the Rift

Rising from Flames

Pheonix Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I opened my spacious wings looking down at the scenery below. It was absolutely beautiful, unlike my old home full of plains. I felt myself rising even more with each movement I made with my wings I made. My emerald eyes were gleaming in the sunlight. I felt like fire, like a bird. So free. I finally felt that it was time to land. The sun was starting to burn me a little bit, but by that time the wind cooled me off.

I sank down, diving at an incredible speed, with my wings folded, and at the very end I opened them up causing me to slow down, and make me go upwards before crashing. I at last landed gracefully, with my hooves touching the ground. I gave out a cheery laugh as I landed. I loved the exhiliration I felt when I dove and did tricks in the air. I folded my wings onto my sides, and I felt the urge to go explore this pretty forest.

I lifted my neck up, to show that I wasn't afraid of anyone, though deep inside I knew, I would probably cower when I saw another stallion. What was it with me. I acted all tough, and then all of a sudden, strangers made me so anxious. My emerald eyes sparkled as I kept on walking. This was going to be an enjoyable day.

A nice breeze blew past, ruffling up my white hair. I smiled happliy and kept on wlaking, as the sun shone on my back.

occ: Sorry for the extremely crappy post. I just wasn't feeling quite in the mood. :( I hope someone replies, cause Phoenix was my favorite character to make.

Nefertari Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Nefertari
The two-year old filly made her way through the forest, happier than she'd been since she was separated from her father, and her brother had been killed. Lynx had appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, and given her a sense of purpose. Her blue eyes widened in surprise when she spotted the handsome Pegasus stallion moving through the area, and she approached hesitantly, wondering if he was nice.

"Sir?" Her voice was no longer hoarse, as it had been used frequently since Lynx had found her. Trotting gracefully towards the stallion, she stopped a few feet away, so that if he attacked for some reason, she could run-- right after kicking him. Blinking her pale blue eyes, the snowy white filly smiled kindly at him, swishing her tail and waiting for his response.

Perhaps, if he was nice, she'd bring him back to Lynx for the unicorn stallion's approval, and they could travel together. Even after losing her father and watching her brother die to save her life, innocence still remained in her, and her heart was pure. She did not lie, she treated all creatures with kindness unless she needed to fight. That purity rested clearly in her eyes, the gateway to her soul. Sure, there were dark spaces there, but the darkness was her pain. Everywhere else, it was light.

The youngling was tall and lithely built, a beautiful sight to behold, and was graceful in all her movements, an unconscious thing that made her seem to glide instead of walk. She was no earth-bound creature, this Pegasus filly. She was born to fly.

walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"

Unregistered
I turned to see a beautiful mare approach me. "Sir?" She questioned. I looked into her icy blue eyes, and I felt stunned for a moment. She possessed an incredible beauty, that I couldn't take my eyes off of. "Hello there", I casually said offering her a smile. She was so sweet sounding too. Her voice came out strong, but at the same time it sounded so soft.

The white Pegasus trotted closer to me, and that is when I could sense she was younger than me. A filly. A giant filly at that. She was so pretty, I didn't mind the fact that she surpassed my height. There was something about her that didn't make me usually anxious of strangers. A flash back crossed my mind again at the giant invaders of our land. I didn't mind it though. She didn't seem threatening, in fact she seemed as if she couldn't hurt a single fly. I assessed her looks, seeing that she had soft white fur, and delicate wings. She stopped a few feet away swishing her tail. She was so innocent, she reminded me of my past friend, how he too, was so nervous but innocent looking.

The dark images haunted my mind again, as I was separated from my beloved herd. It couldn't happen again, right? I shifted my wings, and her movements were so grateful, I could tell she always wanted to be in the sky. Like me. Soaring through the clouds, and shutting your eyes, never wanting the feeling of flight to never fade. I finally spoke, again "I am Phoenix, m'am. And you are?" I replied, with my cheerful face brightening up. I was in a very happy mood now.

occ: Oh my goodness! Your character is as tall as my other female character, Orinthia! ^^

Unregistered
Nefertari
ooc: Lol! Her parents were 18hh and 19hh, so she's pretty tall c:

Nefertari smiled brilliantly at him, and moved a little closer. "I'm Nefertari, Outcast of Helovia." Her wings fluttered a bit, rustling around, and her pale blue eyes sparkled and danced with light. The jagged scars that marked both flanks of the filly were showing clearly in the light of the sun, but she did not mind them. "If you would like to, you could travel with Lynx and I. He's a friend, a unicorn, he's helping me look for my father, who I was separated from a while back." She let out a soft peal of bell-like laughter, her melodious soprano vocals making the sound beautiful.

She truly hoped the stallion would accept her offer. She wished for more friends, and found that she liked stallions a little better, seeing as her family had been made up of a father and an older brother, and hadn't had much interaction with other females. Looking curiously at the stallion, she thwacked a fly with her tail and stamped on it when it hit the ground in order to ensure its death. Eyes going back to the Pegasus stallion and roving his body, the filly had to admit he was attractive. She chastised herself. It won't do to be crushing on him-- besides, you've got Lynx... If anyone, it should be him to fall for. He's there for you... Internal speech. Such a wonderful thing, is it not? She gave a soft peal of laughter again, very quiet, shaking her head at herself.

walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"

Unregistered
The beauty flashed a smile at me, and my naive heart made a slight flip. She was so pretty, and I wondered if anyone has ever told her that. Outcast? What was that? Such different lands. Her pale blue eyes sparkled in the light, as she shifted her wings, and then I saw....scars. I wondered what they were from. I was so curious, I inquired a bit, "Who gave you those scars?" I asked her. I hope I wasn't being intrusive, for I just wanted to know who scarred her so badly. Then I heard she was in search for her father. Lynx? Who was he. I was actually eager to meet him. He sounded interesting, and Neferati was intriguing, and sweet too. "Of course I would love to accompany you. In fact, let me help you find your father", I said, then remembering my manners. "If you want, miss". She let out a delicate laugh, and I couldn't help smiling. I was feeling so happy today.

As she looked at me, she thwacked a fly with her tail, and stamped it on the ground. I looked at her in awe...how...did she do that? "woah", I said out amazed "How did you do that?" I said, amazed with her skill. I watched her closely, and I felt the need to fly. To rise from the bounding of the ground, high up into the sky. Spreading my wings and soaring like a phoenix. Besides, that is what I am named after. I cheerfully looked at the filly, and awaited her reply, for I was very interested to talk to her. In fact, I was amazed I didn't let anxiety over take me, and make me run away like a coward. Her size was impressive, but she just had such an innocent aura, that she didn't seem threatening at all. She had a soft voice that would never fail to scare me. She was like a delicate, white flower.

occ: Sorry for the cruddy post. ^^

Unregistered
Nefertari
Neffy smiled slightly at him, eyes betraying her pain at the memory. "Not a who, darling, a what. The answer to that would be cougars. My brother sacrificed his life to save mine. Idiot. He could have-- should have-- saved himself." At the stallion's next words, she said delightedly,"Oh, of course! Come, come, you must meet Lynx! If you'd like to help me find my father that'd be wonderful as well-- oh, thank you!" She smiled broadly at him, wings rustling in excitement.

She motioned for him to follow her, and started heading for her home, the thicket she and Lynx stayed in. Hopefully, they'd reach it before sunset-- she knew all too well the kind of monsters hiding in the darkness. The giant filly moved through the forest with grace, each movement smooth and calm, the embodiment of elegance. She tossed her mane in annoyance, trying to get it out of her eyes, and sighed as her black hooves beat the ground over and over, barely making any noise for each blow, for the ground did not cry out and her hooves did not shout.

Picking up the pace a little, the near-mare looked around with a soft smile on her face and a gentle look in her eyes, sky blue with darker sapphire flecks splashed within them. Her tail trailed along the ground behind her, long and silky, flowing like a river or stream, while her mane hung to her shoulder, just as silken and shining brightly. Looking up at the sky, she rustled her wings, wanting to fly but refusing herself the pleasure.

walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"

Unregistered
Neferati slightly smiled at me, with slight anger and depression crossing into her eyes as she said her brother should've saved himself. I knew that she probably understood, that when someone you truly love is in danger, you would do anything for them. It's not a question of what was happening, but of protecting them at all costs. I knew for a fact, if this fae was in trouble, that I would go through extremes to save her, probably like her brother. "That's truly a shame", I started saying, taking in a breath to continue "but your brother was willing to put his life on the line to save you. It truly meant he loved you with all his heart, and would risk everything for you. In honor of your brother, I would risk the same", I nobly said, dipping my head at her in respect. I've never had a sibling, so I didn't know what it was like. "I don't have any siblings, so I would be willing to protect you", I said. I yearned so much for a brother. Vilkan was very close to me, but a brother, the ties would sink much deeper than just true friendship.

Her wings started rustling as I offered to help her in search of her father, and she started heading off. I could tell she was very enthusiastic about Lynx. I wondered what he was like. Was he kind, and sweet, but a faithful protector, or was he massive, and an overprotective type? She elegantly ran through the forest, whipping her soft white mane out of her face, bounding through. I athletically caught up to her, trying to be as graceful as I could. I didn't know if I could catch up to her gracefulness, but at least I could try. I limited the force of which I landed, each time my hoof hit the ground. It was only safe to be quieter when night was silently approaching. When she stopped, her hair was shining, and at the perfect position, and I didn't want to admit it, but I was thinking she was the spitting image of a goddess. I wondered if she even acknowledged her beauty. I saw her rustle her wings, and I knew she wanted to fly, for I felt the same. "I see you want to fly", I said reading her body's emotions. "Let's fly, shall we", I offered happily spreading my wings open, and rearing up on my hind legs, offering if she did want to soar in the skies.

Unregistered
Nefertari
She looked at him in surprise at his statement, but then as they moved through the forest, the stallion trying to match her grace, she found amusement in watching him. When they stopped and he offered to fly with her, rearing up and spreading his wings, her eyes shone with happiness. She moved a few paces away and spread her massive wings, the undersides of which held light gray spiral markings on them. She didn't know it yet, but these markings would eventually spread to her flanks, eyes, legs, and deepen to a rich black color. Her father had had these same markings; apparently she would be taking after him a little after all.

Rearing up and then plunging forward, she threw herself into a fast-paced canter, then pushed herself into a gallop. Moving faster, she beat her wings hard, leaping over a fallen tree and using her momentum to lift her body into the air. Her wings pushed down hard, and eventually she was circling above, waiting for her companion to join her. Oh, how she loved to fly, and it seemed as though her grace was even more apparent, now that she was in the air.

The sun lighted on her body, a glowing halo behind the snow-white filly, and as her wings rose up again, it was an image of beauty-- the sun, shining bright between the wings of a white Pegasus, a halo crowing the beauty as she waited for her friend. The sapphire flecks in her sky blue eyes deepened in color, a rich blue that was livid against the lighter background. Her wings went down slowly, keeping her up in the air, and they rose again. The beat of her wings was steady and strong, just as she was. Her tail streamed out behind her, as did her mane, as a gust of wind hit her. She flew with the wind, circling still, smiling and thoroughly enjoying herself.

walk walk walk
"talk talk talk"

Unregistered
After my offering, the filly's eyes shone with happiness. I knew I just made her day, for all I wanted to do was spread my graceful wings and fly. I knew I wasn't the best runner on the ground, but in the air I was a whole different story. There was another freedom, it was another dimension. I saw as the filly started to canter, breaking into a gallop, leaping onto a dead tree, pushing off, and flying into the sky. I witnessed some swirls from under her wing, and I observed how she shone in the light. It was my turn to shine, as I broke into a short sprint, and with a forceful jump, and one flap of my massive wings, I was in the air. With a few powerful flaps, I caught up to the beauty. My nearly nonexistent muscles rippled to life with each flap. I felt so alive up here, I couldn't help but slightly dance in the upcoming wind. I twirled and made elaborate movements in the air, rejoicing every moment I had here. I shut my eyes, and dove down, feeling my stomach fall and rise back as I flew up to level with Neferati. She looked so beautiful and free up here.

On the ground I was a klutz, but up here, I was as free, and graceful as a Phoenix. I fixated my emerald eyes upon Neferati, and a question danced on my tongue. "So where to now?" I questioned her, looking into her blue orbs. They had tiny flecks in them, as I knew my eyes would contain the same flecks, but in a deep green color. A gust of wind blew forth again, and I slightly tilted up, riding in it, letting the current drag me upwards. My white mane streaked flew a little bit, whipping into my eyes. I settled back down by Nefarati and commenced to speak again. "It's truly a marvelous day. Don't you feel so free up here in the sky?" I questioned her, looking into her blue orbs.