the Rift

Where Dreams Go...[Open]

Jacinda Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The petite mare's foots steps made impressions in the soft ground as she edged down the slope. He blue eyes flickered nervously from side to side. Forest stood on one side of her, and the base of mountains on the other, funneling her into this new land. It brought her some comfort knowing she could escape into the forest if need demanded.

Jacinda had heard whispered tales of this place, and now that she was here the cremello was not so sure. Birds sang in the forest behind her, and the sun pounded on her back. the young mare forced herself to relax- nothing was going to happen. Still, she couldn't help but scan the area for danger.

The mare continued to shuffle along, somewhat unwillingly. Yet a hope still lived in her heart. Maybe here she could find a place where she truly belonged. A place she could call home. After three years of wandering, and the loss of her colt Jacinda was ready to stop her travels. She had seen so much of the world, and was ready to live in it. In a sudden burst of energy the mare reared up letting out a neigh. Landing on the ground Jacinda shrunk back, hoping her sudden cry had not brought unwanted attention to her. The last thing she wanted was to be attacked.

It was very irritating to the mare being so small. She knew she couldn't hold her own in a fight, and hated herself for it. I would be nice if she had been born taller, then she could be brave and fierce.

Oh what was she thinking about? It was silly to have so many thoughts floating around in her head. Jacinda knew she was brave, and fierce. Those kind of things had nothing to do with size. With a sigh the mare shook her head clearing away the silly thoughts.

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia

ORINTHIA</style>
  Adventure is my Middle Name</style>

Walk walk walk
"Talk talk talk"

I saw a nervous mare walking around the woods. I was afraid to approach her, due to my giant size, I usually intimidated new comers. She had sky blue eyes, and the traditional cremello coat, whearas I blended straight into the night. I wanted to go and talk to her, and ask her what she was doing here. Maybe I could help her? I really didn't know. I twitched my ear as I walked some distance away, but where I could still see her. I didn't know how to approach the contemplating mare.

I finally built up the courage to go and meet her. The wind softly blew, bringing me great relief from the sun's burning glare. I enjoyed Tallsun, the best month, where the flowers were in full bloom, and where all the young animals were growing. I loved how the hot sun brought plentiful food, and growing plants, but at the same time it was so hot, but nice. I finally calmly walked up to the mare, trying to be as loud as I could be to give her a notice I was there. I put on a friendly stance, so she wouldn't think I was going to attack her. I brightened up my green orbs, perked up my ears, and plastered a friendly smile on my face.

"Hello there!" I cheerfully piped to her. I tried not to be too loud, or too soft, but just in the middle. If she were to attack me I would want her to know, I could defend myself. I looked at her, and then it hit me how small she was. I practically towered over the petite figure, and I could crane my neck down to look straight into her eyes. "I'm Orinthia! And you are?" I asked her in a nice way, to see if she would respond back.

blah blah blah blah