the Rift

I Love you oh so well | Birthing, Open

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

The Birth</style>

Drop past the color; come up through the summer rain.</style>

The summer air was heavy; full of moisture and fragrance. Even as dawn burst over the horizon, flooding the sky with hues of pink and yellow, the air was already warm and dense. As she moved through the Fields, she light scent of clover and dew filled her nostrils, filling her with a sense of calm and resolve. The air seemed to sparkle as the rays of dawn gently cast their light through the waking meadow, illuminating each and every bead of moisture that hung from the multitude of wild flowers. There was no breeze, and for the first time since her curse, Phaedra felt comfortable. The humid air clung to her withered body, gentle enveloping her in an airy shroud.

Throughout the gruelling trials of her pregnancy, Phae had wondered one simple thing: Will I know? Will I know when the foal is going to come? The question had tormented her, and in these later days, had caused her to restrict her movements significantly. Never having had a foal before, Phae was uncertain as to the signs which would indicate that she was about to go into labour. Would she be somewhere she ought not, when the foal came? Ignorant of the warning signs? Would she be in poor, or even dangerous company? Fearful that her ignorance would lead to harm on the part of her un-born foal, Phae had ceased her wandering, only venturing out to tell Ktulu of her pregnancy, and answer for her shameful actions when Tolio had called her.

Will I know?

In the post-dawn hush of what was sure to be a blistering hot Tallsun morning, Phae realized that yes, she would know, because she knew now. The foal was coming now.

The pressure in her belly was enormous, and given the current state that her cursed body was in, Phae feared that her stomach might simply split open, her skin stretched too thin over her bones to endure the trauma of childbirth. The pain had woken her abruptly from sleep, and she felt the overwhelming need to push. Not here! She thought frantically - not in the Deep Woods. Although her Grey family might be able to keep watch over her, she would not have them see her cursed and in the throws of childbirth. So she had forced herself into motion, and as she walked, she found the pressure start to subside. By the time she reached the Heavenly Fields, the pressure was only a dull throb. The lack of pain both excited and frightened her - the pain meant that her pregnancy was not only real, but also that it was ending. She would cease to be pregnant, and suddenly become a mother. Maybe she could just...keep walking. Rock the foal back to sleep and prolong it's arrival into the world. Although her maternal instincts, not strong, but still present, told her otherwise, she still felt hopeless.

A cold stirring in her extremities told her that it was time - past time, even. Her legs began to shake, threatening to simply buckle if she didn't lay down soon. Shivering, despite the warmth of the morning, Phae lowered herself into a clump of clover, drowning herself in the sweet scent. As the pain of her contractions rolled through her body, she did her best to concentrate on anything but the pain: On Tolio's sweet face, on his scent and the feeling of having his form all around her all those weeks ago. On Lakota - the only true member of the Grey that she felt any sort of closeness with - of Sohalia and her soothing advice - On Levi and his persistent advances - On Apollo, and their sweet kiss the day they thought they would die in the ocean together. Grunting with pain, she squeezed her eyes shut as hard as she possibly could, trying valiantly to control her breathing and not just hold her breath.

This was going to kill her. She was sure of it. She imagined her body torn apart in child-birth; found dead and already looking decayed due to the curse. If I had known about the foal, I would never have gone to the Veins! She thought, but knew deep down that it was a lie. For all the motherly instincts which were starting to bloom within her, she was still a selfish creature. She would have gone, regardless of the consequences. Gasping with pain, the once golden-beauty pushed with all of her might, feeling the pressure begin to move lower. Suddenly it was no longer pressure, but literal searing pain as the foal moved lower in the birth canal, pressing against her soft skin. With one last ugly grunt, she felt something change; lessen. Craning her neck around only briefly, she spied a pinkish sort of blob out of the corner of her eye. A wave of admiration and pride washed through the mare; a feeling which surprised and delighted her. I did that, she thought. I created her. Feeling the need to rise and begin to clean the foal, Phae was suddenly overcome with another wave of pressure. Incomprehensibly, her mind fought against the feeling, no, no. no! She's already born! In a dizzying wave of nausea, Phae flopped her head back into the clover, and once again let her body taking over, her mind drifting. As she felt that same sensation of lessening again, she looked up, startled to see another blob laying next to the first; this one darker if not slightly smaller.

Twins She thought, astonished. Twins?! Grunting with effort, Phae hauled herself around, still laying down, to face her two daughters. Tentatively, she inhaled their dewey and new scents. She had no words, as she examined their small faces, their small horned faces. They were unicorns...That was likely for the best. They could stay with Tolio.......But her mind halted that thought before it could fully develop. They were her babies; and perhaps it was her motherly instinct finally taking hold, or simply her selfish nature holding onto what was hers, she felt violently opposed to letting them go.

Nuzzling each against her withered form, she found herself jealous of their beauty, and ashamed that the first view they had of their mother would be like this. Pressing her wrinkled muzzle against the lighter of the twins, she smiled. "Raeden." She whispered softly. Looking to the darker, she repeated the process, gently blowing onto her daughter's face. "And you shall be Hotaru."

Won't you sing to me your poetry,
Won't you take me to your home,
Won't you be for me forever
So I'll never be alone

HP: 45.5

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

I am walking. I hate walking.

My belly is round now and sways gently as I walk. I love my round belly. Even if it means that I must walk. My love for this feeling, this pregnancy, outweighs my hatred of walking. But is that not always how it is with me? Love conquers all. Always. When my parents were killed, my love for the unicorn mare that saved me outweighed my hatred for the rest of her band for their racist crimes. Was I born that way, I wonder, or have I simply grown to be that way? Whichever it is, I am thankful - for is it not better to love, to dedicate yourself to loving, to spend your time caring and adoring and giving than to hate, to search for reasons to be angry, and spiteful, and vengeful? I like to think so.

But I still hate walking.

It is a challenge to climb to the Heavenly Field. The path is narrow, and the field is high. Perhaps I should be afraid that I will slip, plummet to my - and my foal's - death. But I am not afraid. I will not fall. Blind faith it may be, but it is faith, and sure enough, I arrive in the Field unharmed. I gaze around me in silence. The morning dew is still fresh on the grass, beading along the petals of the many flowers. It is not hot, though it is indeed Tallsun, and I wonder if this is because I am so high or if the day has simply not had enough time to warm up.

I hear a noise. My auds prick toward the sound. Perhaps I should not have come here alone - after all, I cannot simply fly away anymore - but something tells me that this sound is not to be feared. I move closer. A form rises in the grass, and for a moment, I am confused. But then I recognize it. Phaedra. She is still as gaunt and withered as the last time I saw her - or perhaps more so. I frown. Moving closer still, I nicker my approach, picking my way daintily through the field. The grasses are so high that I do not see them until I am very close. But when I do, I halt and stare, uncomprehending; and then suddenly joy floods my gaze and I grin. "Oh, Phae, they're beautiful."

"talk talk talk"

Live... I want to live on fire
Die... I want to burn out brighter
Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Deceased

The Birth</style>

As Phae heard Soh approaching, fear gripped her sunken chest with a painful sense of urgency. What have I done! Her mind screamed, terrified that she would be found up here all alone by some predator, who would have no problem stealing the twins right from under her withered and cursed body. Just as she was about to rise, the distinct hues of Sohalia's white body finally materialized, and Phae breathed a sigh of relief.

Self consciously, Phae looked back at her body, noting the blood which had dried on her pale legs. Stifling a laugh, the once golden-girl realized that she didn't even care. She couldn't be any uglier than she was now - the addition of this bit of blood and birthing fluid couldn't make her appear any worse than she already was. The silver lining, you bitch. Phae thought, thinking of the Goddess of the Moon, and hoping that she was watching from above.

As Soh spoke, Phae looked down at her girls, and nodded proudly. "Yes they are" Phae murmered - her speech had greatly improved as she got used to only having three teeth, but there were still some sounds that were difficult for her to make. Looking up, her faded gaze washing over her friend, she sighed happily. She took in Soh's bulging sides, and wondered if she had been that big - perhaps Soh was expecting twins as well? For the first time, she realized that her twins would have a life of their own; looking down at them, she wondered if either of them would find a friend in Sohalia's child?

"Hotaru and Raeden." She said finally, speaking their names as she nodded to each twin. "Ru, and Rae."

So I'll never be alone

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark
Birth was a wonderful yet painful thing. Giving birth to new life is the best feeling in the world.

But it's painful.

As I trot along, far from home, I see something. A palomino lump in the middle of the field. Why would a horse be laying down in the middle of this heat? I step closer, my black nose is stuck outwards, trying to detect movement. Two small fillies lay by the mare, breathing. Another mare is there too. She looks larger than the gods themselves! But that was cruel to think about. Instead I stare at the mare who had just given birth. Wings stick from her sides. Or, what I think are wings. She has no tail and her mane is falling out in clumps. Pity envelopes my heart as I stare down at the mare. As I look at her I remember when I had given birth to Frost.

All I remember was pain. So much pain. My stomach has hurt so much. I had to flop onto my side and pant. It was pitiful. The cold weather took care of the sweat but it was still tiring. I had pushed a few times, feeling sick. And then, BAM! There was a child laying by me. I had been so relieved. It was a miracle. A painful miracle. And now, as I gazed upon the two little fillies that the mare I felt a sense of joy. She had just become a mother.

I glance at the other mare. It was simply a miracle. "Your foals are beautiful. Congratulations." I smile, staring at her with deep blue eyes. "I'm Leyra." I had completely forgotten to introduce myself! I smile, gazing down upon the small little fillies. They were so adorable. Frost would've loved them. I stop my thoughts, remembering Frost and I didn't see each other as often anymore. She didn't even appreciate me. Her mother. Her mother, who birthed her. Her mother, who went through so much heartbreak to even conceive her. I shake my head, breaking the stream of thoughts. I look back at the palomino mare, beaming down at her.
I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
 LAKOTA</style>
 my heart is a hollow place for the devil to dance again</style>

Oh god what has the little lady done now?

Lakota was far from blind; in fact she prided herself on her excellent observational skills. The bulging of Phaedra’s belly was far from inconspicuous, and Lakota found herself both disapproving and excited. Not that she showed that emotions of course, it would ruin her icy image. Bad bad. Lakota had always dreamed of having children with Ithrim when she was younger, and knew the rush of love that overtook you at times. Though she wished to chide Phaedra for getting pregnant at an age she still considered young, Lakota knew that love made you do crazy, sometimes even stupid things. So instead of approaching her and saying things like that, Lakota had taken to watching her more often. Not only was she far weaker with her curse, but she was pregnant. Lakota would be damned to hell before she allowed someone to harm those babies. She was determined to love them like an aunt, because she had a softness for foals that came from taking care of Hana as a youth. Doubting she would ever have children of her own despite Ithrim’s wish that she would love again. Lakota snorted to herself- as if anyone could put up with her cold exterior enough to see past it. Bundle of white came barreling out of the bushes near her, and a half endearing sigh echoed in her mind. Oh yes, she knew how Ktulu felt now. Not only did she have a companion of her own, but they were similar species. Loud and crashing, she hoped it wore off as it had slowly started with Eytan. Aodaun crashed into her legs and flumped down into a bundle of white. Dark eyes blinked adoringly up at her and Lakota shook her head in exasperation. Ao was still just a baby, but there was a fierceness in him she sensed through their bond. Polar bears were natural predators, and were massive even if companions were always dwarfed. Lakota felt love for him, a nice breeze for her. He loved her just as fiercely, and they both knew it.

The signs of birth were obvious, and so Lakota flicked her tail at Ao until he chased it, softly commanding him with her mind to follow her. He did so happily, and Lakota considered taking him on her back if she kneeled down. Deciding against it, not wanting her sides ripped up by his claws should he be startled. Instead they moved as a team after Phaedra, slowly enough to give her time to herself to actually birth. Two others stood around and Lakota was instantly on guard. One a Throat descendant, though Phaedra seemed to know her well, and she was round with life as well. Lakota may not be the nicest of gals, but she wouldn’t attack a pregnant woman. The other, however, was of the Basin. Surely she was to be distrusted around two pegasi and an equine, though Lakota was relieved to see the children bore horns. Ao peeked from around her at the children, and Lakota sent him a strong wave of emotion, instilling in him the need to remember they were fragile and he had to protect them, not harm them. As if trying to look more mature he puffed up and glanced over at Lakota. A rare, beautiful smile slipped over the mercenary’s normally cold face as she looked down at them, having caught their names as she approached. ”They look quite like you, Phaedra. We will protect them well. They’re beautiful,” and she is honest, completely sincere. Eyes soft for once as she flicks her gaze up to Phaedra’s, Ao moving up to her foreleg but no closer to the girls, Lakota’s firm command still in his mind. Eyes flicker to Leyra every once in a while, showing how uncomfortable she is not knowing if she is racist. Lakota wishes to move closer but respects the fact that Phaedra is likely feeling protective instincts, and remains a good distance away. The little ones are truly beautiful, one a pale palomino like Phaedra and the other a strange mix of palomino, strawberry, and alabaster. They are equally beautiful, twins. Lakota lowers her head and ghosts her muzzle over each tiny forehead, careful not to hurt herself on their horns. It is brief, not wanting to intrude on Phaedra’s space, and she murmurs quietly. ”Luck goes with you, little ones. Love each other, and let your hearts be as wide as the sky with the wisdom of elders,” she says softly, her own personal blessing to the two of them. Smiling once more she stepped away, Aodaun following. Content to gnaw at her tail, small attention span making him lose interest in the new, lanky bundles of life.

SOHALIA

"Yes, they are," she replies, and is that a hint of pride that I hear in her voice? I grin at her, making sure to memorize their names. I am careful to give her space, though, as I am sure that she nor they need me or anyone else crowding around. Perhaps I would take my leave in order to give them some privacy, but she is alone here, and I would not have her and her twins taken or, worse, killed. I may not be much use, the rather large bulge of my stomach definitely my first priority, but perhaps any wrongdoers would consider attacking twice if they saw more than just Phae. Or maybe I was just deluding myself.

And unfamiliar scent catches my attention, and I bristle ever so slightly as the horned mare approaches. It is unlike me to exude any form of aggression, but I do not know her, nor where she is from. And I do not know what she wants. When she speaks, though, her voice is kind and gentle, and she wishes the children well. I relax, offer her a brief smile. I do not offer my name in return for hers; this is Phae's moment, Phae's time, and I would not usurp it with my tongue. Another arrives, and I catch a whiff of Phae on her - could this be another member of the Grey? She seems uncomfortable with Leyra... but then again, I could just be imagining it.

But something about the newest addition to our little group strikes me the wrong way. "We will protect them well," she says, and a pang of jealousy shoots through me, for Phaedra is my friend, and we were doing perfectly well without her. You didn't stop her from getting cursed, I remind myself, but the envy rears its ugly head again. Neither did she. I force myself to stop the negative thoughts, for this is a happy time, but deep down, I know that this mare will share something with Phae that I never will, and for a moment, it saddens me. She even speaks more eloquently than I, passing her blessing on to the foals. As if they need her blessing.

What is wrong with me? I am not usually like this. Is this something that I can blame on my own pregnancy? Are my maternal instincts working in overdrive, pushing me to protect my friend? And why in the world would I need to protect her from her own? Clearly we want the same thing - to keep Phae safe. So, little jealous demon, hush, and let us be. A deep breath later, it subsides, and I offer a smile to the fae. Her seeming apprehension in regards to Leyra has put me on edge, and I cannot help but send a curious glance in the unicorn's direction. She doesn't seem harmful to me.

"talk talk talk"

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Deceased

The Birth</style>

As the unicorn arrived, Phae again felt her pregnancy-wracked body tense. The mare scented that oh-so familiar cold sort of scent, that Tolio also carried. Basin. Phae thought anxiously. Was this mare here as a spy? Had the news of her and Tolio's affair somehow gotten out? Had Faelene betrayed her? Betrayed them? But if so, why wasn't the Basin's watcher here herself? Coldly, Phae's sunken green gaze washed over the mare, wondering why she was intruding on such a private moment, if she wasn't a spy. The pegasus was suddenly so thankful that Soh was there, even in her condition, so that Phae wouldn't have to face a potential inquisition from the Basin alone. As Leyra cooed at her new babies, Phae relaxed somewhat, still unsure of the mare's intentions, but like the attention all the same. Phae had come to the Fields to escape prying eyes, and yet she had been found. Perhaps there was an unconscious sort of pull she possessed, even without her beauty?

Tossing her head slightly, Phae nodded to Leyra, agreeing that yes indeed, they were beautiful little creatures.

As Lakota entered the little group in her dark unassuming way, Phae couldn't help but beam up at her Grey-sister, despite her wrinkles and hallowed cheekbones. When the palomino had first met Ktu and Eytan, she had been terrified of the bear cub, and even know she felt anxious in its presence. Ao on the other hand, though appearing to be just as rambunctious, caused her no stress. From the day that Lakota had helped to save her and Apollo on the beach all of those long weeks ago, Phae had placed her trust in the blue mare whole heartedly. For all of her cold and disapproving looks, the palomino still felt a sisterly bond between them growing, and was sure she would not bring harm to her, or her newborns.

Her heart seemed to swell as she caught a few of the words, meant only for the twins, coming from Lakota's lips. Although Phae hadn't noticed any of the outward emotions wafting across Soh's delicate features, she surely would have approved if she had. Jealousy towards her was a feeling that Phae was very used to - though most often it came from men. However, if the white pegasus felt some ownership of the palomino, especially considering her current state, who was she to argue?

Lowering her muzzle, she nudged each of the foals, who appeared to be falling into a light slumber, obviously just as tired as she was from the birthing process. "Wake up little doves." She cooed to Rae and Ru, her daughters.

So I'll never be alone

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

So innocent; pure & sweet.

Is this what the world is like? While Rae did not like being cramped next to her sister for so long, constantly struggling to find a comfortable position, she equally did not like how much space there suddenly was between them. Rae kept her blue-green eyes squished shut, fearing the harsh light that filtered through her eyelids. Blindly she reached out, until her soft white muzzle touched the familiar form of her sisters body. Nuzzling her nose into the soft strawberry fluff, Raeden grunted and scrunched herself closer, practically flopping her neck on top of Ru's flanks.

There were so many sounds...sounds that she began to think meant something, but she couldn't be sure. Everything was hotter than it had been inside in the womb - and the light palomino found that her skin was already beginning to feel irritated. Her body felt much heavier than it had before, and she was aware that her limbs were now able to extend outward into space, rather than being cramped awkwardly against her sister. As Phae's muzzle touched her, gently convincing her out of sleep, she burrowed her face even farther into Hotaru's soft peach-fuzz coat.

Image Credits

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

Ru</style>

soft to the touch.</style>

The world has gone from very, very small to a never-ending space that is almost dizzying. Cramped and warm inside her mother, Ru had not been very happy pressed continuously up against her older sister. Thin legs bumping uncomfortably up against her twin in the womb, causing them to likely drive their mother to tears of frustration with their wriggling. Sensation is new, and at first is registered almost like pain in its foreign effects. The grass that brushes her strawberry and cream hide feels like a thousand tiny fingers caressing her, and Ru doesn’t know how to react to it. She is very tired, but instinct stirs within her. Age old rules that tell her she must awaken, stand, and move. Wild instincts that tell her if she does not stand she is vulnerable. Sounds assault her ears, though they are not necessarily loud. Tiny snuffling sounds escape her, and she feels first a sole touch to her crown. Relaxing back into her bubble of comfortable stillness, she takes comfort from the heat of her twin nearby. The sun is relentless, touching her small newborn body, and she is restless. No longer can she deny the fact that she must do something.

Nudging from her twin makes her flutter her eyelids, and the light makes her squeal very weakly, unhappily. Rae fell loosely over her flanks and Ru made a soft sound, returning the gesture. Pressing herself into Raeden’s light palomino coat, snuffling once more. Slowly she managed to open her eyes, and light silver eyes met the strain of light that made unhappy noises continue to fall from her lips. Fidgeting and moving to her knees, nudging Rae slightly. Already they are bonding, and she urges her sister in a sleepy, discomfited way. The desire to stand is tugging at her, and she will not take that step without her twin.

<333

[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

SOHALIA

I study the foals again, this time noting the distinctions between the two. Raeden is a light palomino, a shade almost of her mother's, with soft, cloudy markings. A small horn adorns her forehead, a horn that we all know will be her deliverance if she is to go to the Aurora Basin. Hotaru is the more colorful of the two, with a pink top and a palomino bottom, with an odd white roaning between the two. In her I can see the faint birdcatcher spots of her dam, and a blaze splits her face. I wonder again what Tolio looks like, for these twins to have come from him. They really are, beautiful though, and as I consider their traits, I wonder what of mine my foal will receive.

Phae's attention is absorbed by her foals, as it ought to be. Perhaps I should feel like an intruder, but I don't; I do, however, decide that I will have to visit her later. I am loathe to leave, as I am afraid that I might never see her or her foals after this, but I know that I am being silly. I know where to find her. And the way she is treating them, I doubt that she is going to let the twins out of her sight. "They are so perfect, Phae... I'll catch up with you in a few days, okay?" I back away, turn to walk away. I am becoming lost in my own thoughts, and I would rather be somewhere private for that. And, after all, I am very close to my own due date, and I want to be home. I want Note.

[OOC | Short post is short :| Soh exits <3]

"talk talk talk"

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

So innocent; pure & sweet.

[It's my thread xD Post in whatever order you want.]

The twins' actions, so fresh and new, are already a sign of the things to come between them. While Ru follows her instincts, looking to leave the sleepy dreamworld behind and embrace the life they have now, ushering her sister to do the same, Rae falls inward, persisting to remain where she is comfortable.

As Ru's soft muzzle touches Rae, the little filly yawns, and cracks one blue-green eye to gaze at her sister. Never before had she seen her - or seen anything - but she knows who she is. They have been together for so long, that knowing nothing else, Rae knew Ru. Her eye lashes fluttered as the one open eye peered around skeptically, before closing defiantly. Stretching her awkwardly long white legs, Rae nuzzle into the clover which surrounded them. Inhaling the sweet scent, the palomino decided that sleep was much better than whatever it was Ru was deciding to do. With the nativity of youth, ignoring her instincts to stand and guard herself against being vulnerable, Raeden sprawled her lanky body into the clover, enjoying the way the sun was drying her birth-wet coat.

Suddenly, a new instinct did overcome the little filly; one that she was more than happy to listen to. For the first time in her life, Rae was hungry. Opening both eyes this time, the little filly heaved her upper body up. Still laying down, she awkwardly rotated her horned head until Phae came into view. She was the biggest thing the little filly had ever seen, and yet with the same knowingness that she felt for Ru, she knew Phae to be her mother. Ignoring the ugliness that Phae sported, she grunted as she crawled ungracefully towards her damn, and the milk she knew was there. Hungrily, Rae began to nurse, her creamy tail flopping happily with each sip as she guzzled greedily.

Image Credits

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
 LAKOTA</style>
 my heart is a hollow place for the devil to dance again</style>

The alabaster Pegasus is not someone Lakota knows, but Phaedra seems quite comfortable with her so she allows her passage. However the other female is distinctly Basin in smell, and Lakota is still unable to keep herself from wanting to chase her off. Aodaun straightened and stiffened by her legs, turning his gaze to the mare his bonded was so worried about. He is young, he is small, but he will die for his beloved. Yet the command does not come, so instead he stands halfway between Lakota and the babies like a guard dog. Lakota steps away from them after her blessing, knowing the Grey will treat them well. Phaedra is beaming up at her and Lakota awkwardly but sincerely returned the smile. Phaedra has grown on her, and she would die for her. Would die for those babies as well, should the situation ever arise. They are under her protection now, and she hopes Phaedra will not object. The little doves stir unhappily, the pinker of the two- Hotaru, she reminds herself- stirs and begins the process of awakening. The other cloudy patterned doll was reluctant, ignoring her sister’s pleas. Lakota watched them with amusement, for they are new and innocent. Sohalia’s emotions are not recognized, for she is not looking. Even if she had caught it, she wouldn’t have understood. What is so bad with saying the Grey will protect them, after all? But Lakota is naïve to that situation, blissfully so. There would be no unhappy emotions around the children if she could prevent it, though ironically those emotions would normally come from her.

Sohalia’s departure draws her attention and she smiles briefly and nods at her to say goodbye even if she is not included in her farewells. Raeden was more interested in nursing, and tucked herself away at Phaedra’s side. Lakota was momentarily worried, for she had never experienced rearing twins in her former herd. Would it be hard to nurse the both of them, especially in her cursed state? Ao is still standing guard but she calls him to her side gently, and he obeys with a bright spark through their bond. He does not know how to send emotions yet, but he knows her. Fumbling over to her, he rolled between her legs and lay there in a heap of white. Lakota laughed very softly, the sound unfamiliar to her after years of disuse. ”They’re certain to bring light to us, Phaedra. You are very lucky. Be careful, yes? You have me backing you, but I know there is more to this than I am aware of,” she warned, tone soft and concerned. These children are unknown, their sire similar. Ktulu may not approve, or Ophelia. Lakota is not familiar with Ophelia, but fears that Phaedra will suffer if the children or their father are not accepted. Lakota only has so much sway, but she would use it if it kept the dame and her offspring safe. Ao rolled to his stomach and made an odd barking sound in agreement, suddenly serious. His emotions often swayed with hers, being so influential as a cub. Lakota moved her gaze to Phaedra’s light sea foam eyes, sharing with her the thoughts residing in her head. She cared for Phaedra, and wouldn’t press for who the father was or how the circumstances of pregnancy came to be, but she worried for her in her own way all the same.

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
F a e l e n e
i was meant to be a shadow, never live life.

Aud said Faelene could witness it invisibly then she is going.

The aftermath of visiting the God of Spark was still keeping her stride rather slow compared to her usual fast paced speed. Faelene didn't feel vulnerable in this state, at the same time her choppy walk, wanting to be alone with her thoughts she was hiding from the world. No want to see strange faces, and exchange names today.

The heat was left behind her, the pain left with each striking of her pillars Tolio's face entered her mind, knowing she needed to find her red brother and make sure he was still holding up. There talk had helped him, but she couldn't help wonder if something else had too. Had Phaedra and he talked? Had the stallion he crushed on given him some hope and comfort? Faelene could only hope. Tolio needed those things, and she knew she couldn't fulfill all of them. There was only so much she could do, she hoped he above any other would find someone who took special care of his heart. If only...a heavy sigh unwound from her throat. Though there was a smile of admiration on her lips, her brother's love life more complicated than hers. Who knew? Charming ways, and good looks she didn't have too. She was glad to have a solid connection to him without questions that picked at her brain. Levi, was another she hoped would find a loving mate who caught his eye. If his name being thought would bring him, eyes took to the sky there was no one today. If she called would he come? Would the golden lion find her? So confusing, and maddening.

Onward she would continue, reaching the steppe, and so very close to turning home when she caught a snippet of a mare's scent who belonged to the Basin, and another's who was of the forest. They were headed up the path she had taken once, and curious she followed. There was no rush to get home, and she should be keeping tabs on things. Never knew what she might stumble upon, and remained invisible just for that reason. Quiet, and thoughtful as she made the climb.

Faelene would be pleasantly surprised when she looked out across the emerald fields. Though at first Phaedra was not instantly recognizable as a weathered and and old mare her scent, the color of her, and the fact there were two children at her side was enough for Faelene to confirm Tolio was the proud father of two fillies. What had the winged done to herself now? She would wonder, but really hated to ask. A narrowed look was given to the spotted Unicorn. Lerya. They had met once, but so briefly. Did she know Phaedra? The other seemed too. Faelene was only a silent witness, and decided it was best to leave rather than continuing spying. She had a reason to get home now her brother needed to know this.

[exit]

[Image: faeleneicon.png]