the Rift

Gone Astray | Ktu, Open

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

This was going to suck. Phae felt like all of her hard work for The Grey, was about to be completely shadowed.

She was cursed.

And she was pregnant.

Currently, Phae didn't know which was worse - which her leader's would disapprove of more. She was cursed by the Goddess of the Moon for asking for magic; magic which would help her as a spy, but currently made her useless. Phae's only real skill, her only real tangible feature, was her beauty. Without that, what was the golden girl? Well, the Goddess had revealed that quite efficiently: she was nothing. Her coat was tattered and dull, and her chest was sunken as if she were extremely malnourished. Her body had begun ribby and full of awkward angles, and yet her belly was swollen with life. She had lost her mane and tail hair, and many of her feathers had fallen off, making flight impossible. She was withered, and disgusting. But the curse would end - soon, Phae thought if she gauged the Goddess's timeline correctly. But even after her beauty was restored, and her body charged with the magic of the Sirens, she would still have a foal.

A child she thought incredulously.

But her leaders must know. Desperately she searched for Ktulu or Ophelia, though she didn't call out for them. Phae didn't want to attract any other attention. Her withered body was, for all its lightness, not as silent as her old body had been, yet still the mare moved quietly through the Woods. Please be here she wished silently. Please tell me I can stay.. She had worked so hard to earn Ktulu and Ophelia's respect - to earn her place in The Grey. Now, she was worried her little family would cast her out; if they even recognized her at all.

HP: 45.5

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

It was very rare that Ktulu did not recognize one of her own, but as she walked through the forest, catching glimpses of the emaciated being from between the trees she was forced to admit that she did not recognize her. Her scent was that of Phaedra's but this .. this thing that was masquerading with her scent was not the pretty spy that used her looks to further the intelligence she gathered. Quietly, Ktulu continued to circle in the forest, looking at her from every angle she possibly could, but she still could not say whether or not this was in fact Phaedra or an impostor.

Finally, Ktulu's dark form emerged from the trees, ears tilted back but expression otherwise neutral. "You smell of Phaedra." She said without so much as introducing herself or greeting the bony mare. "And yet you do not possess her beauty." Perhaps the nicest thing she had yet to say about the spy. Where were the feathers that were supposed to adorn her wings? Where was her hair? Did she not feed herself? Was her stomach swollen with child or was she full of worms and parasites?

And finally another question crossed her mind.

Was she sent by one of the gods as a plague of sorts?

Ktulu snorted and stamped a hoof into the ground. "Who are you and what do you want?" She asked gruffly. "Speak quickly or be on your way." Crimson eyes narrowed on the pathetic looking creature that stood in her woods and her tail flicked from side to side as a show of her impatience.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth

Icon by Tay

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

For what was possibly the first time, Ktulu's words utterly delighted her. She does not recognize me; at least not entirely. The others she had met, save for Sohalia, had merely thought her some aged and not entirely interesting creature. Soh, possibly her only friend, had known her almost immediately - or at least, enough to tentatively call out to her by name. The fact that Ktulu hesitated, was an absolute blessing. "You're right. I don't." Phae mumbled through gummy lips. Maybe Ktu's words held more truth than Phae was willing to admit - maybe without her beauty she really wasn't herself, literally. For what else defined the once golden-girl, if it wasn't her looks? It was the only side of her, that Helovia had ever seen. And now, without her appearance as it normally was, she was but a husk; an empty shell.

"But it is me, Leader" She offered, stepping forward with a dull sigh. "I have been cursed, by the Goddess of the Moon...but soon, I shall have magic which will better my abilities as a spy...But that is not why I am here." Casting a glance back to her swollen stomach, she nibbled her lip thoughtfully, before turning back to the dark mare. "I...am pregnant." She mumbled at last, not seeming entirely too happy about the situation. It was a mistake, surely. She had been with many stallions in the past, and had never conceived. Frankly, it was a shock that it was a gay stallion who finally managed to cause life within her. But regardless of whose it was, the matter remained the same. Looking down at her hooves, seeing her chest concave inwards with grotesque angles, she asked, her voice trembling slightly: "Will that be a problem?"

Crimson eyes narrowed on the shell of the mare who claimed to be Phaedra and even called her leader as if that would be enough to prove she was who she said she was. Her gaze swept over the gaunt mare taking in the sharp juts of bone, patches of missing hair, and featherless wings. Without asking she was provided an answer. Cursed by the Moon Goddess. So it was greed that got the better of her, was it? Phaedra could say that she wanted the magic only to make herself better, but in the end wasn't it greed that drove anyone to go to the gods for anything? She could readily admit that it was her greed and desire to be 'normal' that had driven her there to ask the Earth God to repair her mangled forelegs.

"Is it worth it?" Ktulu asked the mare evenly. If the curse she had to suffer through was not worth the magic she wanted then there were several things she needed to be concerned about including Phaedra's vanity and the strength of the magic she asked for.

Vain mares would not do well in the Grey when it came time to fight for what would be theirs.

Phaedra's next announcement and the question that followed drew little more than a twitch of Ktulu's dark ears and an upward curve of her lips. "I have a child of my own, Phaedra." Ktulu reminded her. "Why would I dismiss the services of someone who is an excellent spy?" Not to mention someone who could bring forth future generations of Grey members. "There will be no problem so long as you can continue your duties."

Resurgere | Wroth

Icon by Tay

Deceased

The Spy</style>

Drop past the color; come up through the summer rain.</style>

Phae's sunken gave met Ktu's. Was it worth it? Everyone else had magic - Ktu, Phi, Apollo, even Levi. Why shouldn't she? Just because she was no warrior-princess, did not mean that she should be excluded from the realm of the supernatural. Besides, one did not need to fight to pose a threat. Her siren-magic would see to that. Raising her head somewhat defiantly, she nodded. "It will be. " She replied forcefully, as if saying it to herself, as much as to Ktu.

The once-golden girl could not mask the surprise that covered her emaciated features as Ktulu revealed that she had her own child. It seemed so...so...out of character. Who could love such a stern and unyielding creature? Or better yet, who did Ktu love? Of course, not all foals were born out of love, but she couldn't see this dark and impenetrable force wishing to have a foal to take care...or being taken advantage of in anyway. Regardless, being called an excellent spy, was more than reassuring, as the dark mare told her that it wouldn't be an issue.

Breathing a sigh of relief, Phae nodded greatfully. "There will be no issue of continuity in my duties, even when the foal is born." Phae vowed. "I will continue to serve, as always."

Won't you sing to me your poetry,
Won't you take me to your home,
Won't you be for me forever
So I'll never be alone

An ear tilted at Phaedra's response that the curse she had to suffer through would be worth the magic. In Ktulu's opinion the other mare sounded as if she were trying to convince herself of that matter more than assure her leader of it. Nevertheless, Ktulu could only take Phaedra's word on the matter. Time would tell whether or not the desire for magic was worth the consequences, however temporary they might be.

The look on Phaedra's face when she mentioned her son made Ktulu's lips quirk into a slight grin. "You didn't know I had a child." She said. "His name is Hototo. He is the son of the God of the Earth." Her voice changed as she spoke of her son and his father. It became softer, less gruff. Her facial features relaxed but it was all momentary before the mask was back in place and she was once again looking at Phaedra.

The dark mare nodded to her cursed follower as she vowed continuity in her services. "Very well, Phaedra." She said. "I will hold you to your word, but I must ask out of my own concern." Her head raised slightly and her eyes slipped from the mare's face to her swollen barrel. "Was the pregnancy by choice?" Phaedra may not have thought much of Ktulu, but she protected those who followed her and if she had been forced it would not bode well for the stallion involved.

Resurgere | Wroth

Icon by Tay

Deceased

The Spy</style>

Drop past the color; come up through the summer rain.</style>

Son of the Earth God...

The words resounded in Phaedra's mind.

What

the

fuck.

Phae had met the Earth God - twice. Once when she first entered Helovia, seeking a companion, and the second time when she had completed the quest upon which he had sent her. He seemed kind, and good, and caring...everything that Ktulu was not. Eyeing the dark mare now, Phae seemed more uncertain and fearful of her than ever before. How? Why? had he chosen her? Then, as if Phaedra wasn't surprised enough, Ktulu did something that once-golden girl thought she would never do.

I must ask out of my own concern...

Concern. Mother of a demi-God. Who was this dark mare, and where was Ktu?

Phae shook her head with a weary smile, trying to gulp down her shock and confusion over Ktulu's sudden softening. "Ah..." She began, with a hesitant smile. Was it by choice? Well, she hadn't intended to get pregnant but...the act had certainly been by choice, she thought with a crimson blush. Looking back to Ktu, she sighed. "I was not forced, if that is what you ask." Relief flooded the mare, as if finally dawned on her that her home and family were not going to abandon her due to her momentary lapse of judgement with Tolio, and with the curse she had brought on herself. At least one of them would become a benefit to her and the other...her unborn foal? That remained to be seen.

Flicking her stump of a tail, Phae nodded to Ktu as she stepped to the side. Pausing, she looked back at the dark mare. "Thank you for your concern...and for your...approval." She muttered, with a genuine appreciation in her raspy voice. The pegasus didn't know what she would have done, had she been outcasted, and her loyalty remained entrenched even more with the Grey, due to Ktu's words. "I've not seen Tio in the weeks since I have been pregnant...but I will keep you informed." She said as she moved to leave, unaware of Ktulu and Tio's meeting.

[end?]

Won't you sing to me your poetry,
Won't you take me to your home,
Won't you be for me forever
So I'll never be alone