the Rift

Cutting off the blood supply. [Phi + Ktu]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
WE WERE STRONG.
we stayed bright as lightning. we sang loud as thunder.
we moved ever forward.</style>

The Grey. Phaedra had spoken of her outcast band. Leander had been the first to take an interest in them and mention their movements. Now, I was finally bowing my head with the need to speak with them. If I were being frank, which I always am, I did not trust the caramel colored wench with spots to stay neutral in the matter. She seemed the flamboyant and coquettish type: exactly the opposite of me. Her words were ill-thought, rebuking the statement that mercenaries fought without heart. How could one fight with heart when it had no stake in war? Only those who had something to lose would feel the pounding and ache in their chest, even if they arose victorious. It was the lifeblood which fueled battle, and I had personally seen how disinterested parties failed miserably against a smaller number who fought wither fervor. Fuck whatever that little bitch said. She was not a warrior; I could tell as much from the pristine manner of her appearance.

Phaedra had no idea who was fit to win or lose a battle.

I believed in my ability to protect my home with my warriors, who had more heart than the whores who sold their bodies for the benefit of others. As you can probably tell, I have little respect for paid soldiers. Then, why was I trekking through this forest in search of the very leaders of Phaedra? I had a better plan than asking the pair of twins to gather forces to fight with me. I would take Tio's little plan and cut it off at the knees. If had no army to hire, he would have no followers. He was far too dense to get an army to fall in behind him blindly, so if he could not pay his way to success, he would fail. I had no idea what price the Grey would ask for not aiding the foolish brute in his quest, but I would pay it if possible. If I could not, I suppose the Throat herd would make due, as we always have.

My wings are folded, with no room for flight here, but the wind still follows me obediently, dragging the dry air of the desert into the forest and covering the musky scent with something much more tolerable. My steps are quiet, though I make no attempt to keep my presence here a secret. The whistle of the wind through the limbs of the trees attested to that. The wind tugged around my head, twirling my mane and making the blonde tendrils dance elegantly, though the crown upon which they grew was anything other than elegant. Brutish, mannish, ill-mannered, and hotly-tongued, I was definitely not your typical definition of a lady. Still, I had managed fairly well in this world, at least if you ask my friends.

"I seek audience with the leaders of the Grey," I call out finally, as I come to a halt beside an impressively large tree, waiting for the familiar faces of the twins to climb out from the shadows. I hoped they would forgive my rash words and hear out what I had to say. I had an offer I hoped they would find interesting.
""
KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by ANGEL!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
Heavens ablaze in our eyes, we're standing still in time
the blood on our hands is the wine, we offer a sacrifice
</style>

Ophelia had been away from the Grey without her memories for far too long. After her visit with the God of Time, she has moved back to the Deep Forest. Her heart was hardened and reality settled like a cold blanket around her soul. The strange, dual colored eyes were no longed tinted with open compassion, a bleeding heart and sensitive ways. Her hooves walked upon soil that was tilled in adversity in hatred. Blood made the grass grow and tears filled the ocean, and the great victory in life was to make your tears and blood a smaller percentage of that volume.

Tinek frowned at this change in his loving bond-mate, but he knew that beneath the shell she had constructed was the beautiful and loving mare. Often, when they were alone, he would confide in her the depth of her emotions that made her such a stunning creature, but for now, he would not press. She needed her armor, not only to protect her from the outside, but to wall up the churning inside. Silver scales flashed next to her, and the dragon was growing fast. To, red spines like horns sprouted from his head and backward, following the clean line of his ridged, long face. The shape of his bones were akin to a lean, long wolf with a full snout of teeth and sharp, curled talons on deft claws.

With memories restored, the height of the trees and the glory of the Tallsun season was familiar to her, and her cloven hooves carried her easily through the dense trees. Getting lost was never a possibility for her, and she was grateful for that. The Sun God had cast away everything that she had set her foundations on, and he cursed her for realizing that fact. Asshole.

A chestnut figure in the distance was an unfamiliar trait in the forest, and Ophelia could not forget the iconic shape. Flaxen mane and tail, blue eyes more deep than the sea, long, well shaped wings, and a compact body made perfect for flying - Kri. The alabaster mare had never held Kri's temper against her, especially when her sister had left so abruptly and Ophelia followed. Phi's identity had been stolen and nearly fucked up her relationship with her father and sister, but she was old enough and mature enough now to realize that she had left because the close sense of family that Kri held so dear was not a value she could share with so many. The tightly knit group of the Grey was ideal for her mentality - being independent was as well.

Still, Ophelia had always admired the mare. Who could not? She was a powerful and glorious leader, but some personalities did not fit well with others, at least not in a subordinate position.

A polite smile worked over Ophelia's lips, though the passionate innocence that was so prevalent in her as a child was now hardened and cool. The pale hybrid moved closer, Tinek grinning like a fool in her wake and flying close to the pegasus, remembering her from when he was only a tiny babe. The dragon cooed in a noise more like a strangled trill and somersaulted in the sky, finally coming to land on a branch, hanging upside down by his hind talons to listen and watch. Ophelia chuckled and shook her head. "Greetings Kri; you are speaking with one of the leaders of the Grey." The white mare inclined her head respectfully. "I cannot remember a time when you ventured so far from your home; all fares well?" She furrowed her brows in sympathy.

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!
WE WERE STRONG.

Quiet shadows greet me at first, but I stand my ground, waiting beside the large trunk with soft set eyes. Today was not a day for my harsh pride. Today was a day that I needed the forgiveness of others to shelter the storm which awaited us. I tried not to dwell too deeply on the passing of our General, but without his skills in battle, we were down some in the strength I revered more than any force on this earth. We were still strong. We would still prevail. However, I would rather not see his death shadowed by another loss in an invasion that I could perhaps stop. If I could eliminate the source of his strength, perhaps Tio would be unable to take up arms against my brethren. If their lives were on the line, I would place mine first, but I fear that would not be enough to hold them up forever.

With one threat always rides another. I am not worried about this as much as I am the wake it may cause. An invasion, even if we rose victorious, would weaken the strength of the herd. If I do not have to risk this, I would not.

The bright face which welcomes me out of the shroud of darkness is perhaps the key to keeping this dark fate away from my home and my family. "Ophelia," I say as she steps quietly from the trees. I bow my head in a curt nod, my dark eyes warmer than she might recall them, but there are lines of worry and tiredness clinging to the normally stoic features of my face. The small dragon flies wildly about for a moment, and I offer him a quiet smile. He lands on a branch, swinging back and forth, his eyes pointed toward me. I turn my attention back toward the mare of blood and snow, meeting two toned eyes I recognized well. It had been many months since she had left the Throat, but that was not enough to explain the obvious maturity that had blossomed on her face.

This was a bittersweet moment for me. I knew that life would have taught her lessons for her to so fast. We all know that life is not a kind teacher.

Her question seems open and honest, much like the look on her face. I know that Phaedra was a dirty mercenary, but this was Ophelia. She was the girl who had worked underneath me as the Sleuth and did so loyally. I believed that her ears sought not intelligence from me, but the truth. The truth was the only answer I could give, anyway, though I found myself reluctant to share with a potential spy. My heart beats in my throat for a moment, and I remember why I am here. It is not to protect my home from this girl. It is to protect my home from those who would use this girl against me. "There have been many shadows cast upon the Throat as of late," I say, my voice strong and open, as always, but softened with something unusual: a plea. "There has been a stallion by the name of Tio, colored with a golden pelt sullied by white stripes and a black mane, who seeks to wage war upon my family. He is after the land, and according to your Phaedra, already knows well enough the services you provide."

"He has no army, but I am not stupid. He will seek your aid."

I take a pause, looking at her with eyes that were worn from the events of a long month. "I believe even in the wake of the passing of our beloved General, the Throat will persevere against a threat like this. However, it will be at a greater cost. I would rather avoid the issue entirely." I am humble, in this moment, looking toward the pale girl as though she were my only hope and savior. Maybe this was true. In leaving the Throat, Ophelia might actually be able to help me protect it. "I know you no longer need to have loyalty to me or my kin, but I am willing to trade anything I have to keep my family safe. If you have need of my strength, my possessions, my resources - anything. You may request it, so long as you do not aid Tio in his quest to conquer the Dragon's Throat."
""
KRI the RESOLUTE</style>

image by ANGEL!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA & TINEK</style>
Heavens ablaze in our eyes, we're standing still in time
the blood on our hands is the wine, we offer a sacrifice
</style>

Upon closer inspection the fiery and passionate Kri was replaced with harsh lines and worry. Ophelia was disturbed by this outcome of differing features, and she moved steadily closer, ignoring Tinek who was convinced at that moment that he was a bat. Dual colored eyes scrutinized with an open softness, trying to draw out the reason for this meeting. The thought of using her magic against her former leader had never risen as an option; she would not do to the mare across from her what had caused her to leave in the first place. Besides, if Kri had one bright and shining feature (perhaps flaw as well), it was brutal and often harsh honesty.

All Phi had to do was wait until the words came to the other mare's lips, and she waited, never having recalled such softness in her gaze before. The alabaster hybrid had indeed served the Throat well; she was the one who had informed Kri of Deimos and his dangerous abilities. That information was then used in conjunction with the Qian to take over the World's Edge. Ophelia held no regrets over her actions, but Mauja managed to nag at her mind - displaced and lost.

Ophelia listened to Kri patiently, cloven hooves coming to a gentle halt. The words spoken etched into her memory perfectly. A stallion by the name of tio of a gold color with white stripes and a black mane - no stallion she had seen before, but he would be easily recognized now. Phaedra. Too long has it been since Ophelia had hunted down the happenings of the Grey, and she needed to go talk to Phaedra and discover what was learned.

Now, the Grey had a new task, and a rather simple one at that. What would the outcasted stallion with no army have to offer? Even by simple and cold economics, choosing the leader of Helovia's largest herd was the right decision. Morally, how could she support the land's laziest, herd-less stallion to dislodge a powerful leader who had worked for everything she earned. The decision was not at all difficult. Furthermore, Kri could help with a plan she had been formulating recently, as her large herd had enough to spar a few warriors...

"The Grey will honor your request," she replies with a bright smirk. "What could a lazy stallion offer the Grey except empty promises? We will not side with him, and should he attack on his own, we will come to your aide, however it is not resources I seek." Ophelia paused, wondering how much information she should yield to the strong leader. Honesty for honesty, yes? "The Deep Forest and surrounding areas is limited in its support of our group, and we may be forced to act outside of our neutrality very soon. In exchange for the defense of your borders and the lack of another contract, will you lend a few warriors when we call?" she asked. Ophelia's expression was soft but her words held a certain tactical meaning. The mare was not the leader of a group of mercenaries and spies for lack of abilities.

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!
WE WERE STRONG.

There have been times in my life where I thought fate was a cruel master punishing me for my selfish actions. The invasion which loomed over my head was no exception, lending to the overwhelming sense of dread that clogged my thoughts of myself. I was often criticized for being stubborn, sharp tongued, and hot-headed. I was never meant to be a diplomat or a leader. My figure was graced with the lines of musculature long since trained into my stocky frame. From the gruff expression on my face to the sour tint of my attitude, I was a warrior. I am not a refined lady. I am not befit for royalty. I think the only crowned and jewel embedded part of me was my heart, which shone brightly through the mire of my masculine nature. It was lofty and loyal, beating in time with that of my family.

The only part which qualified my leadership: my passionate heart.

As I gaze at the dual toned eyes of Ophelia, all I can imagine is the faces of my beloved herd staring back into my soul. She is calm, much more mature than her age should allow, and I find the worries of my heart being at ease as she listens to me. It is difficult, admitting the flaws that have befallen my once emaculate home. Now, however, under a dark looming cloud, we stand. I only hope that Ophelia still considers me kin enough to offer a ray of light on an otherwise dismal situation.

My hopes are fulfilled, for the face of the mare turns to one of mirth as she looks at me. Her words are a heaven sent whisper for my ears, and I smile at her with an unrestrained amount of excitement. Immediately, the comradery I had felt was in doubt returns, and I am pleased to have set aside my own damned pride to speak with the lady of ivory. Her offer is one that does not slacken my grin, however, as if I was suddenly in a joyous stupor, but the expression takes on a dark, sharp glint as my eyes grow with fire. "I will lead the charge of whatever war you have planned, with my brethren close behind me," is all that I say to her, my face turned upside down with relief and excitement and joy. Warriors, which meant that she was planning a war.

"Consider that a promise."
""
KRI the RESOLUTE</style>

image by ANGEL!