the Rift

Flowers for the Night; mesec/moon god/quest return

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

By the time he'd made it to the Veins it was beginning to turn to nightfall, the odd orange hue of the retreating sun the only real bit of light that led d'Artagnan and his son up the difficult path. Two flowers sat in his maw, limp from being picked from the ground that so readily gave them away, rife with poison the quest hadn't been a simple one. He had been helped by his progeny, Aviya and Mesec, as well as a strange boy called Vermillion who talked too much for his own good. In fact, he talked so much that d'Artagnan's only option to shut him up was to get him to eat one of the Milky plants. The after effects were all rather amusing, however.

The rock levelled out at the top and the shade peered for the familiar broken shrine with charred symbols, a place where one might prey to their favoured God. d'Artagnan wasn't quite sure he'd call his visits here as preying, there was friction between himself and this God but he couldn't deny her power. Nor his need to have some of it. He stood before it as silent as a rock and waited for Mesec to join him, placing his prize flowers on the ground before her shrine, he looked at them critically from a distance. So feeble but so powerful, they looked innocent enough to eat and a fool surely would and most likely die later. In the end d'Artagnan decided he rather admired the two plants, facing the brunt of nature to carry out their deadly tasks.

A small sigh escaped his lips and he rather awkwardly spoke to the shrine. "Goddess of the Moon, I have returned to you with the flowers you requested in exchange for the power I asked for." He wondered if he got brownie points for bringing her son along too. Most likely not, knowing a little bit of her nature. The blood red stud waited then, hoping her shadowed behind wouldn't take too long to appear, he hated waiting.

[ooc; quest return:
He collected the flowers here & here
:: Dark x Water :: The ability to poison the water inside another's body causing narcosis.
<33]

texture by elenmire@deviantart

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

A swirl of black mists brushed through the veins and knit together to take the figure of the Moon Goddess. She looked upon her rather miffed servant, d'Artagnan and smiled, though her eyes remained entirely veiled, pupiless and mysterious. Carefully, the put her feathered wings to her sides and looked upon the blue-eyed stallion who had brought to her two, deadly plants. She smirked. Now, he would know how to create both minor poisons and would earn his magic.

She moved close, excited to see her son moving about now, and she wondered if the bay regretted that decision (that he may or may not have entirely had control over). "You did bring the flowers I asked for," she murmured, her voice almost taking upon multiple qualities at once. For all of her beauty and mystery, something terrible, dark and vicious shifted just beneath the surface of her control. "Indeed, this is how you would poison the body of another naturally; brother Earth and I did not often see eye to eye on my influence over plant life."

"However...." The Goddess her muzzle down and chewed on the end of one of the flowers until it bled milky white; she did the same to the second. As she inhaled deeply, a purple, pulsing light began to move and glow among the flowers, mixing the essence and drawing it up. Then, she pulled the essence of power upward and directly into his chest. d'Artagnan glowed blue, briefly, and then settled back to his normal coloring. "You have your powers now," she murmured, taking two steps back.

(( Congrats!

:: [Magic: DarkxWater | The ability to poison the water in other's bodies and cause narcosis]
:: [Restrictions | Can render an opponent asleep and foggy for the duration of 30 seconds]

))

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

CHILD OF THE NIGHT</style>
Blessed with wind and darkness</style>

The journey from the Thistle Meadow to the Veins of the Gods, was not a very long one, and not much was spoken between colt and stallion as they made their way. Before they'd stumbled across the vine that his father so desperately needed, he had brought mention of a new family member, a young sister to him named Nao. Mesec could not recall ever seeing her in the Basin before, but that didn't mean he had simply dismissed her as belonging to someone else entirely. He had wondered briefly what kind of disease she was cursed with, to render her a creature of night like himself, but he had decided that he could find out later, when he spoke to her.

And then, his father had welcomed him to tag along back to the Veins, and that was where they found themselves now. Mesec could not deny the bought of feelings that were whirling around in his head, knowing that soon, his mother would be before them. When she had brought him to mortal lands, leaving him in the care of d'Artagnan and Kou, he had been a weak, gangly foal, with his vision obscured by a partial, non-permanent blindness. Even now his sight was blurred, causing him to step more cautiously than one normally would, but he could tell that it was slowly getting better.

Coming to a stop at the bay's side, he cast his eyes to the shrine portraying his mother, and listened as his father spoke. In a matter of seconds, there was a swirl of black mist that ever so quickly took the form of the Goddess of the Moon, his mother. Silver, pupiless eyes lifted to meet the Goddess' own, and the inkling of a smile began to pull at his lips. He had missed her since his descent to Helovian grounds, and had often wondered if she felt the same. "Mother," he spoke up, the simple word falling from his lips with ease. It was not a question, simply a statement, filled with confusion and a pang of sadness. Now that his father had gained his new magic, would she disappear without another word, just as she had appeared? "I missed you."

"blah blah blah."

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

d'Artagnan watches the dark mists cascade to form the semblance of the Moon Goddess. She remained shrouded in her veil as she spoke, he listened intently with a cautious expression, almost sagely nodding when she mentioned the Earth God's disapproval. It was something he couldn't quite see the old geezer agreeing to. His face turned to curiosity then as she chewed on each plant he had brought, with d'Artagnan wincing internally as he thought of the poison running down into her body. Dual toned eyes widened when the glowing light engulfed him and something new pulsed through his body. He knew this feeling, he was already a wielder of magic, it's presence was almost unmistakable.

The glow lasted mere seconds before he returned to normal and the Goddess spoke for the last time, confirming his powers. He shifted a little, as if taking on a new unseen weight before stepping back a little and dipping his head. The shade supposed he ought to say thank you, but the word always sounded so bitter in his voice, in a way it would fit. He couldn't deny the closeness he felt to this God nor could he understand the reasons behind her recent actions. "Thank you" he gruffly said anyway, a sentiment that was foreign on his emotionless tongue. It was then that Mesec came forward to greet his mother and d'Artagnan roamed back to where the path was. He got what he had came for and he too wondered if she would stay to speak with her son. The shade may not be the most observant or sympathetic, but he knew Mesec missed her.

So he loitered around the path, waiting for his son to join him whenever he could.

[thank you!! <33]

texture by elenmire@deviantart

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The Goddess smiled as her son approached, perhaps the only legitimate expression that ever crossed her dark and brooding features. She was a beautiful shell beneath something twisted beneath, something she controlled - most of the time. Her son was growing into a handsome young colt, tall, slender and pitch black. She grinned. Already the darkness that honed within his soul made an impact on his body. Silver danced in the crevices and eyes just like her own looked up.

"Mesec, my son," she murmured. She approached on delicate hooves, pushing her silver muzzle into his short mane and nuzzling there affectionately. Unlike her awkward brothers, the Moon God was a good actress, but even she had to admit that she felt something deeper than usual for this child that birthed from the very mists of her soul. Granted the stallion had helped too, enjoyably.

"Mmm... I miss you too, but you are a strong and independent soul. A handsome child and a keen mind, and you know that I am never far. What lives within me also lives within you, my son. We are the darkness and the winds. We are the night and the storms. You and I... Hm. We are kin." The Goddess stepped back and nodded to d'Artagnan. She nudged her son's cheek one last time before inhaling deeply, ribs expanding.

"Until next time." She burst into smoke, lifting to the heavens which hovered above with lamp-like stars.