the Rift

Keep Your Enemies Close [Kri/Psyche]

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
I wanted to get this started. ^^ I think Psyche/Kri are the ones who need to post really. The thread would have; Lena,Aurelius,Azzuen, Cineviam, Deodat, Larkspur,Faelene standing by. Elizabeth too, for closure since tay<3 is gone?

Takes place with this thread
http://www.helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=4190
If anyone wants anything changed, message me. :3

F a e l e ne

So sacrifice yourself, and let me have what's left.

Faelene was a little surprised the Sultana agreed. What leader wouldn't want to be done with it all? Standing in this heat, endless,partial civil arguments was enough to make any bad mood sour really quick. Once their fellows were gathered they struck out for the Basin. Faelene was confident only the Pegasus would be returning to this desert hell. Lena at the front, Faelene tried not to stare at the winged, but keep her eyes focused on the target, her hooves a fast pace. She couldn't get to the Basin quick enough. She longed for it's cool breeze, even the white of the Steppe. What a long journey it was.

They made it through the grounds of eternal winter, the mountains looming, there was no denying the relief seeing home again. They were on their grounds , their realm, and there was hope of freedom. Stopping upon the edge of the woods Faelene let out a loud trumpet for her Lady, a matter of importance. It was time for negations and agreement in return for their brethren.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

I chose to fly, not surprisingly, above the unicorns on our way to the Basin. I did not particularly feel comfortable with just Azzuen and I being trapped in the middle of the crowd, where even if I were a strong opponent, I would be no match for six flesh eating stickheads. That might have been a little rude. I was certain that there were plenty of nice souls within the boundaries of the tundra, but after I had aided the Qian in ousting them from their home, which oddly was not mentioned durin the discussion with the honeyed mare, I was defintely skeptical that they would view me in any sort of kind light.

My wing beats are quiet and few, as I pull the wind gently behind me to keep my glide aloft for longer periods of time. Without the rush of driving forward, since I was keeping pace with those trapped ground-level, dark eyes watching as the mountain draws steadily closer, the temperature falling through the ground below. I shiver slightly from the wind which grows colder as the snow begins to crunch under the hooves of those below me. Unlike the unicorns of the winter land, I was only equipped with a coat long since thinned from the desert heat. This would be a truly uncomfortable meeting. As the lady draped in crimson and black moves toward the growing line of trees, I slowly eddy down toward the snow, landing almost as silently as I had been soaring above, my grey hooves crunching down on the frozen ground.

The cold was awful, but I held my tongue - one of the few moments ever witnessed in my life. I was no longer in the land of the Sun, but in the land of ice and frozen time. In order to be courteous, I would try to keep my temper at bay. Usually, when other leaders met with me, it was within my territory. Here I was a guest, not the ruler. I would behave, especially when I was outnumbered. Walking to stand beside Faelene, I offer the mare a gruff smile of appreciation at her call. "Nice home," I say without sarcasm, despite the fact that my body is quivering from the chill. I hope Psyche doesn't believe I quaking out of fear. That would be a laugh.
""

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

You can sleep with a gun but
When you gonna wake up and fight?

Today, the shadow-mare pondered the concept of weakness. She spent a good deal of time considering strength, power, leadership, supremacy - but today, it was weakness. Why? Was she feeling particularly weak? What was weakness, anyway? It could be physical, of course, but she was not hurt or ill, so that was not her concern. It was mental weakness that she worried about. Bah, she thought, shaking her head. Feathers flew, settling in a rather messy clump of mane and trinkets and whatever else was in there. It was one of those days - her banner was running rampant, she was thinking far too much, and the day was still not over.

Faelene's call piqued her interest though, and again she shook, hoping that the mop upon her nape would settle into a more cooperative bundle; alas, it did not choose to settle nicely. She sighed, resigned to the fact that it simply would not lie down, and picked up a trot. Usually, she Lady was not so picky about her appearance, preferring a bit of a wild look. It was more... aggressive. Or something. But today, she felt as though she ought to look the part of leader, and so here she was, worrying about her mane. Is that weakness?

The scent of a skyrat hit her then, and she realized with surprise that it was one that she knew. A soft snarl escaped her maw, a rather un-horse-like sound to be sure, as she remembered the bitch that had not only taken a clump of her mane, but had taken and held her captive. She couldn't have done it without the Snake, the Empress told herself. Not that he's been around lately. It was with irritation that she considers this. Here she was, offering him a home and an alliance, and then he disappeared. Useless reptile. And then she was on them.

"Faelene," she said by way of greeted, a regal nod to the red-maned. And then, with a poorly hidden sneer: "And Kri." She was silent for a moment, fighting with herself. Once she might have leapt to insults and anger, might have called the unicorns surrounding them to actions; but Faelene would not have brought the Sultana here with no reason, and the Thief had somehow gained her trust. Why would she repay it with curses and attacks? "To what do I owe the pleasure?" Tones are wry, poison tinging them, for she cannot keep the disdain from her vocals even if she keeps the insults to her self.

[OOC | Bad post is bad. :| ]

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

"So nice of you to take time out of you schedule to meet with me," I say rather sourly, though it is of no purposeful attention. The lilt of her voice as she says my name sets my teeth on edge, but had I really expected anything less from the leader who had been taken from her home? Even now, with her comrades close behind me, I was likely not the number one favorite pegasus. I nod to her in respect, for this is her home which I stand upon, and while I could easily take to the skies to get out of the hungry jaws of the wolves here, I would likely not be able to leave unscathed unless my tongue was under close surveillance. Were we on my territory, I likely would have responded to her bitter attitude with some jab about her kind being unable to protect their territory.

For now, I simply offer a tight lipped smile that does just about anything except exude happiness.

Her question is fair enough, though my eyes look tired. I had been talking in circles with her kind prior to this, and diplomacy has never been my strong suit. It is much easier to kick someone in the face and explain later. "Your kin had come to see the prisoners of my home free. In exchange for their release, which you may see that I have allowed them to travel with me here, I would ask we put an end to our conflict," my voice remains even, and I glance toward the mare with the crimson mane before looking back to her leader. "I am not asking for friendship, for the wounds we have caused each other run too deep for that. I am just asking to stop digging them deeper and allow ourselves a chance to heal."

Feeling my voice run on for likely longer than her attention span I halt, looking at her directly. "I am requesting neutrality with your herd. The Throat herd will no longer be of trouble to your kin, as long as they are of no trouble to us." My eyes are tired, but my voice is strong. I hate talking politics. "Let us put an end to this hostility."
""

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

You can sleep with a gun but
When you gonna wake up and fight?

When the skyrat Sultana spoke, her voice was sour, though the shadow-mare found herself unsure if this was intentional or just how Kri spoke. The latter wouldn't have surprised her. A phantom twinge echoed through the still-missing clump of mane on her nape, and she struggled to keep her face devoid of emotion. She succeeded. She hadn't gotten so far as the Lady of the Basin for nothing, after all. If she could hold her tongue and flaunt diplomacy amongst her own kind, then why could she not do it in front of the inferiors? At the very least, it would prevent them from calling her a brute behind her back (not that she cared) and, if she were lucky, it might lull them into a false sense of security. She wondered how she had ever gotten anything done before she understood this concept.

Oh, wait. She hadn't.

When the Resolute nodded, she hesitated before bobbing her head stiffly in return. It was not as pronounced as Kri's had been, as it was Psyche's land, after all - but it was there, and that was the important part. She suggested an end to the conflict between the Basin and the Throat, and the jackal was of a mind to agree. She was tired of the constant bickering, the failed stealths, the irritating knowledge that the Throat was nipping at their edges. Though an armistice with them wouldn't let her sleep with both eyes closed, it would certainly make her a good deal less uneasy. her eyes skimmed over those that had accompanied Kri, and a twinge of pride filled her breast. She realized that she was glad to have them on her side.

Returning a sharp amber gaze to the pegasus, the Empress spoke. "Neutrality it is, then," she agreed shortly, though what more was there to say? She would not thank her - no, the shade was far too proud for that - nor did she have anything to ask of the skyrat. All she could do now was wait for the Resolute to leave. Shifting her gaze once more, she called to her herd mates. "Welcome back." And was that warmth in her tone?

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.