered and she’s desperately picking up the pieces while he talks, but is unable to put them back together. His sincerity gives her pause, and her eyes slowly turn to him once more from where they had turned unbidden to the ground. Lakota is well and truly shocked by the emotion behind his voice, for it had been non-existent in Azura’s. ”T-Thank you…” is all she can manage, a surprised, almost guarded tone, for she has never really had that sort of thing said to her in regards to her past. He calls her admirable, and she feels herself become uncomfortably warm, flustered. Not in the ‘this cute thing just complimented me!’ kind of way, but in a way that made her feel very awkward and…almost shy for how he thought her to be strong for enduring it. Lakota never, ever received compliments. What was there to like about her, after all? These depressing thoughts are spilling out all at once, due to her sudden lack of guard. Her composure lay in shambles, and suddenly every thought, every shred of self-hatred and depression is flowing freely. It’s shocking to see how emotional she can really be, and it frightens her. Where is the numb vapid nature she is used to? It is her security blanket, and she finds herself looking at Thayne almost as if she is falling and he is her last chance at survival.

Catching herself, she glanced away. No, she needs to get a grip. Faltering stance straightened and she took a deep, shaky breath. Trying and only somewhat succeeding in getting her thoughts to retreat. He smiles at them, a dark twist of lips that is still kind. Lakota wishes she could smile so easily, but snorts internally at the idea. There is nothing left of her to save, why does she keep wishing for it to happen? ”I’m Lakota, it is a pleasure, Thayne,” she said softly, the frigid nature of her tone wavering into emotions such as unsure and shocked. Like why the fuck would she ever say it was a pleasure? That’s not like her. She’s slowly but surely rebuilding her wall, and knows it’s obvious to the two around her. It’s like with every mental brick a bit of emotion fades, a bit of her slouch straightens. But it’s taking far too long, and Lakota feels vulnerable. Hollow.

I guess you really are made of ice…

Unregistered
I listen is silence to the Equines angry outburst as fog starts to cover her hoofs,which I was fully aware of,although I don't take a step back to have a better chance of getting away from it if it was dangerous. I would never,never let them hurt her because I love her. Her strong words where just what I was looking for from her. I wanted to know she could help others and wasn't all stone. She staggers back. I would like to nuzzle her but I doubt that she would appreciate that so I don't,nor do I step forward into her own space. I wanted to make her realise that she was better then a heartless idiot and for her to ask herself why she was like this. I knew that it was partly down to the ice cold youth she had endured but it was also her decision to be like this. Had she not said she protected her sister? So why was she so could to others? My voice is soft and kind as I speak. "Exactly,Lakota. You have proved that you can love and you can care so why are you so cold to everyone else? I pause. "Why am I still here? Because I know you are better then the cold girl you show to be." I am here because I know everyone has good in them.

A stallion enters the scene. A strongly built bay body that has silver locks tumbling down his neck,which dips respectfully,as do
I and surprisingly so does Lakota. I turn to him whilst he talks to Lakota and decided it would be rude to say something when the speech was directed at her so after she has spoke on that part I say "It is true what he says,no one should have to go though that and I am only to sorry you did.." My voice is full of truth and sadness for the mare. My head turns to the stallion again as he to decides to bring up my coat. I sigh lightly,my head dipping as I to be quickly returning to the high held position it naturally fell in. "Nothing is a legend without a tale to tell as ours goes back for centuries. If you wish to know the story then I was happily tell you." I do not partially wish to tell the story but if they would like to here it then they will have it as they wish. He gives his name,as does Lakota and so,with a added bow to show another sign of respect to them I tell him mine. I am Azura and it is also a pleasure for me to meet you. It had had been strange that Lakota had found it a pleasure to meet him for it certainly hadn't been a pleasure for her to meet myself.

Maybe,even if was small,something had shifted in her.

Thayne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
You Say That Love Goes Anywhere; In Your Darkest Time, It’s Just Enough To Know It’s There.
These mares… They were different. Two women searching for two different things. Thayne’s ever-soft green gaze lingered between the two, not missing for a moment the tension that was steadily building up between them. What he had missed in their earlier conversation, he would never know, but he did know that perhaps he could calm whatever was about to come. Lakota, for that is what she called herself, turned stunning violet irises upon him, raw emotion blazing in those purple depths. Thayne stared for a moment, captivated simply by the emotion that swam in her eyes. Could he name them? Oh, yes, he could… Anguish, rage, self-loathing, desperation, and hope. All of those conflicting emotions seemed to battle within the blue roan mare for supremacy, but Lakota seemed to fight against each and every one of them, desperately searching for some kind of wall to bring up.

Could Azura see that her words were having such an effect upon the roan? Did she even care? Thayne, while normally a very gentle creature by nature, wasn’t afraid to stick up for someone if he felt they deserved it. Whether or not Lakota would appreciate his efforts, he didn’t know, but there wasn’t any way that the steel-colored Warlander could turn such desperate eyes away. The way that she had looked at him was slightly unsettling, almost as if she was losing herself to whatever demons plagued her, and he, a stranger, was the only hope she had to hold on to whatever sanity she was barely clinging to.

Tearing his eyes away from those pools of suave lavender, Thayne’s piercing green gaze landed upon the tobiano form of Azura. His ears flick forward as she speaks, and he doesn’t miss the sadness that is now in her tone. But was it genuine? Thayne did not know their pasts in an intimate fashion, especially since he had just met the both of them, but the large brute did pride himself on being a relatively good judge of character. True intentions is what Azura had, but it seemed that she lacked the ability to go through with them.

’Nothing is a legend without a tale to tell as ours go back for centuries. If you wish to know the story then I would happily tell you.’ Was that a condescending tone that he heard? Did Azura not understand that her words were having the opposite effect on Lakota? That they were upsetting and crippling to the blue roan, instead of reassuring and confirming? A coal-grey ear flicked back, the slightly crimped strands of his ivory tail giving a subtle irritated twitch. Oh, there was nothing wrong with one having pride from where they came from. After all, Thayne himself did, despite how he had been run out… It was simply how one displayed it.

“Good Azura,” Thayne began, keeping his piercing gaze locked onto her own orbs and his words polite, “Perhaps such a tale should be reserved for another time. Can you not see that our friend here is growing uncomfortable at your words and presence?” There was no malice or ill-intention in his tone, just simple truth. Lakota seemed so unstable, so unsure of herself, and despite not knowing the mare, Thayne found that he wanted to rectify whatever had done her wrong. If she would let him.

Thayne continued, undeterred. “Maybe it is simply because you are young, but life has a way of changing us, and how we act, and the walls that regrettably fall into place. It’s for protection you see, a reflex, and no matter the wall or outcome, there is never any reason for someone to change simply because someone else doesn’t agree with how they act. I understand that you may only be trying to help, but to me, it sounds as if you wish for Lakota to change… And why should she?” Here, he paused, allowing his words to sink in, the large contours of his head tilting slightly to the left. He was genuinely curious as to what Azura would say. Would she act like a spoiled Princess and try and reprimand him? Or would she understand and accept the words with a mature attitude?

“In my eyes, albeit inexperienced, I’m afraid, I see no reason as to why she should change. I see no problem with who she is… And if you claim to only see the good in others, then neither should you, for the good in Lakota is right here in front of you.” Where was this coming from, Thayne wondered, an ear swiveling back slightly in confusion. Why was he speaking in such a way, about a mare who he barely knew? It was her eyes, he realized only moments later… The pure desperation that had shown in her lavender irises, the agony and hope had caused the Warlander to become undone, and now, he was driven by the pure desire to help someone in need. Even if Azura couldn’t see it, Thayne could, and he’d do his best to help.

[Image: 33cc4089-da2b-46fd-97dc-1cf05d150e60_zps1e49b915.jpg]
thayne

LAKOTA</style>

Calm yourself, Lakota.

A hard shudder went through her body and her face went dead, as if a candle had been snuffed out. Obediently she followed the conscious inside her that sounded so much like Ithrim. Stubbornly she stamped out the emotions that confused and frustrated her, stopping the hysteria in its tracks. Slowly all the lines smoothed from her face as if she was feeling nothing at all, merely a mannequin. Now, once she was calm, she also felt a slow burn of anger. Who was Azura to say that her personality was unlikable? Of course it was unlikable that was the fucking point, but that didn’t mean Lakota had no deeper feelings. There would never be a time when she would succumb to the icy front she held up, because it was just that. A front. A shield that could be willfully lowered. Azura knew nothing, of the situation and of her, and it just made Lakota angry that the girl thought so little of her. Because it is my choice. My coldness, my anger, that is my choice, and it keeps me safe. You have no right to try and change that.” Ah, yes. There was the detached voice she knew. Calm and sophisticated, cool. This was something she could control, even as her legs shook subtly and her tail twitched uneasily. She had reconstructed her wall, but inside she had shattered and it would take quite a lot of time in solitude for her to collect herself once more.

Her apologies echo Thayne’s, and Lakota does not want to hear such words from her mouth. How dare she apologize when she doesn’t understand? When she doesn’t even try to empathize with you? It makes her feel ill and she took an awkward, fumbling step back away from Azura. Herself and Thyane locked eyes, and she was stunned by his soft green eyes. She hadn’t encountered such a color before, aside Phaedra, but these were so different. They were calming and assuring where Phaedra’s were seductive and very come-hither. It made her give off a soft, cracking breath as if she’d been kicked in the ribs, and she ripped her gaze away from him. Azura’s tone of her past disgusted Lakota, and she felt increasingly more ill. Everything was going a bit strange in her vision, from sharp to blurry, and she shook it away. It was merely her brain reacting to the influx of signals that it didn’t handle very well. ”Can you not see our friend here is growing uncomfortable at your words and presence?” Lakota tried to feel indignant, but it was only half at best from what she could normally summon up. Instead she shifted backward, and kept her gaze from the horizon to Thayne and back again. As if she were stuck in a fog, though her eyes betrayed every emotion she couldn’t hide behind her vapid face. Slowly, as he spoke, her gaze stopped moving and settled fully on him in unconcealed shock and even…was that gratitude? Why yes, it was. She made a soft noise again, wondering what in the world he was doing and why. Why would he stick up for her, take her side when it was Azura that normally attracted the protection of such stallions? Why would he defend her when most found her anger and prickly nature unwanted?

So many ‘why’ questions, and yet all she felt was humbled by the fact that he was one of the rare few that cared enough about others to help them regardless of whether he would get anything back in return. Lakota wished she had something to give him, anything. It was a brief thought, and it vanished quickly when his voice continued in the cool and polite manner that made her listeners flickered towards him and tune in. She still felt far too fragile to talk, and so left it up to him, captivated by how kind he was. ”I see no problem with who she is…” Lakota nearly whimpered, but hid it well despite the soft bit that wasn’t able to be cut off at the end. Nobody had ever said something like that before, nobody other than Ithrim and her siblings. Absolutely nobody liked Lakota and her bitch-mode that she always seemed to default to. So why, why why why was he saying such things? It made her chest feel warm and, inwardly shrieking in terror, she stamped down on that emotion, face contorting on the outside with grief and fear. What the hell was going on?! She was no Damsel in Distress and he was certainly not her knight in shining armor because-!

Lakota stopped dead, realizing exactly how that thought was about to end.

He was certainly not her knight in shining armor because Ithrim was.

Lakota trembled, and a stray tear escaped. Quickly she shifted and dipped her head to rub her cheek against the inside of her leg, wiping it away in hopes that neither of the two had seen it.

Ithrim is dead, Lakota. When will you accept that?

Feeling awkward without speaking, she cleared her throat and lifted her head again, eyes darting from the ground to Thayne’s soft forest emerald eyes. Viciously ignoring the thoughts about how they were almost as handsome as the orange ones she loved so much. Weakly, almost bitterly, she laughed. It was surprisingly soft, as if she had no more energy to be cold despite the stillness of her visage. ”You cannot mean that, Thayne…there is everything wrong with me, and nothing at all is good anymore. You have better luck with Azura, kind sir. I don’t think I’m fixable,” she whispered. It was a murmur meant only for his ears, not for the golden mare’s. Her eyes lifted slowly, as if it took quite a lot of power to do so. She looked him in the eyes and gave a tiny lift to her lips, but then her face spasmed as if she were inches from tears and she dropped her gaze again. ”But thank you…” It was a softer confession, one she was very certain she didn’t want Azura to hear. The words were not ones that slipped from her maw often, and rarely if ever did, but they were laced with sadness and defeat. Azura’s words had clearly hit home, and those three words displayed clearly that she had believed the other mare. She really was too cold, and at that point in time, swallowed up in her own self-hatred, she couldn’t see the good Thayne spoke of.

He's not Ithrim, stop thinking like that Lakota. He's too good for you, all you would do is taint him.