Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO </style>

With fire to keep us warm & tools we made from rocks and bones
[Image: 5105621d5416e]</style>

What an interesting sort of conversation they might have had, if Gaucho was the chatty type. Would Kovu's sexual preference have come up? Maybe - the way he sort of paused at the way Gaucho mentioned that there would be mares in the Throat - and while Gaucho was an observant creature, his attention to detail fell short of such subtleties. Even so, it might have been an interesting conversation - while Gaucho had mated with many, many mares, it only out of pure sexual desire and his need to continue his blood line, rather than love or any such idea. In spars as well, he found the rush of adrenaline particularly thrilling, especially when his body collided with another - be it male, or female.

Ah well.

Gaucho also wasn't the self-conscious type, and had no problem stomping along in silence. Even if the younger stallion was giving off an uncomfortable vibe, Gaucho wouldn't have noticed. He did frequently turn around to eye Kovu, ensuring that he was dutifully following along. As he did so, his gaze washed over the equine, taking in the slender lines of his body, deciding that he was probably more of a runner, than a fighter. You never know, he thought optimistically, envisioning trying to chase the lithe gray-body down in battle. Would he squeal in pain? Or take it like a stallion? Flicking his pitch black tail, Gaucho wondered these things in silence, sneaking glances as he sized the boy up, ever optimistic and looking for a spar.

As they arrived in the Throat, the air grew even more stagnant. The desert sands lay motionless upon the hard blood-red terrain. Gaucho had worked up a bit of a sweat on their march from the threshold, and his coat shimmered with moisture. Tossing his head somewhat impatiently, liking the feeling of the weight from his antlers, he grunted to Kovu, indicating that they had arrived. Breaking into a slight trot, Gaucho covered the ground easily, moving toward the naturally occurring lake. He stopped only once his hocks were entirely covered in the refreshing waters. Spinning about, he pawed rather playfully for such a giant brute, looking towards Kovu inquisitively. His looked seemed to say, obviously you're warm. Come on in! But of course, that was too much of a mouthful for Gaucho. Instead he tossed his head again, lowering his muzzle to the water and drinking greedily.

/font>

Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Kovu Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Heat was the first thing I noticed here and not only from the awkwardness of the whole mares thing. The sun was bold in this land and I swear I could almost see small flames bursting of the orange flame ball it's self. My muzzle feels the heat the most because of it's pale color. I also found if difficult to walk in short quick steps and found myself making my stride longer so that I covered more ground quicker. The land around stretches out for what seems for ever except for when a sand dune rolls over. The land it's self is pretty plain and I am so taken a back by the simple..beauty? Of the land that I left a little bit behind by Gaucho as he sets of at a trot.

Still I am pretty much recovering from the awkwardness of the mares thing, especially as he was a stallion,even though he was totally not my type. What if anyone around here had some hatred against me because I liked stallions? It wouldn't be the first time I would have come across one as such,my own brother back at that stables I was born into hated me for it. Maybe that was one of the reasons why I had hated racing so much? Because my own brother hated me...Sighing slightly I continue my trotting and was now by his side and resisting the urge to speed ahead just a little bit. I then halt as I watch with curiosity as he splashes into the water,looking at me. It was strange. I hadn't expected the brute to be playful.

Colt instincts kick in as I quiver slightly before splashing in the water myself and in replay to his pawing at the water I splash the smallest bit of water at him,bucking out after sightly.The liquid was refreshing on my hot and weary hocks and soon the water was cooling veins slightly which cooled my body down a little though I suppose my little frolicking didn't help with it or I could have been cooler. "Nice place! What are the others around here like?" I felt more comfortable here the I did in the first place I had been,partly because I knew this could be home and maybe because I felt more relived in the water and generally more coltish.

[Sorry it's take a while to replay:p]
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO </style>

With fire to keep us warm & tools we made from rocks and bones
[Image: 5105621d5416e]</style>

Gaucho was not alone for long in the refreshing waters - not that he really expected to be. Although he sensed that perhaps the other stallion may have felt some uncomfortableness in his presence, he was sure that he needed cooling off nonetheless. The reaction of others towards himself, always surprised Gaucho a little. It was as if…as if they had lost something, some true part of who they were. The instinctual and simple part of them, seemed to be gone, replaced with flowery words and concern about appearances and friendships. The bay didn't understand, but then again, he was not really built for understanding. Gaucho was a warrior, and he that was enough for him.

As Kovu splashed water his water, the taller stallion immediately turned his body square to the grey, standing suddenly taller, in an almost aggressive stance. As the younger stallion bucked, Gaucho dropped to his knees, bringing his massive black wings back to his flanks, before sending them forward with all the force he could muster. This action sent a wall of water Kovu's way, and brought a delighted grin to Gaucho's primitively handsome features. With a hearty laugh, the bay jumped backwards lest the little stallion tried to retaliate. With a snort, he tossed his antlered head, still grinning.

"Others?" He grunted, repeating Kovu's word thoughtfully. "Some are sold-jers, and some are think-ers" He explained, his voice low and rumbly sounding. "Some just…" Pausing, his lips twitching as he tried to think how to best describe the others - not everyone in the Throat had a job. Some just simple…were; they were neither warriors, nor were they really a part of anything. This was not a concern of Gaucho's; he would protect them all, regardless of what position they held. Shrugging, his gaze moved back to Kovu, "Some just are." He replied simply. "They are our brothers and sisters." He said finally, looking off into the oasis of the Throat.

Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Kovu Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I whinny slightly as the stallion built up a wall of water which collapsed on me with a great weight. My body,was now totally and utterly wet. My mane clung to my neck in clumps and my tail stuck to the inside on my back legs,dangling down in thick strands,water dripping of them. My coat was shiny in the light that was reflecting on the water on me but I was already starting to dry by orders of the sun. I was glad though that he had sent the shower of water down on me for I was pretty much cooled of; not that the sun allowed me to cool down either. The sun was beating down on me with as much heat as it could. I would cherish this not-warm moment in this land for life because I guess it doesn't cool down that much here.

The stallion grunted in his speech. some are sold-jers, and some are think-ers. I grin slightly at the stallion. His speech was limited but I didn't mind much. I could understand him. Some just are. They are our brothers and sisters. I look around me. The land was...boring. I had to admit it fully now and the heat was burning down more now and I guessed it was around mid-day,when the sun was truly at it's hottest. But I didn't want to let the stallion down for I was grateful for what he had offered me,a home. Inside I sigh deeply but outside a grin is still plastered to my maw. "Cool. So er do you recon I can stay?"