the Rift

Glad you came [Open]

Azura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
This land was so different from what I know.

I have never been in a forest so dark and dense as this is. Dark tree figures stretch up to the sky with every branch,newborn leafs hanging down lazily. Light barely pushes though but in the gaps that it does,the rays beat down heavily on my golden back. My wings are pressed against me for warmth when the light can't scrap though for it wasn't to warm. In fact,it was quiet cold. But it wasn't the trapped light that made it cold. There was something about this place. Wether it is because I am new here and not used to this type of land,I don't know and to be honest,I didn't want to know so I quickly replace the thoughts by filling my mind of father.

But that doesn't make me feel any better either.

My father was old and had loss the love of his life when I was just a foal. I barley knew her except from the story's father told me about her. He could tell story's in such a way you could see each word he said,every emotion was described so well,as was she. Apparently she was a golden beauty and that's where all my own fine golden features had come from. My father had spoke of her with such passion and love that I felt she was watching over us,smiling as he told the tales of the golden mare. Perhaps the loss of her is what made my dear father so protective over me? He was the kindest stallion I had ever met and a great leader. I can honestly say,I am proud to have him as a father.

Shadows start to creep in closer and closer to me and I suddenly feel lost here. I didn't know what could lurk round the next tree in this type of land,it was so much more dense then the small scattering of ancient trees back home that I was constantly twisting my golden body to avoid even clipping some sort of branch. No clear path seemed the cut though the trees of I would have instantly taken to it. A ray of sun shines down on a thin stream though a small gap in the leaves. Swiftly I head towards it till the light shines down on my neck and part of my neck and I lower my head to drink. When I withdraw from drinking I lift up my muzzle to look though the small gap of light to see the sun shining down brightly.

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: corsairtable.png]

CORSAIR

Exploring was another one of a Pirate's many jobs to do, it held a simple passion that made a pirate who he was. Though pirates mostly explored the seas, land could always be an exception, which was exactly why Corsair was in the Deep Forest. Exploration.

The burnished rabicano trotted lithely through the woods, taking careful notice of every twig and rock and tree. He had come this far in life without getting lost, and he wasn't about to start now, although the sea often called his name. It sang and whispered in his ears at all times, softly expressing a yearning for the handsome stallion. Then again, who wouldn't yearn for such an attractive scallywag?

Corsair paused for a moment, a new scent drifting to his senses. Definitely horse. Definitely female. He smirked, starting to move forward more slowly this time, but still head his dark head high. Corsair was entranced by mares, it had been a while since he had spoken to one. Now it was time for some fun.

The mare was a pegasus, roughly a year or two older than himself. She was a slender arabian with golden tobiano colorings. This lass was elegant, her head lifted to a rare exposed patch of light in the forest. He admired her simplistic beauty, slowly approaching her with soft blue eyes.

"Good 'ay, lass. What brings ye to the Deep Forest?" Corsair spoke with a thick accent, but was no less warm. He held his head high, hovering a good deal above the golden mare. The mahogany old salt continued to smile down at her, flipping his long, dark forelock out of his eyes. The motion rippled through his neck, slightly stirring his mane and corks. The move was flirtatious, but intended.

Corsair wasn't here to simply chat.

"talk talk talk"

Take what you can, give nothing back.

Unregistered
Good 'ay, lass. What brings ye to the Deep Forest? I look up to be greeted with warm blues. His voice is accompanied with a accent which I do not mind at all. He flicks his head to the side,his forelock shifts to the side so that his orbs could be seen more clearly,the orbs themselves were like the endless rolling waves of the ocean,so deep and blue and I had to admit,he was pretty good looking. As his neck settles for the flick the ripple of his mane reveilles corks threaded though a lock of his mane. It was a interesting accessory.

My voice is as it usefully was,powerfully kind. It is a voice that I had been taught to use when in the company of others to make my self heard and respected but yet kind and caring."Greetings sir. I am Azura and am simply here on a stroll." I do not tell him of my slight worry of being her in the dense thicket of the ever creeping darkness of the forest. The trees seem to be stretching for the moon that had now settled comfortably in the sky and it was a much better light then the suns although it was a lot more mysterious. I choose to forget the darkness of the forest though to focus on the bag stallion. "What is your name an what brings you here,if I may ask?"

Corsair Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Image: corsairtable.png]

CORSAIR

Corsair stopped walking to the mare, but was comfortably close to her, their sides apart by only a foot. The mare, Azura she had said her name was, had a rich voice overflowing with kindness. He liked it. Then again, Corsair liked most mares.

"Name's Corsair," He spoke, a smile dancing on his dark lips, "I was just explorin' tha Deep Forests o' Heloiva." A wistful look came upon his deep blue orbs as the moonlight ever-so-slightly illuminated Corsair's coat. He was, in a word, majestic, corks swaying in the wind and eyes looking as if you could dive right into them.

"I'm a Pirate, an' we like to adventure. 'Specially places so beau'iful as Helovia," Corsair said with a smirk, his orbs now transfixed on Azura, "but not quite as beau'iful as ye, love." There was no mistaking it. Corsair had directly addressed Azura. He found that he couldn't take his eyes off of the dusty golden tobiano pegasus. Her simple elegance was enchanting, something he had always been attracted to.

Corsair stood patiently, gazing at the mare. He genuinely hoped she wouldn't take the comment the wrong way, she was truly beautiful in the moonlight. Oh, heck, she'd be beautiful even in the sunlight.

"talk talk talk"

Take what you can, give nothing back.

Unregistered
Name's Corsair. My smile flicks up slightly whilst his seems to glow. It was a nice feeling to have someone actually smile for that mare Lakota never smiled,not at me anyway. It was rather annoying how I was treated differently to the other stallion that happened to be there. I was only trying to help her but that was it wasn't it? When ever I tried to help someone it always went wrong. The only reason anyone ever seemed to like me was because of how I looked,not who I am. Who I am was,yes of royal blood,but hard working who always seemed to get something wrong. Had I not upset Lakota? She had almost seemed frozen in time after what I had said. I didn't mean to upset her,it was the last thing I had meant to do. I was only annoyed at how she had been to me.

And I only wanted to make a good impression.

Although my thoughts are deep I still keep a smile on my maw although it is slight. A slight breeze picks up,snaking though the trees which rustled there leaves,a whispering sound coming from them. I was just explorin' tha Deep Forests o' Heloiva. My smile widens without me even realizing. I have never heard one with such a accent and,in my eyes anyway,it was quiet cute and along with his rather simple but handsome looks he was quiet the stallion. I'm a Pirate, an' we like to adventure. 'Specially places so beau'iful as Helovia. Pirate? My mind drifts to show a moment of a stormy sea with a bunch on rowdy stallions on the shore line. Yes,I suppose I could see this stallion as one of those. but not quite as beau'iful as ye, love. Yes a pirate,though and though. I've always wondered what it would be like to be a bit more... rebellious. My father never let me step out of line,nor any of the others in the herd and I soon learnt to live i the good ways of him and my ancestors before me. I doubt I could ever be the rebellious type now anyway.

Pulling myself away from my 'rebellious dreams' if you will call it that I think back to his comment. It was a complement,yes,but maybe,a bit far fetched for a first meeting? I choose not to say anything though but merely return the complement,hoping he wasn't as much of idiot as the stallions back home are. "Thank you. You are quiet the hansome stallion yourself." Come on Azura,act cool. "So what's life like as pirate?"