the Rift

The Lights that Illuminate (Lupus, Open)

Ayaka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The silver moon illuminated the snow that laid on the ground. A trail of paw prints lead a rusty pelted fae named Ayaka. Her eyes looked like glowing orange gems in the faint light of night. She had never seen anything like this before. The cold white flakes on the ground made no sense to her. Of course, the lupa knew it was snow but she was from the plains and dessert. Not from cold and snowy places like a handsome he-wolf that she met. Lupus. The thought of him put a smile on her white lined lips. She had met him in the Deep Forest and she looked forwards to meeting him again. It had been about a week ever since they spared. It was not for either one of them to get hurt, but yet more for fun. From both of the times she met him, the golden she-wolf could not help but have a small crush on him.

As her thoughts wondered a stunning lights were forming in the sky. Red, green, pink, yellow… They were all so beautiful. Ayaka lifting up her cranium to gaze at the spectacular lights. A sigh came out of her mouth in a small puff of white. She had never seen anything like this before. The lights glinted down on her pelt and made it look like it was hued with such bright colors. Her eyes wide with such wonder. A smile came to her maw and then she continued to pad on.

“Hello?” Her voice rang out and seemed to echo. Her ears shoved forward to caught any sound that might be lingering around. Her coat was sprinkled white from small flakes of snow that had somehow managed to get onto her red pelt. She was nearly shivering from the coldness. This was way too cold for a wolf like her. She wondered how Lupus managed to live in this weather. Her fiery orbs scanned the frozen terrain for another living thing that was curious like her and had wondered over here.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix
Echoing sounds pump round the place and my keen hearing soon picks up the words spoke by the familiar voice of Ayaka,the rustic like she wolf. Ever since my first meeting with her in the deep forest I felt like I trusted her more then others I have trusted although it was still slight. Maybe it was because she was the first wolf I had met in this land? My head turns back,in the direction the call had come from. It was strange she should be in this part of the land,I couldn't imagine the red wolf in the depths on snow and ice,not even a tiny bit.

In a swift movement I am heading to the side of my original path,towards call of Ayaka as well as her scent. Last time I had met her I had gone almost as silent as I had came to meet the she wolf. Silence. If I could be so silent in the woods then her I was invisible to a untrained eye and it wasn't long before she came into view I,standing a little was behind her,lets my coat ruffle in the breeze,my legs holding me strong as if I was a posing statue,though of course I wasn't. I shake my snowy head slightly,closing my eyes and reopening them and they were darker then ever. "What a surprise to see you here Ayaka." a slight hint of a smile grows on me.

Unregistered

"What a surprise to see you here Ayaka." A familiar voice spoke to her. She could recognize it from anywhere. It was Lupus! A smile shot onto her face as she turned around to face the handsome brute. His muscular appearance seemed to glow in the colorful northern lights. His ghost-like pelt waved in the cold gust. The lupe looked nearly invisible in the soft snow. He looked perfect in this scenery. His snowy white pelt in the fluffy snow, it all looked so natural. Even though the last time they met was only a short while ago, it felt as if it was forever since she had seen his striking face.

A feeling emerged in the pit of her stomach. It felt as if she was going to throw up, but it also seemed happy. Happy with a sick twist. What was it? Was she just happy to see him? Or maybe was it the indescribable feeling of love? Was she falling in love with the brute? It seemed almost ridicules to think that, considering that she had only met him two other times.

The rusty pelted fae glanced at the sky. Its colors sparkled down on the two wolves. Pointing her sly snout back to Lupus, a huge smile came to her lips. “Lupus! How wonderful to see you!” She gleefully said. Her tail swayed to and fro and she took a step closer. Her body quivered in the freezing weather but still, her smile did not go away. Her smooth, multicolored pelt seemed too ruffled in the icy waft. Her paws felt frozen are her white breath steamed out of her nose and mouth. Her eyes gazed into Lupus’s as she waited for his reply.

"blah blah blah."

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix
A slight grin can be seen on my jaw line as my lip curls up on one side as the red wolf turns to show me her face I remember so well from only two previous meetings. Her face brought back the memory of the deep forest when we had been by the red tinted pool together and had brought down a meal for us both to share,something I have never done before. Sharing was what you did in packs wasn't it? Anyhow,I don't really know for I am not a pack wolf,I am alone. A lone wolf. Though Ayaka twisted that feeling slightly every time I met her into something I have never felt before. Lupus! How wonderful to see you! I can't help but share the she-wolfs feeling towards her. It was true. I loved running into her every now and then.

As if the sky had read my thoughts it painted its self with all different pure colours that shifted gently. It was oh such a beautiful evening. It almost felt like fate that we had met here,on this night at a spectacular time of day. I wonder if it is fate? but what kind of fate would it turn out to be? i look back to her eyes,the question hurting my brain,searching for a answer that would satisfy me,but nothing did except for when I was focused solely on her. i quickly force my self away from my thoughts to address Ayaka. "As it is equally wonderful to meet you here Ayaka." I try to force emotion on my face as I can but it is something I have never been able to do,not even in the presence of someone I truly like. I suppose my eyes hold a faint glimmer in them but I wonder if she can translate it as well as I mean it to be. My half smile creeps up a little further but it was no way as bright as her beaming face.

I wonder if I will ever be able to show my emotions?

Unregistered

A smile still gleamed in her snout as she looked at the white wolf. He reminded her so much of another wolf that was in her old pack. The only difference was that the other wolf had a murky grey pelt and shiny blue eyes. They had the same proud stance and the same handsome face. He used to be one of Ayaka’s best friends. Of course, she did not have any feelings for him except for the love of a friend. He had the common scene of a blade of grass. He would always screw up or figure out a way to get into trouble, but he would put a smile on everyone’s muzzle. But Lupus was still so different. He was charming, at least to her that is. He had really grown on her the last times that they had met.

"As it is equally wonderful to meet you here Ayaka."

She turned her attention back to Lupus as he spoke. She wanted to go over to him and nuzzle him, but she held herself back. She was only friends with him. Shivers still climbed up her back and made her slightly quiver. She had never experienced this intense weather and she was glad she did not live in it. But when she looked at the handsome white brute, he did not seem uncomfortable one bit. Other than it being so cold, it was a perfect moment. The colors shined on the two wolves pelts, tinting them with such amazing colors and she was able to see her friend. Her first wolf friend that she had made in Helovia. She hunted for a reply to Lupus, but she could not think of one. She decided to say, “It is so cold, how did you live in this?” She remembered he had told her that he lived in the snow the first time that they met, but she did not realize that the conditions were as brutal as this.

"blah blah blah."

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix
It is so cold, how did you live in this? I chuckle slightly. It was understandable that she thought it was cold here as she didn't have the same thick fluffy coat as mine. Wait,not fluffy. I am not fluffy. I am thick coated. That's all. Not fluffy and anyone who dared call me that would feel my teeth against there neck. The smile on Ayaka's maw was so nice to see for smiling wasn't something that normally followed me around. Of course though,I brought smiles to some,Ayaka for example. Although...she was the only one. Unless you count those idiots at the beach I suppose. Well,let's say they better had been grateful for helping to save the Pegasus mare. Or next time i'll leave them to there death.

When my chuckle dies down I follow it up with words. "And I may ask you the same,how would you live in the heat of the Throat?" I would sizzle like a hot dog there. "I suppose I just have a thicker coat then you." He red coat was so different to mine. The hairs were thinner and not as long and didn't trap heat as mine did. If I had had her coat back home I surely would have froze to death but here it wasn't as cold I suppose,though it wasn't warm at all. Her fire like orbs were so kind right now that I think my own onyx orbs were softening. I felt relaxed around her whilst a weird feeling grew in my stomach but I stopped the light shining on it,so it couldn't grow anymore. I do not fancy her.

Unregistered

Lupus chuckled at her silly question and replied to her, "And I may ask you the same,how would you live in the heat of the Throat? I suppose I just have a thicker coat then you." Of course the white brute had a thicker pelt than Ayaka. He was an Artic wolf, and Ayaka was a cross between a red wolf and an Iberian wolf. They both had quite short pelts that were meant to with stand heat, not cold. Although, the rusty colored she-wolf would have liked a thick pelt for this exact reason. When the cold breeze of autumn a winter struck where her old pack was, and although there was no snow it was truly freezing.

As her orange eyes seem to glitter and shine in the colorful night she says back to the handsome lupe, “You have a much thicker pelt. And to think I thought that it was cold when fall and winter stuck my old pack!” She laughed. She looked into his endless black orbs. They seemed to be lightening up a little. The thought of that made her smile inside. She then looked at his white pelt that seemed to glow with the colors of the northern lights. She wondered if he was really as tall and muscular because, with a thick pelt like that, it can make a wolf looked bigger. Much bigger in fact! The strange feeling was still working itself deeper into her body. She tried to push it out of her mind. That did not work.

"blah blah blah."

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

You have a much thicker pelt. And to think I thought that it was cold when fall and winter stuck my old pack! Words spill out my jaw before I even think,i'm just glad they weren't stupid words. "I'm not surprised you got cold." A grin automatically forms on my maw. I find it amazing how the company of one wolf almost changes me,or course,my grin is nothing like hers that beamed but it still told a lot of what I was thinking and considering I wasn't a very emotion filled wolf anyway,I was surprised at my own grinning.

I wish I could continue the conversation further but it had gone close to silent and I didn't know how to continue it. There was so many feelings building in me,a nice,sickly feeling but it wasn't sickly. It was like...something was flying about in my stomach but I quickly dismissed the feeling from any kind of love. Anyway,how did I know how love felt? For all I knew,it could be growing hatred towards her though I hope it wasn't. Looking into her fiery orbs I think up something quick to say."Any luck in the Throat then?"

"blah blah blah."

[Sorry bad post]

Image credit;Woxys

Unregistered

I'm not surprised you got cold. The she-wolf was not sure if she should take it as a complement, or as a comment. Her body was still slightly quivering while the colorful lights lit the night with awe. Her smile seemed to just slightly get bigger, even though it was nearly impossible, at the sight of Lupus grinning. She wondered if he had seen any other wolves in Helovia other than her. And if he did, if he fancied one of them. She hoped not, because she liked him. As a friend that is, they were nothing more than friends. Or so she thought.

Any luck in the Throat then? The handsome brute asked Ayaka. She had gone to request to join and she had met one of their sergeants named Levi. He was quite kind to her, but he also told the fae that he could not let her join without their leader’s permission. “Not yet. I still have to ask Kri, their leader.” She said. “How is the Basin treating you?” She still wondered what the Basin was like. Lupus seemed to know about the Throat. Maybe it was just because he was in Helovia longer than her. She could not wait to get to know more of the animals that lived here, they seemed to be nice. She knew that that was a very bad assumption because she had not met a lot of others yet, so she had to keep an open mind.

As the moon and lights continued to illuminate the sky, she waited for Lupus to reply. The snow was starting to clump under her paws and the coldness was beginning to cling onto her pelt. Her breathe looked like steam that poured out of her mouth. She as much as she loved seeing Lupus, she was starting to regret coming to the Frostbreath Steppe. But the more she regretted to come, the more she tried to deny that thought. For if she hadn’t come, she would have not seen Lupus once again.

"blah blah blah."