Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja the FrostHeart
ice cold man watches earth die, eternal winter takes its reign

Mauja had had enough.

He was tired of waiting. He was tired of hurting in every way possible. He was tired of Earth and Moon sitting silent while Sun set everything on fire. Half-healed burns littered his hide, scabbed over but still raw, painful if touched; black spots had always been scattered across his snowy coat, but these blotches of mottled red and unhealthy brown marred the perfection in many ways. Vanity had never been a defining feature in the Frostheart king, but being burned wasn't his favorite pastime either. It irked him, on a personal level, but it irked the ruler on him as well. Helovia was dying. Helovia was dying and no one was doing anything - he'd tried to urge his followers to attack Sun followers but it wasn't having any impact. He wasn't doing enough. His herd was suffering, his Edge was suffering, and they had a circle of scorched ground and charred trees to show off from the celestial visit they'd received. Without a care for what he did, the Sun God had ruined a portion of his home, nearly killed foolish, passionate Korra and then flung his fragile, innocent Seer into a tree.

Mauja was tired of mercy. He was tired of waiting. Tired of forgiving. Tired of trusting someone else to make things right. The siblings of the rampaging god were two against one, and yet they did nothing he could see.

So, instead of allowing the Gods to wage their war and let the mortals suffer, he was going to intervene. Muttering curses under his breath he neared the foul-smelling lands of the Foothills herd, fighting to keep a straight face even when the wind blew mixed filth at him. The unicorns who lived here ought to be ashamed, but they weren't, and so he hated them passionately. But they were a lesser problem. Irritable and hot despite the oncoming dusk, he stopped at their nasty borders. He didn't care much for the playful conversations of diplomacy tonight, but rather let out a call that was part summons part request. This concerned all of them. He'd had enough, and if they hadn't had enough either, he'd do this without them, but even in his state of despairing annoyance he recognized the value of at least offering to include them.

( for the leaders, mainly. No need for long posts as I'd rather this be a fairly quick thread. :3 )
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Indy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Again, there was someone on his borders, but rather than sneak into his territory like that snake Viserys had this one stayed at the borders and called for him. The black stallion tilted one ear in the direction of the call. He lifted his muzzle to the air and breathed in, catching the scent of the Edge herd lingering on the breeze that did nothing to cool them. There was another scent there as well. Smoke and char. The Chief turned and began to walk to the border, each step bringing him closer to the newcomer. Each step making the smell of smoke that much stronger and suffocating.

Indy halted when he stood before a unicorn built much like himself, though cloaked in pure white and only splotched with black. The stallion tilted both ears in the unicorn's direction, his gaze hardening slightly. "I am Indy the Righteous, Chief of the Foothills herd." he began his introduction. "What brings you here?"

sxc.hu, Sooty-Bunnie, AlaskaStock, and ilovearies
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the FrostHeart

Someone was approaching, rolling out like black fog from the foothills; the movements familiar, the hue inky, and everything screamed familiarity. He was fairly certain he'd never met the individual, but he was of the same blood as Mauja's father. How strange, to see another like him here, without a horn. The stallion carried himself with authority, and the height difference between them was barely distinguishable. It didn't matter, though. Normally, the King would've greeted the stallion with a smile and something pleasant, but he was in a foul mood and watched him in interested silence. Finally the black beast drew to a halt and spoke. Even if he hadn't named himself Chief of the Foothills, Mauja would've guessed it from his stance and tone.

"Mauja the Frostheart, King of World's Edge," he replied smoothly, allowing his title to roll out with ease. Often he didn't speak it - often he never mentioned his rank, but right now it was required of him, just like when he'd met with Kri. His voice, however, was rougher than usual. He shifted his weight in the humid dusk, wincing inwardly when his skin pulled at the half-healed burns. Damn the god. "The Sun came and set part of my forest on fire. Unless I'm mistaken, he'll not spare his brother's lands for long either. I've had enough of this, of the heat and the drought and of Earth and Moon not stepping in to stop him. I've tried to not meddle in their affairs, but damn, I'm tired of watching my herd suffer. I intend to go to the Veins and tell them to either get him under control, or give us some means to help, or protect ourselves, or whatever. I figured we'd seem stronger if all the leaders went, plus this situation is something all leaders should be concerned about and want to end. Would you be interested in accompanying me, Indy the Righteous?" Despite the way he nearly growled out his entire speech, there was no mistaking the genuine concern he had for his people. He could survive this war for himself, but it was seeing them suffer that fueled the anger and frustration.

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}
Gossamer saw the goings on and entered gracefully, regally, and quietly. She looked upon this Frostheart with interest. Silently, she sent out a message to Mirage of this stallion's plans via Lazulli and Akaith. His mind was shrouded, unreadable, but his bearing was rather....unkind...despite his good behavior. His words made sense, it was time to speak to the gods of this mess. While her herdland was left alone, his had been burned. Who was she to deny a horse help to rebuild his herdland?

However, Gossamer was no imbecile, she knew this stallion via the way he had been around others and he was not well liked. He also did not seem to be the type to sit upon his laurels and be at ease with merely making his herd thrive. A thought occurred to the pearlescent mare and she saw a way to better protect herself against him. She arrived gracefully, at the side of her stallion, her mate, her lover and turned her gentle, regal gaze upon him. "Greetings Frostheart, I am Gossamer the Benevolent, Chieftess as my mate is Chief, and Smoke the Wild Rose is our Military Lead. I am pained to hear of the burning of your homeland and pained even more so to know one of the Gods Three was responsible. While my beliefs, as well as the interest of helping all the horses of Helovia, tell me to help you I as well as my mate and Smoke must agree upon a plan of action." Here she took a breath and regarded him, finally deciding upon what she would say. She looked to Indy and communicated in looks, "Please don't be mad at me..."

"I cannot know what my mate will say, but I would prefer a day to confer before making a decision. However, when we do(or if we shall come to a decision now) and if the decision is to aid you, Frostheart, you must promise us something in return." She was taking a risk here, not asking Indy before saying this, but she knew what needed to be done here, and just hoped he wouldn't be to angry.

Unregistered

The stallion had an edge about him, one that was not entirely pleasant, but when he explained that his home had been burned by one of the gods Indy understood. Had his own home been burned around him he would have been just as on edge as the Frostheart was. Indy felt sympathy for him, though he would not show it outright out of concern for insulting him. A stallion's pride was a delicate thing and he had no intention of damaging the Frostheart's pride farther.

Before he could answer, Gossamer arrived. His head turned and he regarded his mate, bumping his muzzle tenderly against her own before looking to Mauja once more. He stood by quietly as she introduced herself as well as Smoke who still had not made an appearance. Indy had hoped that Gossamer would stop there, but she continued on with her own answer. One of his ears tilted back as she began to stipulate aiding the unicorn that wanted their help.

"Gossamer," Indy interrupted his mate gently. "I don't believe there is time for us to discuss a plan of action. If the FrostHeart speaks the truth and the sun has burned the Edge then we're already on borrowed time. He could come today or tomorrow and set fire to the Foothills." The threat had become real the moment Mauja had spoke of his own misfortune, but it became immensely more real when Indy said that it could happen to his own home. "The sooner we speak to the gods and find a solution the sooner we'll be safe and get a break from this blasted heat."

With his own peace said, Indy looked at Mauja once more. "I will go with you if you believe speaking to them will do some good." Indy looked down to Gossamer now, knowing that she would be frustrated with him, but he'd had enough of the heat. Everyday he felt like he was baking because of his dark coat. It was time to put a stop to it.

Ascended Helovian

I'd just like to know by whom he's not well liked and how he's been around them. As far as I'm aware, Mauja's always been civil and pleasant around others, with one exception (Histe).

Mauja the FrostHeart

Someone else approached while he spoke; graceful, pale, short, hornless. She looked at him with eyes that he did not like; they did not seem genuine. They seemed to guard something. Inwardly he bristled, but outwardly he remained calm; he swung his head around to look at her, peering curiously with his chill-shaded eyes. The long, black feathers behind his ears swayed against his neck, tickling his skin. He wasn't quite used to it yet. "Greetings Frostheart..." He resisted the urge to spit I am Mauja, but listened; he didn't like where this was going. Too many titles. Too much you're at my mercy, too much I'm trying to intimidate and placate you so you don't hate me for refusal. Gossamer the Benevolent. Smoke the Wild Rose. She spoke of pain and plans of action. He didn't quite want to believe her, simply because it was so stupid. He didn't care that it showed, an empty-eyed looked of sheer surprise and astonishment, his lower jaw nearly hanging open as he stared at her. A day to confer? ".. and if the decision is to aid you..."

He'd heard enough. Aid? Who the hell had talked about aid?! Mauja felt like screaming, a long, shrill sound, but he bottled it up, just staring at her, incredulous. He couldn't keep his thoughts from running amok in his head.

First. Gossamer the Benevolent? Gossamer the fucking Blackmailer was more suitable! Second. Help? He'd never even mentioned help. He didn't want the help of some hornless imbecile. If she had any braincells left in that scrambled head of hers, she, by virtue of being a leader, ought to be as interested as he in the matter at hand - stopping the Sun from burning Helovia down. Instead she acted as if it was unfortunate that his herd and been damaged, and essentially saying she didn't give a fuck about the threat or her own people. And all that shit about giving something in return? Why the hell should he give them something for simply offering them to come along and hear if Moon and Earth had something to say on the matter of getting the Sun under control? He didn't need help to walk there, he could do it fine on his own. This encounter was just reminding him of why he hated the hornless. Mauja was just about to open his mouth and spit at her that she was an egoistic bitch when Indy, fortunately, saved them the trouble of dealing with that.

He shut his mouth silently, watching the black Friesian as he, very gently, told Gossamer that she was an idiot. Mauja approved. Mutely, not yet trusting himself to speak without verbally beheading the mare, he nodded his agreement. At least one of the three leaders had some sense. Perhaps Smoke was sensible too, and that was why they were three, to balance out the utter stupidity of Gossamer. Maybe they did it to restore some semblance of intelligence to their leadership.

Indy's attention returned to him, and he knew that he had to say something. He drew a deep, hot breath, his gaze steadier now - less stupefied. "It will probably do more good than waiting for incineration does," he said, pleased at how smooth his voice was despite the fury that raged just beneath his skin. "I'm pleased that you wish to accompany me, Indy. Unless there is more to be said-" He turned his eyes onto Gossamer, hoping she'd just shut the fuck up and go back into the hole she'd come from. "- perhaps we should get going down to the Throat, and see if the Resolute is as eager as we to get this sun-plague away?" Somehow, he managed to keep his voice civil, holding the winter's chilly bite at bay.

( aah, sorry, grumpy Mauja :/ )

Gossamer the Benevolent Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16hh :: 13
Illusion{Illu}
[It was lotus I believe...but I forgot that was just to anthym...though I think maybe mirage didn't completely like him either sooo idk...but anywho, ignore that fact then. Also, its cute that Mauja thinks indy's the lead lead, Gossamer is pissed.lol]

Gossamer was hit, rather quickly, with the violence of a torrent of anger. His thoughts were too muddled to make out anything but she could certainly tell he did not like her. It was aiding him after all. Her mate was acting as if it was the death of the world but she did admit that he was right in there being no time to discuss at the moment."I suppose you are right Indy."The heat here was extremely mild compared to other places, they had been untouched by the angered god thus far, and as far as she could tell he wanted their help. Indy, as much as she loved him, turned on her then. Anger boiled up then at her mate. They had been together so long and then he would go and usurp her like that. He ruled next to her, not the other way around. They were, indeed, and old married couple and for this cut to her, like the bite of a dog, she almost had the mind to kick him out. But instead she cocked her head to the side, amused at Mauja's acting as if Indy were the main lead here.

"My lifelong mate, who rules at my side, King Mauja, he and I both will, together, go. We are not easily divided and the fact that you assume you could divide us is entertaining. Please, don't disregard me or my mate so quickly. I never said I would not go with you, I merely asked for something in return. You needn't jump to the assume that it would be a one sided something." She pauses and looks at him more directly then,

"I have not yet managed to travel to your lands as I had intended. If I had made it there I would have proposed a peace treaty of some sort. Even if for a season. I was merely going to propose we set one up now while we had the opportunity. That and I was certainly wary of following a lead, whom I have not met yet and know nothing about, to the Vein of the Gods" She stopped here. Nothing she did was for personal gain. It was always for protection. Of her herd, of her love, and lastly of herself. Hopefully, it was apparent to him now what her motives where. She supposed she should have added a more joking tone to her voice when she'd said her words last time, but joking had never been her strongpoint. "I was chosen by all three gods to lead here, my daughter's colt lives with the Earth God, and I can assure you that I have every intention of bringing the current plight of their charges to their attention. But, since nothing is happening as of now, shall we take the moment we have and make it count? " She hoped she was being understandable enough, it really was hot out.

Unregistered
[i thought they were all equal leads so there was no lead lead? ali be confused D:]

Neither party was happy, that much was deductible merely from the looks upon their faces. The unicorn looked as if he wanted to run Gossamer through with his horn and Gossamer looked as if she were angry with the both of them. Indy had merely spoke his own thoughts about the situation. Was he not allowed to ever voice his own opinion? The stallion sighed wearily and slapped his long tail against his legs as he waited for Gossamer to finish her speech. He was a bit surprised at Gossamer's accusation that the unicorn had sought to divide them. Personally, he hadn't picked up on any ploy of the like. He merely offered Mauja a look of apology as his mate continued to speak.

Indy settled his gaze on Gossamer as she got to the heart of what the 'something' she wanted from Mauja was. The stallion shifted his weight. While he did agree that a peace treaty would do some good he didn't think now was the time to discuss it when they still had another leader to visit before going to the Veins of the Gods to seek answers.

"Can we not walk and discuss a treaty at the same time?" the stallion asked, trying to hold back his exasperation with the matter. He was ready to get going, hoping that the sooner they spoke with the gods the sooner they would be rid of the unbearable heat. He looked at Gossamer first then at Mauja, hoping that at least one of them would agree with him so they could finally get moving as he was eager to get something done.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja is just being grumpy. :P

Mauja the FrostHeart

Between his own simmering rage and the steady stream of words, Mauja had a hard time to focus on what she was really trying to say. Divide them? Who had talked about dividing them? He just wanted one of them to get their hornless asses off to the Veins with him! Thoroughly exasperated with her, it took all of his self-control to not make a dramatic groan - that, and Indy's rather apologetic look. Lifelong mate, indeed, he thought, annoyed. If she keeps this up, her life might be very short... With each passing second what little regard he'd had for the pearly white mare diminished, frayed away by his worry for his own herd and the raw annoyance which had already smoldered in his blood. He pitied Indy, and at the same time found himself admiring the black stallion slightly - he must have a God's patience, to live with that mare.

Alright, alright, she was wary of going with a lead she didn't know to the Veins. What was he going to do, call down the Gods and curse her? Push her into the lava? He gave a low snort. If that logic applied backwards too, he should be afraid of going there with them. If they brought the third along, he'd be thoroughly outnumbered. Wearily he watched her while she spoke. The Gods chose me as well, he thought with a hint of annoyance. He didn't have any grandchildren running around with them, though, and once her torrent of words was over Indy broke in. More and more he liked the man - he was intelligent, and didn't jump to strange conclusions. "I don't see why not," he told them, his voice a tad more stonier than he wished. But, whatever - it could've been a great deal worse. With that, he turned and started to walk southwest, hoping they'd tag along. Indy likely would, unless he'd misjudged the stallion entirely. And if the mare wanted to stand still and talk... Fuck her.

"As for peace," he begun. If they wanted their damned peace treaty they'd better damn not stand around and argue about it all day. "I have no interest in your lands nor your herd. I hope your feelings towards me and mine are the same. I hope it pleases you to know it, and I doubt I need to elaborate further on it when I've put it so clearly. As for time..." His blue eyes narrowed dangerously and he stared at the horizon. "It's running out. Perhaps you'll come back from this visit and find your forest in flames." He gave her a chilly look over his shoulder; Indy didn't deserve to have his home burned down, but she sure did. He wasn't going to waste time on pointless politics when the threat of all of Helovia being consumed in fire was imminent. If she wanted to loiter around and waste precious moments of her herd's life, that was her problem, but he wasn't going to go with it. He wasn't going to waste more of his' - he'd already wasted enough, and only some damnable Moon-luck had saved him from losing lives.

Unregistered

When the icy stallion turned and began his trek to the Dragon's Throat Indy fell in step with him. He glanced behind him at Gossamer to make sure she was going along with him and offered her a smile when he saw that she was. She just needed to relax, he thought. He sensed no ill will from Mauja, only a stallion that wanted the drought and heat to come to an end just as much as he did. A stallion who wanted to spare other herds from suffering the same fate his own had. Indy respected him for it and hoped that there would be no bad blood between them.

"And we have no interest in harming you or your herd." He assured the unicorn since Gossamer remained quiet. He'd hoped she would be the one to negotiate the peace treaty, but since she wouldn't do it he would have to. "So long as you continue to show no interest in harming our herd we will help you should you need it."

Noise Posts: N/A
Unregistered
-gossamer nods- {sorry,forgot to put that in there too.lol}