the Rift

The blue butterfly

Elva Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The little filly has finally made it to helovia she enters the thresholds forest. She looks around at all the beautiful flowers on the wonderful bright green floor, than something moving catches her eye, she turns her head to see a blue butterfly ''O you scared me little butterfly'' she says, then she goes chasing after it as it flutters away ''hey wait she calls to it, I want to play with you!'' still chasing it,

It finally stops and lands on one of the beautiful flowers that cover the forest floor she slowly creeps up on it then yells BOO!, she falls on her butt and laughs, then watches it fly up and lands on her nose ''stop that, it tickles she says to it'', then she gives a small sneeze and it sends her back on her butt, she giggles and laughs some more, then she starts getting thirsty so she wonders a little ways to see if she can find a little stream or something.

After about a minute of searching she finds a little stream, she rushes over to it then dips her head down and starts drinking. After she finishes drinking from the stream she decides to splash around in it she does this for a while then stops as she gets a huge yawn she looks up at the sun its straight up in the sky, then she starts getting hot she yawns again, then finds a little tree that will give her just enough shade from the sun then she drifts off into sweet dreams.

Lynx Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15 :: 5
Shoikan
Just call my name, you'll be ok.</style>

Another Threshold trip. He doesn't know why he bothers anymore, having no herd to lead anyone to. The sense of purpose that it gives him, he supposes. Since the disappearance of Leander, he is leaderless, free to do as he pleases, but the feeling of uselessness nags at him, driving him to do something, even something as minor as guide lost travelers to wherever they might wish to go. And of course, there are the foals. So many young foals, wandering alone through the forest, defenseless. A mental list pops to the forefront of his mind. Beauty, Demetrie, Oras. He didn't only help foals, but he did prefer their company to that of adults, and so he often sought them out rather than offer his services to the first horse he scented.

So, it doesn't surprise him when he finds the odor of a filly floating through the woods, and he doesn't hesitate to follow it to its owner. He finds her sleeping under a tree, a lovely unicorn of white and black with a crystalline horn. Yet, now that he has found her, he doesn't quite know what to do. Should he let the girl sleep, or wake her? Slumbering in the Threshold could be dangerous, but he is here now, making her safe enough to risk it. And if he wakes her, she may be startled, forming a negative first impression. Just standing here might also frighten her though, for waking up to see such a disfigured stranger lurking nearby would certainly shock anyone. Lynx frowns, weighing the pros and cons of each situation. Finally, he settles on a passive approach, lying down a few feet away and humming softly. The noise will alert her to his presence when she awakens, and that combined with his resting position will be proof enough that he has no intentions of sneaking up on the flicka. What he will do with her afterwards, he doesn't know, but Lynx isn't one to plan ahead, simply making things up as he goes along. Better to take things as they come, rather than form elaborate plans that can fall apart as soon as something unexpected happens.
 Lynx.</style>
image by thelearningcurvedotca @ flickr.com

Unregistered
When she awakes she hears a deep humming, quickly she turns her head to see a stallion with a deep golden brown pelt lying on the ground near her, she doesn't think he hears her and she doesn't think he's a threat but he does look a little suspicious just laying there humming, slowly and quietly she stretches out her long legs to stand up, she starts walking towards him making sure not to make a sound ''Who are you?'' she says clearly, loudly and a little to bravely for how big she is, as she walks up to him and stands right in front of him she notices his disfigured black horn that goes over his left eye and through his cheek, then barely pokes out his mouth ''Oh... can you talk?'' she asks looking at him with her curious icy blue eyes, then she starts circling around the stallion getting a good look at him, his dark brown mane and tail are almost black except for his sun bleached tips, his honey brown eyes are beautiful as they glimmer in the sun light, he has dark stockings on all four legs, and black rims on the edges of his ears, all in all he was a pretty handsome stallion.

She jumps as she hears a crack in the sky above she darts forwards towards the big stallion and curls up next to him after a second she realized what she had done and backed away with apologetic eyes ''Sorry'' she says. CRACK! another one hits but this time much closer she darts towards a tree behind the stallion ''Lightning and thunder are practically the only thing that scares her'' besides wolves but wolves aren't the same they ambush you. ''Um.... do you think it would be okay if I sat beside you? she asks the big stallion as sweet as she could.

Hidden Account
Shoikan
Just call my name, you'll be ok</style>

Lynx doesn't know how much time passes until the filly rises, maybe fifteen minutes, maybe over an hour. He remains patient, keeping up his odd little hum until she walks over, boldly demanding to know who he is. Yet, the need to answer is taken away as she lays eyes on his mangled face, gaining a potential understanding of his mute condition. He shakes his head to confirm her question, and lays quietly as she inspects him from all angles, taking in his appearance without comment. She doesn't seem frightened of him at least, though whether that is from his nonthreatening behavior or bravery of her own he has no way to tell. Whatever it is, he is grateful, for he truly loves foals.

A clap of thunder erupts from the sky above, causing a slight flinch. He had not expected a storm, without the scent of rain in the air to warn him and the thick canopy of leaves blocking his view of the massing clouds. Yet, his reaction is nothing compared to that of the filly, who jumps at the sound and leaps to his side for safety. He smiles slightly when she backs away and apologizes, showing that he has taken no offense at her actions. Another angry rumble fills the air, louder than the last, and she scampers behind a tree. "Umm....do you think it would be okay if I sat beside you?" He nods gently, seeing no reason to deny her request. It's obvious that the girl is terrified of the storm, and Lynx has never been one to turn down a foal in need of comfort and protection. With the masses of leaves overhead, there is no need to seek shelter, for he knows the majority of the rain will be caught and held at bay by the foliage, and it is warm enough that what little water does manage to drip down will not chill them. So he simply shifts a little, creating a space for the filly to lay down next to him.

Lynx.</style>

Unregistered
She watches as the stallion starts shifting his body to make room for hers ''thank you'' she says, then she walks over and lays down beside him ''do you think the storm will pass soon?'' she asks looking up at his honey brown eyes. After a minute it starts to lightly rain not to hard but not barely either, she slowly starts to stand up, then she sticks her head out of the leafy shelter she watches as rain drops collect on her snout, after a second she looks back at the stallion then back out in the rain, she decides to jump out from the shelter of leaves into the rain, she gets wet but she really doesn't care, she jumps around in every mud puddle she can find until she is drenched in mud she looks down at her legs ''oops'' she says giggling and laughing, she plays for about another 10 minutes before her legs start getting tired, then she turns and looks at the stallion then gives him a big smile and laughs again she decides she's wet enough and starts looking for another tree thick enough to shelter her from the rain because she doesn't want to get the stallion wet. After finding one she looks over at the stallion, ''now how am I going to learn your name?'' she asks with a quizzical expression on her face. After she drys off she looks up at the sky wondering when it would stop raining, mainly because she gets really bored just lying here on the ground for so long.

(OOC Bad post alert! xD)

Hidden Account
Shoikan
Just call my name, you'll be ok</style>

"Do you think the storm will pass soon?" A good question, but not one that the stallion can answer. Tallsun weather is unpredictable, especially its storms, and so all he can do is shrug. It may last mere minutes, or it may rage for hours. It doesn't seem to bother the filly though, the spotted girl rising almost as soon as the first drops of rain hit the ground. He is puzzled at first, watching her with curious eyes, but it seems that she simply wishes to play in the drizzle. He briefly thinks about joining in, but the desire quickly passes. He has no wish to get himself drenched, and contents himself with observing the crystal-horned flicka.

Where did this babe come from? She seems happy enough, cheerfully splashing through the puddles, and she never asked if he had seen a parent figure, and so he rules out the ideas of lost and orphaned. She is certainly not a fearful creature, perhaps she wandered off for an adventure? Or, like his Beauty, she may have been sent here. He cannot ask, and she doesn't seem inclined to talk about it, and so he supposes that her origins will have to remain a mystery for now. She might decide to tell him later, or perhaps one of his adopted daughters would ask for him. If she chooses to follow him, that is. While Lynx would be glad to take the filly under his metaphorical wing, adding her to his slowly growing family, he will respect her wishes. Should she prefer life in a herd, he will take her to one, even allow her to make the choice as to which one. Or, if she finds another guardian, he will not stand in her way.

Done with her game, the girl returns to the shelter of the trees, though she picks a different spot than the one he inhabits. Politeness, keeping her wet form from his own dry one, or does she no longer wish for his company? He is reassured when her tiny head turns to him, issuing a question. He smiles gently, for this is one that he has had practice in answering, and climbs to his hooves. One faintly cloven appendage begins to doodle a shape in the mud, forming the rough shape of a lynx with the quick easy of familiarity. Like some of his other charges, she may not recognize the animal, but the buckskin doesn't mind. Any guess that she may make is fine with him.

(OOC: Feel free to make up a name for him if you'd like. :) )

Lynx.</style>

Unregistered
After she asks her question he stretches his legs to stand up, then he walks over to some mud and begins drawing with his hoof. She walks over to look at what he had drawn, it looks like some kind of cat to her ''Okay i'm going to guess all the cats that I know of, if that is what it is?, I know a lot of cats so you just nod when I guess the right one okay'' she says looking at the stallions honey brown eyes, ''Let me see ill start with the simple ones first okay, here we go, jaguar?, puma?, bobcat?, ocelot?, margay?, leopard?, serval?, cheetah?, lion?, tiger?, panther, a lynx?'', she has always loved wild cats that's why a young filly like her knows so many of them, but her favorites are the lynx, cheetah, margay, serval, and the white bangle tiger.

''do you have any family, if you do then your lucky'' she says with a playful smile ''mine abandoned me when I was born or so I was told, but it really doesn't sadden me much because they probably would have been bad parents anyways, i'm just happy that someone found me before the wolves did'' she says with a slight laugh ''I bet you have a great family!'' she says with a great big glowing smile ''I bet you laugh and play, and have great times all the time''.