the Rift

My Brother In Arms [Levi]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel was happy with the way the Throat had mobilized after the threat delivered by Tio. The soldiers had increased the frequency of their border patrols, and many of them had began practice spars as well. She had already conducted one with a bay she was beginning to think had some sort of mental problem, and now she and Levi were going to test eachother. She was eager to see how her friend fought, and maybe looking forward to showing off some of her own skills. Just a little.

"Get a load of this." she said to the grulla beside her, emerging from the gloom of the shallow canyon they had been walking in. The canyon, previously narrow, now opened up into a wide, roughly circular space that would provide more than enough room for the two of them to spar. The walls of the ravine were maybe three or four times her height, nothing both of them couldn't fly over. All in all, an ideal sparring ring. She trotted out into the center, waiting for Levi to follow her. "I found while flying one day. Cool, right?" She waited until Levi was in the center as well, then went down to business. "I don't feel like paying Onni a visit because one of us broke something, so let's try not to kill eachother, alright?" she said with a laugh. She loosened her muscles and lowered her head, waiting for Levi to make the first move once he was ready. The spar hadn't even started yet, and she already had a faint sheen of sweat on her coat. The sun had just begun it's downward plunge, but it was still hot in the canyon. It was a discomfort, but maybe she could learn to endure heat by fighting through it. They weren't exactly teaching other, it was more like brushing up on their own skills.

(Argh, sorry for the shortness. My actual spar posts should be longer. Spars go 1 opening attack, then 2 attack/defense for both of us, then 1 closing defense, right?)

"Speaking her mind." Rare moments of thought. Taking action.

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
Levi

The Throat was Levi’s favorite place to spar. He could use the sand to his advantage since he had grown up in the dunes. Running and fighting weren’t a problem because he actually fought better when he was on the sands. The grullo absolutely loved that he was able to practice every single day, but the best part was he got to train with new horses who taught him something new every time. The pure joy of his new rank truly made him such a better horse and he loved being able to finally help his herd out back. After all of his years of not being able to help, ignoring the fact that his herd needed help, the brute now stepped up to the plate and showed how his herd really mattered to him.

Following the blue roan, Levi wondered where the heck she was taking them. After all, he had never seen this part of the Throat before and he had lived there way before her. He did not doubt her though since she was very clever. Taking a deep sigh the brute suddenly caught up to her as she stopped looking off into the distance. Her ice blue gaze caught his silver as she told him to look. Turning his head, Levi had no clue what his sister was up to, but he trusted her. Silver orbs grew wide as the surroundings started to come together. The shallow canyon that they had been walking now opened into a circular shape, like a ring, that had giant walls. Levi looked at Aryel with a smirk on his face “I don’t even know what to say, this is amazing Aryel! Coolest place ever and the perfect sparring place.” His tone was cool as though he was more relaxed and thinking about his moves for the spar than the actual place. It was truly the most amazing thing and Levi was so glad that she took them there.

“Don’t worry Aryel, I’ll just tell Onni everything was you’re fault.” Looking at her with a jokingly wink and a witty laugh the brute walked directly across from her and then turned around to face her. I wonder how she is going to be the brute wondered with bewilderment. Looking towards Aryel, he wondered if maybe she could whip his ass, for he surley wouldn’t be surprised, but Aryel had not been sparring for as long as he so maybe he would have an advantage? Nah, she seemed way too good to Levi and he was sure that they both would have a great spar. The wait of the spar settled into himself as he collected his thoughts. It was not shortly after that the brute began, but not in the way that Aryel would expect. He was about ten feet away from her when he originally started, but as he galloped in the opposite direction, he was close to the tall walls behind him. Gaining speed the brute pressed his hooves closer and closer into the walls before he finally was on them. There would be no way that he would be able to stay on the walls without balance. Opening his wings, the little ripples of air kept him balanced as he used the walls to his advantage to race towards Aryel. Yes this was either predictable or not, but the fact of the matter was that it was different and Levi was all about learning new things even if it was from himself.

Not shortly after, the brute arrived to the blue roan, Aryel. Keeping himself going faster, he launched himself on a diagonal going left towards her. This was so he did not go behind her since it would be easier and less likely to strike on an angle. Opening his maw wide open, he braced himself for the impact of him banging into Aryel’s left shoulder. Keeping his maw open he hoped to be able to gran her wing, bringing it backwards so it would be sore to fly. Levi knew that weight was also everything in a competition. If they did not have strength to hold their opponent up, then they needed to have strength training done. Levi usually rammed into his opponent sometime during the spar so he would be able to test their ability for strength.

[OOC: Yes that is correct :3 And its no problem mine can be short as well sometimes.

Can we say that max words are 800 so things don't get to complicated? And I'm guessing no magic because I don't think that Aryel has any? It is good to keep a summary even if it is not big that way it is easier for both of us and the official to read. Always also keep track of attacks and defenses ,even though I know that you already do, just a quick reminder. And always remember to say which direction your player is going and where the other player is when attacking,proportions from the player, and where you're character is when the post is done. Thank you for making the spar thread and sparring with me, I can tell that this is going to be a great spar<3

Summary: Levi starts the spar when facing about ten feet away from Aryel. When he is ready, he jumps into a full gallop racing towards the opposite direction(the right or counter clock wise) away from Aryel. His hooves get closer and closer to the high walls of the canyon before he lets them go on. Opening his wings, he balanced himself by that as he raced towards Aryel. Jumping off a little bit before in back of her, the brute leaped towards her with his maw wide open. Attempting to ram into her left shoulder, he also attempted to grab her left wing with his teeth.

Attack(s): Attempts to ram into her body jumping from the canyon wall going full speed towards her left shoulder. His maw is wide open so that he can also try to grab her wing to wrench it back, trying to make it sore for flying.

Injuries: None

Defense: None (since he is in an attack)

"Talk talk talk."

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel rolled her eyes and grinned as Levi teased her. "Oh, har-dee-har," she said. "Like she'll believe the short horse was able to inflict all the damage." But she stood firm as he prepared to fight.

He began by running the opposite direction.

Aryel's expression became somewhat confused as he did so. He couldn't possibly be--no, he wasn't fleeing. She watched as he ran towards the cliff wall, then on it, using his wings to keep himself up. Clever, she thought, watching him draw near. He was only able to stay up for a few seconds, but she could see it had given him a speed boost. The unorthodox action had also distracted her long enough for him to get close enough to prevent her from dodging, and she was forced to come up with another tactic in the tense few seconds she had left. Taking a breath, she widened her stance and braced herself, bearing her left should to take the brunt of the attack. Levi slammed into her less than a second after, pushing her several inches and eliciting a grunt of pain from the mare, but she remained upright. Teeth scraped at her left wing, which she instinctively pulled away from his jaw, loosing a few feathers in the process.

Now it was her turn.

Her own jaws snaked forward to bite, aiming for the side of his neck or his mane. At this angle, it would be difficult to get a good hold, but if she could give him a sharp enough bite to jump away, she would have enough space to strike out with her hooves. At the same time, she reared up as best she could with Levi's weight pressing on her, managing to get her tucked front hooves a foot or two off the ground. She hopped so that her rear swung right a bit, giving her a somewhat-better angle to bite from. She momentarily recalled the move Gaucho had used in a previous spar, a sort a crow-hopping backwards buck, which could be used to simultaneously fling debris into an enemy's face, while kicking at them at the same time. But she doubted she would use it now. She didn't want to severely hurt her friend, and that might be the result if he was bucked in the face. Try explaining that to Onni, she thought ruefully.

Summary: Aryel takes the hit to her shoulder and tries to pull her wing out of the way, while biting at Levi's neck and trying to hop-turn to get a better grip.

Attack: Biting at the side of his neck or his mane.

Defense: None

Injuries: Bruised shoulder, handful of non-essential feathers lost from wing.

"Speaking her mind." Rare moments of thought. Taking action.

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Default win to Aryel.