Prey to Predator [Lupus]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

See the life I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

The sun had ebbed lower in the sky, it's power slowly fading and soon the stars would take it's place. It sent hues of vibrant oranges to sit on the scores of alabaster permafrost, the land was silent. No wind to ruffle his fur as he walked bold, tall and ready to test his ability. His opponent was a creature he was unused to fighting, a wolf the colour of snow who had an appetite for meat instead of grass. That mere fact alone should of sent d'Artagnan fleeing but he knew from their previous conversation that he was safe in the presence of Lupus. Well, safe enough to know his throat wasn't going to get ripped to shreds, but he would still have to watch the wolf's rather sharp appendages.

The Nightshade stopped his slow advance backwards he had been doing to give himself and Lupus some fighting room. Standing now to face his opponent. He was ready. This was more a fight out of curiosity, to see what it was like to fight something without four hooves, it was also to see if this Lupus could put his big words into action. d'Artagnan never needed much encouragement to start a fight, even friendly spars, Time Mender was his rank. Yet only someone careless would think that he simply stuck to the medical art, the shade found that side of his role a necessary part. Not particularly one he wanted to do, but it allowed him the freedom to practise poison too. He was different than most healers of Helovia, he used his art and turned it deadly, when one has an injury they put their complete trust in the Doctor of their herd.

That was where their mistake would always lie. For d'Artagnan was allowed into their body to do whatever he liked. Of course, he would bring no harm to his friends, even they sometimes feared him when he came to heal them.

So it was refreshing also for d'Artagnan to take part in physical spars. A body that didn't get younger needed to be kept in shape, he didn't plan on hobbling around like Myrddin for a while yet. Maybe he'd be dead before then, who knew. He'd certainly made plenty of enemies for that to happen, not that the arrogance of the shade could ever admit to such a thing.

"Show me, Lupus, how a wolf fights" came his first and final challenging words. Wanting to get the spar over with before night came. It was going to be hard fighting a wolf, but it would be even harder in the dark.

[ooc 437 Words
Friendly Spar. 800 words max.
2 posts each plus a closing defence.
Companions & Magic allowed although d'Artagnan won't be using his.
Set in the Aurora Basin at Sunset
Lupus may make the first move.]

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My black eyes watch greedily as he steps back to make some room for us to fight. I was almost hungry to fight,hungry to smell the blood and feel my claws dragging though flesh. Not that I was going to make it hurt to much,after all this wasn't to purposely hurt each other. Thinking about fighting,I should get back to finishing my quest. I couldn't wait to see my three friends in action. Maybe this spar would get me in the mood for sparring then I would go round,spar and claim my victory from the goddess.

Show me,Lupus,how a wolf fights.

With excitement for the spar surging though my body I let out a rumbling growl. My powerful hind legs push me up and forward as I spring into action. White teeth flash as I growl though grinding teeth. As I run forward I sway to the right slightly and as I come to his right shoulder I leap forward,my legs pushing my of the ground in such a way my body twists slightly,my legs extending,my claws at the ready to try and grapple his side. My teeth also flash as my neck stretches down to grab flesh in my jaws. Black orbs are focused on my aiming point for I wanted to bite him just right,to hurt him but not to damage him except for maybe piercing his skin and causing blood to trickle down him.

It's a wolf thing.

Darkness is slowly starting to creep over the land and,the stallion being dark,I want to get this done with before the moon creeps out from behind the clouds. Plus he was rather a dark stallion which didn't help either in the ever darkening night sky and will probably become quiet difficult to see eventually and that wouldn't be much good for fighting,would it? And my coat was unfairly pure white which would be easier to see in the dark.

[333 words. Charges to D'art then leaps at his right side to grab and bite him.]

"blah blah blah."

Image credit;Woxys

See the life I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

The first movement from the Nightshade was his ears that fell back against his neck at the sound of the wolf growling. Lupus had proven to be a kind fellow and friend, but d'Artagnan found the fear that he had once tried to lock away, had crept up on him once more. Tail was rigid between his powerful hind end as a thought captured his mind and he realized he was fighting two things. The physical form of a wolf in front of him that now charged into action, and his inner horse telling him to run away from the predator bearing down on him. A physical and emotional battle. It earned a snort from the Nightshade who silently wondered how on earth he got himself into these situations. He always managed to say something that warranted a fight. There was no time, however, for idle thoughts and sarcastic comments.

Speed. So much his opponent possessed, much faster than Aaron had been and perhaps even more than his lithe lover, Kou. d'Artagnan went with power and lent back onto his rear hind, eyes focused on the wolf that now attempted to leap and grab at him. Forelegs surged upwards to form a striking rear that lashed out at the wolf in a defensive manoeuvre, hoping one of them might just hit, shifting his shoulders higher up into the air in an effort to get away from the carnivores teeth. Blood coloured lids fell into a wince as he evaded the murderous teeth, but grazed himself on the claws that longed to rip into his flesh. Cloven hooves finally reach the ground once again and d'Artagnan was immediately on the move, darting as fast as his well toned, tall body would allow him to. The distribution of weight immediately shifted to his fore and cracked, rear hooves lashed out in a buck aimed for the general area the shade thought the wolf would be in. So quick was Lupus, d'Artagnan just hoped his retaliation came with enough force and speed to find his target.

The sun's reign in the sky was almost up, orange hues danced across a predominantly grey coloured land that was soon to be lit again with the colours of the Borealis. In hope to get away from the wolf and create himself a little advantage, d'Artagnan galloped off towards the shadows that grew longer in the sun's retreat. Praying Lupus wouldn't cut him off as he raced towards the shade. There wasn't much kick back from his hooves, the ground always seemed to be solid unless covered in snow this far north, though to dismiss the surface as safe would be foolish. Ice could be lurking anywhere. Nostrils flared and there was a small amount of blood that now trickled down his shoulder, a dull pain that became more a nuisance on his mind then anything else.

The Time Mender hoped his tactical move would be a success. In the end he was a creature of the night; there was nothing the Nightshade did best than dancing in the shadows. Circled by mountains, the Basin had some intriguing advantages when the moon beckoned.

--

[ooc; 526 words | 1/2
d'Artagnan blocks Lupus' attack by rearing but he gets a scratch on his right shoulder from his claws. d'Artagnan then attempts to kick Lupus with a buck before trying to gallop away towards the shadows.]
(sorry for your wait pheonix, I haven't been feeling too great recently, but I'll be sure to make this thread a priority now)

filled with rage

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I was totally focused. He asked to fight a wolf and so he will get what's coming to him with pleasure of my own. Light was slowly being pushed out by the darkness that settled happily in the sky and green hues could be seen faintly above as well as the white dot of the moon in the sky becoming more visible to. My heart beats fast against my chest, pumping blood round and aiding my muscles as I pushed of into my leap at the bay's right side. My jaw was open wide, ready to grab a chunk of his skin, my my front legs outstretched to grip onto his side.

I feel my claw on his shoulder and I wonder if I had misjudged my leap but no, I hadn't, the beast had only decided to rear. I feel his leg against my fur as he lifts his front half into the air and I suppose I can only be glad I hadn't been in front of those hooves and got whacked by them and, instead, had only been knocked of course in the air. My front paws land on the ground as I pull my back legs in and feel the whip of moving air as the stallion bucks right above me and, even though it was slightly to the side, I could still feel the danger of what could happen if I was right under his hoofs when he brought his legs down and I hadn't budged so, like a flash of white, I dart forward then turn, snarling at the stallion who had seemingly disappeared into the tree's but I hadn't missed the thudding of hooves that trailed after him and with a devious grin I start to chase after him though.

A chase was a chase and it felt good to be chasing. It was just like chasing down a prey except in the dark, and after a horse of course which appeared as just a dark figure but it did not take me long to pick up speed and be ready to pounce onto the rump of the dark creature but with a sudden pound of energy I try to get level with the stallion to dodge any hoofs that my fly out to kick me in the stomach and soon I am at his left thigh and leaping though the air. He appeared only to be a figure of black and we had really only just hit the tree's. All I had to do was to imagine he was a food, my food and that after this there would be victory.

[438 words. Scraps past the buck, his legs literally brushing though his thick coat. There is a short chase that last's just to when the tree's start and then leaps as the side of his left thigh. Sorry for the wait and how bad this post is and for not having time to spell check it but I will soon! DX]

"blah blah blah."

Image credit;Woxys

See the life I've had
Can make a good man
Turn bad

d'Artagnan grimaced at the pain in his shoulder that constantly nagged at him, he'd have an itchy scar there afterwards. Hooves found a rhythm on the cold surface and nostrils alerted him to the chasing Lupus before his eyes saw the flash of white against the lengthening shadows. The wolf was fast, there was no way he could have outran him and complacency wasn't an option. Even as Lupus bared down on him his heart still made the same flip, the natural fear kicked in, but d'Artagnan could control it now. The instinct to run had been completely banished from this fight and the Time Mender was already glad they had gone hoof to paw, the experience was crucial and he was not likely to forget in a hurry.

Lupus came with a brave run and d'Artagnan had to admire the soldier's enthusiasm as he mismatched eyes were immediately drawn to the claw ridden paws. A swipe of them in the wrong place would end his life indefinitely, but as frightening as he was the Nightshade flicked up his rump and dug his fore hooves into the ground. His ears were back against his neck, he bucked as Lupus had neared his side and dodged the dangerous attack to his thigh and lifting his limbs out of the way. There was no real aim to his buck, it had a wild edge to it and d'Artagnan wasn't sure if he hit Lupus or not. Seconds passed and gravity brought his rear back to the earth and as soon as hooves touched the floor d'Artagnan was already springing forward.

Muck and snow sprayed up as the Time Mender was making a quick turn, tail swishing and ears mobile, keeping his senses alert for the wolf. He hoped Lupus hadn't moved far when teeth unfurled from sooty lips and he lashed a bite aiming for the right side of the dogs neck, front hooves following in a stamping motion as if he was trying to squash his opponent. Loud and clear he could feel his instincts influencing his moves, not wanting the predator to mount him and slit his jugular. A mess of blood and death on the floor. Though d'Artagnan hoped Lupus wouldn't try do that, he couldn't rule out that nature's influence might take over and the wolf would become ravenous. Especially with the scent of his blood on the air from his shoulder wound.

The fight was drawing on, but d'Artagnan could feel his Arab blood pumping, giving him the gritty stamina combined with the speed and power his Warmblood breeding gave him. He was lanky to look at, but more adequate for fighting.

[ooc; 445 | 2/2
d'Artagnan dodges Lupus' lunge to his thigh by bucking just before the wolf gets alongside him. He then turns and aims a bite for the right of wolf's neck following it up with a series of stamps from his front hooves.]

filled with rage

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
21 days have passed. Lupus defaults to d'Artagnan.
D'Artagnan receives 1 VP and has unlocked the battle buff SWIFT.