the Rift

Becoming a desert horse (Krypt, acceptance)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
We traveled from the threshold, both in a rather uplifting mood. Krypt was quite the excitable little man, which of course proved an old legend true. “Smiles were contagious.” He had already succeeded in turning a pitiful frown upside down, and plastering on us both a better mood. Short stories were shared on my end, summing up the land around us.

From the Threshold and Thistle meadow, to the deep Forest.

I explained briefly the kind of work he had the option of participating in once part of a new family, “Do you have any talent for war or healing?” My question was purposeful and easy to answer, but my intent was actually not to let this one slide into the position of citizen if I could squeeze out a little solider.

Just by trusting first impression I’d say he was a rookie warrior at best. But then again I’d been proven wrong, even my own son—who on a normal day appeared as docile as a newborn and gentle as a butterfly. He could hold quite the temper when pushed far enough. Despite being proven false in previous encounters, this boy appeared light spirited. A vibrant spirit was something not commonly seen on a battle field.

Or at least not for long.

Our home approached. Rapidly sand engulfed sweet Tallsun grass. A sparkling emerald gem glistened in the distance; heat waves rolled off endless dunes and took liberty to play in a hot afternoon sun. This was the first sight that most newcomers were granted when first approaching the Throat. Curious of his reaction I twist neck round to regard him with a smile, “Welcome to Dragon’s Throat.”

In the summertime it felt like we had been shoved down the throat of an actual dragon. Heaven scored lashes of stinging waves across your back until body either got used to its touch, or brain smartened up to get out of the sun when it was on high. Its blaze was only softened by the occasional cloud in a usually clear sky. The oasis was our only sanctuary and relief; it was where refreshments of all sorts lay in wait for those that desired comfort.

your dying love is a rose I have buried somewhere close to you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Krypt Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I'm a Soldier, and I will fight

text text text
"blah blah blah"
The Threshold was somewhat faraway by now. As Krypt paced behind the leader to this new herd he would call his dear home. He was excited to find this herd and join it. Krypt enjoyed having small chat while they moved towards Dragons Throat. Midas gave a brief question to Krypt “Do you have any talent for war or healing?” As they stepped over fallen branches and dead leaves that scattered the forest floor.

The exited stallion flipped his tail with a swaying motion. Showing his joy for life. "Yes. I can fight for myself. And certainly fight for others. Though..." He looked down at the ground as they passed by the eerie place. "I really have never defended someone..." A child memory smiled upon his mind and then he exclaimed "But. I did fight off this one stallion who thought he could tell my mother what to do when I was younger." He rose his head upon his shoulders again tracing the other's sight with his own blue orbs. He smiled showing white teeth and gave a small laugh speaking "Those were great times! Being just a kid." He pawed at the ground with his front hoof and looked back to Midas letting out a brief sigh. A glint of something less childish shined in his blue orbs "But I really haven't fought for anyone except myself." His tail yet again flicked, swaying in motion. He blinked and spoke again his tone was with a heed of determination "I know I can defend someone utter then myself. And maybe it's time for me to start."

The sand seemed to come quickly as they walked through to the desert. The burning sun up in the sky like a fireball, batted at his back with heat waves. It felt great to be in a desert, it had been so little of time since he had been in one such as this. His jaw dropped to rest his eyes on the herd lands. An oasis stood there in the desert and he could see several figures of other equines walking around the oasis. What a great site he lied his orbs on indeed. Midas turned his head around and greeted him with “Welcome to Dragon’s Throat.” Krypt couldn't stand just standing there and gazing at the sight. He desired to burst into a sprint. He wanted to dash to his new homeland. And feel a rush of excitement that would lie to beyond his future here. But consisting of holding back the feelings he desired so much to show his focus fell on Midas again and he spoke with excitement "This is Dragons Throat? It is amazing to just look at."
junglebright.deviantart.com | someonessmall.deviantart.com | paintedspirit-stock.deviantart.com
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
It would seem the desert and sun had a new soldier. An enthusiastic soldier at that….Krypt could certainly talk the ear off a storm, and he was doing just that. While also very nearly bouncing in place with restrained excitement. My responding smile is kind, his antics and shore tale of youth continue to be an amusement that keeps us both in a good mood. New blood usually brought all sorts of enthusiasm into the herd; it was good for moral.

I was in total agreement with his decision to become a fighter; everyone had to begin a career somewhere—and the defending a family was a good position. Honestly I was thankful for his quick answer. Many new members took an untold amount of time to decide. Knowing was half the battle and made my life easier in the long run, “Maybe it is. You are welcome to enter this family as a soldier.” Wanting to clear away any grey areas and questions he might have I add, “Your duties will be to patrol the boarders and train…. I’m sure you will be a wonderful addition to this family.”

“This is Dragons Throat? It is amazing to just look at."

My chuckle is rich and without jest toward his refreshing honest nature. Truly this was a blessed landscape, and parched throat could look forward to a little refreshing drink by the lake once we arrived beneath the shade of the tropics. “I’m glad you favor the sands already, feel free to ask me any questions while we walk.” Feet never stop moving toward the oasis, but I could sense his desire for a quicker beat.

Krypt Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I'm a Soldier, and I will fight

text text text
"blah blah blah"

A hot sun still beat onto their backs. And the heat still covered the dry lands surrounding them. But what Krypt could see was a forever paradise in the middle of this desert. With a refreshing and cool pool of water in the beautiful oasis. He kept a smile on his lips, and could see Midas was also enjoying the company back to this herd. He could see many equines walking or running about the place. The stallion knew he would fit in here goodly. And hope to make more friends soon, and to meet new people around this herd's boundaries.

They walked over into the oasis's shade. Near the water, which could be seen sparkling with the sun's reflection. Krypt felt great too have this good company around with him to show him the lands. He was so curious and eager to find this place his home. Midas spoke “I’m glad you favor the sands already, feel free to ask me any questions while we walk.” Krypt eargerly turned his head to him and nodded happily. "Yeah This place is great! I think I'll probably love it here." Krypt walked over and took a few drippling sips from the blue lake. Lifting his head up, his tail flipped back and forth happily.

He exclaimed to Midas "I just can't wait to see this place more. The equines here look very friendly, like you were Midas... Well I mean. You didn't look frien-- What no! Not what I meant to say. You looked friendly and you are friendly. That's why I came up to you while in the Threshhold." He remarked. Laughing at messing up to what he was saying a little. He couldn't help it since he always seemed to mess up on something. Midas did look friendly and was, but Krypt and his childish acts made him mix up what he wanted to say to him.

They walked for a little time. Krypt of course, was trotting around looking at the place with a child's sight. But he did keep near to Midas to not stray too far away from his new friend. The sight was so exciting to him, he could not wait to find out how big and how exciting this herd lands could be. Then his mind had reminded him of the offer of becoming a soldier of the herd. Well it was better for him then being a normal citizen of the herd. Yes I want to fight. So I am taking up that offer! He turned his head to Midas and spoke out "I'm going to take that offer you gave me earlier Midas. I really want to help out Dragon's Throat now and be apart of the family." No turning back now. He listened to Midas for moments then asked "Do you have a important job here Midas?" Curiously he waited for a response.
junglebright.deviantart.com | someonessmall.deviantart.com | paintedspirit-stock.deviantart.com
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Midas
The sandy loam that made up 95% of this territory fell away, instead we walked upon compact fertile soil that supplemented our food supply during the lean months. It was always amazing to me to know that this beautiful place was mine, even after having lived here for so long. A magical natural miracle was the only way to describe how our home went from sandstone and slate rock, to dunes filled with sweet smelling prairie grass and exotic looking foliage. Tropical flora rose up from every corner, and the ground turned to moss and short grasses that grew most vibrantly from the moister that was received from the lifeblood of this desert.

Our lake was clear and cool, fed from the high mountains and ocean. By the time I had lead my new soldier to its soft muddy banks, my insides seemed desperate for nourishment. Without shame I mirrored his motions by dipping skull into the water to refresh base needs. Cool liquid gold trickles down my throat. It doesn’t just satisfy thirst and leave one begging for more, nay, it completely shoved cravings out of existence and left a creature feeling totally renewed. Krypt seemed to be enjoying himself, and while I drank proceeded to tell me all about his enjoyment. His stumbling’s do nothing to irritate or frustrate me, instead I lift head to regard him gently and with pleasant amusement.

“In that case, welcome to our ranks Krypt.”

Water still dripped down my chin when he asked what my role in this herd was, I smile and straighten to look a little more like the person my family expected, “I am titled, ‘General,’ alongside Azzuen. As a soldier you will report to myself or Azzuen if you see anything out of the ordinary during patrols.” My title wasn’t something I boasted or flaunted around when talking about common conversation with brothers and sisters. Most people knew who I was, they didn't require the heavy weight a superior name of fluff to remind them of who was who, “and we all respond to the lead Sultana’s, Kri, and Sumati.”

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

"Welcome home, General," my voice tinted with a bit of sarcasm. I felt that his distinguishing of titles was cute, to be honest, from what I overheard of their conversation in my quiet approach. I move on sturdy legs, well-muscled from a life of training in battle and wandering. My own face was gruff and masculine, appearing outwardly little different than Midas himself. In fact, my build was slightly more on the bulky side, what with the paint's lineage being more limber than my own. Still, we are much the same height, a rare occurrence for a short little mare like myself. I find myself rather pleased that our company is not much taller than either Midas or myself. I offer up a smile to the newcomer.

He does, after all, appear to have some grit to him.

My dark eyes look over his body with a critical eye. "Kri, Commander of these lands," I give a curt introduction with a tilt of my head. I note that he appears strange to me, with short cropped hair and an odd coloration. The smile on his face suggests an openness I myself do not possess, as my face is like the hard rock face of a cliff at the moment. The only time that seems to change is when I smirk bitterly or reprimanding idiots - a common occurrence for the latter. "What is your name, boy?" I ask, for he appears to be smaller than me in spirit. I am not as friendly or as kind as Midas, but with time perhaps this stallion would learn why I still hold my title here.

I am the protector of the Dragon's Throat, but, more importantly, I guard the kin of the desert, my family, the Tuuli. While I appear gruff outwardly, my heart is large once you have found your way inside it. Family and courage - the only thing worth a damn in this world.
""

COMMANDER</style>
the</style>
i will give your heart a place to rest when everything you have has turned and left.</style>

image by gpabill @ flickr.com