the Rift

too long [return]

Cormac Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

CORMAC the BARBARIAN

Hooves clip and clop, eyes lower and nostrils exhale, puffing slightly in mild annoyance; ears flick and eyes glow amber. The stallion has come from the water to gain his magic, greedy little creature he is; and he knows it, and does not deny it, and will go any length to receive that magic. Eyes roll and he snorts again, picking up a brisk little trot coming in, impatient in every aspect, and soon enough he is cantering, running from the waters that held him captive. For while he understood the lesson of patience, he was impatient, impatient for his wiles and plans and evil things. What more would you expect from a pirate, a bonny lad who does whatever he likes?

So on he comes trotting under the blue-of-bluebell skies, skies that remind him of the salty sea that held him captive, and his tail flicks, still wet even under the hot sun from that damn water, and he comes the long way to the Veins, emerging out of the oceans surrounding the island and clambering up, ready and excited. The barbarian's hooves crack on rock and chip on the crags, but he moves quicker and quicker up and up.

And he finds the shrines desecrated. Eyes widen, head jerks back; nostrils flare for the scent of salt and ocean, the smell of the Water God. "Water Lord?" He calls, uneasily; and then he approaches the ruined shrines. "My Lord, I've returned. I know I have ruined your rules twice- forgive me. I had thought I needed to care for my family on land. Let me apologize again."

ar ar ar
a pirate's life for me

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The God of the Earth grunted, the sound causing the rocks beneath the pirate's hooves to shake and rattle. Eventually, rains fell, but every drop was used to make-up his own shape, and green eyes solidified to stare harshly at the insolent little twerp. Rarely did the God of the Earth's rather calm and peaceful mood get shaken, but he realized just now why the veins were destroyed. Too many, like this pirate, wanted without respect or understanding.

"Once is forgivable," he rumbled. "Twice is foolish." The God of the Earth glared deeply. "From your attitude now and your insolence then, you have not proven to me that you are worthy of this magic. However, I will give you only one more task. Fail, and you shall never earn your desired abilities."

"I gave you the ability to interact from the water, but now you shall live as if you are permanently below the surface, even on land. You shall be deaf. At the end of each week, you shall come to this shrine, and when I believe you have properly understood what you want, then I will grant you what you seek"

(( Cormac needs to be deaf for approximately 2-3 weeks ))