the Rift

For the Love [Xanthos, Nayati, Open!]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Making their way from the Edge to the Foothills, Romani could hardly contain her excitement. She remembered, long ago, telling Xanthos that one day she would show her the land that she called home, and now it was finally happening. The day of that promise seemed like such a long time ago, when really… It had only been seasons. Hadn’t it? It was strange to think that she had only arrived in Helovia during the last Frostfall, for so much had happened between now and then. The life of a wanderer seemed so foreign to the palomino, but had once been the life that she had lived. Now… Her home was here, in Helovia, with Xanthos.

A nagging thought had stricken the mare along their journey, however. Thoughts of a peppered filly, fearful and frightened without one to guide her, caused Romani’s previously joyful mood to be dampened slightly. The last meeting that she had shared with Nayati had been terrible, due to her memory loss… Now, she only hoped that she could rectify what she had done, and the words she had said. As the three, for little Kasai trailed happily alongside both Xanthos and herself, entered the borders of her herdland, Romani couldn’t help but lift her head in pride, nostrils widening as she breathed in the sweet smell of her home. Keen, azure eyes kept on the lookout for a familiar cinnamon hide, however, but one couldn’t be spotted.

“This is the Foothills, Xan. My home.” Her words were laced with pride, and for good reason; for her, the Foothills had become her life-blood. She had risen to the rank of warrior to protect these very lands with her life. “Isn’t it beautiful?”

There was a slight breeze about, sweet and refreshing from the somewhat hot temperatures of the lower lands. The long, green grass swayed in the wind, birds flitting to and fro and singing songs of joy and tranquility. It was a picturesque scene, and one that Romani found she could never grow tired of. The familiar rumble of the large, elaborate waterfall could be heard from where it was, meters away. It was these sounds and sights that she would forever associate with her home.

“There’s actually someone here that I want you to meet, Xan. Her name is Nayati, and she’s… She’s very dear to me.” Sadness and love both filled her tone as the Haflinger spoke, her previously keen eyes taking on a slight look of melancholy. Oh, would Nayati be able to forgive her, like Xanthos had? “Nayati is a young thing, who was abandoned by her mother just outside of Helovia, and was driven away by her sad excuse of a mother’s brutality. She was found and brought here, to the Foothills, and now… I’m afraid that she doesn’t have anyone to take care of her; to raise her.” Turning her head, the cool breeze playing with the long strands of her ivory mane, Romani turned her imploring gaze to Xanthos. “I should like for you to meet her, and… Perhaps, we can offer her a home? With us?”

It was a big question, for they had honestly just gotten together… But Xanthos was a kind and understanding soul. It was one of the qualities that she loved about him, and she had the inkling that if there was a child in trouble, he wouldn’t readily turn it away.

[ooc: Not my best post, but… :3 I would like for Xanthos and Nayati to respond first, then others could join.]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

The distance between Foothills and Edge was not a long one. With Romani at his side, the grullo seemed to prance with joy with each stride, joyous to finally have her restored to the loving, kindred soul that he'd met in the Meadow only two seasons ago. Two seasons... it hadn't been long at all since the two had met, but in Xanthos' mind, it had felt like an eternity since the last time they'd been together. It was odd to think that this simple journey would be the first that palomino and grullo took together, as every other time had been cut short, either by an intruding bitch named Elizabeth, or Xanthos' fear of being spotted by somebody else.

High in the sky rested the sun, promising hours of remaining daylight and warmth. The grullo's coat had long since thinned out, forming into a sleek, lighter shade, almost silvery in appearance. With each gust of wind he was compelled to leap into a gallop, but it was the rememberance of the young tigress at his mate's side that kept him refraining from such a thing. With a turn of his head, golden eyes met the small cub named Kasai, and he flashed her a gentle smile, knowing that she still wasn't entirely sure of him.

In no time, they were entering the borders of the Foothills, Romani's beloved home. He could remember clearly her promise of showing it to him some day, and he was happy that she was finally able to fulfill it. When she spoke, he drew to a stop, lifting his head and allowing his eyes to scan over the rolling green hills. In the distance, encompassing the land, there were towering mountains, a frame to the beautiful picture in which it held. "It's amazing," he responded, to which he turned his head to meet golden with azure eyes. But before he could say anything more, Romani spoke, and her tone had a sudden, dramatic change.

A look of worry sprung across the grullo's face, and as the palomino went on to explain just what it was, he tipped an ear to the side in thought. He wondered just how young this Nayati was, and just how close the pair's relationship was. It wasn't that he doubted Romani, not at all, but he couldn't help but think these things over. After all, he and Romani lived in two completely different lands, and with different purposes. She, a faithful and loyal warrior to the Foothills, a revered member no doubt; and he, a Wraith of the Edge, bent on gaining the trust of its members and fulfilling a promise to Mirage, proving that she had been right in her decision to invite him into her home.

Sucking in a deep breath, Xanthos let it out slowly, barrel expanding ever so slightly. "I would like to meet her," he spoke up, flashing a smile to the golden mare, "And, I would readily open my heart to her, if she can bare to do the same with me."

[ooc - Ermagerd, far from my best post >__<]

"talk talk talk

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

Nayati
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

Everything around her felt as if it was frozen in time.

Deep rose hued eyes surveyed the world in a new fashion. She had been taken in by the strangest of sorts, one of which was her age. Insanity was far from an ideal guardian, but she did not paint the world in pretty colors, and told it how it was. She had found Nayati at her most broken, and gruffly patched her back together with the promise to keep her on the right path to happiness. Then, in a panic she had not experienced in a few months, she had been discovered by Resplendence. The mare was fast becoming very dear to her, so similar they were in personality. Bale, too, had helped patch her together once more. His kindness, his sweetness, never faded. Romani forever lingered on her mind, but the good memories were harder to access without tainting it with the heart broken feeling she got whenever her name appeared in her mind. The mare had not remembered her at all when they had met. Had awkwardly explained that Nayati essentially meant nothing to her since she had been so easily forgotten. That was how Nayati saw it, anyways. Logic could not explain how or why Romani did not remember her, but she was lost. Wandering. Resplendence and Insanity were her only friends, one of which was hardly ever around. She was bitter and broken, but still she smiled. Tried so hard to see the beauty and love in everything, and essentially began raising herself. Svetlana was dead. Abdullah was gone, without a word. Romani had completely forgotten every bit of her.

She had lost everyone that had loved her, and gained very little in return.

However somehow, she was not ignored. At first she had not understood what was happening, had in fact been frightened. Magic was something very new to her, and she had needed to figure out what was occurring on her own. Wherever she walked, flowers blossomed in her wake. Blooming up far faster than normal flowers, chasing after her hooves almost playfully. They remained for hours before fading back into the earth as if they had never existed. They comforted her, in a way. Wherever she walked, beauty followed. Blossoms of multiple colors creating a pixy trail straight to her, saying that no matter where she went somebody could find her. She would never be lost again. It was a large comfort to know that, that she could always turn around and know where she had come from. It had an emotional effect on her as well, calming her and giving her a warmth that never left her chest. In her ever-growing mane and tail the little flowers grew as well, coloring the white strands with bursts of purples, reds, blues, yellows…and they remained perfectly tangled in her locks. Replaced overnight by new ones, a new array of colors for her to enjoy. It made her look older, and she was certainly growing. Slowly, of course, as she doubted she would be very tall, but surely. Her hair seemed intent on outgrowing her, however, and it was fast becoming much like Resplendence’s. Not that Nayati minded of course, she was delighted.

However despite all this she carried around a deep aching sadness wherever she went. She missed Romani, wanted her back, but didn’t know if she actually did. Part of her still loved her, but the other part hated her and was wailing in distress over the pain she had caused the little filly. So when she was out on her little path that day she nearly tripped over her hooves seeing the Haflinger walking casually with a stallion. At her side was the tiger cub that Nayati had been so confused to see. Nayati knew she had been spotted, she’d bumbled right out into their path. Momentarily she stared at them, with a wide doe eyed look that betrayed her shock. Then it darkened and her face fell, remembering that Romani did not recall even her name. The stallion did not smell right, and Nayati turned to him with a sad, defeated expression. ”Welcome to the Foothills,” she murmured, careful to be clear so that she was at least heard. Her voice was always soft, as if she did not have the ability to shout. Her speech had matured drastically since Romani’s amnesia, but it didn’t matter to her. Nothing really mattered to her anymore. Turning she started to walk away, flowers blooming more in the spot where she had lingered. She didn’t want to be around them, and her eyes were starting to sting.

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

The day was early and the morning much brighter than Aaron cared to see. However something in his dreams had awoken the young paint, and had him checking on the safety of the red and ivory egg that was in his care. Sure enough the egg was safe, tucked at his side. Carefully the mason stood, deciding since he was awake he might as well go on a early morning run. As he moved forward, he thought about what tasks he should give his apprentice... How strange it felt to be the head of a rank. So much he needed to do, to speak with the Chief about. The first of which was making a wall to protect the Foothills.

It was as he ran the smell hit him. Someone from World's Edge was here. Could it be Mirage? His mother or sister? Quickly he changed his direction to find out who it was. It seemed he was not the only one who had gone to see what was going on. His pace slowed and he came to stop next to the young filly. Minus being an equine, she reminded him of his baby sister. Instantly, he had the urge to protect her just like she was family. She had spoken just as he arrived, and brown eyes studied the pair before speaking. "Is everything alright in the Edge? I clearly smell the scent on one of you." He did not feel the need to reveal that he was formally a member of the Edge and a member of the Qian. Not until he knew who he was speaking to and why they were there.

"something to say"

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The ocean hued orbs grazed the lands. They belonged to a mare of alabaster coloring, carrying with her a three-foot spear of ivory protruding from her delicate brow. The daylight flooded the meadow of the Foothills and warmed her snowy frame. It had been quite awhile since her encountered with the golden painted mare, who called herself Romani. She had been the first to welcome her to Windtossed Foothills, but they hadn’t crossed paths since. Casual thoughts would occasionally come up, wondering if the mare was still about. But she couldn’t be too judgmental, as she hadn’t been around quite that much herself.

NADIRA still had a wanderer’s heart and enjoyed exploring the new world she had found herself thrown into. She had met some interesting characters and some had left a pretty intriguing impression with her. Her stride was upbeat but lithe, as she moved across the grassy floor. For the most part, she would have missed Romani’s entrance, if Aaron had not caught her attention. She had briefly encountered him and Insanity, along with Argetlam and Delinne on the side of the mountain.

His normal routine did not entail visiting the border of the Foothills very often, she had recently observed with little intention of doing so, she found and surprised herself. Letting her gaze wander in the direction he had detoured on, she caught sight of Romani, with a stallion beside her, and a filly. Curiously, she too switched her path in the direction to greet Romani. It was weird to feel relief at seeing a mare she could hardly say was a friend, more of an acquaintance, but all the same, she felt like the two of them were long time friends.

Picking up a two-beat gait, she too moved to welcome Romani back. Kasai was with her and NADIRA smiled to herself. The little tiger cub was cute, but she would not want to cross the cub in anyway, other than to be a friend. She reached the gathering group not far behind Aaron, and just barely discerned the filly’s speech, before Aaron’s words floated on the open space before them all. The opaque mare glanced at the filly and was about to give a friendly smile her way, before welcoming Romani back home, when she noticed the little flicka turning to leave, and the start of fresh rain drops leaking from her pretty eyes.

Ceasing her floating strides short of where the filly was, the unicorn mare lowered her crown to the flicka. With a soft whisper only meant for the filly to hear, she let her melodic tunes drift to the little girl’s lobes that held no life.

“Little one, I am not good when it comes to these things, but I hope you will stay for a moment, dear. I am NADIRA, and if you wish, you may stay by my side for the moment if you do not feel comfortable.”

Darting a quick glance to Romani, she felt a strong sensation that her golden friend’s searching eyes might be for the little filly. NADIRA was no mind reader, was no fortuneteller, and did not know everything that went on around these parts, but it was not difficult to read those who wore their heart out on their sleeve, so to speak. It was a gift, a skill she had acquired to use in defense for the events of her past life, and now, it seemed, to becoming in quite useful here, in her new homeland. She sighed, as sometimes it was more of a bearing of a weight than anything else, but in any case, she wished to only help out here.

Bringing her attention back to the filly, she smiled, facing her own delicate ears in her direction. NADIRA noted the colorful flowers that trailed the filly and couldn’t help but let her smile reappear. They filled her mane and tail as well. A pretty little filly like her seemed pretty upset about something. But she didn’t know if this was the time and place to ask. So, she tried to keep her tone light with her next few words.

“Come on dear. Please, don’t leave quite yet. Afterward, you can tell me how all those pretty flowers trail after you, and make your mane and tail so pretty.”

With a few more steps forwards, she gave a friendly nod to Aaron, not sure if he would recognize her from the side of the mountain. She also gave the new stallion a gentle smile in a welcome and introduced herself.

“I hope everything is alright, as Aaron seems to show some concern for… the Edge?” Raising a brow, more in question if she had heard correctly and not sure of the land they were speaking of, but continued on with her words. “I am NADIRA. Any friend of Romani’s, is a friend of mine.” Turning to Romani, an old friend’s smile drew upon her features quickly. If she could have embraced the golden mare in a hug, it was the same gesture her glacier orbs showed to the mare, and then down to Kasai. “Welcome back, Romani, Kasai. I was beginning to wonder where my tour guides had vanished to.” Her tone was light and full of warmth.

She hoped the little filly had stayed. Whether she had taken up residence beside her or behind her, or wherever, she had a feeling things needed to be explained. Was it a mother’s intuition? She was no mother, too young in her right to even think of such a thing, but maybe it had something to do with being in tune with her own feelings, that it made it that much easier to pick up on another’s as well. Either way, whatever the reasoning behind it, she hoped she had attempted to do the right thing, without imposing too much.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

An odd pleasure filled Romani at Xanthos’ response to seeing her home. He found it beautiful, and that made the Haflinger happy, for in her eyes, it was. It was her home, the land she had dedicated her very life-force to protect, and that wasn’t something that should be given away so trivially. Inhaling deeply as a breeze swept through the land, tousling their mane, Romani paused as a very familiar scent billowed past. It was that of a soft flower, a spotted Princess that she now remembered all too well. Before the name of the filly could even escape her lips, the creature had stumbled into the path before them, her mahogany eyes filled with surprise at seeing palomino.

It was as Romani’s azure depths stared intently into the appaloosa’s own that she swallowed, remembering the madness that was their last encounter. Due to her memory loss, she hadn’t remembered Nayati, and hadn’t been as kind and gentle as she normally should have been… But she had been afraid, so terribly afraid, of letting others down. Like she had done to Xanthos, and Abdullah… Yet the pain in Nayati’s gaze was easy to see, the heartache and betrayal written clearly upon her features. The expression of anguish caused the palomino’s breast to tighten in an unpleasant way, familiar to that if she was ill.

Just as quickly as she had appeared, however, Nayati murmured a tentative greeting to them and then seemed to make haste to escape. That wouldn’t do, not at all.

“Nayati!” Romani called, spotting two more who wandered in. The golden-red mare didn’t wish to be rude to them, especially with Nadira, for she was a friend… But this was her Dear-Heart, one of the most beloved creatures that the warrior had met, and seeing such an expression of complete turmoil on the filly’s face nearly ripped Romani’s heart from her chest. “Please, darling, wait for me.” Immediately she picked up her pace, compact frame moving surprisingly quick across the grasses that separated her from the spotted filly. “Dear-Heart, please, let me speak.”

A part of her felt terrible for simply moving by the painted draft who she didn’t remember meeting before, and Nadira, but it could wait. Stopping Nayati right then and there was her first priority; everything else could wait. The filly meant far too much to the Haflinger to simply just forget about, for she couldn’t. How long had they known each other? Far too long now… Now that Svetlana was gone from their lives, and this world, who would look after her little Dear-Heart? Once a niece in her eyes, Romani now wished to call Nayati something more, something far more precious than a relationship of a niece and aunt. She wished to call the princess her daughter, if Nayati could accept Romani as her mother. And forgive her. That would be the first trial to overcome.

“Nayati,” Romani said once she was close enough, her voice dropping to a soft whisper, “Please, Dear-Heart… I’m so sorry, for how I acted before. I wasn’t in my right mind…”

[ooc: So… I totally didn’t mean to have Romani be a bitch or anything by kinda pushing past Nadira and Aaron. XD It’s just, Nayati is number one on her mind. :3]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art