the Rift

green grass [kanti, open!]

Argetlam Posts: 51
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 7
Adoptable

It is raining.

It begun as a light drizzle, hardly more than a veil of mist. Clouds had come rolling, proud and thick, deep gray and painted with loose, easy strokes of a paintbrush dabbed in black. For a long minute, before the rain truly began to come falling down, it seemed the world turned gray, painted in forlorn drab ivory and silver, a ghostly cast over the Foothills. Tall, snow-laden peaks, even in the middle of summer, are hidden by the gray cloth of the miserable darkness driving down. Then the rain began to lash, a cold rain that did not stop and seemed to penetrate every inch of a horse's skin and made the flesh wrinkle and their head bow.

Argetlam had went to search for cover, for the few twisted, bowed trees that had crumpled under pressure of the wind that often swept across the rolling hills, sending the green and tawny grass rippling. The draft was huddled under one of the trees, hindquarters turned to the wind, the wind that encourage the rain to keep abusing horses soggy and damp. It was morning, but you couldn't tell from the thickness of the clouds. Dejecting, desolate, depressing, that's what it was, the peaceful giant thought glumly.

Normally the Windtossed Foothills was clarion, sapphire-skyed place full of gentle beauty. It was sheltered from bitter winters and the mountains cast long, dark shadows that tossed the blistering heat of Tallsun away. To say the least, it was a secluded place, but nevertheless a gorgeous one, and one always beating with the steady heartbeat of metal.

""

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The mare walked in the brisk beginning of a bit down pour. The mare had just finished her fun with the stallion of her dreams, and they are departed. The egg in her mouth shook every now and then, and it was growing more restless it seemed. The rain started to fall, covering the gold and white hide, soaking it to the bone in a matter of minutes. She continued to walk carefully though, being in pain from the big stallion that had jumped on her. Though it had been what she wanted, so it wasn’t so bad. The paint “mare” walked to a clearing, where there was a tree. It was so cloudy around her that she didn’t see the dark stallion hiding under the tree also, taking shelter from the pouring rains. She didn’t speak a word, until her egg started to crack. It startled her, and first thought it was lighting, but it wasn’t. The egg moved back and forth, and with a loud cracks it opened. What was inside was something fuzzy. Its eyes were still closed for now, and it was a male. She bent you face quickly to sniff it, licking off parts of the egg that stuck to his fur. She cleaned him for a bit, and he had opened his eyes by the time. They were a dark chocolate brown, beautiful in her eyes.
Welcome to the World, my beautiful Kyan. I’m been patiently waiting for you, and you’ve finally arrived. I’m Kanti.

"Talk talk talk talk"

Kanti.</style>
light from the soul warms all</style>
image by MightyBoyBrian @ flickr.com

Up For Adoption
Adoptable

He is alerted by a crack. A little snap, a bit of a pop, that breaks the monotony of the falling rain that goes patter-patter-patter on the leaves and the dirt and the flower petals. What's that? Slowly, cautiously, the gentle, peaceable giant makes his way towards the strange sound of the forest. Most birds, he thought, would've been born in the spring. And it sounded a great deal larger than the songbirds that nested here. Dragon? Oh my god! It was a dragon! After so many tedious days of searching hopelessly for one of the diamond-scaled creatures, he found one! Argetlam breaks into an ambling, swaying trot, hooves heavy on the sweet green grass.

But when he arrives at the source of the snap, it is only a small, pale egg carefully scrutinized by a small paint, golden in tone and Foothills in scent. A small exhale leaves his forlorn mouth, and Arget frowns in disappointment. He sees only a glint of wet brown fur, smelling slightly of blood and the nutrients the egg provides; a strange, nose-wrinkling sort of scent. Assuming it will be okay to approach, the metal-crafter drifts closer, watching as something falls out of the satin-white egg.

He's never seen anything like it before; with powerful back legs and small ears, and it looks a little like a rabbit, except with a massive long tail that sweeps from its hind ends. It's fascinating, not quite as magnificent as a dragon persay, but certainly interesting. "Argetlam, miss. If you don't mind me asking... what's that from the egg? I've never seen anything like it before."

[meh short post]

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The now big-bellied mare looked at the small, delicate creature before her. She smiled at Kyan. However, a force drove her out of her small sunny world, back into the dark, rainy one around her. It was a voice that was the mechanism, and it was the voice of a very large stallion. He was grey in color, and matched well with the weather outside and the darkness underneath the tree. This stallion smelled of the same land she lived on, and she felt no need to fear him. Upon hearing his name and question, she pondered both.
"Well Argetlam, this is Kyan, my new companion. He is a tree kangaroo, and I found him as an egg. He seems to be very strange to me, but I couldn’t be happier." She bent down to nuzzle him, seeing his chocolate eyes open and recognize her. "Oh Kyan, I’m so happy to have you. You’ll help me insure the birth of my child, one she comes."

The small creature wracked and shook, and finally got out of its hiding place. It felt warmth, then coldness, and it was still dark. Finally, eyes opened, to see a female. She had golden and white spots on her, and her eyes were the lightest of blues. Kyan, she said. His name was Kyan. Kanti was her name. What a beautiful name for her. He knew he to be his, as she knew him to be hers. He felt the bond immediately, and was overjoyed to finally be hatched. She started to lick him, and he giggled in his mind, not being able to make much sound yet. His brown eyes looked around, and saw rain for the first time. He tried to move, but was stuck in the shell. He let out a low whimper, one that was for Kanti.

Kanti hear Kyan whimper after she was finished speaking to Argetlam, and looked down to see him trying to get out of his shell. "Oh sweetie, let me help you with that." She grabbed him gently by the nap of his neck, lifting him out slowly, and setting him back on the ground.

"Talk talk talk talk"

Kanti.</style>
light from the soul warms all</style>
image by MightyBoyBrian @ flickr.com

Up For Adoption
Adoptable

The paint mare, hardly more than a filly, looks down fondly towards the egg, lips curling up into a smile despite the wet trickling down, teardrops of the sky. Or sweat. Whichever you prefer. Argetlam, naturally, enjoyed the thought of tears more, as it sounded so much more refined and elegant. Why the gods might be crying, however, was unknown to him, and he decided to put the matters to rest, instead shaking his soggy forelock and focusing his gentle amber eyes on the mare who looked so joyful. Tree... kang-gar-roo?" Argetlam tested the unknown words carefully, as if they were a foreign substance that might be poisonous or delicious. Never had he heard of a kangaroo. Still he preferred dragons- kangaroos looked too scrawny in the top and too bulky in the bottom, to his crafters' eyes. Despite his social... timidity, he had an acute sense it would be a poor idea to tell the near-mare this idea, and so instead complimented the name choice.

"Kyan is a good name, miss." It was, actually, Argetlam realized, a tiny bit surprised. Not what he would name his dragon, should he ever acquire one as a companion; but certainly good enough for this little kang-gar-roo. Feeling slightly as if intruding, the dark gray shire watches in quiet reverence as the mare tends to the little furry creature that hatched out of an egg. Personally, he thought it quite bizarre the animal had hatched from an egg- it didn't seem like a bird. Dolefully did he think that only birds cracked out of a shell. At least, that's the only animal he could think of aside from magnificent dragons.

[my short and sweet *cough*late*cough reply]