the Rift

down this road [herd meeting]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The shadow-mare, surprisingly, did not at that moment have revenge on the Throat in mind. Of course, it was always the slightest breath of a thought, forever present in the teeming mass of ideas that seemed to have taken hold within her of late. But she had learned a kind of patience: if she rushed about preaching her ideals, her desires, she would lose her herd. And without numbers, her reign meant nothing. Better, then, to hold them close, keep them safe, coax them sweetly into her coils... and when all bowed to her, when all respected her (she never expected them to love her, no, that was something that they would not do), then they could strike in force. For now, the covert efforts of the Plague would have to be fulfilling enough. Meanwhile, attempts to strengthen their borders would have to do.

Amber orbs found Mauja briefly, and though she was pleased that the herd did not seem to favor him over her, she felt odd standing before him, giving him orders along with the rest, ruling him. It was heady, intoxicating almost, but at the same time it felt dangerously, pleasantly wrong. He did not speak. Instead, the young Aviya, who had made her way much closer to the once-king (why, the Empress had to wonder - was it his power that enticed her?), spoke her ambitions to become a warrior, seconded almost at once by Sno. A slight irritation brushed over her - why did her daughter always have to try to outdo everyone else? - but it was short-lived. After all, the Lady had raised her daughter, so if anyone were to blame for the flicka's temperament, it would be her.

d'Artagnan wore an emotionless facade, and she could only assume that meant that he did not disapprove. "I am most certain that you will both be welcomed amongst their ranks," she told them both solemnly, her gaze searching out Deimos now. It would be he that they must follow. No one else had spoken, and following the lull in conversation, she spoke once more. "It would seem that our meeting is adjourned, unless anyone else has news?" A statement or a question, it was not quite clear. Either way, they would either bring up a new topic or begin to disperse.

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credit

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
[Image: 50c3cfe45dfd7]

Chernobyl

Steely eyes searched the faces, as none of them had quite caught her attention just right. The doll was delicate, cool, and serene in her approach. Like a shadow, she slipped in among the crowd to muse silently within their borders. She recognized Psyche in their midst but did nothing to catch her attention. She was not one for conversation if it was not required. However, when she saw Myrddin within the depths of the mass, she approached slowly and nodded. “My Haruspex, I do hope you’ve been well. It’s been a while since I’ve last seen you.” It was true; she hadn’t done much in the way of socializing after achieving her title as disciple. But she had her isolated nature to blame for that. She only hoped that she would be able to make it up to him at some time. She felt as if she owed it to him to do her best to serve his authority as she rightly should. As she realized the shinning amulet tangled within his silvery mane she whispered a line of congratulations and then left him to revel in his glory. After all, she had come with the intent of learning a bit more about the Basin and their real purpose in gathering.

Like a scavenger her eyes roved the group, picking out random creatures that caught her eye. A lone wolf stood in their midst and the sight of him made her cringe. She hadn’t realized that she would one day have to call one of them her “family” and the idea came as a shock to her. He spoke of news from the Throat and it did littler in the way of entertaining me. At least those fools would have some sort of distraction to keep their prying eyes away from us, those ignorant cowards.

A bay stallion was soon to follow and his ghostly horn was enough to turn her head. She watched as the magic light of the Basin lit his face beneath the apparition of danger that floated upon his brow. Part of her wanted to question how such anomalies were possible, but of course she would do no such thing, not in this life anyway. He seemed cool and sophisticated but one could never judge another’s character by their cover alone. A small filly and then a mangled looking brute, a brindled stud and a queer looking colt- it didn’t end. They came in droves, one by one appearing from the dark depths of the forest. She was quickly becoming tense and nervous, overwhelmed by the size of her own herd. Perhaps she would have been better of rejecting herself in the Threshold… but where would that have led her anyway?

Their faces began to blur as they came, and she lost count after five, maybe six? Her shoulders were pulled tight, forming an uncomfortable peak at the base of her neck. If she was to understand her purpose, she knew she would have to stay, but knowledge came at a price for everyone and she was certainly trying to pay the bailiff now as she hung close to Myrddin, the only animal she had really come to know from the Basin aside from Psyche herself.

However, she started when she recognized Lena from the crowd, a silent force full of wisdom and power that she had never really witnessed the mare put to use. She did not come close which perhaps wasn’t such a shock, knowing how the mare was so conservative. She nodded to her, uncertain about whether or not she would even know or recognize her. She wasn’t searching for friendship now, just looking for a step toward a more solid sense of belonging as she stood so fresh before her elders. But just as soon as it had started, she realized, it was ending. Perhaps it was just as well. She had showed her elegant face, learned a few things about the threats consisting around her herd and now- now she was free to return to the shadows that existed around the land until she was but a mere relic of imagination once more.

But oh, I'm staring at the mess I made
As you turn, you take your heart and walk away

ooc| I wanted her to attend before this closed!

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

Being the new comer was never easy, in fact Arah kept herself to the back of the meeting where she saw her leader for the fist time. She had been told that her name was Psyche and upon seeing her Arah immediately respected her. She glanced at her new herd members faces. No one else seemed to meet her gaze, not even the ones who had recruited her. Hovering in the back and leaning her left shoulder ever so slightly against a tree she watched the shadowy mare make a few quick statements and watched the interactions of the herd. Being the newbie she knew, that she should keep her head low and not make any rash judgements was exactly why she was hovering at the back almost out of sight. Arah hated awkward conversations and she always struggled to connect with people.

She wondered who would be a friendly face for her in the herd, she recognised all her new 'leaders' as such. Watching the amulets being handed out she learnt a few more names. No one in this herd wanted to be messed with, they all appeared to have grim expressions or a blank face. Arah moved a little closer and watched as Psyche made another speech. d'Artagnan and Crowley are correct." d'Artagnan, the very stallion who had come to her, her golden orbs looked onto him again. After a few moments her eyes returned back to the empress, "If this Tio makes idle threats, then he is foolish. And if his threats are true, then he is foolish to trumpet them so loudly. Either way, he would seem to be a fool.
Arah bowed her head slightly as if it may be noticed to show her willingness to comply. She watched the herd some more and waited until it was her turn to speak. Arah was friendly, nice and always polite. In fact there was nothing 'mean' about her. But she was very good at keeping the people she loved safe, in this case the people she needed to keep safe where the very people who would keep her safe. No love needed. Arah had a way of getting into other's head with her honesty, she was open and they told her things they didn't want to tell others. She wanted to become a sneak for Psyche.

It would seem that our meeting is adjourned, unless anyone else has news? Arah knew this was her chance. She shook off her nerves and picked her way through the crowd. She paused a few meters back from the front of the group and tried to catch Psyche's eye. 'I would like to volunteer as a Phantom m'am.'

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; Just snuck this in to introduce myself. :3
Words; 449
Tag; Everyone

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
d'Artagnan took Mauja's return in a stride, neither questioning his authenticity nor berating him for leaving without saying goodbye. A half-smile appeared on the Frostheart's face, the familiar bump of a muzzle soothing some of his worries, and fears. If the Doctor accepted him, then all was well. Of course, their family was bigger than this, but as his long-lasting friend, d'Artagnan's acceptance of his sudden return meant a lot. It felt good to stand by him, seeing the familiar red in the corner of his eye, smelling his familiar scent. "I'll tell you later," he murmured with a smile, ignoring the sudden bump in his heartbeat, the hitch in his chest. He'd brought nothing but paranoia and trauma back with him.

Aviya, d'Artagnan's daughter who had been but a sickly foal last he'd seen her, came to stand on Mauja's other side, peering up at him with something he considered to be a rather creepy amount of interest. Still, he gave her a crooked grin as way of greeting before the grayed-out chestnut roan body of his first child, Snö, came into view. Has Psyche managed to lure her back? Too many impulses came into his mind, to run forward, to ignore her, to smile at her, to say something... In the end, his body was silent but his eyes spoke, warming to sky blue as his voice pronounced her name, "Snö". Deimos, Descaro, Lena, they all were held by his eyes for a short while, nods given. The rest, he didn't really know. Ranks were requested, more orders handed out, but the old King felt no need to trumpet his own return. Those who knew him, would know he was back, for here he stood for all to see. And those who didn't know him, did not need to know who he had been. Flicking his white tail, he glanced down, seeing the hellhound pup play around his feet. Why hadn't he noticed before? A slight frown creased his face, remembering how he'd ignored the injury he'd gotten when Faelene had scared the crap out of him. Carefully he shifted, and raised the front hoof Aramis was playing with, wondering if he'd snap after the rustle of hair or take one of his other hooves as his new victim.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here