the Rift

!! No Curtain Call [OPEN/zar]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
The dark bay mare with red points sashayed through the forest. Her glass flints delicately tapping the sodden earth as she flicked her eyes around at the foliage obstructing her views. Vibrant yellow orbs rolled in disdain as her darkened ears flicked back against her head. Cheer up, little one. No need to be so stiff and emotionless, Innerste purred inside of her cranium. Emotions. The one thing she despised. The idea of feeling was so distant to her that she couldn't even allow herself to spend time attempting to process it. Flicking her cranium up she allowed her glass horn to sparkle in the sun, sending a ray of light toward the tree in front of her before it disappeared with a tilt of her head. A snort escaping her maw, I don't feel, Innerste, We've gone over this. Schwere looks down upon it. she thought to herself before starting forward again. Her legs moving in an easy rhythm. Click. Click. Click-clack. Click. Click. Click-clack. It continued as such until she swished her tail and came to an immediate halt at the sound of something moving in the trees. Be prepared to kill the idiot who dares to sneak up on you, the bass notes vibrating in her head as the sound of her father's voice bounced around her crown. Her nostrils flaring open as she breathed in the scent of whatever it was coming closer to her, eyes narrowing. Ears spinning around and taking in every single noise as her tail swung back and forth against her haunches, the glass heart occasionally knocking her bone but staying attached firmly to the braid in her locks. She tilted her head down a little, horn pointing toward where she believed the person was coming from. Just wait for it...
SEELE
Credits

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

See the life I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

d'Artagnan watched as the bundle of fur raced through the trees, darting in and out of rugged trunks with ravenous barks echoing through the woodland. A small whip like tail lashing from side to side with obsidian, curled ears pinned forwards and red elemental markings which glowed ominously in the shadows. His paws looked big compared to his slender, baby body and d'Artagnan saw a potential killer in the gilded eyes of his newborn pup. After a few unsuccessful attempts to catch something bigger than a rodent, it seemed to have bore a new determination in Aramis' face, who now found his hunts getting easier with each practise. The shade found it strangely comforting, to have Aramis' companionship, like a part of him was missing until now. Undergrowth cracked and out tumbled the babe, d'Artagnan grunted and let the child rise to it's own feet with an admirable determination. Darting to bounce alongside his bonded, a speck next to the leggy Time Mender.

The pair rounded another corner and d'Artagnan slammed his hooves into a halt. A mare of bay and crimson stood in their path, a horn formed of glass (like his own) was lowered in a strange act of hostility. d'Artagnan didn't move. Instead he kept his own ground, the mare was only small, any wrong move and it wouldn't be all that hard to slam his hooves down on that precious horn of hers. Smashing it just like one of his own. A low growl ripped from the lips of Aramis, the hound inching a little closer to the sooty legs of his friend with precious eyes narrowing. The Nightshade lowered his head and blew out air through his nostrils, a mocking smile on dark lips. "I would watch where you put that horn, otherwise, it might end up like mine... Shattered."

Cloven hooves shifted and d'Artagnan stalked into the open, arrogantly confident that he would be safe enough. Aramis followed, little chest puffed out as he marched beside his bonded, the odd growl here and there whilst pointed tail lashed from side to side. "Do you greet everyone like that?" Came his gruff voice that had slight hints of annoyance. It wasn't all the surprising that a stranger to a new land would be so jumpy, but that sentiment was lost on d'Artagnan.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Zar'roc Posts: 22
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Archeon :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire paddeh

The large tawny stallion stands perfectly still, crimsion orbs taking in the landscape of the threshold. He had not been here in awhile, he had not seen anyone in awhile. The scents of newcomers were thick here, more and more horses pouring in every single day. They usually appeared weak and scared, it disgusted him. Cowering and flinching at every sound, as if they were a newborn foal. They needed to be confidant.

The sound of rustling brought him out of thought, and his crimson eyes flicked over towards the sound, nares flaring as he took in not one, but two scents. One he recognized. He pushed his form forward, muscles rippling under his pelt as he weaved through the trees almost silently. He slowed before he approached, becoming completely silent before he appeared suddenly before the two other unicorns. A mare colored in a chocolatey black, bright red points flaring before his eyes, she was small, standing in a defensive pose. Not weak. The brought a small smile to his face, but he wiped his face of emotions as fast as it came. d'Artagan stood there also, 'Do you greet everyone like that?' his voice gruff. At first Zar'roc thought it was sent towards him, but no, it was a question for the petite mare. Zar turned crimson eyes over to the new mare, he had nothing to say so he said nothing. He would answer if he was to be addressed. Or he could still slip away back into the thick of the trees and greenery.

Z A R ' R O C
Artwork © Kesame

Abba
The sound of hooves slamming to a halt had her cranium tilted into an even more defensive position. Good. He wasn't an idiot. He still tried to hide his existence, came the voice of her father as she shook her head. A mocking smile was upon the lips of the larger stallion as he spoke. "I would watch where you put that horn, otherwise, it might end up like mine... shattered." he informed her as the cloven hooves of the stag shifted just enough to drag his body from the shadows and out into the open as she lifted her head up, pinning her ears tightly to her cranium. Eyes narrowing as he radiated an arrogant confidence which the little animal beside him mimicked. A growl escaping here and there as the pointed tail swished from side to side, "Do you greet everyone like that?" his gruff voice sounded.

A scoff escaped her maw, going to speak as she heard the sound of yet another stag edging closer to her. "I greet those who attempt to hide their presence and sneak up upon me with such disdain, yes," she mused, yellow eyes narrowing before pausing, "You. In the shadows. Show yourself." she nearly hissed, standing up a little taller. You are not strong enough to take on two, yet you call the other one out. If he dares to attack you I hope you enjoy getting a beating... came the voice of her father, disapproving her call to the other stag. But it was normal. She wanted to see who she was up against. That was all.

Be nice! Child. The meaner you are the more likely you are to be attacked! the worried voice of her mother sounded in her cranium only to hear the noise of Unheil break through the cry, Not like you could win anyways, weakling. Couldn't even save your friend. Her ear pinned even more as she stomped her glass hoof down into the sodden earth with a flick of her tail, You will shut up, Unheil! she boomed in her own head only to receive the cackling noise of his laughter before he fell silent, a disapproving air tumbling around her cranium. A tiny snort before she turned back toward the first stag, "I also suppose you come completely stocked with an unlimited supply of arrogance," she mused, sarcasm dripping from her maw.
SEELE
Credits

See the life I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

It was the familiar, bulky form of Zar'roc who broke the silence first, the shade watched as the stud that had formerly been his herd mate made his way through the trees to join them. d'Artagnan watched him curiously, he had not followed them to the Basin nor had he seen him after the invasion, would could of almost thought the worst for the silent stud. Yet here he was, well within himself with no trace of the wound the shade had healed all the seasons ago. The question of his whereabouts would have to wait until later as it seemed the red tinted mare replied and almost hissed at Zar'roc. d'Artagnan allowed his ears to flicker back, not taking too well to her tone.

Seconds past and the shade found his rage rising again, snorting at her sarcastic comment. Really he should be trying to recruit, but as was always with the shade, he found his anger running away with himself. Coldly he slapped his tail through the air and shuffled on cloven hooves "The only arrogant one I see is yourself, careful who you offend girl." d'Artagnan growled, ironically with a hint of arrogance. Emphasizing her youth compared to himself. Aramis barked in support, standing like he was a full grown hound, but actually still a pup. One day that bark would carry more meaning.

The shade continued grumbling under his breath, some of his language quite colourful and he tried to regain control of himself. Flaring nostrils gradually came back to normal as he anger abated, instead he turned to Zar'roc expectantly. Half wanting demand where he had been all this time but he kept his lips shut for once. Hoping the situation would regain control itself, for the shade's temper was not one to be trifled with.

[ooc; bluurggh. Sorry for that horrid post x.x]

filled with rage

Zar'roc Posts: 22
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Archeon :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire paddeh

'You. In the shadows. Show yourself.' The mare hissed, and he pinned his own ears, red eyes rolling over to look straight into her own yellow ones. He snorted, he was showing himself, he had no reason to hide. That would be weak. Crimson orbs flickered over to d'Artagan, and the curiosity in his eyes surprised Zar'roc- he had feared d'Art would punish him, or treat him like a nemesis. But confusion? Zar had not expected that. But he could see the eagerness to know what had happened to Zar. He was not ready to explain that. He flicked his tail nonchalantly, listening to the sarcasm and arrogance of them both- they were obviously equal in their distaste for each other. 'The only arrogant one I see is yourself, careful who you offend girl.' Audits flicked towards the Shade, he knew that was a real threat- a warning. One was not to mess with someone like d'Art, unless you wanted a fight. A bark filled the tawny stag's ears, and with surprise he noticed the hellhound pup that stood at the Shade's side.

Zar looked at the two glistening glass horns on the other two horses- he had his own. Well, a glass figurine that surrounded his real horn. A reminder of his magic. As the mare stamped her front hoof he noticed they were also made out of glass- dangerous. If they were to shatter how would she walk? Of course he had the ability to fix that, but who to say he was? He didn't even know this mare- but she sure was putting up a fight. She better lay off unless she wishes to get herself killed. The thought filled his mind- it was not so good to have such arrogance and hostility to someone you didn't know. It could turn out to be fatal.

OOC: Sorry for the short posts! Still getting used to him!

Z A R ' R O C
Artwork © Kesame

Abba
Muscles rippled under her coat as she flicked her ears in distaste. The darker stallion with blue hues upon his pelt spoke again, her neon orbs flashing around at the other stag as he stood there. Everything starting to fit together. She shouldn't be letting her father egg her on as such. But yet, it was almost impossible to really ignore him. His booming voice playing over in her head. They think you are stupid, Seele. STUPID. You should prove that you aren't. But then again. Your poor horn... he mocked, her nostrils flaring as she shook her head. He needed to learn to shut up, because in all honesty he was beginning to ruin her ability to accomplish a level frame of mind. Ignore him. Breathe. Everything will be okay... her mother's silk voice trailed through her head as she pricked her ears up. Orbs focusing on the bay frame of the stag with the two glass horns, one of which seemed to have been broken, this creating even sharper edges if he managed to get it up against one's flesh. A low growl escaped his maw as words permeated the atmosphere in an ominous fashion. "The only arrogant one I see is yourself, careful who you offend girl" arrogance also acting a a minor spice to the concoction which was his deep chords. The young pup that was beside him let out a bark, one which caused her to have to listen to the sound of her father's bass notes flutter in a bought of laughter. Instantly her audits pinned back, shouting at herself inside her head as she battled against the voice. Then, she forced her attention back at the two looming figures. The elder of the two grumbling colourful language under his breath as his nostrils flared up. Though, it didn't take long to abate and have him turn expectantly to the younger brute. "You don't know me. You haven't seen arrogance as of yet," her velvet voice slipping delicately from her maw even though she happened to be anything but. A smirk rising to her face, "Although, it does seem as if you two brutes know each other. No? I believe the elder one would much like an explanation about something, and I highly doubt it is of why the youth stumbled across me as well." That smirk staying on her face as she gently swished her hair out of her face and watched the two of them. She didn't feel like asking their names, especially since she doubted she would come across them again anytime soon.
SEELE
Credits

See the life I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

d'Artagnan watched, nostrils flaring as his anger simmered beneath. Zar'roc didn't seem like he wanted to contribute anything to the short tempered conversation. That in itself infuriated the stag, he wanted to know what his former comrade was speaking. He had questions, like why he didn't follow them into the mountains, and now why he wasn't apart of their herd? So much to ask but too little time and only minuet interest. In all honestly, the shade couldn't care less where Zar'roc had been and what he was doing now. If he came to the Basin he would be no doubt accepted back in amongst the ranks but d'Artagnan wasn't going to offer anything here. He was too enraged annoyed, he blamed that on the infuriating female before them.

She seemed to take a while in her answer, testing the patience of the Mender to its limits. A sarcastic comment rose and bubbled on his lips but she spoke in time before he could deliver his irritated comment. Teeth grit together and a growl escaped the lips of Aramis, who lowered in his stance and red tipped tail stiffening, pointing at the mare like he had found his prey. d'Artagnan watched as a smirk rose to her features and the urge to wipe it off her too smug face almost over came him. In her next words she drew the attention away from herself and instead to him and Zar'roc. She was more perceptive then he gave her credit for, but that did little to calm the riled up beast. Blood pumped around his body and the stark ringing began in his ears, the need to kill filling his mind and making him quiver. He clenched his magic and drew it closer, feeling the darkness wreak from it.

No. He couldn't kill this child. Not his own kin.

She was aligned with no other herd and she was a pure unicorn, his own species. He wouldn't be doing himself any favours if he did. The grip on his magic unclenched and he left it unused for another day, he was not given this power to kill his own kind. His anger had gotten too wild and d'Artagnan conflicted emotions clashed. There was only one thing he could do. A small, dark smile touched his features.

"I need nothing from either of you, smirk all day girl, you'll only get yourself killed with a face like that." With his mind spoken, he grumpily walked back through the trees, Aramis still growling as he followed, heckles up along his back. The conversation may have gone smoother if someone with a bit of diplomacy was in attendance. Unfortunately that was a strength the shade lacked and he was getting dangerously close to starting an all out fight.

In that scenario, retreat was the better option.

filled with rage